Kraft Cost Us Mankins.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Kraft Cost Us Mankins.

In Response to Re: Kraft Cost Us Mankins.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kraft Cost Us Mankins. : Please cite the source where Mankins called Kraft a "liar." 
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

Makins direct quote:

"

"After the 2008 season, me and my agent approached the Patriots about an extension and I was told that Mr. Kraft did not want to do an extension because of the [uncertain collective bargaining agreement]," Mankins said. "I was asked to play '09 out, and that they would address the contract during the uncapped year. I'm a team player, I took them at their word, and I felt I played out an undervalued contract.

"That's the big thing," he continued. "Right now, this is about principle with me and keeping your word and how you treat people. This is what I thought the foundation of the Patriots was built on. Apparently, I was wrong. Growing up, I was taught a man's word is his bond. Obviously this isn't the case with the Patriots."

"

Now he said the Patriots but everyone knows that means Kraft so please don't try to say he wasn't talking about Kraft. And last time I chcked saying that they didn't stick to their word is saying that they lied to him

http://www.daylife.com/quote/0fz0cB54zv3mn?q=Logan+Mankins

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'll tell yeah, I'm not a big fam of paying guards, but they wiffed on the kid from Penn State in the 4th round and don't have a lot there right now. The third stringer that played there today got pushed back a little too much for my liking and was getting images of the franchise taking another hit on the knee. Either find a guard that you don't have to worry about, trade and get somthing for him or just grow up and sign the guy. Public apologies are degrading. If he appologized to him, that should be good enough, no need to rub his face in it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kraft Cost Us Mankins. : ...Now he said the Patriots but everyone knows that means Kraft so please don't try to say he wasn't talking about Kraft. And last time I chcked saying that they didn't stick to their word is saying that they lied to him   http://www.daylife.com/quote/0fz0cB54zv3mn?q=Logan+Mankins    
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I know what Mankins said.  The other poster said he called Kraft a liar.  I didn't recall that, so I thought perhaps there was more to it.

The report is that they reached agreement on a deal and Mankins apologized directly to Kraft and it was all good.  Then when they were ready to sign, they asked Mankins to apologize publicly and he refused.  I don't blame him.  What purpose would that serve anybody?  Why is it necessary?  Are they trying to humiliate him, get the upper hand, what? 

I said in another post that this is reminiscent of the nonsense that used to happen with the Sullivans.  That's how I see it anyway. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsDK. Show PatsDK's posts

He publicly criticized the organisation, thereby the owners, the frontoffice and his teammates. He should give a public apology.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

I'm going to say this one last time for those that don't get it..........

Mankins is under contract to play football this season. He didn't keep up his end of the contract by not showing up for camp. He violated the terms of his contract. Mankins was going to get his money......all he had to do was follow his end of the deal.....he didn't, and now that is Kraft's fault?

How do you think contracts in all sports, especially football, get out of control? Partly due to these morons who sit out while they are under contract. You think if the NFL penalized you for 2 years with a suspension if you sat out on a contract this would happen? No, players would play per the terms on their contract.

Brady came to camp. Brady worked hard. Brady got a new deal. If you are that good of a player like Brady, which Mankins is at his position, you will get your money. Be a spoiled, whinny, cry baby like Mankins isn't the way to do it.

Blaming Bob Kraft is wrong. Mankins needs to grow up and be a man, especially when he was offered a mega deal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]I'm going to say this one last time for those that don't get it.......... Mankins is under contract to play football this season. He didn't keep up his end of the contract by not showing up for camp. He violated the terms of his contract. Mankins was going to get his money......all he had to do was follow his end of the deal.....he didn't, and now that is Kraft's fault? How do you think contracts in all sports, especially football, get out of control? Partly due to these morons who sit out while they are under contract. You think if the NFL penalized you for 2 years with a suspension if you sat out on a contract this would happen? No, players would play per the terms on their contract. Brady came to camp. Brady worked hard. Brady got a new deal. If you are that good of a player like Brady, which Mankins is at his position, you will get your money. Be a spoiled, whinny, cry baby like Mankins isn't the way to do it. Blaming Bob Kraft is wrong. Mankins needs to grow up and be a man, especially when he was offered a mega deal.
    Posted by 4Adam13[/QUOTE]
    This is true, and I even agree to a point but the fact is that one side (the owners) can throw away a contract without consequences. 

I think they should probably just make contracts guaranteed and then force the players to honor those contracts or get suspended.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]I'm going to say this one last time for those that don't get it.......... Mankins is under contract to play football this season. He didn't keep up his end of the contract by not showing up for camp. .... Be a spoiled, whinny, cry baby like Mankins isn't the way to do it. Blaming Bob Kraft is wrong. Mankins needs to grow up and be a man

We're way past that now.  Both sides apparently agreed to the terms of a new contract, so this stuff about his old conract is no longer the issue.  Now it's about whether a grown man should be made to put his tail between his legs and say he's sorry to the Man in public.  If this account is true, it's just childish on the part of the Patriots in my opinion.  What else does he have to do, write "I'm sorry Mr. Kraft" on the chalkboard 100 times?

