Kirwan's Analysis

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Kirwan's Analysis

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

Well, a thread on its own has to be started at this point to slap RKrap and Cupcake's incredbile belligerence with their embarrassing lack of knowledge on the salary cap and reality of what poor management of the cap means for teams.  If they each weren't so wrong and yet so arrogant about not admitting how wrong they've been, this probably wouldn't be necessary.

Compare those clubs they rave about being superior to how BB has handled things, and it's night and day.

Basically, everything I've said recently on this board is reflected in Kirwan's analysis. Teams to stuggle? Ravens. Yep. Giants. Yep. Saints. Yep.  We know about the Jets and Cowboys pending disasters, but the usual playoff suspects may not be playoff teams in upcoming seasons due to poor management under the cap.

Thank you again, BB.  What we're witnessing is greatness in terms of personnel and cap management in this era.

The time has come for RKrap and Mt Hurl/Cupake to back off and admit that their unhealthy disdain for BB and with the Pats not winning a Sb every year, blaming him exclusively, is their own mental instability.

The rest of us fans will absolutely enjoy BB positioning this team for another deep playoff run in 2013:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/21663914/power-teams-for-2013-five-in-best-position-to-dominate

The Super Bowl ends the 2012 season and it's time to look at the 2013 business season. In the modern NFL, teams are built and torn down in the supposed offseason. The truth is there is no offseason in the NFL.

When summer camp opens the rosters are basically set and teams are simply practicing for the upcoming games.

Clubs with salary cap issues like the New York Jets and Dallas Cowboys are up against some tough odds to build a team ready to win in 2013.

Even the world champion Baltimore Ravens have hurdles to get over to replenish their roster and get Joe Flacco under contract. Franchising Flacco sounds easy enough, but that tag would wipe out the salary cap space they have and leave nothing to sign their own unrestricted free agents. Tough choices have to be made, and Steve Bisciotti told me personnel meetings are already under way.

More on NFL Column Pete Prisco
    Power Rankings: Ravens finish No. 1, but they won't stay thereRelated links More NFL coverage

Teams like the New York Giants are already doing some house cleaning with the release of Ahmad Bradshaw, Chris Canty and Michael Boley, but cutting players for cap reasons doesn't mean the talent released has been replaced. There will be plenty of players on other teams released in the coming weeks.

There are 10-12 teams projected to be over the salary cap of $121 million will flood the veteran pool and make it a buyers' market in 2013. Money and cap space are real power in the coming months. If your favorite club doesn't have its ducks in order things could get rough.

To improve in 2013, teams need to grow from this point not go backwards because of cap issues, the lack of draft picks, the loss of coaches, players and the constant need to get younger.

I looked at all 32 teams and arrived at the top five in the best shape to go forward in 2013 from a football and business sense.

The criteria I used included:

• How good was the team in 2012?

• How many returning starters are already under contract?

• Is there a franchise quarterback under contract?

• How much salary cap space do they have at this point?

• Are the head coach and coordinators back for another season?

• How many significant players have five or less years of experience?

• How many veterans needed to be released for salary cap, age or injury reasons?

• Do they have a full complement of draft picks?

Taking a look at teams with these eight criteria as the barometer can put into perspective how realistic it is for a franchise to be ready for the 2013 season.

Here are my top five franchises poised to make a run in 2013 because they have the personnel, money and infrastructure in place. Keep in mind salary cap space fluctuates almost on a daily basis.

1. Seattle: The Seahawks won 11 games in 2012, return 20 starters and found their franchise QB in Russell Wilson. They also have close to $18 million in salary cap space. There are 15 significant players with five or less years of experience and they have eight draft picks. Seattle did lose its defensive coordinator to the Jaguars, but Pete Carroll is a defensive-minded coach. This team is in a great situation to start extending solid young players on their roster. GM John Schneider is an aggressive deal maker, and a few trades could bring the Seahawks even more draft picks or players to one of the youngest teams in the NFL.

