KRAFT: "This team has been my savior"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

KRAFT: "This team has been my savior"

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- As part of his Friday news conference leading into the AFC Championship Game, Patriots owner Robert Kraft touched on what has made this a special season for him, the team dedicating the year to his late wife, Myra.

“The team has been my savior," he said. "[I have] my four sons and eight grandchildren, and this team has been like an extended family, and also past players."

Kraft reflected on addressing the team before the season on how much it meant to the family that players would wear a patch with Myra's initials (MHK). Myra passed away in July.

"I’m a great believer in spirituality," he said. "I pinch myself that I have the privilege of owning this franchise. It's such a great group of young men. They've been great to me, really great. Sometimes, a few of them come through and they touch the patch and say 'That one was for mama.' I hope we keep it going."

Kraft also shared his thoughts on what he described as a special chemistry between players on the 2011 team.

"I think it sort of happened midseason. You can see the chemistry in the locker room. It’ just a feeling," he said. "If you go to practice, you see the interactions, the little things, the things in the lunch room, the pranks they pull on one another, the groupings of how they interact and talk.

"I have this thing that the world is going in a direction of more and more technology, which is making everyone more efficient. But in the end, the way you sustain special relationships and winning is building relationships. That’s from interactions that you don’t program. You can school and learn, but you have to have trust and respect for one another. I think this team has it. That makes me excited. I’m also mindful that the other teams, the teams remaining, are pretty darn good. I’m just happy we’re playing at home, at Gillette Stadium, in Foxborough.”

Kraft also spoke about the Patriots' run of success since his family has owned the team.

"You think about it, our family has been privileged to own the team 18 years and this is our seventh AFC championship game, five of which have been played at home. When I go around the league and I speak to some great players, Pro Bowl players perennially, they’ve never had the privilege of playing in a playoff game where they win. I think back to when I was sitting in the seats with my boys and our season would be over at the end of December. My sons know what it was like to have the season over, and my grandchildren, I think, are a little spoiled because we had the privilege of being in the postseason a great deal. It’s a great credit to the coach, and the coaches we’ve had here and the players we’ve had here. We hope to have a lot of fun this Sunday at 3 o’clock.”

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Re: KRAFT: "This team has been my savior"

As much as BB and TB mean to the success of the Pats, Mr. Kraft is just as important. He is a leader by example, treats everyone with respect and kindness, and truely cares for the team, the coaches, players and everyone in the organization. If more companies (and our government) were run with such integrity, we would be in a better state.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

100% class which flows down to the team.  You never hear anything from former players about "bad locker rooms", selfish play or other such matters that seem to exude from other teams in this league.  Even in this post- season.. which team is talking the loudest?  The Ravens.  The Patriots go about their business and they will speak loudly from the turf at The Razor!! 
                     This one's for MHK.. GO PATS!!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In Response to Re: KRAFT: "This team has been my savior":
    100% class which flows down to the team.  You never hear anything from former players about "bad locker rooms", selfish play or other such matters that seem to exude from other teams in this league.  Even in this post- season.. which team is talking the loudest?  The Ravens.  The Patriots go about their business and they will speak loudly from the turf at The Razor!!                   This one's for MHK.. GO PATS!!!
    Posted by agcsbill

I'm thinking the classic anti Pats would be the Jets. No class owner hires no class self absorbed coach and together they bring in no class, self absorbed players. Then when their season doesn't go as their over inflated egos expect they all turn on each other. Even the Ravens aren't as bad

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Here's another point to bolster the Greatness of the best owner any where.
    http://www.nesn.com/2012/01/-robert-kraft-says-television-networks-told-him-not-to-hire-bill-belichick.html

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

There is no other owner I would want for any of my teams. Mr Kraft is a class act all the way around and we are very lucky to have an owner that has such reverence for not only the players, but the fans, and all the employees under him. Mr. Kraft is nothing but class and I hope the Pats win it with that patch on their jersey's for her and for him.

