Kirwan's Analysis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Kirwan's Analysis

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

No. no. I didn't ask for transactions. We all know BB is the master at using his PS or developing UDFAs for use down the line, etc. That's not gonna cut it, Mr. Sneaky. I could show every GM in the league's transactions, too.

I am asking you to list 24+ draft picks he picked specificially to replace the All Star rosters he fielded here when winning SBs.

So, for example, Meriweather and Chung were supposed to take over as starters for more than just their rookie deals. They didn't and they're not here anymore. So, that's 2.

You have about 22 more to go.

Good luck.

Well, I said fa'S AND DRAFT PICKS.  Those transactions listed represent wasted $$$$, wasted picks and wasted FA's and a big fat waste of time resulting in little gain.  For every 10 wasted and the money involved, you think he could have picked up 1 that actually contributed something during the course of the year?  UGH

Every team has lists like that.  The fact is, BB's yields are more impressive than most GMs.

You act as if him trying to improve the team all the time is a personal affront to you.

Andre Carter, waters, Anderson didn't contribute in 2011? Crumpler and Gerard Warren in 2010?  Christ, BB reacquired Branch and dumped a problematic Moss in 2010 to save that offense Brady was leading down a bad path.

UGH is right. You're a sneak. Your premise with your buddy Mt Hurl has always been about how bad BB is as a GM with draft picks.  Now, you're attempting to move it into the FA world, which won't see you victorious there either.  It's like he needed to be perfect for you to feel good about his performance as a GM.

He gets guys on bargains who outperform their contracts and then you act all offended with the ones who don't.

Do you realize how pathetic you sound whining about Bill Belichick?  31 teams, maybe 30, would fire their coaches/GMs TOMORROW, if Kraft fired BB.

I wouldn't

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Russ, tough to say bb is the best GM in the cap era when he has himself as HC as well. The true tess would be to see if another good coach could take this roster and produce as many wins. I doubt it it could happen. That was my poInt. He wins almost inspite of his gm mess ups and does so primarily because of tb and the offense . you really don't think we would be producing 12-13 win seasons without tb and the offense with our current defense do you? I agree if falters at the most strenuous of times, but so does bb coaching as of late. 

why only look as far back as 2009? I think 2006-07 are the key beginnings of the so called rebuilding effort. We should come up with a list of FA's and draft picks from those years forward and see what the success rate is. My point is to not bash bb, but rather say we probably would have won the 2 we lost and maybe more if we had succeeded more in both fa and the draft.  We had more picks than any in those years and I think our rebuilding effort would have been complete with great success if we didn't have to continually draft various positions like cb, and hit better on FA talent in key areas like WR, safety and DT. It is curious that a large majority of the personnel blunders have been on defense ....weird

How is adding Moss and Welker in 2007 "rebuilding"? He clearly was doing that to get the older guys he knew he was going to have to say goodbye to, 1 or 2 more cracks before that happened.

Rebuilding? That was one of the oldest defenses in the NFL, and the offense wasn't young either. The entire O Line was getting up in age, including Neal, Light, etc.

The second he dealt Vrable, I knew what he was doing in 2009.  Brady's rehab probably told him Brady was going to need a year to get back to an elite level (he was correct), and I was suspicious all summer when he held onto Seymour. Then, Labor Day Weeekend, Seymour dealt for a 1st which was a fleecing basked on the weak market for that kind of a move at the time (check out what Carolian did not do with Peppers, they got NOTHING), and the transition to a youth movement was on.

He signed Wilfork, Brady and Mankins before the lockout, waited in the weeds and had his team IN THE SB last year, dude.

This whole premise of a rebuild in 2006 with Bruschi, Harrison, Samuell, Vrabel, Colvin, etc, all still here is preposterous.

I agree we should have won SB 42 and 46. In different ways, how the team played in thos e games, served up two rings for the GIants.  SB 42 and now more SB 46 is PART of this rhetoric about BB being an average GM or overrated or whatever the word of the day is.

Your buddies Hurl and Pezzy go as far to imply that it's very easy to do what any GM does in this league and that there is no cap that exists/it's very easy to get under a cap and field a SB contender simultaneously.

It's not.

Look at any team that has struggled to put together legit playoff contending teams and what's the pattern? Major and constant turnover.  BB doesn't have that here. 

I can tell before a season starts what trendy team who made splashy moves will be disappointed. In 2011, it was Philly. In 2010, it was the Jets.

Last year, it was the Buffalo Bills.

I agree we should have won SB 42 and 46

of course you do! you think the Pats are so superior to everyone else that they should go 19-0 every year and whenever they lose they beat themselves because their opponents had nothing to do with it! no team can beat the mighty pats if they play their "A" game-

LOL

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Leave it you to call the youngest D in the league "crap" when they lead the NFL the last 3 years (finished first 2/3 years), cumulatively, in turnovers created, to make it easier for Brady's offense to score more points.