2. San Francisco: The 49ers won 11 games in 2012 and almost won the Super Bowl. They return 19 starters, found their franchise QB in Colin Kaepernick but have only have $4 million to $5 million in salary cap space. They have nine significant players with five or fewer years of experience and have 11 draft picks in 2013. With extra picks in Rounds 3, 5, 6, 7, GM Trent Balke can move up if he sees players of value. It would be hard to have 11 draft picks make this roster in 2013, but that's a good problem to have coming off a Super Bowl run. If Alex Smith is traded, the Niners will have even more picks and cap space to work with this spring.

3. New England: The Patriots won 12 games in 2012. They have 19 returning starters, Tom Brady is under contract and they have about $18 million in cap space. They have 14 significant players with five or fewer years of experience but only five draft picks at this point. Bill Belichick is always capable of creating more draft picks by moving down in rounds. The Patriots will find bargain veterans in the post-draft period of free agency and have the money to sign as many as they want.

4. Green Bay: The Packers won 11 games in 2012, have 20 returning starters, Aaron Rodgers is still under contract and they have a modest $7 million in salary cap space. They have 12 significant players with five or fewer years of experience and seven draft picks.

5. Denver: The Broncos won 13 games in 2012, return 18 starters, Peyton Manning is under contract and they have close to $17 million in cap space. They have 10 significant players with five or fewer years of experience and all seven draft picks. Denver did lose its offensive coordinator to San Diego, but Manning acts like the coordinator anyway.

Teams such as Atlanta, Indianapolis, Cincinnati and Houston were all considered for the top five but fell short in one area or another when compared to these five team above. The Bengals have close to $50 million in cap space but will they use it? Indianapolis has $40 million in cap space but only four draft picks and lost its offensive coordinator.

Note that good franchises like the Steelers, Giants and Saints have cap issues that might set their rosters back at a time when the top five teams are moving forward.

•  

you just never stop do you?

first of all the Giants are releasing players from a SB Championship team, the core of which remains in place. See, that's how you do it and how any good organization does it. Thats why Eli and Cruz and JPP and Nicks and Rolle (need i go on?) will all be there-weeee bit harder to replace them

Second of all, exactly who have the Giants released that will "hurt" them next season? Exactly who that can't be replaced? Canty? Bradshaw? who exactly?

And don't you have the brains to think they have players ready to take their place or will draft their replacements, as Jerry Reese has shown he is so capable of?

Jeez this is Football 101 stuff...roster turnover is the only constant in the NFL and was even before ur sacred cap due to no guraranteed contracts and the attrition/short lifespan of players in so physical a sport.

You still don't get it and won't acknowledge it no matter how many times I have to tell you: the Giants have been drafting and building teams the same way long before their was a cap so the cap hasn't had that much effect on how they do business and how they build a team.

For the thousandth time since George Young in 1979 at the very least they are basically conservative with years and money in contracts, do not sign FA very often (and almost exclusively not the big name high price ones), draft the best athlete regardless of position, move up or down to stockpile picks and will replace vets with rookies at key positions if and when neceassary

In other words everything they taught Bill Bellichick when he was here, especially Parcells

it just never ends no matter many times ur shown to be  wrong

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I just think it's funny a thread started by Mr. 152 IQ is probably going to go 60 posts long...58 of which will be making a fool of rusty!  Tears!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I just think it's funny a thread started by Mr. 152 IQ is probably going to go 60 posts long...58 of which will be making a fool of rusty!  Tears!

i already explained the giants to him above Hurl but it will fall on deaf agenda laden ears as usual

my poor giants! destined to go 3-13 next 5 yrs due to poor cap management!

where is bellichick when u really need him hurl?  alas...

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Hey Hurlie! I went ahead and edited out the embedded Prisco piece to protect your delicate, child-like sensibilities.

So, what do you think of his analysis? It sure contradicts yours with regards to that big meanie, Bill Belichick, as he doesn't do enough to support Tom Brady, huh?

LMAO

I don't know, I can't really comment, I didn't read it. Should I? Will it explain "salary cap hell" to me? I kind of glanced through it.