"Now little Logan, you need to learn your manners and never talk back to your elders." 

Sorry, this is insanity.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kraft Cost Us Mankins. : This is true, and I even agree to a point but the fact is that one side (the owners) can throw away a contract without consequences.  I think they should probably just make contracts guaranteed and then force the players to honor those contracts or get suspended.  
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Shen - I agree. I don't think it is right for an owner to do it as well. Where does it end however. Take Revis....he says today that if he has two more really great years, he will hold out again. This kind of stuff has to stop.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kraft Cost Us Mankins. : We're way past that now.  Both sides apparently agreed to the terms of a new contract, so this stuff about his old conract is no longer the issue.  Now it's about whether a grown man should be made to put his tail between his legs and say he's sorry to the Man in public.  If this account is true, it's just childish on the part of the Patriots in my opinion.  What else does he have to do, write "I'm sorry Mr. Kraft" on the chalkboard 100 times? "Now little Logan, you need to learn your manners and never talk back to your elders."  Sorry, this is insanity.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but if I own a company and you, as my employee, wants to run your mouth the way Mankins has, yeah, you will either do as I ask or not work for me. Mankins can either 1) shut his cake hole and apologize while getting his millions or 2)not do as his boss asks, lose a year of NFL elgibility, the money owed to him for this season, and potentially millions of dollars with the uncertainty of the CBA.

Insane is the failure to see what the right choice is. You must be a democrat.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kraft Cost Us Mankins. : I'm sorry, but if I own a company and you, as my employee, wants to run your mouth the way Mankins has, yeah, you will either do as I ask or not work for me. Mankins can either 1) shut his cake hole and apologize while getting his millions or 2)not do as his boss asks, lose a year of NFL elgibility, the money owed to him for this season, and potentially millions of dollars with the uncertainty of the CBA. Insane is the failure to see what the right choice is. You must be a democrat.

I didn't realize Kraft was that sensitive.  Did big bad Logan make him cry?  I think we all know this business is a little different from most, don't we.  At most companies, the press doesn't solicit comments from the employees after a work day.  "Hey Bob, how'd you manage to run that drill press so well today with a stiff back?"

It's their decision who works for them. If they want to settle for a backup to protect their $50 million investment over something this petty, that's fine.  Dumb, but fine.

Chill out on the democrat talk or I'll sic Davedsone on you. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

The more Mankins talks the more convinced I am that he's retarded.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

A Hold-out is no different than a strike. When an athlete feels they are underpaid or being mistreated by the organization they take the risk of Holding out or demanding a trade.

When a worker(s) (esp part of aunion) doesn't like the way they are being payed or treated by an organization they look for anothe job (demand a trade) or take the risk of going on a strike.

The reason its a risk is because there is no gaurentee you benefit from it.

I support the players because I am an employee. Owners have the power to hire/fire. If they really like their workers they should accomodate them or prepare to go another route.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

move on.

mankins is not going to play his hear out for this team ever again. you actually do not want him in there, esle you may end up having someone on the OL doing the adthomas. i don't think i want any of that when the impact could be tb's health.

if connoly is not good enough, they have to find someone else, quick. they may need to be thinking of finding another guard anyway if neal is not 100%.

light neutralized odom, who happens to be a good rusher. but that's one good rusher. versus the jets or the ravens, the quality rush will come from all directions. you want everyone on the OL to be reliable.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

It is what it is. If Mankins has too much pride, then he will be playing elsewhere. The man got more than a fair deal. I'll tell Mr. Kraft "I'm sorry" if I really want the contract and to play in NE.

Sensitivity has nothing to do with it. Kraft runs a respected organization....one that many companies and NFL teams have modeled themselves after. He can ask for anything he wants from an employee that has been openly critical of HIS organization. Kraft brought winning to New England. I don't know how old you are, but I've been watching the Pats since the early 70's. There was a time that the one team I never thought would win anything was the PATs. Kraft changed that. Kraft changed the whole organization. And he is one of the most respected owners of any professional sports team. He has earned that respect. Mankins should have respected that before running his mouth. Mankins only has himself to blame.

Nuff said.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from konsumers. Show konsumers's posts

Kraft is the owner of the team and the signer of paychecks, if he demands an apology and you want to take his money then you apologize. Very simple

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from konsumers. Show konsumers's posts

I have to agree with an earlier post, as this Mankins saga continues I'm starting to question the mental stability of Logan Mankins.  It's either that or he has some very poor representation.  Right now I think Mankins looks like a loose cannon.  
    Your critical of the team through the media and then offended when they ask for an apology through that same media....hmmmm  this boy needs some good counsel right about now, he doesn't know whether he's coming or going.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I agree with many posters that Mankins cost Mankins!!  He bad mouthed the organization and Bob Kraft so bad, with no comments in return from the Pats, and they STILL offered him a contract!!  From what we read, the $$$ was there and all that held it up is the apology issue.  He should be a man and say I am sorry in public as quickly as he said all those things in public to begin with!  The Pats did not do this in the media, Mankins did.. Pats have nothing to apologize for.  Besides, after this game, do we think Mankins may be worried about the Pats thinking they REALLY need him??