Yes, Lloyd "sucked". Sure. 74 catches, almost 1000 yards and 4 TDs is real awful.  Wes Welker, sucked, too!

Hey, Gronk and Hernandez also suck!  Terrible!  Taylor Price should have made it and not gotten hurt!

lmao

Bruschi went down in 2005 and the D fell apart.  In SB 38, Tyrone Poole, Harrison and Eugene Wilson went down and the D blew a lead in the SB, almost losing it, barring a gift from Jon Kasay.

The difference is, players didn't drop 1st downs, Brady didn't take Safeties or throw INTs on 1st downs, go 3 and out at an alarming rate to the point entire halves yield zero points.

NE went 6-1 without Gronk, too, dummy.  The offense didn't "fall apart" at all. Brady fell apart. Again. 2 INTs and many more poor decisions.  Even his O line he's spoiled by. Mankins or Connolly go down and BB has Thomas and McDonald or Cannon to fill in with ease. 

Pitt or the Jets lose their Center, nd their entire O Line collapses, you ungrateful toad.

And please stop brining up 2009. Brady back after missing a year and BB selling off chips to plan a rebuild is not a good argument for you. Only a deluded moron thought NE was pushing for a SB in 2009 or 2010.  If they had won in 2010, it would have been incredible starting 4 rookies on D with a clear rebuild underway.

Wake up.

The D has been a "complete failure"? How does that make sense? They won the AFC title game for Brady last year!  Covered up for his AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL game!  In SB 46, they were the whole reason why they had a chance to put the nail in the coffin on that final drive that Brady and Welker managed to screw up so well.

If Talib and Jones play in this game last month, the outcome is different.  Pull any starting LCB off a team or any pass rusher from the lineup from ANY TEAM and it would hurt.  Brady playing like crap doesn't help our team. I know you think it does, it's everyone else's falt but Brady's, but you're wrong.

Hmm. Every other fan thinks Brady is spoiled to the bejesus with what he's surrounded with, but you. Isn't that interesting.  Other fans know more about the Pats than you do.

"Continuity"?  You wouldn't know about that concept if it landed your face in the form of a Brady doll.

Brady is the main reason for the team for being competitive as it has been.  Look at the team since 2005.  No continuity,  and no depth, revolving door of recievers, RB's, TE's, and virtually the whole D minus a few players.  They are the 2nd youngest D because no body in the past 6 years has stuck, minus Fork and Mayo. They have virtually turned it over 3 times in 6 years.

That's ludicrous!

You don't think he kows he has a problem there?  How about a 4th for a half year rental?

Screams despiration!  Screams it!

BB needs to stick to coaching or at least hire some one that can actually evaluate DB and Reciever talent.  He obviously has a BIG problem there.

Oh, and if TB sucks so much for the past 6 years, why hasn't the master replaced him?  Nope!  Just every freaken soul around him, THREE TIMES!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

No. no. I didn't ask for transactions. We all know BB is the master at using his PS or developing UDFAs for use down the line, etc. That's not gonna cut it, Mr. Sneaky. I could show every GM in the league's transactions, too.

I am asking you to list 24+ draft picks he picked specificially to replace the All Star rosters he fielded here when winning SBs.

So, for example, Meriweather and Chung were supposed to take over as starters for more than just their rookie deals. They didn't and they're not here anymore. So, that's 2.

You have about 22 more to go.

Good luck.

Well, I said fa'S AND DRAFT PICKS.  Those transactions listed represent wasted $$$$, wasted picks and wasted FA's and a big fat waste of time resulting in little gain.  For every 10 wasted and the money involved, you think he could have picked up 1 that actually contributed something during the course of the year?  UGH

Every team has lists like that.  The fact is, BB's yields are more impressive than most GMs.

You act as if him trying to improve the team all the time is a personal affront to you.

Andre Carter, waters, Anderson didn't contribute in 2011? Crumpler and Gerard Warren in 2010?  Christ, BB reacquired Branch and dumped a problematic Moss in 2010 to save that offense Brady was leading down a bad path.

UGH is right. You're a sneak. Your premise with your buddy Mt Hurl has always been about how bad BB is as a GM with draft picks.  Now, you're attempting to move it into the FA world, which won't see you victorious there either.  It's like he needed to be perfect for you to feel good about his performance as a GM.

He gets guys on bargains who outperform their contracts and then you act all offended with the ones who don't.

Do you realize how pathetic you sound whining about Bill Belichick?  31 teams, maybe 30, would fire their coaches/GMs TOMORROW, if Kraft fired BB.