I think the part that you're missing about this whole "salary cap hell" thing is that as we've told you many many times...the salary cap in the NFL is the most fluid thing in all of sports. Teams can whipe off 10 million in payroll over a weekend (even quicker as the Packers, Giants and Lions just showed). The problem is you bought this whole scary salary cap thing, hook line and sinker...you fell in love with it.

So yes, as the article states - teams will be cutting players over the next few weeks (just like every year). Teams will then sign guys - maybe even the ones that got cut. Some players will make more, some players will make less, but no one is going to stop doing business because of this scary salary cap that you are all confused about.

You do relize that Kirwin ranks Pete Carrol's Seahawks as number one in how his team is set up, don't you? Think about that and how it tosses some of the credibility out the window regarding this article. I think it's time for you to google another "salary cap hell" piece. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

i already explained the giants to him above Hurl but it will fall on deaf agenda laden ears as usual

I don't know how you guys are going to do it! The horror! You'll have to sign guys right out of Hofstra to field a team next year.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

You "explained"? LOL.

Your OLD and fading team missed the playoffs next year and I challenged you to a bet that they would again, but you sallied away like a little girl. Not surprising. You're a gutless worm.

Gee, it's a wonder our own Pats trolls align with jealous little Giants trolls who deep down, know it's a long way down to some .500 seasons.

"missed the playoffs next year"?  is this some sort of time warp thing or are you Kreskin?

I told u already if thats the best u can come up with as a bet ur on....

you have yet to eplain to me why any Giants fan would be "jealous" of the Patriots

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Hey Hurlie! I went ahead and edited out the embedded Prisco piece to protect your delicate, child-like sensibilities.

So, what do you think of his analysis? It sure contradicts yours with regards to that big meanie, Bill Belichick, as he doesn't do enough to support Tom Brady, huh?

LMAO

I don't know, I can't really comment, I didn't read it. Should I? Will it explain "salary cap hell" to me? I kind of glanced through it.

I think the part that you're missing about this whole "salary cap hell" thing is that as we've told you many many times...the salary cap in the NFL is the most fluid thing in all of sports. Teams can whipe off 10 million in payroll over a weekend (even quicker as the Packers, Giants and Lions just showed). The problem is you bought this whole scary salary cap thing, hook line and sinker...you fell in love with it.

So yes, as the article states - teams will be cutting players over the next few weeks (just like every year). Teams will then sign guys - maybe even the ones that got cut. Some players will make more, some players will make less, but no one is going to stop doing business because of this scary salary cap that you are all confused about.

You do relize that Kirwin ranks Pete Carrol's Seahawks as number one in how his team is set up, don't you? Think about that and how it tosses some of the credibility out the window regarding this article. I think it's time for you to google another "salary cap hell" piece. 

The Seattle Seahawks and SF 49ers have been sitting on top 15 picks for like 7 years. That division in the NFC West has blown.

The simple fact, NE has been picking at the back of the 1st rd, had a pick taken away in 2008, and continues to reel off 13 win+ seasons in the midst of it, somehow isn't impressive to you as a Pats fan?  How can you be this dumb?

Finally, you just proved you don't get it. Saying "it's fluid" doesn't mean that you trade draft picks, ignore maximizing assets, overpay FAs so you lose leverage as a GM, etc.  All these things add up.  Look no further than your favorite team the Jets. Mikey Felger, Gasper, you, RKarp, and all the over morons at ESPN kept trying to tell us we were doomed, "Kraft is cheap", etc, but the fact is, BB's way is the best way to maintain. 

You mock the genius of it, because clearly you don't get how he's able to stay in control so well, keeping a strong position.

It's sad and pathetic that you are  Pats fan and don't appreciate how great he is managing the cap.  But, you need to realize there is a cap, that it exitsts, and yes, that mismanaging it can absolutely bog down an organization. How long, is anyone's guess, but to pretend saying "it's fluid", so you can try to sound smart is comical.

I would suggest you read it, Mr. Ignorant.  It uses statements I've used here many times.  So, we have a former scout and well respect NFL personnel guy himself, Pat Kirwan, mirroring my comments, and it would expose you and RKrap to high heaven, and you won't read it.  Go figure.

