Re: Kraft Publicly Speaks About Welker

Kraft just broke it down!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

I am drawing a blank on how we used that 2011 draft pick

Mallett.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I think for the people that think Kraft isn't trying to do some damage control and perhaps isn't distorting facts a little tincy bit here and there don't live in this area. You can't even walk down the street without people saying how the Patriots let Welker go. People are asking why. A lot of people don't even know who Danny Amendola is - hell outside of Brady, Welker is the most recognizable piece of the franchise. Women love this guy...guys wear his shirt. The Patriot's fan base is a lot larger than the 200 posters on Boston.com, Kraft has to save face on this...this is his business...Welker was a big part of that.

Kraft would be beyond stupid as a business man to come out and say we didn't really want this guy...we felt there was a price we were willing to go and we weren't going to go any higher. Just because all you ticket holders don't understand what happens to 32 year old receivers, doesn't mean that we don't. Trust us - we know what we are doing - you don't. Thanks.

If he had said that, there would be trouble. He may of had to sell one of his hellicopters.   

I live in Boston and work on construction sites a lot in and around the city.  I also work in an office with mostly men.  As you can imagine, there has been a lot of talk about Welker.  I'd say most of the guys I chat with think Wes got too greedy or that he misjudged his worth.  Not saying I agree with the greedy part, but the market is the market and it spoke loud and clear.  I've had conversation after conversation with guys and I'd sum it up by saying the majority say that they'll miss Welker but that the Pats needed to protect their interests.  Anecdotal, yes.  But the streets I am walking down must be different than yours. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Kraft:

We had to try to give him what the market was willing to pay him. I really believe we were slightly above the market. At the same time, we know we have to improve our defense if we want to compete to make it to the playoffs. That’s what we’ve done. Unfortunately, Wes was a casualty – both sides weren’t able to get it done. It takes two sides to get a deal done.”

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I think for the people that think Kraft isn't trying to do some damage control and perhaps isn't distorting facts a little tincy bit here and there don't live in this area. You can't even walk down the street without people saying how the Patriots let Welker go. People are asking why. A lot of people don't even know who Danny Amendola is - hell outside of Brady, Welker is the most recognizable piece of the franchise. Women love this guy...guys wear his shirt. The Patriot's fan base is a lot larger than the 200 posters on Boston.com, Kraft has to save face on this...this is his business...Welker was a big part of that.

Kraft would be beyond stupid as a business man to come out and say we didn't really want this guy...we felt there was a price we were willing to go and we weren't going to go any higher. Just because all you ticket holders don't understand what happens to 32 year old receivers, doesn't mean that we don't. Trust us - we know what we are doing - you don't. Thanks.

If he had said that, there would be trouble. He may of had to sell one of his hellicopters.   

That's because we have too many pink hats as fans now, taking over internet boards, the Tony and Mazz show, not making enough noise at Gillette with their mittens, leaving those red seast by halftime, leaving games early, etc. You know, fans like you.

YOu live in a bubble.  Just like them. I've said this for years. 95% of NFL fans are jealous to to the hilt of what we have, generally speaking. Every year they predict NE is done and not a SB contender due to fear of what might happen again, which is the media praising them to make them yak on their shoes.

You don't know how great Adrian Wilson is, that he's basically a HOF Safety coming in here, that Arrington was the 2nd best rated slot CB in the NFL last year and is far cheaper than LaDarius Webb, etc.

Finally, like you and other pinkies, our fans don't have a clue about economics or don't care that there is a cap.  They just want to feel good inside and Wes Welker makes them feel good.

I LOVE the discipline shown by BB.  LOVE IT. BB is why this exists on the heels of Kraft providing it. Kraft was too nice pre Belichick and the gauging of the market is now done by BB, but the lockout and new CBA allowed Kraft to share some wisdom which helped BB the GM, which helps THE TEAM.

It is a shame Moss was dealt, but it had to be done. The TEAM improved and BB fleeced Minnesota. I am drawing a blank on how we used that 2011 draft pick, but I bet it's better than paying Randy Moss wildly into an unknown lockout.

The big picture is the key as is rational uunderstanding of BB's methodcial teambuilding work.

So, I don't really care what pink hats think or fans who love the player more than the team thinks right now.

Kraft is trying to get the facts out there, which I applaud.  It's a far cry from a Jeremy Jacobs stopping into WEEI studios in June every year with canned questions devised by him to tell us "we'll get em next year" as he counts how many hotdogs he sold in the 3 home games in April in Rd 1 of the playoffs.

