Kraft can't be happy with the personnel decisions.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Kraft can't be happy with the personnel decisions.

First Leigh Bodden gets cut, now Hanesworth.  Bodden gets a cool 2million to sit on the sofa, and Hanesworth gets his 1.5 million.   I also understand Tully is still collecting a couple million.  And if Ocho doesn't show something pretty soon, you can add him to the list.

If things continue on the downward slope, Kraft will take action.  And BB will have too accept it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

Re: Kraft can't be happy with the personnel decisions.

Kraft is counting his lucky stars for each day that BB remains coach and GM.  The only thing Kraft will say to BB is Thank You.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I'll tell him how you feel that he feels.  I'm sure he wasn't aware of it.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Kraft can't be happy with the personnel decisions.:
    First Leigh Bodden gets cut, now Hanesworth.  Bodden gets a cool 2million to sit on the sofa, and Hanesworth gets his 1.5 million.   I also understand Tully is still collecting a couple million.  And if Ocho doesn't show something pretty soon, you can add him to the list. If things continue on the downward slope, Kraft will take action.  And BB will have too accept it.
    Posted by Grogan77

i only wish this were the case.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I'm pretty sure Bob understands the what's and why's of these decisions.  After all I did see a bumper sticker on Krafts car that said "In Bill I Trust!"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

They pretty much print money down there, so it's not like Kraft won't be spending Christmas on his private island this year, but this is one of the worst personnel stretches they've had since Bill has been here. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In Response to Re: Kraft can't be happy with the personnel decisions.:
    They pretty much print money down there, so it's not like Kraft won't be spending Christmas on his private island this year, but this is one of the worst personnel stretches they've had since Bill has been here. 
    Posted by mthurl

And it's cumulative. For every poor draft pick and decision, you either need to fix it the following draft/or 2-3 years later when you cut them, or hurry up and go bring in a lot of low to high priced FAs on rental. Unfortunately, both have bit BB in the backside as of late.
    The way things are now, we'll be digging out of the hole over the next 2-3 drafts just to replace talent we whiffed on in the last 6 drafts.

Still at the end of the day, I believe Kraft is money driven. The value of this franchise is very high. Nice time to sell actually.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Trying to know what's in Kraft's head is impossible. It is just as impossible for the kool-aide drinking BB apologist as it is for those who are disappointed in the downward fortunes of the team in recent years.

We do know a few things though. We know Kraft was furious about spygate. We also know just before that broke Kraft had signed BB to the highest paying coaching gig in the NFL and one of the highest in all of sports. We know that contract is up in 2 years. We know owners repeatedly say they back their coaches up and many times they are gone the next day. We know Pete Carrol made the playoffs two of his 3 years as coach but Kraft let him go.

It is likely that Kraft did not just make Brady the highest paid player in the league to either miss the playoffs or go one and out. The mighty BB may be looking for a job if he doesn't do something significant this time around. You can only live off past performance so long.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Is the season over already? You guys are a bit quick on the trigger in my opinion of course.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

Well, I think people are so negative(myself Included) because they see a trend over the past 3 years, and see no light at the end of the tunnel.  BB has to prove he's still got "IT", and he's failing miserably as of late. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Well, I think people are so negative(myself Included) because they see a trend over the past 3 years, and see no light at the end of the tunnel.  BB has to prove he's still got "IT", and he's failing miserably as of late. 
    Posted by theshinez

I just don't see the trend. Last year the team was great beating all comers but they made too many mistakes in the playoffs. This year is incomplete.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

BB still has "it", the personnel on defense don't have "it"

end of story.

BB needs to keep bringing in new talent, you guys do realize Wilfork is the only remaining starter on this defense from Superbowl 42? BB has had to replace:
    Ty Warren, Seymour, Vrabel, Bruschi, Seau, Thomas, Samuel, Hobbs, Harrison and Sanders.

So far, he has gotten us some decent replacements in Chung, Mayo, Spikes, Carter and McCourty. I would say Arrington could also go on this list as he is solid, not great or good but solid. Better the Hobbs IMO.