Here is an example of what I was saying in the Woodson thread that you mocked:

"Teams like the New York Giants are already doing some house cleaning with the release of Ahmad Bradshaw, Chris Canty and Michael Boley, but cutting players for cap reasons doesn't mean the talent released has been replaced

I don't think you get why we have been so successful over the last several years...it's Tom Brady and excellent coaching. I understand that you can make an excuse for our drafts being poor over the last 5-6 years by saying we are selecting so low in the first round...valid excuse. The free agent signings is what in my opinion totally ruins this "Belichick is the best GM ever!" premise you carry around here like it's your secret decoder ring. I could argue that the signings over the last three years have not helped this team much at all - certainly not to the degree expected when we chose to go value shopping and saving all our cash for the firestorm of free agent cuts that would be happening from the "impending doom of the NFL lockout" you talked about for a year and a half.

Instead the we ended up with Shaun Ellis, Ocho Cinco, Haynesworth (and I can't even believe that one), Gallery, Stallworth, Gaffney, Fennene, Addai, Gregory, Springs, Fred Taylor, Leigh Bodden (we still paying for him?), Galloway and more! That is what we spent our cap dollars on. Millions of cap space wasted to try to find Seymore's replacement. Millions wasted to find  a corner we couldn't find in the second round of the draft. Resources gone...time wasted...years of Brady's career gone. For God's sake Buffalo picked the right safety on the same team Chung was on! The guy was standing 20 feet away from Chung every game and we end up with Chung?? This is the work of the best GM in the history of the NFL? YOU ARE INSANE.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

LMAO

The Seattle Seahawks and SF 49ers have been sitting on top 15 picks for like 7 years. That division in the NFC West has blown.

The simple fact, NE has been picking at the back of the 1st rd, had a pick taken away in 2008, and continues to reel off 13 win+ seasons in the midst of it, somehow isn't impressive to you as a Pats fan?  How can you be this dumb?

Finally, you just proved you don't get it. Saying "it's fluid" doesn't mean that you trade draft picks, ignore maximizing assets, overpay FAs so you lose leverage as a GM, etc.  All these things add up.  Look no further than your favorite team the Jets. Mikey Felger, Gasper, you, RKarp, and all the over morons at ESPN kept trying to tell us we were doomed, "Kraft is cheap", etc, but the fact is, BB's way is the best way to maintain. 

You mock the genius of it, because clearly you don't get how he's able to stay in control so well, keeping a strong position.

It's sad and pathetic that you are  Pats fan and don't appreciate how great he is managing the cap.  But, you need to realize there is a cap, that it exitsts, and yes, that mismanaging it can absolutely bog down an organization. How long, is anyone's guess, but to pretend saying "it's fluid", so you can try to sound smart is comical.

I would suggest you read it, Mr. Ignorant.  It uses statements I've used here many times.  So, we have a former scout and well respect NFL personnel guy himself, Pat Kirwan, mirroring my comments, and it would expose you and RKrap to high heaven, and you won't read it.  Go figure.

"Teams like the New York Giants are already doing some house cleaning with the release of Ahmad Bradshaw, Chris Canty and Michael Boley, but cutting players for cap reasons doesn't mean the talent released has been replaced

I don't think you get why we have been so successful over the last several years...it's Tom Brady and excellent coaching. I understand that you can make an excuse for our drafts being poor over the last 5-6 years by saying we are selecting so low in the first round...valid excuse. The free agent signings is what in my opinion totally ruins this "Belichick is the best GM ever!" premise you carry around here like it's your secret decoder ring. I could argue that the signings over the last three years have not helped this team much at all - certainly not to the degree expected when we chose to go value shopping and saving all our cash for the firestorm of free agent cuts that would be happening from the "impending doom of the NFL lockout" you talked about for a year and a half.