I wouldn't

Of course you wouldn't. You're a moron pretending a .500 coach like Coughlin is better than BB. Or, Jerry Reese who can't put his team in the postseason every year like BB does, are somehow better.

LMAO

if u can show me  any post i have ever posted on this board-which is now in the 7500 range with both accounts-one time i have ever said coughlin was a better coach than bellichick or reese was a better gm i would love to see it

the answer may be yes or no but i have never said anything either way

the fact that i wouldn't trade coughlin and reese has nothing to do with bill bellichick it has to do with the fact that they have won my team 2 championships and are very good at their jobs...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

The Patriots finished in the top 4 this year and top 2 last year. If they are such a failure, what does that say for the other 28 or so teams?

why do u always bring this same caveat to any and all discusions like this?

I can only speak for me but have a funny feeling I am speaking for many when i say I am responding only and in kind to rusty's agenda/obsession /sickness that he routinely bashes everyone over the head with ie: BB is the greatest of everything all time in any sport anywhere-all said in his usual obnoxious, arrogant, been banned 12 times way he always does

add to this he goes out of his way to call every other team/gm/organization inferior to the almighty pats mainly b/c bb is the all time greatest of everything in any sport anywhere-which he also expresses in his obnoxious, arrogant, been banned 12 times way of his

no one that i see has ever said the pats or bellichick aren't top drawer but thats not nearly enough for the fan who thinks bill bellichick invented the forward pass...hell runnig with the ball...hell uniforms

Me defending myself on a Pats board as a Pats fan with a sourced pieced from Kirwan is not me saying "BB invented the forward pass and is perfect". This why you're so incredibly annoying.  BB>Parcells, you can't stand it, so you join the group of Pats fans here who bash BB, because it aligns with your own, selfish agenda.

You're a moron, Gunty.  You've seen the blame that some fans put on BB, whining away, as Brady plays another crappy postseason game. They're hypocrites. Like you. Your existence here is tied to David Tyree off a wounded duck and 3 bad decisions by Brady in SB 46.

I warned of this 3 years ago where NE would be in position to win SBs for years to come and because of Brady's subpar play at 20 mil per year, people still want the blame at the feet of BB. We're still waiting on Brady and this Kirwan piece PROVES THAT.

In his opinion, the Pats are in the 3rd best position to sign FAs and have a great year again.

BB hasn't been sitting on top 10 picks for the past 5-7 years like Seattle and SF either.

u warn of a lot of things but most after the fact

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Russ, tough to say bb is the best GM in the cap era when he has himself as HC as well. The true tess would be to see if another good coach could take this roster and produce as many wins. I doubt it it could happen. That was my poInt. He wins almost inspite of his gm mess ups and does so primarily because of tb and the offense . you really don't think we would be producing 12-13 win seasons without tb and the offense with our current defense do you? I agree if falters at the most strenuous of times, but so does bb coaching as of late. 

why only look as far back as 2009? I think 2006-07 are the key beginnings of the so called rebuilding effort. We should come up with a list of FA's and draft picks from those years forward and see what the success rate is. My point is to not bash bb, but rather say we probably would have won the 2 we lost and maybe more if we had succeeded more in both fa and the draft.  We had more picks than any in those years and I think our rebuilding effort would have been complete with great success if we didn't have to continually draft various positions like cb, and hit better on FA talent in key areas like WR, safety and DT. It is curious that a large majority of the personnel blunders have been on defense ....weird

How is adding Moss and Welker in 2007 "rebuilding"? He clearly was doing that to get the older guys he knew he was going to have to say goodbye to, 1 or 2 more cracks before that happened.

Rebuilding? That was one of the oldest defenses in the NFL, and the offense wasn't young either. The entire O Line was getting up in age, including Neal, Light, etc.

The second he dealt Vrable, I knew what he was doing in 2009.  Brady's rehab probably told him Brady was going to need a year to get back to an elite level (he was correct), and I was suspicious all summer when he held onto Seymour. Then, Labor Day Weeekend, Seymour dealt for a 1st which was a fleecing basked on the weak market for that kind of a move at the time (check out what Carolian did not do with Peppers, they got NOTHING), and the transition to a youth movement was on.

He signed Wilfork, Brady and Mankins before the lockout, waited in the weeds and had his team IN THE SB last year, dude.

This whole premise of a rebuild in 2006 with Bruschi, Harrison, Samuell, Vrabel, Colvin, etc, all still here is preposterous.

I agree we should have won SB 42 and 46. In different ways, how the team played in thos e games, served up two rings for the GIants.  SB 42 and now more SB 46 is PART of this rhetoric about BB being an average GM or overrated or whatever the word of the day is.