People expect miracles, to have to replace 10 starters is not an easy task no matter who you are.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]BB still has "it", the personnel on defense don't have "it" end of story. BB needs to keep bringing in new talent, you guys do realize Wilfork is the only remaining starter on this defense from Superbowl 42? BB has had to replace: Ty Warren, Seymour, Vrabel, Bruschi, Seau, Thomas, Samuel, Hobbs, Harrison and Sanders. So far, he has gotten us some decent replacements in Chung, Mayo, Spikes, Carter and McCourty. I would say Arrington could also go on this list as he is solid, not great or good but solid. Better the Hobbs IMO. People expect miracles, to have to replace 10 starters is not an easy

miracles, excuse me, i expect to run one of the best organizations top to bottom. whether you win year after year or not. we are not that, and someone who knows a little about what to look at and what to see, i believe will see much that is obvious, displaying that this is anything but. we have a genius coach, organizationally that's it. the rest of the whole deal (aside from the owner) is either sub par or very poor.
         if you ar a smart owner, why let the ship gfo down to mediocrity, even if you had to lose someone who got you some trophies (ie i would not get rid of bb, but is he was not cool with revamping the whole organization, then its his choice. i would try to get him to stay, but, i value the whole more than one one part. the organization and the team are more important.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

"People expect miracles, to have to replace 10 starters is not an easy task no matter who you are. "

The reason he HAD to replace these guys is becuase(excluding the ones that retired) he got RID of them all.  That is BB's fault.  So don't give him a pass becuase he hasn't found replacements.  It was BB who put us in the position to have to replace Seymour, Vrabel, Adam V, etc.
    And how long should it take to replace them?  6 years? 10 years?  Does BB just get a pass no matter what he does?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I know one thing, if we got rid of Seymour because we needed money for Logan than that was a bad move and I dont care that we got Nate Solder. Seymour could have provided leadership to this group and he still gets after the QB, not like some expensive has beens we know too much about.

Kraft is a fan who is basically paying these players so I know it will hit the fan soon if B.B. doesnt rectify this mess, and yes it is a mess.

I said I wasnt gonna be negative today so Im not going into detail but you know the deal..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

Kraft makes mistakes all the time too.  He then makes changes to correct the mistakes.  That's why over time he's wildly successful, like Belichick.

My guess is Kraft will want to know how the mistakes were made, were they avoidable, and can the team improve it's success rate with drafting and free agents.  If Belichick can answer those questions to his satsifaction, no changes will be made.  If not, then Kraft has to ask himself if Belichick needs to be replaced. 

To me that's laughable and not going to happen, but what other choice is there?  Belichick runs the football operation.  The Krafts hold him accountable but don't interfer.  When that changes, BB will no longer be the coach.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

"People expect miracles, to have to replace 10 starters is not an easy task no matter who you are. " The reason he HAD to replace these guys is becuase(excluding the ones that retired) he got RID of them all.  That is BB's fault.  So don't give him a pass becuase he hasn't found replacements.  It was BB who put us in the position to have to replace Seymour, Vrabel, Adam V, etc. And how long should it take to replace them?  6 years? 10 years?  Does BB just get a pass no matter what he does?
    Posted by theshinez

"Does BB just get a pass no matter what he does?"

for some so far. but well see. maybe bb gets over his self and changes or if this receding continues they may eventually see what is (some of them, maybe).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

As long as the Stadium is full and the fans are buying beer, then Kraft is happy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

Once BB signs someone to a 5 yeah 90 million dollar contract with 45 million guarenteed without have X-rays done on his neck maybe then Kraft would get upset, but 3 guys for under 5 mil total. not a huge deal.

I mean Hue jackson just traded the future away in teh form of 2 first round picks for carson palmer. If hes safe, then bill is in the clear.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Robert Kraft bought the Pats for $175 million, last year they were valued at $1.37 billion. Much of that 700% appreciation is due to the effort and success of BB. I'm sure Kraft understands the cost of doing business much better than all of us, and also understand how to run a business for the long haul That includes having the best manager in the business.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

To be clear, I'm not suggesting Kraft will want to fire BB.  But if the Pats fail to make the playoffs this year, I could see Kraft intervening by bringing in a real GM for a power sharing situation with regards to personnel.  BB may not go for it and want out, will see.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2011. Show mighty2011's posts

To be clear, I'm not suggesting Kraft will want to fire BB.  But if the Pats fail to make the playoffs this year, I could see Kraft intervening by bringing in a real GM for a power sharing situation with regards to personnel.  BB may not go for it and want out, will see.
    Posted by Grogan77

And we are saying that is ridiculous.  As long as Robert Kraft is alive with a functional brain, BB is the sultan of his football team.

Sections
Shortcuts