Knee brace?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

Knee brace?

Well, do you think Brady will wear a knee brace this year (ala Marino) to protect that leg? If so, do you think it will affect his ability to drop back and throw and/or scramble? I'm 'very' worried about his legs this season, as there are lots of rat b*st*d players out there that will be gunning for him to try and take him out again. :( What are your thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

Re: Knee brace?

In Response to Re: Knee brace?:
    [QUOTE]yes and yes, it's cheap protection, it won't affect his movement much TB has always been slower than death Vince could beat in a race. I worry about a rolling player after TB has released his throw and rolls/crashes into leg inadvertently  "wink wink". You said it CT..... rat basstards
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE]

Hey Harley. Doesn't it just make you sick? You know damn well that some jerk *ff will try and get away with some lame *ss hit or 'roll' to try and take him out. Ugh. I'm anxious already and training camp hasn't even started! lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

In Response to Knee brace?:
    [QUOTE]Well, do you think Brady will wear a knee brace this year (ala Marino) to protect that leg? If so, do you think it will affect his ability to drop back and throw and/or scramble? I'm 'very' worried about his legs this season, as there are lots of rat b*st*d players out there that will be gunning for him to try and take him out again. :( What are your thoughts?
    Posted by CTLadyluvsPats[/QUOTE]

No worries CTLady...remember when Bledsoe was hurt? The O-Line furiously protected Brady when he came in...taking brutal face-mask, leg-whip and cut-block penalties. What comes around goes around.  The Pat's O-line already has a nasty reputation....please, go ahead and bring out the berserk!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheSharkjeff. Show TheSharkjeff's posts

[QUOTE]Well, do you think Brady will wear a knee brace this year (ala Marino) to protect that leg? If so, do you think it will affect his ability to drop back and throw and/or scramble? I'm 'very' worried about his legs this season, as there are lots of rat b*st*d players out there that will be gunning for him to try and take him out again. :( What are your thoughts?

Im not worried about his legs at all. Brady has taken brutal shots before and has gotten up. His knee took a horrible shot and it bent in the worst possible way.

Linemen are going to roll around and try to knock Brady off his feet yes they are going to go at his leg. Its the truth and its very sad but guess what they can go hit it and elbow his knee all they want because that wont honestly damage the knee again and its just silly for them to do that.

Brady will be the same slow guy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Didn't Brady win his first Super Bowl while wearing a brace (1st half) ? He's not a mobile QB, never has been, never will be. Teams will go after him to test the knee and the brace. Standard. Nothing new there. As I stated in an earlier post I expect the Pats to run almost as much as they did in '08 (as opposed to what they did in '07). Brady should be just fine. A signifcant part of his game is making hot reads and calling plays at the line based on the defense he sees. The mental part of his game, has, I suspect not deteriorated at all. BB and Scarnechia will use decent protection schemes to insure that Brady does not get hammered on every passing play. Does the remote possibility of Brady re=injuring the knee exist ? Yes, it's collision sport and there are always injuries. If you're asking if the brace will affect Brady's play; it might in the short term (pre-season), but won't in the long term as Brady gets used to wearing the brace his play will remain at the same high level which we have grown accustom to seeing him play.

The Bigger Brace question could be: Will we see Ron Brace spell Fork at the nose ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dead54. Show Dead54's posts

[QUOTE]   I think he resembles Logan Mankins, what do you think?

If that's Mankins, then this is Matt Light....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LenDaleUSC06. Show LenDaleUSC06's posts

I forgot where I read it, but that Brady's doctor has told him to wear this knee brace for @ least 1 yr. while he plays football.  I don't believe it is all that big & he will be able to move in the pocket as he usually does & he never really leaves it anyway.  The report that Brady was to wear a knee brace was either a month or 2 ago, by his doctor & noone else b/c the Pats probably wouldn't have released even that tiny little morsel of info.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

He will wear the brace because his doctor and his training staff have all told him he must wear it but he feels like he could go without it. He said this in his last interview. Also just to add my own two cents, teh first guy who takes a cheap shot at Brady's knee's will be flaged for whatever reason the refs make up. The NFL is not ok with star player getting hurt so you better beleave Brady will ok next year. Seriously, the first guy to hit Bradt low will get flaged.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I expect him to wear one for each leg.  As strong as he may be, he may still favor the good knee.  If so, he has to be careful not put to much pressure on that knee.  A brace on that knee will stabilize him as well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]He will wear the brace because his doctor and his training staff have all told him he must wear it but he feels like he could go without it. He said this in his last interview. Also just to add my own two cents, teh first guy who takes a cheap shot at Brady's knee's will be flaged for whatever reason the refs make up. The NFL is not ok with star player getting hurt so you better beleave Brady will ok next year. Seriously, the first guy to hit Bradt low will get flaged.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]thats just it.lets say its the playoffs,or a grudge match against a rival.for the other team getting a red flag to knock brady out for the season,or most of it would be worth it to them.they need a more harsher punishment for a hit that is on purpose,and dirty.sure i beleive that football is football,and not touch football,but low blows are not right.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

[QUOTE]   I think he resembles Logan Mankins, what do you think?

H:

How about putting him at middle linebacker?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Yes mosseffect but how does the NFL know when a hit is dirty and done with intent to harm and when it is just bad luck? I mean we all think tha Pollard went low and hit Brady in order to "take him out" but how can the NFL be sure? And if they cant be sure how can they hand out harsher punishments?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]Yes mosseffect but how does the NFL know when a hit is dirty and done with intent to harm and when it is just bad luck? I mean we all think tha Pollard went low and hit Brady in order to "take him out" but how can the NFL be sure? And if they cant be sure how can they hand out harsher punishments?
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE] thats the tough part of it.the speed of the game is a lot faster then it looks on tv.but by accident,or on purpose,the results wouldnt be good.we just have to hope that brady has a safe season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Pollard had no such intent to hurt Brady.  He did not "go low".  He was already on the ground being smothered by Faulk or some other Pat RB.  He lunged at Brady because a) Brady still had the ball in his hands and b) because from the position he was in his only real option to get to brady was to lunge at him.  And while doing so, Brady kept shuffling forward (waiting for his receiver to get open).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Dogg - Pollard was on the ground because he dove to the ground to get past Morris.  You can't dive to the ground and then say, "I'm on the ground, I have no choice but to go low." 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]Pollard had no such intent to hurt Brady.  He did not "go low".  He was already on the ground being smothered by Faulk or some other Pat RB.  He lunged at Brady because a) Brady still had the ball in his hands and b) because from the position he was in his only real option to get to brady was to lunge at him.  And while doing so, Brady kept shuffling forward (waiting for his receiver to get open).
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YmbYyXabcc&feature=related

Sections
Shortcuts