Your buddies Hurl and Pezzy go as far to imply that it's very easy to do what any GM does in this league and that there is no cap that exists/it's very easy to get under a cap and field a SB contender simultaneously.

It's not.

Look at any team that has struggled to put together legit playoff contending teams and what's the pattern? Major and constant turnover.  BB doesn't have that here. 

I can tell before a season starts what trendy team who made splashy moves will be disappointed. In 2011, it was Philly. In 2010, it was the Jets.

Last year, it was the Buffalo Bills.

I agree we should have won SB 42 and 46

of course you do! you think the Pats are so superior to everyone else that they should go 19-0 every year and whenever they lose they beat themselves because their opponents had nothing to do with it! no team can beat the mighty pats if they play their "A" game-

LOL

Only you don't acknolwedge the Eli Manning wounded duck/eyes closed throw to Tyree as utter luck, too. It was a designed play, right?! LMAO

Sure, Gunty. A nice, designed play that was the luckiest play in NFL history in a SB.

Also, yes, I really think Brady feels his INT on 1st down in the 4th qtr of SB 46 was a swell move, as was his inaccurate throw to a WIDE OPEN Welker on 2nd down with 3 minutes left and a chance to ice it.

Those are things that were specifically drawn up by Tom Coughlin. LOL

This is why you're a loser. Most Giants fans just enjoy the fact their team escaped with wins, but not you. The Giants dominated both games, right?

no most Giants fans think we own the Pats

and most also think we should have won 46 going away, that the giants let the pats stay in it

it's a great pleasure of mine to have the account name i do because it drives pats fans like u up a tree :  )

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

The Patriots finished in the top 4 this year and top 2 last year. If they are such a failure, what does that say for the other 28 or so teams?

I can only speak for me but have a funny feeling I am speaking for many when i say I am responding only and in kind to rusty's agenda/obsession /sickness that he routinely bashes everyone over the head with ie: BB is the greatest of everything all time in any sport anywhere-all said in his usual obnoxious, arrogant, been banned 12 times way he always does

add to this he goes out of his way to call every other team/gm/organization inferior to the almighty pats mainly b/c bb is the all time greatest of everything in any sport anywhere-which he also expresses in his obnoxious, arrogant, been banned 12 times way of his

no one that i see has ever said the pats or bellichick aren't top drawer but thats not nearly enough for the fan who thinks bill bellichick invented the forward pass...hell runnig with the ball...hell uniforms

Me defending myself on a Pats board as a Pats fan with a sourced pieced from Kirwan is not me saying "BB invented the forward pass and is perfect". This why you're so incredibly annoying.  BB>Parcells, you can't stand it, so you join the group of Pats fans here who bash BB, because it aligns with your own, selfish agenda.

You're a moron, Gunty.  You've seen the blame that some fans put on BB, whining away, as Brady plays another crappy postseason game. They're hypocrites. Like you. Your existence here is tied to David Tyree off a wounded duck and 3 bad decisions by Brady in SB 46.

I warned of this 3 years ago where NE would be in position to win SBs for years to come and because of Brady's subpar play at 20 mil per year, people still want the blame at the feet of BB. We're still waiting on Brady and this Kirwan piece PROVES THAT.

In his opinion, the Pats are in the 3rd best position to sign FAs and have a great year again.

BB hasn't been sitting on top 10 picks for the past 5-7 years like Seattle and SF either.

u warn of a lot of things but most after the fact

False. Not after the fact at all. Me reminding trolls and irrationals that they lost, with my projections correct, is why these things blow up and get out of hand. They just can't admit defeat. lol

Called Jets collapse to the T, Brady's finesse offense the main problem, not the young D, Kaepernick's inexperience to cost SF a title, BB's brilliant rebuild and positioning prior to 2015 cap hike, etc.

In fact, the whole reason why I posted this was to prove what I was saying during the week about quality vets being cut who will want to play here, is because Kirwan's comments MIRRORED mine.

You just don't like what Kirwan says either, because it negatively affects your image of the Giants.

personally i dont care what Kirwan says...he could say the Giants were gonna go 19-0 and win the SB 50-0 and I would give that zero creedence too

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

What? Belichick didn't invent the forward pass? I've lost all respect for him..

I didn't respond above to anyone in particular, I know how these back-and-forth debates go, I posted it because it was true, plain and simple, not embellished like the rest.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Belichick's genius of cap management is often overlooked because he's such a great coach. Having a consistent winning organization is very difficult , it takes constant tweaking , planning, and a little bit of luck. Belichick has always had the Patriots in position to win, just like he does on the field. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Leave it you to call the youngest D in the league "crap" when they lead the NFL the last 3 years (finished first 2/3 years), cumulatively, in turnovers created, to make it easier for Brady's offense to score more points.

