Kraft reluctant

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Kraft reluctant

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000324210/article/robert-kraft-reluctant-to-give-aqib-talib-big-money

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Re: Kraft reluctant

Sorry but this has already been a thred.Just thought id let you know.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

sounds more and more like Talib is a goner, forcing the team to use a day or 2 draft choice on a CB, and this team has not drafted that position well.

I see no positives in Kraft making public comments on player negotiations, contracts or worth. BB has full authority in these circumstances, and what BB decides Kraft will go along with.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Thanks Aaron!!  Now Kraft will Never pay for any real talent to come through. I think the hammer has already come down. Look at all the classy rutgers players coming through and Spikes on the way out. Its time to build up the Patriots way again. Sell Tickets is the main priority right now. Not winning a SB. If it happens , Hey all the better.

They know they can continue to put trash out there and let Brady mask it and still get a playoff berth where luck and bounce of the ball can get you to the big game in the weak AFC, but winning it?  Gonna take more than what we are doing now...

NO Talib = Back to the drawing board. why did we trade for him?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

You can only spread the money around so far.

Fans do not look at this from a business perspective..  they just want players to stay and get signed.  Players see the world as themselves and how much they want that world to make regardless of the impact to the rest.  If they can find a team that can fit their $$$ world into the team world, that's where they will go.  It's business.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fans do not look at this from a business perspective..  they just want players to stay and get signed.  Players see the world as themselves and how much they want that world to make regardless of the impact to the rest.  If they can find a team that can fit their $$$ world into the team world, that's where they will go.  It's business.

[/QUOTE]

100% false.

a #1 CB has been an issue with this team for quite a while. they have found one that can excel in BB's defense. no one is saying pay the guy crazy money, but at least concede fair market value to him. if some one opts to pay Talib crazy money, then there is no choice. it appears that Kraft is negotiating in the press....why?

if "it's business"...keep "business" in house, not in the media...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Question: What is fair market value for a shut down corner who has spent essentially 1.5 seasons with the Pats and been hurt for a number of games each year including both AFCCGs? 

I see nothing particularly surprising or inappropriate in what Kraft said.  He'd make that comment about any free agent player with an injury history.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

100% false.

a #1 CB has been an issue with this team for quite a while. they have found one that can excel in BB's defense. no one is saying pay the guy crazy money, but at least concede fair market value to him. if some one opts to pay Talib crazy money, then there is no choice. it appears that Kraft is negotiating in the press....why?

if "it's business"...keep "business" in house, not in the media...

[/QUOTE]

Kraft simply said the Pats aren't about signing players for "crazy" money just because they value the player.  It is about budget and fit monetarily.  Talib will want his $$$ and the Pats will pay what "fits" into their $$$ bag.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Question: What is fair market value for a shut down corner who has spent essentially 1.5 seasons with the Pats and been hurt for a number of games each year including both AFCCGs? 

I see nothing particularly surprising or inappropriate in what Kraft said.  He'd make that comment about any free agent player with an injury history.

[/QUOTE]

3/$21 or 4/$28 with $10-$!2 guaranteed. also games played and personal conduct written into the contract

I find it very surprising that Kraft is discussing a players worth, contract or percieved value in the media. THats not his job, and while it is his perogotive as owner, it serves no purpose other than to offend a player

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

One of the things I remember is this discussion was that it was Parcells who said the critical thing is to make the "tournament". After that you can never tell what will happen it seems that Kraft took this lesson from Parcells to heart

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

3/$21 or 4/$28 with $10-$!2 guaranteed. also games played and personal conduct written into the contract

I find it very surprising that Kraft is discussing a players worth, contract or percieved value in the media. THats not his job, and while it is his perogotive as owner, it serves no purpose other than to offend a player

[/QUOTE]

... and if a player tries to negotiate his next contract in the media....  that is OK?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

It's funny, some of the same people who criticize Belichick because he never gives the press anything are all over Kraft because he says too much.

All he said was he's missed some games, we don't have unlimited funding and he'd like to be here and we'd like to have him here.  Is there anything in there that is new information or shocking?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

... and if a player tries to negotiate his next contract in the media....  that is OK?

[/QUOTE]

yep. unfortunately there is a double standard...an owner of a football team should not be making a comment about negotiations with a player. the owner should make his obligatory comments after the player signed.

rule of thumb....dont comment on other teams players. dont negotiate thru the media. only discuss players that are on the team (Talib is not, he is a free agent next week). never, ever, talk about a players money

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's funny, some of the same people who criticize Belichick because he never gives the press anything are all over Kraft because he says too much.

All he said was he's missed some games, we don't have unlimited funding and he'd like to be here and we'd like to have him here.  Is there anything in there that is new information or shocking?

[/QUOTE]

I would also be critical of BB if he ever mentioned negotiations in the press (of course he never would)

my criticism of BB and his dealings with the press are not the same as negotiating in the media. to me, that serves no purpose. what Kraft said was fairly vanilla, but he shouldn't say anything.  