Instead the we ended up with Shaun Ellis, Ocho Cinco, Haynesworth (and I can't even believe that one), Gallery, Stallworth, Gaffney, Fennene, Addai, Gregory, Springs, Fred Taylor, Leigh Bodden (we still paying for him?), Galloway and more! That is what we spent our cap dollars on. Millions of cap space wasted to try to find Seymore's replacement. Millions wasted to find  a corner we couldn't find in the second round of the draft. Resources gone...time wasted...years of Brady's career gone. For God's sake Buffalo picked the right safety on the same team Chung was on! The guy was standing 20 feet away from Chung every game and we end up with Chung?? This is the work of the best GM in the history of the NFL? YOU ARE INSANE.

So, a few draft picks that didn't work out is exclusive just to BB?| This irrationally immature standard you hold BB to is fascinating to watch unfold. 

"secret decoder ring"?  Because I appreciate the heck out of what I am witnessing as a Pats fan, this means I have a "secret decoder ring"? What does that even mean?

Also, who mocks the Leigh Bodden signing? Great signing, under market, he was ranked 14th in 2009 as a CB.  Great return on that deal. 

Because the guy apparently had a career ending back injury, this means BB needs to have  a rystal ball to see that?  You're beyond irrational.  You act like no other GM signs a FA and an injury affects the life of the terms of the deal.  It happens.

Fanene lied about his situation, which won't hurt NE's cap space in 2013, so I have no idea why that would bother you.  And as if adding Fred Taylor to a backfield that included Maroney, Sammy Morris, Faulk and an emergring BJGE, this was offensive to you? He was meant to take some carries away from the rest and as it turned out he wasn't needed that much.  Who cares? They needed a vet RB, they signed one.  I mean, what are we missing here?

You act like Bodden wasn't a good FA target. He was!  Played on crappy teams, stood out, was very good here for the one year he was unhealthy. What's Dunta Robinson doing in Atlanta? Not much.  Overrated and overpaid.  He's gone the second his deal runs out. How's Asomougha been doing?

What's next, Gronk is a bad pick because he's been hurt in the SB and this year's AFC title game? By your logic, that's what it means.  It sure seems like your anal cavity is raw because Tom Brady isn't getting what he wants.  That's what it sounds like to me. 

BB's less than 100% perfect personnel moves now, back in 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 or now are still BETTER than the majority of the NFL.

PCMIV posted the names of Ozzie Newsome's drafts in recentyears. AWFUL. Absolutely awful by comparison.  Some of the players barely played!     Your problem is, you live in this Pats vacuum, exclusively and then whine like a 12 year old girl when Brady folds in the postseason.  It's just a convenient way for you to get a simple answer for your brain.

Team loses, BB bad.  You're like a caveman. LMAO

You can't believe BB taking a flyer on Haynesworth for a song to add into the Andre Carters, Mark Andersons and Brian Waters of the world?  Why is it so offensive to you when you has such great management, the simple fact he tossed Washington a 5th rder, gambling on a 1 year rental of a great talent (but lazy and unable to be coached) Haynesworth?   You seem to not realize the whole reason he could do that is because of his great management.  It's like an embarrassment of riches in terms of looking under every rock possible.

I can tell you right now, the fact NE is sitting at 18 mil under the cap, will win the division favorite next year, a top Vegas favorite to win it all (again), 90% of NFL fanbases are incensed this is the case.  Jealous as all hell.

You're a fascinating type of an imbecile.  You're a moron's moron. Congrats!

Oh no! Buffalo made a better pick with Byrd and now with their cap problems with REALLY bad moves like Anderson at that money and Mario Williams there, they might lose him. See how this works?

BB makes a mistake, and it's covered. Buffalo or one of these poorly run teams makes one or two, and they're screwed.

You sound like being a Pats fan under BB is a punishment.  You're so spoiled it's sickening to everyone here. The whiny, pink hat behavior is pathetic.

Look at this sentence:  "Resources gone...time wasted...years of Brady's career gone."

So, how has Brady been playing in his last few postseasons? How was he in the 2007 AFC title game?   Hmm?  Guess who bailed him out? Laura Maroney. 122 yards on the ground, much of it in the 4th qtr because Brady threw 3 INTs and SUCKED.