Yes, Lloyd "sucked". Sure. 74 catches, almost 1000 yards and 4 TDs is real awful.  Wes Welker, sucked, too!

Hey, Gronk and Hernandez also suck!  Terrible!  Taylor Price should have made it and not gotten hurt!

lmao

Bruschi went down in 2005 and the D fell apart.  In SB 38, Tyrone Poole, Harrison and Eugene Wilson went down and the D blew a lead in the SB, almost losing it, barring a gift from Jon Kasay.

The difference is, players didn't drop 1st downs, Brady didn't take Safeties or throw INTs on 1st downs, go 3 and out at an alarming rate to the point entire halves yield zero points.

NE went 6-1 without Gronk, too, dummy.  The offense didn't "fall apart" at all. Brady fell apart. Again. 2 INTs and many more poor decisions.  Even his O line he's spoiled by. Mankins or Connolly go down and BB has Thomas and McDonald or Cannon to fill in with ease. 

Pitt or the Jets lose their Center, nd their entire O Line collapses, you ungrateful toad.

And please stop brining up 2009. Brady back after missing a year and BB selling off chips to plan a rebuild is not a good argument for you. Only a deluded moron thought NE was pushing for a SB in 2009 or 2010.  If they had won in 2010, it would have been incredible starting 4 rookies on D with a clear rebuild underway.

Wake up.

The D has been a "complete failure"? How does that make sense? They won the AFC title game for Brady last year!  Covered up for his AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL game!  In SB 46, they were the whole reason why they had a chance to put the nail in the coffin on that final drive that Brady and Welker managed to screw up so well.

If Talib and Jones play in this game last month, the outcome is different.  Pull any starting LCB off a team or any pass rusher from the lineup from ANY TEAM and it would hurt.  Brady playing like crap doesn't help our team. I know you think it does, it's everyone else's falt but Brady's, but you're wrong.

Hmm. Every other fan thinks Brady is spoiled to the bejesus with what he's surrounded with, but you. Isn't that interesting.  Other fans know more about the Pats than you do.

"Continuity"?  You wouldn't know about that concept if it landed your face in the form of a Brady doll.

Brady is the main reason for the team for being competitive as it has been.  Look at the team since 2005.  No continuity,  and no depth, revolving door of recievers, RB's, TE's, and virtually the whole D minus a few players.  They are the 2nd youngest D because no body in the past 6 years has stuck, minus Fork and Mayo. They have virtually turned it over 3 times in 6 years.

That's ludicrous!

You don't think he kows he has a problem there?  How about a 4th for a half year rental?

BB needs to stick to coaching or at least hire some one that can actually evaluate DB and Reciever talent.  He obviously has a BIG problem there.

Oh, and if TB sucks so much for the past 6 years, why hasn't the master replaced him?  Nope!  Just every freaken soul around him, THREE TIMES!

A little odd that since Brady wanted to go with his preferred shotgun spread starting in 2005, that the WRs BB secures for Brady aren't good enough, generally speaking, isn't?

It's either a HOFer named Moss, a borderline HOF talent like Welker who is basically an underneath version of Steve Largent, and his binky Branch.

No one else can really be in the club or are afterthoughts.

Interesting, isn't it? HOF type player, a binky or they can't play here.

Hmm.

Brady has sucked in the postseason the last 3 years, but it would be awfully hard to upgrade. What's he supposed to do, trade for Brees?

That still doesn't put accountability on Brady, does it? Hey, we all thought Brady was infallible?  Just how many HOF passing targets do you think he needs nowadays to make him feel comfortable in January and February?  5? 6?

Yeah, I am sure you do. Your unheatlhy analysis on this topic is a joke.   All of a sudden Brady needs 5 or 6 supreme, high end passing targets at his disposal via BB at all times when Brady makes 20 million per in a cap that sat at the same number as in 2009.

Aren't you just a really smart guy, huh?

Brady needs recievers that don't lead the league in drops, yes!  Or recievers that can muster up more than a 68% pass completion in the play-offs, yes!  Flacco had 4 recievers with 100% completion in the SB and Welker and Hern had more drops than the whole Raven team combined last year!  THE WHOLE TEAM!!!

Brady needs his 2, 100MM TE's to play more than 2 games together the whole year, yup!

He also needs RB's that can score from the 1 yrd line and not fumble. YUP!

How about a KR, occasionally to the house? 

Last but not least, Brady needs a D that can get t/o's in the play-offs, stop a team at least once in the Rz, not commit stupid penalties to keep plays alive, not allow 100 passes over 20 yrds., and not limit games to 8 possessions due to their inadequacy.

Flacco had ALL that!  It's no wonder he won.