I would never expect BB to comment on contract/salary/negotiations, nor would I expect him to comment on injuries or upcoming game plans.

I would have liked to hear the team offer a statement after he was finally declared out for the season on Armsteads well being (if the player approved), and I am still waiting for the team to own up to what they knew about Hernandez, his life outside the team, his friends, his dual residences, etc.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Ha, "yep, unfortunately there is a double standard"!?!?........oh, ok

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would also be critical of BB if he ever mentioned negotiations in the press (of course he never would)

my criticism of BB and his dealings with the press are not the same as negotiating in the media. to me, that serves no purpose. what Kraft said was fairly vanilla, but he shouldn't say anything.  

I would never expect BB to comment on contract/salary/negotiations, nor would I expect him to comment on injuries or upcoming game plans.

I would have liked to hear the team offer a statement after he was finally declared out for the season on Armsteads well being (if the player approved), and I am still waiting for the team to own up to what they knew about Hernandez, his life outside the team, his friends, his dual residences, etc.

[/QUOTE]

Are you saying what Jonathan Kraft  said publically isn't true? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

that is what I am saying, and have said many, many times

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I appluad Kraft if this is true. For a business perspective the return on invest isn't enough for an injury prone player. From a fans perspective, what good is a guy who might be elite when healthy but when not 100% he's an average CB and he's not healthy a good portion of the year. Also one that can't play through pain in big games. I understand he's the best CB since Law (talent wise) but all the talent in the world doesn't help you if he can't stay on the field effectively

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

that is what I am saying, and have said many, many times

[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying you are right or wrong becasue i have zero knowledge either way. My question would be if it is true and they are not telling the truth why hasn't it been reported on? Nothing stays a secret and i would think there are enough reporters in this town that would love to bury the Krafts.

If you are saying it's not true do you have first hand knowledge?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Amen, brother. One of the main reasons why Seattle won it all is because it's top players, QB Russell Wilson and CB Richard Sherman, are still playing under their rookie contracts. Accordingly, Seattle could afford to trade for a Percy Harvin, and keep their very talented defense in tact. Let's see what Seattle does when it's time for their guys to get paid, in 2015. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Can't quibble with the numbers or the contract provisions.

Kraft is nobody's fool.  I'm guessing there's a rational basis for him commenting publicly.  Talib's agent may not care for it but in my opinion that's Tango Foxtrot Sierra.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mankins got ripped for doing it and Welker got ripped too. So, on a whole if people feel it's in bad taste for a player to do it then it should be in bad taste for an owner as well

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I appluad Kraft if this is true. For a business perspective the return on invest isn't enough for an injury prone player. From a fans perspective, what good is a guy who might be elite when healthy but when not 100% he's an average CB and he's not healthy a good portion of the year. Also one that can't play through pain in big games. I understand he's the best CB since Law (talent wise) but all the talent in the world doesn't help you if he can't stay on the field effectively

[/QUOTE]

what Kraft should be saying, if I understand your frustration, is why cant we draft and develop a CB for this defensive scheme? why do I have to pay more than what I (Kraft) think is fair market value?

I think it is out of line to discuss a players financial situation in the media...

When will Kraft tell us how much BB makes every year?

Bodden, Butler, DMC, Wheatley, Wilhite, Arrington and on and on. The team finally has a player that can play CB in BB's defense. He is young. the physical demands on a CB in this defense is that they will get injured (these CB's have to set the edge and tackle). thats what back ups are for.

I am sure the Pats have Talib slotted at around 3/$21 or so...if they have to go some what higher, they must.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Where are the people in this thread going to be when Talib only plays 8 games again next season, and ducks out in the AFC championship game?

I hope they bring this thread up if New England goes whole hog on Talib. 

For me? $5, maybe $6 million per season, short to middle term deal. If you cna get him to sign something with escalators/incentives, even better, and you can up the totals because you are insured. 

He is injured way too often to devote that much money. I'd almost rather they grab DRC, who is durable, instead they must sign a FA CB and it's big money. 

Talib is made of glass!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

what Kraft should be saying, if I understand your frustration, is why cant we draft and develop a CB for this defensive scheme? why do I have to pay more than what I (Kraft) think is fair market value?

I think it is out of line to discuss a players financial situation in the media...

When will Kraft tell us how much BB makes every year?

Bodden, Butler, DMC, Wheatley, Wilhite, Arrington and on and on. The team finally has a player that can play CB in BB's defense. He is young. the physical demands on a CB in this defense is that they will get injured (these CB's have to set the edge and tackle). thats what back ups are for.

I am sure the Pats have Talib slotted at around 3/$21 or so...if they have to go some what higher, they must.  

[/QUOTE]

I love his game. 

I wouldn't devote 7 mil of cap to the guy though. That's 7 mil for 8-12 games. You might as well just get a guy for 10-11 that will be able to play 18-19 games.