Remember that?  This team is not about catering to Tom Brady.  What scares me is that Brady holds that same entitled attitude you do.

How was he in the SB? Who forced him to recklessly lob a ball to Gronk on one leg like that on 1st down in the 4th qtr? BB, right! Yes! Blame it all on BB!

BB is by far and away, without question the best GM of the last 10-15 years in the cap era, the whole cap era since 1993, and since the cap is set up to promote parity and quell dynasties from forming, yes he's the best GM ever. Ever.

If there was no cap, this team would challenge 19-0 every year.

rolls eyes-shakes head

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Remember , if there was no cap a few of other teams in the NFL would spend like crazy and challenge every year, possibly the 'Boys and the Skins, maybe even the Jets and Broncos. I think Kraft is a businessman first and fan second. At some point he would detect dinimishing returns and back off on spending. Could argue with BB giving them a coaching advantage the Pats are better off with a spending cap in place.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

You roll those eyes, you little girl.

It would come down to how much money an owner wanted to spend and let's face it, Kraft could easily spend more.  The PAts are the 2nd or 3rd most valuable franchise in the NFL and have been for years.

When Bill Walsh needed to keep his players, he did. DeBartolo supported it. Same deal in NY with the Giants and George Young. Need to sweeten the deal a bit? No problem, we'll make sure key players don't up and leave for more money elsewhere, because there is no cap to worry about.

For every one player they wish they could have held onto 1 more year or not traded, etc, that's easily another crack at an undefeated season.

You're such a little scummy liar from Long Island. As if BB wanted to walk away from Samuel, Vrabel and Seymour when he did? Explain why he'd want to turn away good system players who go to Pro Bowls, please.

It would have been nice to pay Moss and not care in 2010, too.  I could go on and on. Deion Branch. If he's there in 2006, they win the SB. Absolutely, no doubt. 

Just what do you think the intent of the cap is, Gunty? Hmm? Care to answer that?  NE goes minimum 12-4 every year in the cap era. When they lose games, they barely lose.  NE lost like 3 games this year by a combined 5 points.

besides what Patsfan said for me above... the idea of a cap is the same idea behind revenue sharing, one of Pete Rozelle's master strokes how he convinced a group of hardcore capitalist rich boys to share the wealth for the betterment of all in the mid 60's which led to the explosion of the NFL in the 70's- all that glorious tv money filling the coffers. Same with a cap, fool. So no one club can stockpile talent due to economic advantages, mainly tv market and population/fanbase, which actually helps teams like NE compete with markets like New York but u can't see that

also the other two things you never acknowledge are BB has had Tom Brady to make him look awfully smart, especially during his on the fly rebuild of the Pats D which is going on 6 years now and the fact that playing for the past decade in the AFC Easy with 3 inept franchises has helped BB look awfully good too. Jeez even in the years one of the other three were good-very slim number there-the other two still sucked!

Don't tell me the Pats in the same div with the Steelers and Ravens or the NFC East the past 10 years are running roughshod over the division...no way no how

it's amazing how I thing bellichick is a top coach and very good gm but since ur so obnoxious and over the top it makes me have to denigrate him...shouldn't that tell u something?

nah you'll never get it

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

LMAO

So, a few draft picks that didn't work out is exclusive just to BB?| This irrationally immature standard you hold BB to is fascinating to watch unfold. 

"secret decoder ring"?  Because I appreciate the heck out of what I am witnessing as a Pats fan, this means I have a "secret decoder ring"? What does that even mean?

Also, who mocks the Leigh Bodden signing? Great signing, under market, he was ranked 14th in 2009 as a CB.  Great return on that deal. 

Because the guy apparently had a career ending back injury, this means BB needs to have  a rystal ball to see that?  You're beyond irrational.  You act like no other GM signs a FA and an injury affects the life of the terms of the deal.  It happens.

Fanene lied about his situation, which won't hurt NE's cap space in 2013, so I have no idea why that would bother you.  And as if adding Fred Taylor to a backfield that included Maroney, Sammy Morris, Faulk and an emergring BJGE, this was offensive to you? He was meant to take some carries away from the rest and as it turned out he wasn't needed that much.  Who cares? They needed a vet RB, they signed one.  I mean, what are we missing here?

