KOPPEN or CONNELLY at CENTER?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

KOPPEN or CONNELLY at CENTER?

It seems like this will be one of the first and toughest calls for bb. koppen was obviously good and trusted enough to be undisputed starter at center. dan C came on and finally beat out wendell. as a young super-bowl free agent, he should be in demand and want top 5 center money. Koppen should cost a bit less but he's much older and coming off a major injury. from what i observed connelly is the equal of koppen. could we perhaps just give it to wendell since the the 4th guy (can't recall his name) we put out there was very solid in his 2 starts? HOw much $ can we really dedicate t that position with all the other needs we have? plus the cancer-beating rook we have could play there in a pinch as well. its a tough call but i personally wouldn't sign either!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Re: KOPPEN or CONNELLY at CENTER?

I say Connelly, go with the younger guy that played very solid. Koppen would be coming off a big injury. Bring him back as insurance if you can get him for a low dollar deal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Konz may be available around 21 or so and perhaps we could finagle around a bit to get him.

In the meantime Koppen but Connelly stays on my roster.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Connolly but they draft the OC of the future in either Ben Jones or Phillip Blake. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

When Koppen went down I thought this is the one guy that was replaceable on the offensive line - Connelly came in and you never could tell the difference. Connelly is younger and I'm sure cheaper (although I'm sure he'll get offers now).

I just thought Koppen had really lost too many battles against good tackles over the last couple of years and was surviving off his technique and experience.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

how about re-signing connolly for his versatility and slot him at right guard in case the older guy from KC retires. frankly i liked the unknown guy who came in as the 4th option during the season. we dont need to draft anyone at that position. OL is a strength like WR or RB. we should spill our entire draft load on linebackers, DL and perhaps a DB or 2. with offense, just sign rookie and vet free agents.. period! or make trades with restricted types.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I'm leaning towards Connolly at this point.  I've seen Koppen get pushed back into Brady a little too much over the last couple of years.  Koppen is good, solid player and great teammate...but I think he's nearing the end of his run. 

I said the same thing about Light and he came back to have an outstanding year...so take it for whatever it's worth! :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Impossible to sign both these guys. They will both want/deserve starting o-line money.

Sections
Shortcuts