Kraft hints at more moves coming as a result of Brady's restructure

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Kraft hints at more moves coming as a result of Brady's restructure

In Response to Re: Kraft hints at more moves coming as a result of Brady's restructure:
    In Response to Re: Kraft hints at more moves coming as a result of Brady's restructure : Yeah.  Facing Mario Williams twice a year now makes it even more difficult to keep TB clean.
    Posted by nyjoseph

So does throwing the ball over 600 attempts in a season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Assuming the worst; Light retires, so does Waters, Mankin's starts the season on the IR...  

Solder and Vollmer at tackle, Gallery and Cannon at guard and Connelly at canter has to be the biggest offensive line in the league?  

Any stat hounds want to check on that? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Light is 8 million.  That's a cool, clean 15 million bucks freed up. Hmmm.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: Kraft hints at more moves coming as a result of Brady's restructure:
    In Response to Re: Kraft hints at more moves coming as a result of Brady's restructure : So does throwing the ball over 600 attempts in a season.
    Posted by TrueChamp

lol!!

They walk into the same wall over and over.  Good one, dude.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

"I think we're blessed to have the number one quarterback in the NFL," Kraft said of Brady. I guess Bob doesn't agree with Rusty on this.
    Posted by BabeParilli

What's he suppsoed to say? "Second best"?

I am sure Kraft gave out high fives when Brady threw his INT in the SB or threw high to a wide open midget named Wes Welker, too, dribbly.  lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In Response to Re: Kraft hints at more moves coming as a result of Brady's restructure : What's he suppsoed to say? "Second best"? I am sure Kraft gave out high fives when Brady threw his INT in the SB or threw high to a wide open midget named Wes Welker, too, dribbly.  lol
    Posted by BassFishing

Can't believe that you've sunk to the level of criticizing both Welker and Brady... sheesh! A 'midget' -- I thought you were smart, Rusty. It appears as if you just misused a word, or you sunk to the level of using it as a childish insult. I'd like to see you call Welker a 'midget' to his face.

That was a ball that was thrown based on the coverage. Had Brady thrown the ball to Welker in stride, it could have been picked off or Welker would have been hung out to dry. Brady threw the ball to both allow his receiver to catch it and to protect his receiver. It hit Welker in the middle of both of his hands, and his arms weren't fully extended. Was he jumping and in a somewhat awkward position? Sure -- but that's a catch that we've seen many a receiver make. As an NFL receiver you're expected to catch that pass.

Given that Brady didn't take blame for that pass after the game, and given that Welker did, should tell you all you need to know. The throw was perfectly fine, and Welker blew that play. Not blaming him for the loss, but on that particular miscue, Welker was at fault.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Kraft hints at more moves coming as a result of Brady's restructure : What's he suppsoed to say? "Second best"? I am sure Kraft gave out high fives when Brady threw his INT in the SB or threw high to a wide open midget named Wes Welker, too, dribbly.  lol
    Posted by BassFishing

He could have just said what a great team guy Tom is. There was no need whatsoever for him to say he is the best QB in the NFL. Apparently Bob is just not the Brady basher you are dopey.

I doubt Bob was dismayed by Brady hitting Welker on both hands with a key pass late that probably would have assured a win. The dropping of the pass might have left him crestfallen though.

I also doubt Kraft was throwing high 5s around when he watched his D blow yet another Lombardi trophy in the last couple minutes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Kraft hints at more moves coming as a result of Brady's restructure : Well, yes. But given how well he played last season, I almost think I'd rather NE just kept Light instead of the savings. 
    Posted by zbellino

Light has gotten much better in his later years. He was quite overrated when he was younger.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Kraft hints at more moves coming as a result of Brady's restructure : So does throwing the ball over 600 attempts in a season.
    Posted by TrueChamp

TrueChump = one track mind.