You act like Bodden wasn't a good FA target. He was!  Played on crappy teams, stood out, was very good here for the one year he was unhealthy. What's Dunta Robinson doing in Atlanta? Not much.  Overrated and overpaid.  He's gone the second his deal runs out. How's Asomougha been doing?

What's next, Gronk is a bad pick because he's been hurt in the SB and this year's AFC title game? By your logic, that's what it means.  It sure seems like your anal cavity is raw because Tom Brady isn't getting what he wants.  That's what it sounds like to me. 

BB's less than 100% perfect personnel moves now, back in 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 or now are still BETTER than the majority of the NFL.

PCMIV posted the names of Ozzie Newsome's drafts in recentyears. AWFUL. Absolutely awful by comparison.  Some of the players barely played!     Your problem is, you live in this Pats vacuum, exclusively and then whine like a 12 year old girl when Brady folds in the postseason.  It's just a convenient way for you to get a simple answer for your brain.

You can't believe BB taking a flyer on Haynesworth for a song to add into the Andre Carters, Mark Andersons and Brian Waters of the world?  Why is it so offensive to you when you has such great management, the simple fact he tossed Washington a 5th rder, gambling on a 1 year rental of a great talent (but lazy and unable to be coached) Haynesworth?   You seem to not realize the whole reason he could do that is because of his great management.  It's like an embarrassment of riches in terms of looking under every rock possible.

I can tell you right now, the fact NE is sitting at 18 mil under the cap, will win the division favorite next year, a top Vegas favorite to win it all (again), 90% of NFL fanbases are incensed this is the case.  Jealous as all hell.

Oh no! Buffalo made a better pick with Byrd and now with their cap problems with REALLY bad moves like Anderson at that money and Mario Williams there, they might lose him. See how this works?

BB makes a mistake, and it's covered. Buffalo or one of these poorly run teams makes one or two, and they're screwed.

You sound like being a Pats fan under BB is a punishment.  You're so spoiled it's sickening to everyone here. The whiny, pink hat behavior is pathetic.

Look at this sentence:  "Resources gone...time wasted...years of Brady's career gone."

So, how has Brady been playing in his last few postseasons? How was he in the 2007 AFC title game?   Hmm?  Guess who bailed him out? Laura Maroney. 122 yards on the ground, much of it in the 4th qtr because Brady threw 3 INTs and SUCKED.

Remember that?  This team is not about catering to Tom Brady.  What scares me is that Brady holds that same entitled attitude you do.

How was he in the SB? Who forced him to recklessly lob a ball to Gronk on one leg like that on 1st down in the 4th qtr? BB, right! Yes! Blame it all on BB!

BB is by far and away, without question the best GM of the last 10-15 years in the cap era, the whole cap era since 1993, and since the cap is set up to promote parity and quell dynasties from forming, yes he's the best GM ever. Ever.

It cracks me up beyond belief that you can try and justify years of poor free agent signings. Imagine what it could of been like if we didn't have Brady and Belichick covering for it? Well one of those (Brady) may not be around much longer to continue to do it and this place will turn into a ghost town when that happens....will you still be here yelling about the best GM in salary cap history? I hope you will be because I will thoroughly enjoy rubbing it in your face when we have to watch the likes of the Steven Gregory's of the world have balls thrown over their heads...down, after down, after down.

the real treat is listening to you defend a 20 million dollar contract handed to Leigh Bodden four years ago. The guy hurt his shoulder, then his knee, then didn't want to play in our scheme - and now it's a career ending back? Is that what you said? Hhahaa! Priceless. I'm sure you'll say the exact same thing regarding Dowling in another year - how we weren't supposed to know he would get hurt so much (and this is a guy that couldn't even run in a straight line without hurting himself at his pre draft workout).

Mistakes were made, it doesn't change the fact that BB is the best coach in football. It just doesn't make him the best GM of all time. All those low risk...high reward guys, still cost us money, roster spots, losses and the opportunity to acquire good players. We still are looking for Seymore's replacement 5 years later. We still have no one to play Asante Samuals spot - now I can understand not just handing both of them big money (although they could of), but I can't see how they are still not replaced. These weren't old and washed up players we are talking about here - have we now spent the same amount trying to replace these two (and failed)?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

LMAO

It cracks me up beyond belief that you can try and justify years of poor free agent signings. Imagine what it could of been like if we didn't have Brady and Belichick covering for it? Well one of those (Brady) may not be around much longer to continue to do it and this place will turn into a ghost town when that happens....will you still be here yelling about the best GM in salary cap history? I hope you will be because I will thoroughly enjoy rubbing it in your face when we have to watch the likes of the Steven Gregory's of the world have balls thrown over their heads...down, after down, after down.

the real treat is listening to you defend a 20 million dollar contract handed to Leigh Bodden four years ago. The guy hurt his shoulder, then his knee, then didn't want to play in our scheme - and now it's a career ending back? Is that what you said? Hhahaa! Priceless. I'm sure you'll say the exact same thing regarding Dowling in another year - how we weren't supposed to know he would get hurt so much (and this is a guy that couldn't even run in a straight line without hurting himself at his pre draft workout).

Mistakes were made, it doesn't change the fact that BB is the best coach in football. It just doesn't make him the best GM of all time. All those low risk...high reward guys, still cost us money, roster spots, losses and the opportunity to acquire good players. We still are looking for Seymore's replacement 5 years later. We still have no one to play Asante Samuals spot - now I can understand not just handing both of them big money (although they could of), but I can't see how they are still not replaced. These weren't old and washed up players we are talking about here - have we now spent the same amount trying to replace these two (and failed)?

as u can see Hurl I always said Bellichick is a very good GM and very good coach but since rusty thinks he invented football and the rest of the 31 teams are living in caves in darkness while he has electricity and lives in a house there's just no way to get that thru his titanically thick skull

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I would say we spent more in draft currency and free agency than Asante would have cost to,lock,up. Seymour possibly the same. Rodney ditto. and don't forget the revolving door at wr either. It really is quite amazing that this team has chalked up so many winning seasons with so many personnel blunders. The constant is brady and bb the coach. they combined mask the mess ups. 

Russ, if you think bb has been extraordinary in the draft, better than any other team since 20the think again. As I have said many times , bb has had more picks in rounds 1-3 since 2006 Than any other GM. He has hit at an average rate, not better or worse than most..certainly not better or worse than the elite franchises. 

add the "best GM in the history of the nfl" and "defensivE genius" premiums, and you would think we could muster 10 % above average regardless of where in the rounds we chose. 

I do agree that the crappy teams have stockpiled top 15 talent, but it shouldn't excuse the many misses and reaches bb has had in the draft. Great gm's should be better than average and managing a cap isn't the only ingredient to being the best GM ever. Don't confuse coaching and being a GM here.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

I would say we spent more in draft currency and free agency than Asante would have cost to,lock,up. Seymour possibly the same. Rodney ditto. and don't forget the revolving door at wr either. It really is quite amazing that this team has chalked up so many winning seasons with so many personnel blunders. The constant is brady and bb the coach. they combined mask the mess ups. 

Russ, if you think bb has been extraordinary in the draft, better than any other team since 20the think again. As I have said many times , bb has had more picks in rounds 1-3 since 2006 Than any other GM. He has hit at an average rate, not better or worse than most..certainly not better or worse than the elite franchises. 

add the "best GM in the history of the nfl" and "defensivE genius" premiums, and you would think we could muster 10 % above average regardless of where in the rounds we chose. 

I do agree that the crappy teams have stockpiled top 15 talent, but it shouldn't excuse the many misses and reaches bb has had in the draft. Great gm's should be better than average and managing a cap isn't the only ingredient to being the best GM ever. Don't confuse coaching and being a GM here.

very well said!

Bellichick the Greatest Head Coach ever? You can make an argument

Bellichick the Greatest GM ever? very very debatable

25. This post has been removed.