Kraft Cost Us Mankins.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Kraft Cost Us Mankins.

First off, this report was not confirmed by the key parties involved. And even if true, it's not clear Kraft was the reason for the standoff from what I have seen. It seems Mankins apologized to Kraft(s) but someone else in the org wanted a public apology. Not sure if true, but we're all passing judgement on a he said/she said situation at best right now. 

Which brings us to this: "Remember the players are told team first, team first. Leave your ego and pride at the door and do your job. "

Exactly. And the other stupid reference by another poster to Bob Kraft being a baby who needs an apology.

The issue here is insubordination within the football side of the operation. Asking for a public apology on this is consistent with what the Pats require out of their team concept. No one should be surprised they if indeed they are requiring that. Basically this is a gut check for Mankins: do you buy into the team fully or do you get to go off the reservation whenever you want. The Pats will gain more leverage on Mankins with every passing game they are successful. 

So don't be surprised if we get clarity on this situation the week after the Jets game. If the Pats get their tails kicked by the Jets pass rush, that gives Mankins leverage. If they punish the Jets and hold up ok, then Mankins' leverage will go down that much further. 

Either way, this is a fluid situation, no bridge has been fully burned yet. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Thanks Jerry.

Can you imagine the stress going on between Mankins and his agent right now?  I believe these guys will part ways soon.  The agent completely over played his clients hand.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

The whole thing sounds so juvenile.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

I can only comment based on what I have read.  I agree that Mankins should apologize publicly except -

You don't ask a guy to apologize, allow him to do it.  Walk away.  come back a few days later and say - Actually, I'd like you to grovel a little more before I give you this shiny new toy - Now I want you to apologize publicly. 

If Mankins did that, who is to know what would be the next request?

Fool me once - shame on you - fool me twice - shame on me. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Kraft Cost Us Mankins.:
    [QUOTE]I can only comment based on what I have read.  I agree that Mankins should apologize publicly except - You don't ask a guy to apologize, allow him to do it.  Walk away.  come back a few days later and say - Actually, I'd like you to grovel a little more before I give you this shiny new toy - Now I want you to apologize publicly.  If Mankins did that, who is to know what would be the next request? Fool me once - shame on you - fool me twice - shame on me. 
    Posted by Indylove[/QUOTE]

Once again we're only getting one side of the story here and it's always Mankins' camp doing the talking.

My Best Guess- Kraft said, "We'll get it done but we want you to issue an apology"
    Mankiins Said, "Fine, I'm sorry Daddy Kraft and Myra is looking pretty hot today".

Kraft said- "No, I want a public apology, you ripped me in the media and I want you to apologize to the media.

Mankins Said- " Do they sell chew or snuff over at Patriot place?"

And walked out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dumboni. Show Dumboni's posts

Don't believe everything you read or hear on NFL pregame shows.  Just last week Peter King reported a scoop that Brady was signing for $19 Million a year.  He was off by a million.

Nobody will ever convince me that a Mankins deal didn't happen because of stubborness over apologies.  This is business - that's all.

It's just like Randy Moss not feeling loved.  He measures love in Benjamins - that's all that ever matters - despite what Mo Vaughn said.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kraft Cost Us Mankins. : I know what Mankins said.  The other poster said he called Kraft a liar.  I didn't recall that, so I thought perhaps there was more to it. The report is that they reached agreement on a deal and Mankins apologized directly to Kraft and it was all good.  Then when they were ready to sign, they asked Mankins to apologize publicly and he refused.  I don't blame him.  What purpose would that serve anybody?  Why is it necessary?  Are they trying to humiliate him, get the upper hand, what?  I said in another post that this is reminiscent of the nonsense that used to happen with the Sullivans.  That's how I see it anyway. 
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

Try this out - go to your team meeting or company wide meeting and tell everybody that your boss does not keep his word and that you are hurt. Try to then apologize to him in private and see if that works ! 

Good luck !

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Didn't miss him yesterday

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

Mankins is a pr*ck......he can kiss my a-whole.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Kraft Cost Us Mankins.:
    [QUOTE]Don't know if anyone just heard on Sunday NFL Countdown, but apparently a Mankins deal was on the brink of being done. Kraft demanded an apology from Logan, and he got one. Then in their second meeting, Kraft demanded a public apology before the giving out the contract. Mankins was offended, and there has since been regression in talks. Kraft... c'mon!
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

Child Please! Oh it was on TV so it must be real??? Kraft is a businessman cutting billion $ deals weekly and you believe he is this silly cause TV said it...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Speaking as a CEO who has been publicly (and wrongly) accused of lying to an employee there is NOTHING acceptable about a private apology for a publicly committed act. 