It would make me so happy watching him tear up at a camera saying this one is for you Myra. The Pats deserve to give their "mama" one last goodbye

I mentioned this in a thread a long time ago but my dad and I had season tickets about 10 rows behind Kraft. Everyone in the section knew who he was and he also loved to be surrounded by the fans asking what we'd do to fix the team if we could. It was almost a dream come true when rumors started that he bought the team. He is a true fan and will never let this team slip into the state it was in the early 90's

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

In Response to Re: KRAFT: "This team has been my savior" : I'm thinking the classic anti Pats would be the Jets. No class owner hires no class self absorbed coach and together they bring in no class, self absorbed players. Then when their season doesn't go as their over inflated egos expect they all turn on each other. Even the Ravens aren't as bad
    Posted by glenr

Which in turn generates no class fans. By and large the Jet fan is a loser, with unrealistic expectations for their joke of an organization. I am truly thankful for an owner like Robert Kraft.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

BRANCH: "Kraft knows we truly love him"
    2:43
    PM ET
    • By Steven Krasner
    FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Patriots owner Robert Kraft on Friday called his team a “savior” in helping him and his family deal with the passing of his wife, Myra, in July.

Later in the day, wide receiver Deion Branch, whose has been with the Pats for two tours of duty accounting for the majority of his 10-year NFL career, shared the players’ side of that emotional equation.

“He knows we truly love him and we’re here for him,” said Branch. “We’ll be trying to go out there (Sunday, in the AFC title game against the Ravens) and try to execute our jobs for him.

“But it’s a bigger picture than just playing the game of football. We’re thankful he gave us the opportunity to do what we’re doing,” said Branch

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

"I think it sort of happened midseason. You can see the chemistry in the locker room. It’ just a feeling," he said.

about the time big Al left maybe?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Awesome stories that have me even more foired up for the game this weekend!

Go Pats!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SouthSt. Show SouthSt's posts

Success usually does start at the top and flow down hill . . . thankfully, Jim Orthwein (rip) filled the role as a stop-gap until Bob Kraft could get his ducks in a row . . . it's been a decade of success, with more to come, that I just never saw coming, yet have enjoyed it completely . . . football was always the weak link in Boston sports, but no longer . . . and that is truly thanks to Bob Kraft and the excellent people, like coach Bill, that he has brought in to be part of the machine.

no more Zeke Mowatt's around Patriot Place

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Best Owner anytime , anywhere, any place!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I will not be surpised if that when the Colts start releasing players
    to re tool for the future that we may get one or 2 for the end of their careers
    ie Jeff Saturday? Why - cause Robert Kraft showed eveyone the better way
    and an angel is on his shoulder

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I think stuff like this makes fans in NY and many other cities hurl their lunch!  They absolutely hate "good" news stories about the Patriots organization and their players. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Here's another point to bolster the Greatness of the best owner any where. http://www.nesn.com/2012/01/-robert-kraft-says-television-networks-told-him-not-to-hire-bill-belichick.html
    Posted by pezz4pats

And there are a lot of these guys who still hate
    BB and thye have broguht in more guys who hate BB

Sometimes I think it was a cabal by a few people to get
    BB fired by way of Spygate

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

great to see that out of mr. kraft...this team is playing their arses off for him and hopefully they will have the big trophy to show for it..GO PATS!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Most owners and players probably have a ton of respect for what Kraft has accomplished both as an owner and as human being. Loved it when he called out Congress for not being able to cut a deal on the debt ceiling....I think he called them "clowns". Running for office would be step down Mr. Kraft. Heck I own stock in Kraft Foods and I am not even sure Bob  Kraft is remotely affiliated with that company.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

As much as BB and TB mean to the success of the Pats, Mr. Kraft is just as important. He is a leader by example, treats everyone with respect and kindness, and truely cares for the team, the coaches, players and everyone in the organization. If more companies (and our government) were run with such integrity, we would be in a better state.
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111

The truth

Sections
Shortcuts