God bless Bob Kraft. He nor BB should be strung up because Welker's agent is greedy and Wes was let down by his greedy and dumb agent who didn't seee a flooded FA market.

I love it! The moron who doesn't appreciate a HOF QB is telling me what to appreciate. Bawahaha! Listen rusty, you are the last person that should be talking about living in a bubble. Your bubble consists of you and your anti Brady agenda..you are the lone wolf.

Hall of fame safety? That's nice, it really is. I imagine they may base his hall of induction on say, the first 12 years of his career.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

This move is the beginning of the end of BB and his aging QB. If the end isn't already upon us based on the way Brady played last year.A few more stinkers like the Ravens game and he's done.

I'm not sure who this Rusty character is buit if he's saying that Brady's best dats are in his rear-view mirror then I for one 100% agree with his assement.

Brady played his way right out of MVP contention last year and without Welker things are only going to worse for him.Take off the rose colored glasses NE. Old Tommy Boy is just that...Old Tommy Boy! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

You guys would get eaten alive making business deals with Bob Kraft the way you hang on his every word.  I'm sure the Pats did give Welker a deal that could have been worth 8 million in year one if incentives were met.  Kraft's not lying, he's just positioning what he did in a favourable light.  Obviously Welker and his agent didn't feel the incentives were such a slam dunk (and if they were, you  polyannas, why make them incentives? just give Welker the money).  In Welker's mind it was a 5 million deal. Denver set the market at 6 million guaranteed. Kraft chose not to match.  His perogative--and I even think he was smart not to pay Welker that much.  But let's not turn to mush over Kraft's magnanimity. He made an offer and Elway made an offer. Welker thought Elway's was better because more money was guaranteed even if the total upside wasn't as great.  Kraft made his decision. Welker his. No fault. No blame. And please no heros.  It's just a deal and that's how they go down.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Proloate-They should have kept Welker if they were only a million away. Brady is getting older and his outlet was always Welker. He reconstructed to keep a guy like Welker around. Albeit that he gave himself a 27 million $$ raise while doing so.

Brady is getting older as we all witnessed last year.getting rid of your most productive player doesn't make sense.Everybody in the NFL is still scratching their heads over it.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Kraft:

We had to try to give him what the market was willing to pay him. I really believe we were slightly above the market. At the same time, we know we have to improve our defense if we want to compete to make it to the playoffs. That’s what we’ve done. Unfortunately, Wes was a casualty – both sides weren’t able to get it done. It takes two sides to get a deal done.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4741199/kraft-welker-was-our-first-choice

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

King- Brady is not winning anything. Based upon the way he played last yearand that egg he laid against the Ravens .

Brady's best days are well behind him. I can appreciate that you think he will be great again based upon what he has done in the past but I'm a realist and Brady is getting old...and it's showing.

STOP being a fan for a minute and remember that Brady played himself out of MVP contention late in the year and was just awful against the Ravens.

Quick question-Do old QB's get better with time or do they do just get older??

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to JRABBB's comment:

Proloate-They should have kept Welker if they were only a million away. Brady is getting older and his outlet was always Welker. He reconstructed to keep a guy like Welker around. Albeit that he gave himself a 27 million $$ raise while doing so.

Brady is getting older as we all witnessed last year.getting rid of your most productive player doesn't make sense.Everybody in the NFL is still scratching their heads over it.

When NE's offense  defense is more diversified and Brady is better in the postseason and NE wins another SB, you won't be shaking your head.

ASK BOB KRAFT!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

Kraft:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4741199/kraft-welker-was-our-first-choice

Ya, you would have trouble finding that one.  It doesn't support your agenda.

READ!  I'm not going to count paragraphs for you.

I am having trouble finding that sentence you highlighted in the full piece. What paragraph is that in?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

How long is a team supposed to be handcuffed by a player.  WW had a chance last year to sign.  He had plenty of time to sign before free agency.  He was offered a good contract for more than most are signing for now.  It was time for the Patriots to make a move.  WW can only blame his agent and himself.  I like the moves that the Patriots are making.  They still need a couple of pieces of the puzzle but are close.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Rusty you posted it in the new thread you just started.  It is underlined.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Rusty you posted it in the new thread you just started.  It is underlined.

LOL  What a dong?

25. This post has been removed.