Kraft - get Mankin on roster NOW

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALBrod2. Show ALBrod2's posts

Kraft - get Mankin on roster NOW

Nick Caserio is telling reporters that the Pats are looking under every leaf across the country for players which might improve their roster.  REALLY ??  I've got a better idea; how about looking in your own back yard.  Could there possibly be a better addition to this year's roster than Logan Mankins?  Resolving the Pats/Mankins disagreement seems to be a big deal.  I don't see it.  Looks to me like a typical father/child situation which happens over & over.  It's up to the father(the Pats) to initiate resolution of such circumstances because he has all the power; the child(mankins) has none. Hasn't Logan been standing in the corner long enough? It's time for the Pats to begin acting like the adult. I think that  Mr Kraft should initiate the effort.  If Mr Belicheck doesn't appreciate the involvement, deal with it; you are really his father.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Kraft - get Mankin on roster NOW

No way. If reports are true then Mankins was offered a very, very fair deal but his agent has talked him into wanting ridiculous money. The Patriots have lived up to their end of the bargain by a) offering a deal when they haven't even offered one to Brady and b) putting him in the top 5-7 for guards (I think but I could be wrong). I'm not sure what else Mankins wants here.

I want him in camp too because our line looks shaky without him and much more formidable with him in there. We still have plenty of time so I wouldn't close the door on this. The question is: is Mankins willing to sit out the entire season and lose all earnings while also risk sitting out the entire next year with a possible labor dispute?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

We don't "NEED" anyone. We're the New England Patriots, not the Mankins wagon. 

When the 300 pound baby decides to act like a man, he'll get treated like one. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Given all of the reports that have spoken to what Kraft offered to Mankins I think the next move is Mankins' to make. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Kraft - get Mankin on roster NOW:
    [QUOTE]Nick Caserio is telling reporters that the Pats are looking under every leaf across the country for players which might improve their roster.  REALLY ??  I've got a better idea; how about looking in your own back yard.  Could there possibly be a better addition to this year's roster than Logan Mankins?  Resolving the Pats/Mankins disagreement seems to be a big deal.  I don't see it.  Looks to me like a typical father/child situation which happens over & over.  It's up to the father(the Pats) to initiate resolution of such circumstances because he has all the power; the child(mankins) has none. Hasn't Logan been standing in the corner long enough? It's time for the Pats to begin acting like the adult. I think that  Mr Kraft should initiate the effort.  If Mr Belicheck doesn't appreciate the involvement, deal with it; you are really his father.
    Posted by ALBrod2[/QUOTE]

So the father should give in to his child and let him have whatever he wants....Sounds like great parenting.

Please insert "Do not feed the trolls" picture here!!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

they offered 7mil a year what the he11 does he want. If Mankins thinks he's so great have him watch Super bowl 42 and see what the Giant Dline did to him and the rest of his oline buddies.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]Nick Caserio is telling reporters that the Pats are looking under every leaf across the country for players which might improve their roster.  REALLY ??  I've got a better idea; how about looking in your own back yard.  Could there possibly be a better addition to this year's roster than Logan Mankins?  Resolving the Pats/Mankins disagreement seems to be a big deal.  I don't see it.  Looks to me like a typical father/child situation which happens over & over.  It's up to the father(the Pats) to initiate resolution of such circumstances because he has all the power; the child(mankins) has none. Hasn't Logan been standing in the corner long enough? It's time for the Pats to begin acting like the adult. I think that  Mr Kraft should initiate the effort.  If Mr Belicheck doesn't appreciate the involvement, deal with it; you are really his father.

Ok Albert! We all agree with you that you think  BB and the Pats have no clue what they are doing. We also agree that it is just so hateful for you to have to cover them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Well Mankins made his bed.  That's for sure. 

all of you can suggest that the offer was fair but NO ONE but the parties involved know whether or not it was because they are the only ones that know the structure.  The fact that nothing is signed means either a) Mankins didn't think it was fair b) it doesn't matter what was offered since Mankins thinks they renegged (btw-does anyone know if the offer was made before or after Mankins went public?)  c) both.