Mankins went public with his allegation and public is where he should go with his apology.  I wouldn't accept anything less and neither should Robert Kraft.  This has NOTHING to do with football and everything to do with being a responsible human being.

My 2 cents.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

Agreed. Mankins lives in some very strange, remote No. California bizarro world.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]Speaking as a CEO who has been publicly (and wrongly) accused of lying to an employee there is NOTHING acceptable about a private apology for a publicly committed act.  Mankins went public with his allegation and public is where he should go with his apology.  I wouldn't accept anything less and neither should Robert Kraft.  This has NOTHING to do with football and everything to do with being a responsible human being. My 2 cents.
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

Much different in a business arena where the name calling and accusations have a greater impact. You need to keep you good name clear.

In a sporting venue this is to be expected. Every year we have a player crowing about the abuse of the team owner. If you do not have a thick skin you are in the wrong game.

Employees have the right to talk about their bosses and bosses have the right to fire their employees, it all works out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hess--Jets. Show Hess--Jets's posts

Boy OH Boy does this Kraft guy have you people snowballed or what!?

Most fans would side with the player in a situation like this but you people side with Kraft!?
    Kraft straight up lied to the guy and the guy called him out on it.Now he wants Mankins to publicly apologize!?That's joke and I'm glad that Mankins was a man about it and stuck to his guns.

Start saying your prayers gang...it's New York Jets week and you'll need all the help that you can get!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tampabostonfan. Show tampabostonfan's posts

I just have a hard time believing this as it is being told right now.  I just can't think that the Patriots would have a deal in place, a private apology, and then come back 90 minutes later and say "You know what, we want a public apology as well or there is no contract".  It just doesn't make any kind of sense. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Kraft shot all this BS down this morning, didn't happen

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2010/09/robert_kraft_we.html

Tell me Robert Kraft isn't the personification of class?  Places it all in perspective and reminds us all once again that just because someone reports it doesn't mean it's so.

And, oh yes, for the record, I aboslutely believe Kraft.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotway. Show Patriotway's posts

I agree with the original poster. If the report is true, Kraft is at fault. He should be a wise enough businessman to understand that this IS business and if Kraft's ego is soo big that he can't let go of things for business sake even after getting an apology from Mankins, then shame on him. Why does he feel the need to publicly humiliate Mankins? It's bad business and it surprises me that Kraft would stoop to that level, if it is true, that is.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbtrick. Show bbtrick's posts

Not to seem like one of those conspiracy nuts (because there was noone on the grassy knoll, bigfoot does not exist, 911 was perpetrated by terrorists not the US Gov, and there was no UFO at rozwell), but this seems to be a bit of a redoux of the garbage reports that came out just before the Patriots superbowl.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

[QUOTE]The more Mankins talks the more convinced I am that he's retarded.
    Posted by pats-fan-2007[/QUOTE]

Logan will be going to Logan Airport soon...out-of-here!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

More lies from the NY press again. Isn't there any sanctioning body that overlooks what & how reporters do their jobs? The line between scandal rags & "legitamate" reporters keeps getting narrower.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

More fiction from ESPN

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

Anyone siding with Mankins is either 12 or works at 7-11 as an adult.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Kraft just disputed these reports and said Adam Sheifter is lying or has been lied to because he has never been involved in a contract dispute. And i trust Kraft a heck of a lot more then some ESPN wh*re trying to crack a story. And even if it was true I think Kraft had every right in the world to say hey since you clearly think what you said was wrong since you have already said sorry for it how about you say it so that all the fans you brought into this can also know that you mis spoke. But since Kraft is saying this never happened it is a moot point. Have fun over reacting.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Yes. He also stated something that I was not aware of, that the ownership does not have a thing to do with the negotiations but only blesses the deals. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]ESPN is a tabloid and anyone who works for them can not be trusted. Mike Reiss and Adam Sheifter lost all credibility when they took that job. I 100% believe Kraft.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]
    I started a post yesterday when the news broke thinking Schefter was completely credible. Oops.

Sections
Shortcuts