The Pats also have had, what, 6-7 QB's come thru that door in the past 6 years, none of them being any good.  Wouldn't be any need to trade, PERIOD, if one of them had panned out.  They will never replace him, not even if they pick up 70 of them, just like the DB's and recievers.  Fail!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Crusty, here are the transactions from just last year.  Do you want 6 years worth?  LOL FAIL

02/14/2013 Ron Brace - Signed to Redskins 01/28/2013 Cyhl Quarles - Signed to Bears 01/22/2013 Armond Armstead - Signed to Patriots 01/21/2013 Jeff Tarpinian - Signed to Patriots 01/21/2013 Andre Holmes - Signed to Patriots 01/21/2013 Tracy Robertson - Signed to Patriots 01/21/2013 James Develin - Signed to Patriots 01/21/2013 Jeremy Ebert - Signed to Patriots 01/19/2013 Marcus Forston - Activated from the practice squad to Patriots 01/11/2013 Jeremiah Warren - Signed to Cardinals 01/08/2013 Andre Holmes - Practice squad addition to Patriots 01/04/2013 Marcus Benard - Signed to Patriots 01/04/2013 Mike Kafka - Signed to Patriots 01/02/2013 Bret Lockett - Signed to Jets 01/02/2013 Ross Ventrone - Signed to Steelers 01/01/2013 Tracy Robertson - Practice squad addition to Patriots 12/29/2012 Malcolm Williams - Activated from the practice squad to Patriots 12/29/2012 Ron Brace - Cut from Patriots 12/29/2012 Kamar Aiken - Activated from the practice squad to Patriots 12/26/2012 Kamar Aiken - Practice squad addition to Patriots 12/26/2012 James Develin - Practice squad addition to Patriots 12/26/2012 Cyhl Quarles - Practice squad addition to Patriots 12/24/2012 Jermaine Cunningham - Suspension lifted 12/24/2012 James Develin - Cut from Patriots 12/24/2012 Kamar Aiken - Cut from Patriots 12/24/2012 Tony Logan - Practice squad deletion from Patriots 12/24/2012 Jeremiah Warren - Practice squad deletion from Patriots 12/22/2012 Kamar Aiken - Activated from the practice squad to Patriots 12/19/2012 Jarred Fayson - Practice squad addition to Saints 12/18/2012 Tommie Draheim - Practice squad addition to Jaguars 12/12/2012 Deion Branch - Signed to Patriots 12/12/2012 Dustin Waldron - Practice squad addition to Chiefs 12/12/2012 Tony Logan - Practice squad addition to Patriots 12/11/2012 Tommie Draheim - Practice squad deletion from Patriots 12/11/2012 Visanthe Shiancoe - Cut from Patriots 12/05/2012 Mitch Petrus - Acquired from waivers to Titans 12/04/2012 Tommie Draheim - Practice squad addition to Patriots 12/04/2012 Colin Miller - Practice squad addition to Patriots 12/04/2012 Mitch Petrus - Cut from Patriots 12/04/2012 Donte' Stallworth - Signed to Patriots 12/03/2012 Matt Kopa - Activated from the practice squad to Patriots 12/03/2012 Brandon Bolden - Suspension lifted 12/01/2012 Sterling Moore - Signed to Cowboys 11/28/2012 Jeremy Ebert - Practice squad addition to Patriots 11/28/2012 Jerrell Harris - Practice squad addition to Raiders 11/28/2012 James Develin - Activated from the practice squad to Patriots 11/27/2012 Derek Dennis - Practice squad addition to Bears 11/26/2012 Jermaine Cunningham - Suspended from Patriots - 4 games (NFL Policy on PEDs) 11/23/2012 Greg Salas - Signed to Eagles 11/22/2012 Greg Salas - Cut from Patriots 11/22/2012 Markus Zusevics - Activated from physically unable to perform list to Patriots 11/20/2012 Brian Hoyer - Signed to Steelers 11/20/2012 Malcolm Williams - Practice squad addition to Patriots 11/19/2012 Kamar Aiken - Practice squad addition to Patriots 11/17/2012 Malcolm Williams - Cut from Patriots 11/17/2012 Deion Branch - Cut from Patriots 11/17/2012 Jarred Fayson - Practice squad deletion from Patriots 11/17/2012 Greg Salas - Activated from the practice squad to Patriots 11/13/2012 Mitch Petrus - Signed to Patriots 11/13/2012 Jerrell Harris - Practice squad deletion from Patriots 11/13/2012 Jeff Tarpinian - Practice squad addition to Patriots 11/12/2012 Aqib Talib - Suspension lifted 11/12/2012 Jeff Tarpinian - Cut from Patriots 11/09/2012 Brandon Bolden - Suspended from Patriots - 4 games (NFL Policy on PEDs) 11/07/2012 Alex Silvestro - Practice squad addition to Ravens 11/06/2012 Jerrell Harris - Practice squad addition to Patriots 11/02/2012 Sterling Moore - Practice squad addition to Patriots 11/01/2012 Jarred Fayson - Practice squad addition to Patriots 11/01/2012 Aqib Talib - Traded from Buccaneers to Patriots - for 4th-round draft pick in 2013 10/31/2012 Sterling Moore - Cut from Patriots 10/31/2012 Derrick M