Seems to me that the pats o line is one in decline without Mankins and with the exception of Vollmer. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

The pats o line was in decline WITH him.  so, spending alot of money to keep what we had doesn't make a bucketload of sense.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

I guess from all of the discussions, I must have just misunderstood what people were saying here. 

Over this offseason, I defended the pats oline but there are some other very conspicuous posters here who said Brady got killed all season eventhough the stats did not reflect that. 

People seem to have some faith in Neal, but he is hurt often.  people like Vollmer, but is he ready?  no one seems to like Kaczur.  Don't know the feelings about the center, but that left Mankins who everyone raved about until this little episode. 

So maybe I am wrong.  At any rate, don't you think the pats are trying to figure out how to trade him?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Plus, Underdoggggg, its not about decline.  Its about stale offensive playcalling in general and bad execution.  Mankins was a good, solid part of the puzzle.  The whole puzzle looked fuzzy last year.  I expect this year we will be pounding your silly teams tired @ss once again.  I know you don't agree.  But you are wrong.  As poor as we played last year, we STILL came one 4th and 2 from beating you.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Your an idiot! Period!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

No thank you.  A guard is slightly above long snapper in the football food chain.  He was offered a very fair contract so screw him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Kraft - get Mankin on roster NOW:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kraft - get Mankin on roster NOW : Dear Dummy, The "structure" was 6.5 over 4 years.  It was a balanced contract. No gimmicks or  lack of guarantees. They were mad it was 20% less than Evans's deal. For some reason, his agent and apparently Mankins feels he is the best in the league AND that contract of Evans's represents the market.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]
    6.5 per over 4?  Well that is very different than the info that came from the Pats that was 7 per over 5. 

First of all - signing bonuses matter because they are what are guaranteed.  Contracts in the NFL generally are not.  If there is no signing bonus then effectively the pats could cut him after year one which according to your information means he would get paid only 6.5. 

Compared to the Evans contract the pats offer was not even close to 20% under Evans except in per year comp.  

-  1st year - Evans will be paid 19 mill.  According to you Mankins 6.5 - That's 34% of Evans first year. 
    -  Years - Evans 7, Mankins 4 - that's 57% of Evans
    -  Total comp (which is not guaranteed) Evans 57 Mankins 26  - Thats 46% of Evans. 
    -  Per year avg comp Evans 8.1 Mankins 6.5 - 80% of Evans

According to you essentially what the pats have done is say we won't give you the years, we won't give you a signing bonus, and the contract will be comparatively back loaded (so that we can cut you and not pay you if we want).  So, thank you for being a team player and accepting our wish to hold off on a contract for a year.  We are not going to give you market value.  

Really, the pats have no one to blame but themselves.  The market is what it is and is set by all teams in the league.  The pats asked for Mankins to wait and in doing so, got stuck by the Saints big offer to Evans.  It likely upped what Mankins thought he could get and deserved.  Had the pats done the deal a year before, it would have been Mankins kicking himself, and the pats would have been happy.  But they wanted to wait.  And Mankins, understandably, probably thought I gave, now its the pats turn. 

I think the days of the hometown discounts for the pats are over.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

[QUOTE]"People seem to have some faith in Neal, but he is hurt often." _ Underdogg Says the man with Bob Sanders on his team....need I say more? " people like Vollmer, but is he ready?" - Underdogg I dont know, why dont you ask Dwight Freeney he should know if he is ready considering Vollmer pushed Freeney around like a little girl last year when they played. "So maybe I am wrong.  At any rate, don't you think the pats are trying to figure out how to trade him?" - Dogg Well considering that there has been no news of trade talks what so ever so the answer is no i dont think they are trying to trade him. But maybe if you make something else up someone will buy it.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]
    Tas - I don't get this.  Yeah Sanders has been hurt - what does that have to do with Neal?
    Like I said, you guys are high on Vollmer, and maybe he won't need help from the guard this year.
    I don't know if there is a trade, but do you really think the pats will sign him?  Do you think Kraft will swallow his pride and sign a guy who he essentially said lacked integrity?  If not, the alternatives are trade him or allow him to stay away until the 10th game at which time he comes back, does not lose a year, and becomes a free agent next year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]What they gave Mankins was a fair deal, f*ck what the market thinks, it was fair and he should have signed it and he didnt and he is a b*tch. You clearly would agree with him since you root for a team full of b*tch a ss m*therf*ckers.

