Kraft Cost Us Mankins.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Kraft Cost Us Mankins.

Don't know if anyone just heard on Sunday NFL Countdown, but apparently a Mankins deal was on the brink of being done. Kraft demanded an apology from Logan, and he got one. Then in their second meeting, Kraft demanded a public apology before the giving out the contract. Mankins was offended, and there has since been regression in talks.

Kraft... c'mon!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

Re: Kraft Cost Us Mankins.

Are you serious?! This is hilarious!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Mankins cost Mankins. Kraft didn't cost US anything. I'd make the guy apologize too if I was the boss, owner, and signer of the paychecks. We can't afford the guy anyway with Brady's new contract. 

I'll just add that Mankins will issue the apology because there is too much money for him to lose out on. I think it is pretty funny that Kraft is calling him out this way.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

he should apologize to the team oo, if he wants them to fully accept them back. Trade him to the raydas

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Kraft Cost Us Mankins.:
    Mankins cost Mankins. Kraft didn't cost US anything. I'd make the guy apologize too if I was the boss, owner, and signer of the paychecks. We can't afford the guy anyway with Brady's new contract.  I'll just add that Mankins will issue the apology because there is too much money for him to lose out on. I think it is pretty funny that Kraft is calling him out this way.
    Posted by Macrawn

I think this is funny too. Funny that Kraft's ego got put in front of the team that nothing is supposed to be placed in front of. Remember the players are told team first, team first. Leave your ego and pride at the door and do your job. Sound familiar? Bill Belichick came out of the whom saying those words.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

There's more at stake here then a simple apology. Mankins called out the Pats in the public eye and it was a pretty big statement. Any player who looks at that will take it to heart. If Mankins apologies then it's a simple heat of the moment and misunderstanding that everyone can relate to and forgive. If there is no public apology then it appears that Mankins original statement was correct and it was basically the Pats tossing a ton of money at him to shut his mouth. But without the public apology then it's a huge black mark on the Pats.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Kraft Cost Us Mankins.:
    Don't know if anyone just heard on Sunday NFL Countdown, but apparently a Mankins deal was on the brink of being done. Kraft demanded an apology from Logan, and he got one. Then in their second meeting, Kraft demanded a public apology before the giving out the contract. Mankins was offended, and there has since been regression in talks. Kraft... c'mon!
    Posted by vertigho

Cost US? He owns the freakin' team. Are you longing for the days of the Sullivans?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

In Response to Re: Kraft Cost Us Mankins. : Amen.  You call your boss a liar in public, you should apologize like a man - in public.  It was Mankins that made this a media issue, not Kraft or the Patriots
    Posted by Encinitas

I agree.  Call him a liar in public, apologize in public.  This is all on Mankins.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

Sorry, Mankins drew that out publicly, so of course he should apologize publicly.

How hard is this?

Who attacks and insults the person who signs their paycheck and acts like nothing happened?  I fully expected a personal and public acknowledgement he was wrong if Mankins was to come back.  Who does this guy think he is?

First, he rejects a great offer, then lies, then blasts Kraft, a guy who drafted him and wanted to pay him. 

What color is the sky in Mankins's world?

Mankins has been absolutely flat out wrong from front to back here.  Period.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: Kraft Cost Us Mankins. : I agree.  Call him a liar in public, apologize in public.  This is all on Mankins.
    Posted by sfpat

Not to mention doing it on ESPN

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

In Response to Re: Kraft Cost Us Mankins. : I think this is funny too. Funny that Kraft's ego got put in front of the team that nothing is supposed to be placed in front of. Remember the players are told team first, team first. Leave your ego and pride at the door and do your job. Sound familiar? Bill Belichick came out of the whom saying those words.
    Posted by mthurl

You are a flat out troll.   This proves it.  Mankins attacked the guy who signs his checks in public.

What is your opinion of the D against a team whom Tedy Bruschi picked to win this game and the SB???

Huh?

What you got today, big mouth?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

Well,

the way the Patriots are playing today,  I'm sure they would prefer he's there, but I think the Patriots will survive....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Kraft Cost Us Mankins. : Amen.  You call your boss a liar in public, you should apologize like a man - in public.  It was Mankins that made this a media issue, not Kraft or the Patriots
    Posted by Encinitas

Agree 100 percent. I like Mankins, but as you said, you rip a man's integrity in public, you man-up and apologize in public.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Kraft Cost Us Mankins. : I think this is funny too. Funny that Kraft's ego got put in front of the team that nothing is supposed to be placed in front of. Remember the players are told team first, team first. Leave your ego and pride at the door and do your job. Sound familiar? Bill Belichick came out of the whom saying those words.
    Posted by mthurl

Exactly. That's why Mankins should put his ego aside and publicly apologize. He had no problem ripping Kraft in public. For Mankins, it's about ego. 

For Kraft, his intergrity was put into question. That's something different from just his ego. Integrity, a man's personal honor and honesty, does mean something to some people. Just because Kraft is rich and successful, it doesn't mean that integrity and honesty has no meaning to him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Calling you boss a liar in public is probably not the most cerebrally coherent or prudent thing one could do no matter what your professional endeavor.

Sends an awfully poor message about your professionalism too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

R. Kraft has done to much for this team for anyone to say he cost us Mankins. The way Tom has been protected today, Mankins keep plowing his fields, don't need him!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Firstly, let's take stock of the Pat's owner, Bob Kraft.  He's a fan; a big Pat's fan- just like you and me.  Second, he buys the team; turns things around.  (He wants to win- just like you and me.)  Next, he has a hefty payroll.  ..there are rules...and stuff!

There are (complicated) issues that we don't all see...they do.  At the high level, a really good player is sitting out; higher level, the New England Patriots (and the NFL) will continue to play games.

So, when it comes time to restoring overall (i.e. business and otherwise) relationships in a way that is prosperous for all, one must ask the question: What is this the current state of this negociation accomplishing?  Of course, this delay now creates more clouds over both sides, regardless of fault.  Ergo, even if Mr. Mankins believes himself to be of a higher moral/ethical standard, he does not make that argument, given his current stance.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I don't think they wanted to sign a guard to that kind of deal so Krafty insulted him on purpose.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Yeah, he needs a public apology.  And his leverage is slipping every day.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I can not believe that anyone thinks that an apology made in private is OK. When the statement he is apologizing for was all over the media and put out there by him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Kraft Cost Us Mankins. : I agree.  Call him a liar in public, apologize in public.  This is all on Mankins.
    Posted by sfpat

Please cite the source where Mankins called Kraft a "liar." 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

I can not believe that anyone thinks that an apology made in private is OK. When the statement he is apologizing for was all over the media and put out there by him.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

What is more important, getting a private apology and getting your best OL man back or getting a public apology but no Mankins. It's the team Kraft needs to worry about.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Kraft also got us three superbowls, a new stadium, and team of the decade\dynasty honors. Man he is a loser.  NOT!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

After todays game, Mankins better start drafting that apology really quick because he will end up regretting being a stubborn mule. I would be getting on my knees to apologize if I could earn that kind of cash. 

Sections
Shortcuts