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

The train has left the station Logan and your not on the passenger list. Bottom line. I personally don't need to see him in a Patriots uni ever again.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

[QUOTE]I'm going to say this one last time for those that don't get it.......... Mankins is under contract to play football this season. He didn't keep up his end of the contract by not showing up for camp. He violated the terms of his contract. Mankins was going to get his money......all he had to do was follow his end of the deal.....he didn't, and now that is Kraft's fault? How do you think contracts in all sports, especially football, get out of control? Partly due to these morons who sit out while they are under contract. You think if the NFL penalized you for 2 years with a suspension if you sat out on a contract this would happen? No, players would play per the terms on their contract. Brady came to camp. Brady worked hard. Brady got a new deal. If you are that good of a player like Brady, which Mankins is at his position, you will get your money. Be a spoiled, whinny, cry baby like Mankins isn't the way to do it. Blaming Bob Kraft is wrong. Mankins needs to grow up and be a man, especially when he was offered a mega deal.

MANKINS IS NOT UNDER CONTRACT.

He did not sign his tender. For him to execute his FA status in 2011, he must sign it by week 10.  But, right now, he is not under contract, so he doesn't get fined for holding out.

I agree that Kraft is not at fault here because Mankins was not lied to and Kraft did not take the situation public. Mankins did.

This is why he absolutely has to apologize in public or just issue a statement vis his agent.

This is one of the strangest individuals I have ever seen come through the NFL. He really is.

He acts like he was in need of a deal to blow past Jahri Evans, so he explosed and claimes he was lied to, and then we learn he was offered 7 mil per over 5 seasons, which is a great deal.

The 20% less aspect is apparently what made him mad.

But, wait!  It was the fact NE waited even though Brady was not signed yet.

And now, finally, he smartens  up and apologizes to Kraft, and then is offended for being asked to publicly clear the air so he can professionally retract his slander towards Kraft????

This guy is one of the weirdest people in the NFL right now. Just a total bizarre individual.

His agent is horrendous.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I can't understand how anyone can fault Kraft for wanting a PUBLIC apology after being PUBLICLY insulted by Mankins.  I mean, is that really a hard concept to understand?

Perhaps you could argue that Kraft should be the better man and swallow his pride for the benefit of the team.  HOWEVER, the fact he wanted a public apology tells me the man does have character and integrity.  He isn't about to cast aside his dignity for anything.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Speaking of cost, if our O-Line looks as good or better without Mankins (IF), does that reduce Mankins value in the eyes of other teams?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Caraway,

I think it all depends on the uncertainty of the CBA. He's not getting paid right now and depending on what happens in the off season, he won't be getting paid either. FA signings will stall until the CBA is worked out.

So I'm not sure it hurts him, I definately don't think it helps him. Plus he loses a year of elgibility.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

In Response to Kraft Cost Us Mankins.:
    [QUOTE]Don't know if anyone just heard on Sunday NFL Countdown, but apparently a Mankins deal was on the brink of being done. Kraft demanded an apology from Logan, and he got one. Then in their second meeting, Kraft demanded a public apology before the giving out the contract. Mankins was offended, and there has since been regression in talks. Kraft... c'mon!
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

Kraft just cost you Mankins? Hmm, last time I read Kraft owns the Patriot team, and your name is?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

This is a perfect example of why one should never ever take contract talks to the media.  It's a highly emotional time for the player and once the media smells blood in the water that's it.  The player may say some things that he'll live to regret.  A good lesson on why the Pats like to keep these things in house.

On the apology front I can see both sides of the story here.  The only thing is none of this would have been a debate if it weren't for the fact that Mankins through the organization under the bus.  Therefore, Mankins carries the blame on this. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

[QUOTE]This is a perfect example of why one should never ever take contract talks to the media.  It's a highly emotional time for the player and once the media smells blood in the water that's it.  The player may say some things that he'll live to regret.  A good lesson on why the Pats like to keep these things in house. On the apology front I can see both sides of the story here.  The only thing is none of this would have been a debate if it weren't for the fact that Mankins through the organization under the bus.  Therefore, Mankins carries the blame on this. 
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]
    Garytx, you could not be more right! In any high stakes contract, that contract is the pact between you and yoru boss, period.  When you try to force your boss to pay you higher or you will hold out in my opinion is a breach of the contract you already have in place. These football players and many Pro Athletes think they are all mighty, sorry Pro people your just another number like any poor working slob. Brady hit the nail on the head when he said ALL NFL players are overpaid, thanks to the Fan wanting to watch and pay.

This man is a fool because a contarct hold out is nothing more than an extortion attempt at any level, point being you are using yourself to pressure your boss into paying you more or you will hold out on the contract already in place. Mankins in all respects should be let go, traded, or anything that will benifit the team, Moss has now just signed his doom, thus saying he knows he wont be her enext year due to the fact he just pulled what Mankins and AD pulled. Get rid of the poision and good ridance.

Sections
Shortcuts