Don't hold back, killa.  Tell us what you really think.

Cool

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Kraft - get Mankin on roster NOW : So the father should give in to his child and let him have whatever he wants....Sounds like great parenting. Please insert "Do not feed the trolls" picture here!!!
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Mighty's never around when you need him. =D

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Kraft - get Mankin on roster NOW : Umm, they offered him 6.5 mil per for 4 years. He recjected it. This was a compliment because BB never pays for Guards. I disagree completely. That is a top 5 market offer and VERY generous. Mankins is out of line and has no leverage here. Make him sleep in his bed. Do not cave to belligerents and people thagt have no clue what market value means. Calling out the owner as a way to rock the board was also not a wise move.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

Umm, Russ...I really think that you're wrong.  New England's Front Office reported to The Boston Globe and Mike Reiss, And said that Logan Mankin's Contract Offer was "roughly" for 5 Years and around 7 Million per year.  I know that these terms give rise to ambiguity...YET-THEN, Upon Boston Globe carrying these figures, New England's Front Office issued ANOTHER report, This time to Al Breer @ The Boston Herald, and sad that Mankin's Offer was closer to 7.1 mil for a 5 Year contract.

The only, and I mean ONLY link I could find that said it was 6.5 mil per year, wassome random link I never heard of, that gave proof of their figure number to ANOTHER link...

Just Google some of this Russ, And tell Me what MORE Sources and BETTER Sources ar saying:  7-7.1 mil over 5 years OR 6.5 mil over 5 years...? 
    Below is a decent breakdown of the numbers with who said what, etc..:

"Logan Mankins announced today that he has not intention of signing his restricted free agent tender with the Patriots.  Mike Reiss of ESPN Boston, one of the best Patriots beat writers out there, first reported Mankins’ opinions on the matters.  When I first read Mike’s tweets on the matter, I was disappointed in the Patriots.  As Mike pointed out recently, not re-signing Mankins would undo much of the locker room chemistry created by the re-signing of our homegrown players like Wilfork, Banta-Cain, and even Bodden.  But when Mike added in his report that Mankins’ agent reported a deal that was 20% less than OG Jahri Evans of the Saints, I was angry.  Evans is considered an elite guard in the NFL, but many believe he was overpaid with his new seven-yeard $56.7 million deal.  Mankins is great, but I do not know if he is premier.  If he is premier or almost premier like Evans, he cannot expect the Patriots to pay him top dollar.  That’s not the way you run a team, especially with someone as important as Brady who needs to be taken care as well.

So let’s analyze the numbers a bit.  Evans’ deal is $56.7 million over seven years which equates to roughly $8.1 million per year.   That surpasses Alan Faneca’s five-year $40 million deal for most expensive for an offensive guard.  Faneca’s deal contained an average of $8 million per year, slightly less than Evans’ new deal one year later.  From what I understand, Mankins is not in the elite company of Faneca (in his prime) and Evans.  So he should expect less than both Faneca and Evans.  Even if he is considered elite, he is not going to set a new market for offensive guards.  He would get around $8 million per year in line with Evans’ new deal.  The Patriots, as we all know, do not pay full freight for players even though of late they have strayed in that direction (ie: Wilfork’s contract).  Even Wilfork took a paycut from Haynesworth-type money.  Brady did the same a few years ago by taking roughly market to below market value for his services to give the team some future financial flexibility.  According to numbers referenced by Mankins’ own agent and the Boston Globe, the offer on the table from the Patriots is a pretty fair one.