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/teams/new-england-patriots/transactions.html##ixzz2LBSJr9ot

These are mostly fringe players. I am not following along your word battle fully but are you seriously trying to insinuate there is lack of continuity because of managing the roster with fringe players or through injuries and suspensions?

Please tell me you are not. That would be a horrendous argument to make.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

lmao

Wake up.

That's ludicrous!

Pretty much agree and well put - truthfully I think Belichick is the best coach in the NFL, but no one should run around calling him the best GM when he has missed on so many players over the last five years, that it's ridicolous. You can't squander that many draft selections over the last 5 years and be called the best either.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

Crusty, here are the transactions from just last year.  Do you want 6 years worth?  LOL FAIL

02/14/2013 Ron Brace - Signed to Redskins 01/28/2013 Cyhl Quarles - Signed to Bears 01/22/2013 Armond Armstead - Signed to Patriots 01/21/2013 Jeff Tarpinian - Signed to Patriots 01/21/2013 Andre Holmes - Signed to Patriots 01/21/2013 Tracy Robertson - Signed to Patriots 01/21/2013 James Develin - Signed to Patriots 01/21/2013 Jeremy Ebert - Signed to Patriots 01/19/2013 Marcus Forston - Activated from the practice squad to Patriots 01/11/2013 Jeremiah Warren - Signed to Cardinals 01/08/2013 Andre Holmes - Practice squad addition to Patriots 01/04/2013 Marcus Benard - Signed to Patriots 01/04/2013 Mike Kafka - Signed to Patriots 01/02/2013 Bret Lockett - Signed to Jets 01/02/2013 Ross Ventrone - Signed to Steelers 01/01/2013 Tracy Robertson - Practice squad addition to Patriots 12/29/2012 Malcolm Williams - Activated from the practice squad to Patriots 12/29/2012 Ron Brace - Cut from Patriots 12/29/2012 Kamar Aiken - Activated from the practice squad to Patriots 12/26/2012 Kamar Aiken - Practice squad addition to Patriots 12/26/2012 James Develin - Practice squad addition to Patriots 12/26/2012 Cyhl Quarles - Practice squad addition to Patriots 12/24/2012 Jermaine Cunningham - Suspension lifted 12/24/2012 James Develin - Cut from Patriots 12/24/2012 Kamar Aiken - Cut from Patriots 12/24/2012 Tony Logan - Practice squad deletion from Patriots 12/24/2012 Jeremiah Warren - Practice squad deletion from Patriots 12/22/2012 Kamar Aiken - Activated from the practice squad to Patriots 12/19/2012 Jarred Fayson - Practice squad addition to Saints 12/18/2012 Tommie Draheim - Practice squad addition to Jaguars 12/12/2012 Deion Branch - Signed to Patriots 12/12/2012 Dustin Waldron - Practice squad addition to Chiefs 12/12/2012 Tony Logan - Practice squad addition to Patriots 12/11/2012 Tommie Draheim - Practice squad deletion from Patriots 12/11/2012 Visanthe Shiancoe - Cut from Patriots 12/05/2012 Mitch Petrus - Acquired from waivers to Titans 12/04/2012 Tommie Draheim - Practice squad addition to Patriots 12/04/2012 Colin Miller - Practice squad addition to Patriots 12/04/2012 Mitch Petrus - Cut from Patriots 12/04/2012 Donte' Stallworth - Signed to Patriots 12/03/2012 Matt Kopa - Activated from the practice squad to Patriots 12/03/2012 Brandon Bolden - Suspension lifted 12/01/2012 Sterling Moore - Signed to Cowboys 11/28/2012 Jeremy Ebert - Practice squad addition to Patriots 11/28/2012 Jerrell Harris - Practice squad addition to Raiders 11/28/2012 James Develin - Activated from the practice squad to Patriots 11/27/2012 Derek Dennis - Practice squad addition to Bears 11/26/2012 Jermaine Cunningham - Suspended from Patriots - 4 games (NFL Policy on PEDs) 11/23/2012 Greg Salas - Signed to Eagles 11/22/2012 Greg Salas - Cut from Patriots 11/22/2012 Markus Zusevics - Activated from physically unable to perform list to Patriots 11/20/2012 Brian Hoyer - Signed to Steelers 11/20/2012 Malcolm Williams - Practice squad addition to Patriots 11/19/2012 Kamar Aiken - Practice squad addition to Patriots 11/17/2012 Malcolm Williams - Cut from Patriots 11/17/2012 Deion Branch - Cut from Patriots 11/17/2012 Jarred Fayson - Practice squad deletion from Patriots 11/17/2012 Greg Salas - Activated from the practice squad to Patriots 11/13/2012 Mitch Petrus - Signed to Patriots 11/13/2012 Jerrell Harris - Practice squad deletion from Patriots 11/13/2012 Jeff Tarpinian - Practice squad addition to Patriots 11/12/2012 Aqib Talib - Suspension lifted 11/12/2012 Jeff Tarpinian - Cut from Patriots 11/09/2012 Brandon Bolden - Suspended from Patriots - 4 games (NFL Policy on PEDs) 11/07/2012 Alex Silvestro - Practice squad addition to Ravens 11/06/2012 Jerrell Harris - Practice squad addition to Patriots 11/02/2012 Sterling Moore - Practice squad addition to Patriots 11/01/2012 Jarred Fayson - Practice squad addition to Patriots 11/01/2012 Aqib Talib - Traded from Buccaneers to Patriots - for 4th-round draft pick in 2013 10/31/2012 Sterling Moore - Cut from Patriots 10/31/2012 Derrick M