Don't fret. BB is going to latch on to your brilliant reasoning any day now. But I'm afraid it's too late to save the "give it to Benny" part of your master plan. LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In Response to Re: Kraft hints at more moves coming as a result of Brady's restructure : You're such a whiny, little girl.  Are you seriously a female?  Welker is short. I am sorry I offended you by using the word midget. Hey, maybe you're a midget female and are offended.  lol Give yourself a rest, would you? All you do is follow me around the board.  Learn to contribute to the board, instead of analyzing and whining about my opinion or word choices. Ugh. Insufferable person, you are.
    Posted by BassFishing

If you were as smart as you claim to be, you would realize that Welker is far from a midget. He's 5'9" -- about as tall as an average human male. If you were as mature as you claim to be, you wouldn't use the word 'midget' as a childish insult. Just calling you on a premise that you stated.

And you've now revealed that you're sexist. 

Must I say it again...?

If you were as smart and mature as you claim to be, you wouldn't go around using childish terms as insults and making sexist remarks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In Response to Re: Kraft hints at more moves coming as a result of Brady's restructure : You're such a whiny, little girl.  Are you seriously a female?  Welker is short. I am sorry I offended you by using the word midget. Hey, maybe you're a midget female and are offended.  lol Give yourself a rest, would you? All you do is follow me around the board.  Learn to contribute to the board, instead of analyzing and whining about my opinion or word choices. Ugh. Insufferable person, you are.
    Posted by BassFishing

Then you wonder why you get banned.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Kraft hints at more moves coming as a result of Brady's restructure : If you were as smart as you claim to be, you would realize that Welker is far from a midget. He's 5'9" -- about as tall as an average human male. If you were as mature as you claim to be, you wouldn't use the word 'midget' as a childish insult. Just calling you on a premise that you stated. And you've now revealed that you're sexist.  Must I say it again...? If you were as smart and mature as you claim to be, you wouldn't go around using childish terms as insults and making sexist remarks.
    Posted by vertigho

You can't expect much more from a cretin like Rusty.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

In Response to Re: Kraft hints at more moves coming as a result of Brady's restructure : He could have just said what a great team guy Tom is. There was no need whatsoever for him to say he is the best QB in the NFL. Apparently Bob is just not the Brady basher you are dopey. I doubt Bob was dismayed by Brady hitting Welker on both hands with a key pass late that probably would have assured a win. The dropping of the pass might have left him crestfallen though. I also doubt Kraft was throwing high 5s around when he watched his D blow yet another Lombardi trophy in the last couple minutes.
    Posted by BabeParilli

He wasn't throwing high fives when Brady threw the pick on what looked like a drive in which at least a FG would be put up, probably a touchdown. Nor did he jump out of his chair in celebration on the safety the very 1st play of the game.  The defense kept the game close for as long as they could but were not able to withstand a 26 minute drought in which the offense didn't put up squat.

You obviously don't look at anything objectively, its always the defense's fault, the offense can do no wrong, Brady never does anything that would cost the team a win. This isn't Brady bashing its a fact. I'm one of the biggest Bill Belichick fans but will admit that he doesn't always get it right. You are obsessed with Tom Brady in a creepy way. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

"I think we're blessed to have the number one quarterback in the NFL," Kraft said of Brady. I guess Bob doesn't agree with Rusty on this.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Kraft has said that Bill Belichick is the best Coach and GM in the league too. I guess that he doesn't agree with you on this.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

You are obsessed with Tom Brady in a creepy way. 
    Posted by 15315k

He really is. He clearly has some kind of mental illness as well. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Kraft hints at more moves coming as a result of Brady's restructure : Eng, I'm not an expert on the cap or contacts, but it looked like at the end of the article it stated brady's salary for 2013-14 were getting bumped up a little.  Are we pushing a little bit of the cap hit into the future, which is not necessarily kicking the can down the road the isn't the cap bigger under new agreement? 
    Posted by quinzpatsfan

his cap hit didn't change over the course of his contract it was as you said transferred from this year into 13' and 14' so it's just pushing it down the road. The way to think about it is that even though the cap is expanding we would of had more space if Brady wasn't restructured, so either way it is kicking it down the road. They just are better planning for the future pushing restructures back then a vast majority of teams

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Kraft hints at more moves coming as a result of Brady's restructure : TrueChump = one track mind. Don't fret. BB is going to latch on to your brilliant reasoning any day now. But I'm afraid it's too late to save the "give it to Benny" part of your master plan. LOL
    Posted by BabeParilli

Not that I should respond to your trolling but if you don't think we need to incorporate the run game more then we do then you are as idiotic as your posts imply.

You and I agree on 1 thing...Brady is the best, so why would you want to see him throw more then almost any QB in the league at age 35? There is only 1 answer...you are not a Pats fan/ a Brady fan/ or a Bill Belichick fan.

Actually I think you may be Underdog. You realized long ago that you needed a new angle and tried to use an old time great as your moniker in the hope that we would pay attention to you. Congratulations it worked for a while but more and more catch on everyday that you are just trolling.

You contradict yourself at every turn, enjoy your last few months on the board.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Kraft hints at more moves coming as a result of Brady's restructure : If you were as smart as you claim to be, you would realize that Welker is far from a midget. He's 5'9" -- about as tall as an average human male. If you were as mature as you claim to be, you wouldn't use the word 'midget' as a childish insult. Just calling you on a premise that you stated. And you've now revealed that you're sexist.  Must I say it again...? If you were as smart and mature as you claim to be, you wouldn't go around using childish terms as insults and making sexist remarks.
    Posted by vertigho

re: " If you were as smart and mature as you claim to be, you wouldn't go around using childish terms as insults and making sexist remarks. "

thank you very much for saying this!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

As best as I can figure the cap space after all these moves is around 20 million. Here is how I get there...
    They left 5+ million for the draft, picked up another almost 8 million from Brady not included in the origional number known previous to this move. They had almost 7 million left for free agency and emergency fund at that point. Thats 20 Million, then take out roughly 3 million for Branch's and the new FB/LB dude (just guessing)
    Now it sounds like Light is done but they havent made it official and announced it for some reason. So that is another 5 million.

So...We're up to 22 million and then if you take 5 out for the draft and lets say 4 for Emergency funds and the usable monies are back to 13 million for free agency prior to and after the draft.

Now they can gain space by redoing Ocho or cutting him as well as many other players if needed but they should be fine for anything they need to do. Also remember this number includes the 9.4 to Welker under the tag and if they trade him they gain it all back, and if they sign him to a multi year deal they will likely save at least another 3.5 million. SO they are in a really solid position for the remainder of this free agency period.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

re-upping Welker should be getting closer here with the Pats/Welker.  I can't see the Pats going into the season with one guy counting for 9.4 mil agst. cap.  I just don't see it.  Look for Welker to get that 4 or 5 yr deal with the first 3 yrs loaded with some decent money guarenteed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

re-upping Welker should be getting closer here with the Pats/Welker.  I can't see the Pats going into the season with one guy counting for 9.4 mil agst. cap.  I just don't see it.  Look for Welker to get that 4 or 5 yr deal with the first 3 yrs loaded with some decent money guarenteed.
    Posted by NOISE

This is what I think will happen. Wes will sign, and for a smaller amount than many here figure. He has to realize, as I'm sure the Patriots do, that his open market value is not that close to $10 million. He is a slot WR, and the  best in the business, but he is still a slot, and he is still not guaranteed to be as productive in any other place. 

My guess is that if the right amount in guarantees are in place, enough to satisfy his doubts, then he could be had closer to $6 million per than $10 million per. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Kraft hints at more moves coming as a result of Brady's restructure : This is what I think will happen. Wes will sign, and for a smaller amount than many here figure. He has to realize, as I'm sure the Patriots do, that his open market value is not that close to $10 million. He is a slot WR, and the  best in the business, but he is still a slot, and he is still not guaranteed to be as productive in any other place.  My guess is that if the right amount in guarantees are in place, enough to satisfy his doubts, then he could be had closer to $6 million per than $10 million per. 
    Posted by zbellino

z thatd be my hope. i just dont see it becasue he refused 16 over 2 yrs guaranteed.
    maybe hell have a come to reality moment.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

bump

Sections
Shortcuts