Mankins’ agent said that the value of the Patriots contract offer to his client is 20% less than that of Evans’.  That would mean roughly $45 million dollars, which is between the value given to Evans and Faneca.  The Globe reported that the deal was roughly five years at $7 million per year.  That equates to a $35 million deal, which is not nearly as much as Evans’ contract but if you add two years at $7 million per Mankins would have $49 million.  That’s only $7 million less than Evans’ deal and only $1 million difference per year.  If Mankins is intending to get paid not only for future services but for what he appears to see as an undervalued contract that he played under, then he is crazy.  This deal seems like a fair one that should not be as far off the mark as Mankins and his agent make it out to be.

Mike Reiss of ESPN Boston posted what he thought would be a fair deal for the two sides.  He said $48.2 million over six years which results in $8 million per year.  But the total value is only $3 million more than the Patriots offer, possibly $10 million depending on the numbers.  Regardless, there seems to be room for the two to compromise and make a deal.  Sadly Mankins has made it clear he wants nothing to do with the entire process anymore.  That is not fair to his teammates who have put the team before their own monetary interests at times or the front office which I am sure has worked hard to try and appease Mankins’ desires."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Sorry guys, I dropped the ball on this one:

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from swheeler23. Show swheeler23's posts

Kraft is not giving Brady a new contract because they know the o-line without Mankins will get him killed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

[QUOTE]You would think that since your team gibes its players what ever they want whenever they want it. Has your team ever paid a guy less then market value? Im sorry but the market is not always right, teams over pay and if your team wants to be a slave to the market just because some idiot GM in Saints land gave their OG FAR TOO MUCH money then you go right ahead but i am always happy to hear the Pats are not willing to be a slave to the market. What they gave Mankins was a fair deal, f*ck what the market thinks, it was fair and he should have signed it and he didnt and he is a b*tch. You clearly would agree with him since you root for a team full of b*tch a ss m*therf*ckers.

Based on what Mankins thinks its not.  If I understood Rusty right (and maybe I didn't) there wasn't a guarantee or signing bonus.  I'll tell you this.  If that is right, then the contract was good enough to wipe your as* with.  guarantees (typically in the form of a signing bonus) are the only way these guys KNOW what they are getting.  In the absence of them, the offer is worth the paper it is printed on. 

and you forgot the first phrase of your description of the colts they are BAD Pats a*s kickin b a m f's, but BMF would suffice.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Laz - come on.  You can't call out russ - He's on the insiiiiiiiiiiide.  You will have excuse him now while he loads another.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]Laz - come on.  You can't call out russ - He's on the insiiiiiiiiiiide.  You will have excuse him now while he loads another.
    Posted by underdoggggg[/QUOTE]

Let this be a warning to ALL:

If'ya speak the wrong words man then ya will get touched
    Put your whole post-count against 1 from my team and
    I guarantee it'll be your ideas last time breathin'
    your simple facts just don't move me
    they're minor, I'm major
    Half y'all up in the game and don't deserve to be true playa's
    don't make me have to call your name out
    Some crews is featherweight
    my realness'll make you levitate

~Seriously though, I could be wrong as well, But THAT doesn't change the fact that dogg once told me that I gots Kwan.  Now, I don't know what the he!! that really means, but I think its a compliment.  Well, either that OR It's the guy Captain Kirk battled in one'a those mid-1980's Star Trek Movies...  You all know the guy I'm talkin about.  Thick black eyebrows coupled with a whitish-blonde super hair-mullet goin down his back.  Yea, He was the one who found 2 Star Trek good-guys in his shack on some red planet, And he forced those 2 to put on their space helmets with some insane worm-centipede with talens, that eventually go inside each of the guy's ear(s) (thus=brainwashing them).  You know, Kwan? ...seriously, hope ta he!! thats not what dogg was comparin me to.