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/teams/new-england-patriots/transactions.html##ixzz2LBSJr9ot

These are mostly fringe players. I am not following along your word battle fully but are you seriously trying to insinuate there is lack of continuity because of managing the roster with fringe players or through injuries and suspensions?

No, IQ.

That is only a partial list, from 10/31 onwards.  I posted the full list for the proceding months dating bach to the start of FA.

It clearly shows many failed aqusitions of depth players and starters that failed.  They had 13 recievers to start camp, basically to replace other failed recievers from the procedeing years and not one of them stuck.  Branch was cut 3 times and re-signed due to necessity and the 10 other recievers that failed.  They kept LLoyd but was he really the answer?  My feeling is that he will be cut, maybe this year.

The fact is, that because of poor recent drafting and FA pick-ups, there are many holes to fill.  There would be no need to put 150 guys through camp (not all fringe type) if needs had been met.  Yes, I know some are fodder but that doesn't dismiss not being able to pick up a decent reciever or a whole defensive backfield or someone (any one) that can rush a passer, in the past 6 years and not have all said players replaced the following year.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

No, IQ.

That is only a partial list, from 10/31 onwards.  I posted the full list for the proceding months dating bach to the start of FA.

It clearly shows many failed aqusitions of depth players and starters that failed.  They had 13 recievers to start camp, basically to replace other failed recievers from the procedeing years and not one of them stuck.  Branch was cut 3 times and re-signed due to necessity and the 10 other recievers that failed.  They kept LLoyd but was he really the answer?  My feeling is that he will be cut, maybe this year.

The fact is, that because of poor recent drafting and FA pick-ups, there are many holes to fill.  There would be no need to put 150 guys through camp (not all fringe type) if needs had been met.  Yes, I know some are fodder but that doesn't dismiss not being able to pick up a decent reciever or a whole defensive backfield or someone (any one) that can rush a passer, in the past 6 years and not have all said players replaced the following year.

Those receivers signed vet min deals and weren't good enough to make it out of camp!  Edelman beating out Stallworth or Gaffney is a GOOD THING, you idiot!

Lloyd had a very good year!  BB picked him up! 74 receptions, 4 TDs and almost 1000 yards ain't gaudy enough for ya, huh Pezzy?!!  I'd say that's pretty good considering he's not even in the Brady Binky Club.  You want Brady to have 5 All Pro WRs to run empty set spreads, try to hit 60 TDs and throw 70 times per game at this point, don't ya?  Yeah, you do, you sick little pink hat.

Nink can rush the passer, as can Jones and even Justiin Francis looked good in a smaller role doing it.

Liar!

Lloyd didn't do what they needed.  Teams were more than happy to let him catch his 5 yrd passes and fall out of bounds or on the ground as he caught it,  It never stopped anyone from crowding the box and that was the purpose.  His YAC was atrocious.  Also not good on a team that thrives on short passes and YAC.

Not saying he's sux but certainly not great.  Awful completion % too.

Francis?  Wow, this is the pass rusher we've been waiting for....for years,  Who else in that role hasn't been replaced yearly?   Hmm  PALEASE!   

Was that a joke? 

Poor picks & poor Fa's & Filene's bargain basement players = fail.  No doubt about it.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts