Kraft Publicly Speaks About Welker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Kraft Publicly Speaks About Welker

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to jri37's comment:

This is really interesting. The Pats/Kraft/BB usually don't address these issues publicly. They must feel like the agent really screwed this up and are just trying to protect the brand form the info Dunn is leaking out. If they didn't already have a strained relationship with Dunn (which is seems like they do) then this pretty much clinches that future dealings with Dunn clients are going to be difficult at best.

I applaud them. Wish they wwre more aggressive in that are with Spygate. 

Just seems out of character. Dunn must have really pissed him off.

I think Dunn is embarrassed.  I really do. His client got less in Welker was sold as a hot commodity.

I think if Welker had come to them first thing Tuesday morning saying Denver, Tenn, and 3 other teams have offers, they would have said see ya right there, not willing to compete.

The problem is, Welker didn't count on NE covering their azs on Tuesday.  BB did cover his azs as he always does and Welker got burned, gambling on a hot market.

There was no hot market which is what the consensus was via the media. For weeks all we heard was "the word is, Welker's best place is in NE where Brdy makes him look good and Welker makes Brady look good".

Classic case of an agent misleading his client for greed.

I have no idea how Welker hasn't fired him.

Just like I heard on the radio on my way home this evening.

When you are disrespected by the team when they try to replace you last season, when they bring someone in to replace you this season do you really want to play there.  People in the workforce would be looking for a new jobif it happened to them at their job, football is no different.

And... When an owner goes out of their way to say they want a player to be there, yet they really don't try to keep them there then they really didn't want him to be there.  They knew had they pushed to keep Welker there then did not play him like last year there would be too much heat on coach Belichick and the New England Patriots the entire season.  They didn't want to go down that road again.  They would much rather take their chances on Amendola performing.  This was just an attempt by Kraft to save face with the angry Pats fans who wanted Welker there.

After hearing these things it just showed me that the outside world understands what really went on and the few here are just delusional. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Maybe Welker didn't fire him because the Pats offers weren't as good as you think and it really did make more sense for Welker to play under the franchise tag and take the 6 million from the Broncos?

If the agent screwed up as much as posters here claim, you'd think he would have been fired.  But he hasn't been fired.  In fact, he continues to represent Welker and a whole bunch of players and coaches, including guys like Aaron Rogers, Clay Matthews, Aaron Hernandez, Ryan Mallet, Nate Solder, Alfonzo Dennard, Zoltan Mesko, Jake Bequette, Matt Cassel, Brandon Merriweather, Matt Schaub, Matt Hassellback, Richie Incognito, Paul Kruger, Jake Locker, Von Miller, B.J. Raji, Reggie Wayne, Mark Sanchez, Shane Vereen, Ben Tate, Ray Lewis, Jim Harbaugh, Jason Garrett, etc.

Maybe the guy's better at his job than you and a bunch of other fans think?

Maybe Welker isn't the firing kind of guy and too nice?   I don't care what he does. All I know is, his agent misled him.

How do you know this?

Umm, because he would prefer to stay for more money and his agent misread the slot WR market?

I don't know why you're convinced that he would have gotten more money by staying.  If that was the case, I'm sure he would have stayed if Kraft is right that the Pats wanted him.  The more  I read, the more I think that the Pats were always trying to get him for $5 million per year over two years (guaranteed money) plus another $8 million if incentives were met. I have a feeling the $16 million over two years reported back in 2011 was a similar deal to the $16 million over two years Bob Kraft is saying was on the table this year. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

the manner in which you go out of your way to defend welker is really creepy, dude. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Kraft mentions that he would of made 8 million here this year, how is that? If he has a two year deal for ten, how was Wes going to make 8 of that in the first year of the deal? Because everything I've read said they were going to pay him five million per year, with incentives. Kraft threw the extra three million Welker may (or may not of) made in incentives like it was guaranteed money - well if your going to make it seem like it was easy to reach those incentives...why not just give it to him? It's not like the guy hasn't played above his previous deal - he even played to the high franchise number. Don't go out and say you were going to pay him 8 million, when you were going to give him five. I don't blame Welker for feeling as if he didn't need to earn incentives from the Patriots, he has done enough.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Umm, because he would prefer to stay for more money and his agent misread the slot WR market?

Misread the slot market??  How do you fiqure this?  I believe the Titans offered even more money so apparently the slot market wasn't misread.  Looks like the Pats low balled their most productive player.

Every statement you make is wrong.  But that's expected around here with you!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Kraft mentions that he would of made 8 million here this year, how is that? If he has a two year deal for ten, how was Wes going to make 8 of that in the first year of the deal? Because everything I've read said they were going to pay him five million per year, with incentives. Kraft threw the extra three million Welker may (or may not of) made in incentives like it was guaranteed money - well if your going to make it seem like it was easy to reach those incentives...why not just give it to him? It's not like the guy hasn't played above his previous deal - he even played to the high franchise number. Don't go out and say you were going to pay him 8 million, when you were going to give him five. I don't blame Welker for feeling as if he didn't need to earn incentives from the Patriots, he has done enough.

Are you this dumb? He was offered 8 mil per GUARANTEED in 2012 and 2013, so in 2013 he was GUARANTEED to earn 8 million here playing with his best buddy and and himself not folding in the 4th qtr of a title game or SB game.

Stick to the cupcakes, moron. Oh my god.   Was it inbreeding?

There was a report that he was offered this, but no one seems to have confirmed it and Welker seems to have suggested that there was never such a good offer. 

Even so, when you add up the 9.5 he got in 2012 and the 6 million he's getting in 2013, it amounts to 15.5 million, so what he's actually getting is roughly equivalent to this purported 16 million offer (which may or may not be real). 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Maybe Welker didn't fire him because the Pats offers weren't as good as you think and it really did make more sense for Welker to play under the franchise tag and take the 6 million from the Broncos?

If the agent screwed up as much as posters here claim, you'd think he would have been fired.  But he hasn't been fired.  In fact, he continues to represent Welker and a whole bunch of players and coaches, including guys like Aaron Rogers, Clay Matthews, Aaron Hernandez, Ryan Mallet, Nate Solder, Alfonzo Dennard, Zoltan Mesko, Jake Bequette, Matt Cassel, Brandon Merriweather, Matt Schaub, Matt Hassellback, Richie Incognito, Paul Kruger, Jake Locker, Von Miller, B.J. Raji, Reggie Wayne, Mark Sanchez, Shane Vereen, Ben Tate, Ray Lewis, Jim Harbaugh, Jason Garrett, etc.

Maybe the guy's better at his job than you and a bunch of other fans think?

Maybe Welker isn't the firing kind of guy and too nice?   I don't care what he does. All I know is, his agent misled him.

How do you know this?

More money?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Dude, you are Goebbels wet dream. Wet dream.

You drove home and heard a couple of moron dorks like Pezzy and Mt Hurl call in to 98.5 who work at 7-11 lead you down a path for your decision?

LOL

There is a salary cap that remains FLAT for 2 more years. Welker and his agent didn't get this off the lockout.

Would Wes be happier if Kraft just sent him a check for 2 million more off the books? What is the point of putting yourself in a position you don't choose to be in as a professional?

Serious question.

I think I can make more because it's about me and where I am but my leverge sucks, so I'll roll the dice anyway?

Really?

Keep spinning buddy, keep spinning.  You are fighting very hard to protect the Patriots decision here.  One that ends up biting them in the butt just like the Moss decision.  The Pats still haven't replaced the deep threat. 

As a fan wanting at least 1 more SB while TFB is here, this decision was horrible for the team, especially the offense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

It's hard to figure out what actually went down, how sincere each side was in this fiasco. I will say this, if the pats do not make some additional, significant moves at WR, letting Wes go is going to bite bb and Kraft in the ars$. Fans will mutiny if our wr corps looks like dog sh1t come the opener, and if Wes, the broncos do really well. I only like this move if this is part of a bigger WR retooling, and not some 06 snake oil job. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I should say  I'm fine with Kraft not wanting to pay Welker more than what he offered.  I think it would have been better to keep Welker, but I also don't think at his age he was worth a huge three-year cap hit.  I just think it's weird to act like Welker and his agent made a mistake by chosing something other than Kraft's offer.  If they felt the offer was insufficient and felt playing under the tag and taking Denver's offer this year was a better alternative, so be it.  From the numbers reported, the worse Welker did was end up $500,000 short.  It's also possible, however, that he really ended up ahead, because there's some question as to whether the reported 2-year guaranteed 16 million offer from the Pats in 2011 really existed.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

This is clearly the discount between the owner and the coach but hey that is why you hirer a coach.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

It's hard to figure out what actually went down, how sincere each side was in this fiasco. I will say this, if the pats do not make some additional, significant moves at WR, letting Wes go is going to bite bb and Kraft in the ars$. Fans will mutiny if our wr corps looks like dog sh1t come the opener, and if Wes, the broncos do really well. I only like this move if this is part of a bigger WR retooling, and not some 06 snake oil job. 

No doubt. I'm banking on them making a move at WR before the season starts, it's going to need to be a pretty good one because the WR core is a mess, especially with Gronk, Hernandez, Amendola and Jones all missing many games the past few years.  If they don't get a dependable WR here it's going to be ugly if one of those players goes down during the season.  And imagine if a couple of them go down.  All they had to do was keep the same players as last season and add one more quality outside receiver, instead they retool the whole WR position.  It would be different if they had brought in some good quality, dependable, productive receivers but they didn't.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

You drove home and heard a couple of moron dorks like Pezzy and Mt Hurl call in to 98.5 who work at 7-11 lead you down a path for your decision?

LOL

There is a salary cap that remains FLAT for 2 more years. Welker and his agent didn't get this off the lockout.

Would Wes be happier if Kraft just sent him a check for 2 million more off the books? What is the point of putting yourself in a position you don't choose to be in as a professional?

Serious question.

I think I can make more because it's about me and where I am but my leverge sucks, so I'll roll the dice anyway?

Really?

Keep spinning buddy, keep spinning.  You are fighting very hard to protect the Patriots decision here.  One that ends up biting them in the butt just like the Moss decision.  The Pats still haven't replaced the deep threat. 

As a fan wanting at least 1 more SB while TFB is here, this decision was horrible for the team, especially the offense.

It's not spin. I said here last year that they invested in Hernadez over Welker so this isn't a big surprise to me.

There is a cap, a massive flat cap and Brady makes a lot more than he did in 2009, you moron.

You have the maturity of a 5 year old. There's a cap! Look at Kraft's comments. All his comments mirror what I said here THREE years ago!

Welker and his agent wildly overshot his value.

You were saying they needed to fix the D, 3 yrs ago?   Kraft certainly did.  Good for you!

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

LOL

Serious question.

Really?

It's not spin. I said here last year that they invested in Hernadez over Welker so this isn't a big surprise to me.

There is a cap, a massive flat cap and Brady makes a lot more than he did in 2009, you moron.

You have the maturity of a 5 year old. There's a cap! Look at Kraft's comments. All his comments mirror what I said here THREE years ago!

You were saying they needed to fix the D, 3 yrs ago?   Kraft certainly did.  Good for you!

I like how rusty screams...there's a cap!! Yet we haven't spent to it in three years. This year Kraft said the team would spend to the cap, I hope he does...the clock is ticking on this magic carpet ride that Brady has provided for the last ten years. We can't have another off season where we bring in Stallworth, Gallery, Lloyd (who was the best of the bunch and was just cut because of money), Gaffney, Gregory, Addai, Gonzalez, Fells, Scianco, Fenene, Ocho, Shaun Ellis, and Haynesworth. That's a lot of money wasted right there. Maybe Kraft won't let us spend to the cap because of the dead beats we keep signing? 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

LOL

Serious question.

Really?

I like how rusty screams...there's a cap!! Yet we haven't spent to it in three years. This year Kraft said the team would spend to the cap, I hope he does...the clock is ticking on this magic carpet ride that Brady has provided for the last ten years. We can't have another off season where we bring in Stallworth, Gallery, Lloyd (who was the best of the bunch and was just cut because of money), Gaffney, Gregory, Addai, Gonzalez, Fells, Scianco, Fenene, Ocho, Shaun Ellis, and Haynesworth. That's a lot of money wasted right there. Maybe Kraft won't let us spend to the cap because of the dead beats we keep signing? 

That's right and BTW where are our 5th and 6th round picks this year? 

Oh, I forgot, Ocho and Fat Albert ate them and now we're in can't draft anyone HE11 on top of 20M in dead money HE!!.

Did they budget for that too?    Still gotta sign 13 guys, just to get to 53 and another 27-50 for camp.(krafts money)   Guess they won't be rookies and we won't have to worry about being the youngest team in the league again.    Right Crusty?  There goes that excuse.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts