Kraft says a long term deal with Wilfork is close!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tamayo2431. Show tamayo2431's posts

Kraft says a long term deal with Wilfork is close!

Patriots owner Bob Kraft said Wednesday that the club is close to striking a long-term deal with franchise player Vince Wilfork.
    "Both sides have worked hard," Kraft said. "I think we're close and I hope we close something. He was our priority, the first priority." The Pats have until the mid-July franchise deadline to extend Wilfork for the long haul.

from Rotoworld via the CSNE

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Kraft says a long term deal with Wilfork is close!

Good, he deserves a long term deal, and if the Pats don't give it to him than they should allow someone else to.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Kraft is a big spender. I knew I could count on him to open up the change purse. LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Good news.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tamayo2431. Show tamayo2431's posts

finally some good positive Patriots news. It's been a while.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

This would be great for the locker room. I hope it gets done. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

sounds like the bend but don't break strategy is at play

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I will stick to my thoughts it either gets done or they trade him by draft day. I am leaning towards they get it done but who knows.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

I was mentally preparing for him to go. He demands a big salary and is a large man and you have to think his body will break down sooner than later. Plus he might be worth a first round pick or more in compensation. On the flip side, without VW the D line would be as thin as he is fat. This is a real tough call and I still think it could go either way. I'm certainly not a football expert but I was thinking the pats are still in rebuilding mode and the crystal ball says 2012 at the earliest for super bowl contention. But the biggest reason for signing the guy (and it is now looking like they will) is that without him the run defense is hopeless. I think Belichick would like to deal him but i think it is simply not an option

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Trading Adalius Thomas AND Matt Light? Not even Oakland would make such a dumb deal.

Thomas = No talent and a mouth to match his lack of talent.
    Light = Washed up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

In Response to Re: Kraft says a long term deal with Wilfork is close!:
    sounds like the bend but don't break strategy is at play
    Posted by kansaspatriot

oh, I love that Alyssa Milano!!!  If Kraft says it's close its a done deal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Kraft says a long term deal with Wilfork is close!:
    1.- Sign big vince 2.- Sign Mankins / Sign Bodden 3.- Sign Faulk 4.- Trade A. Thomas / Trade M. Light 5.- Don´t trade down or next year with the top 4 picks we have 6.- Draft CB / OLB / TE / RB with those 4 draft picks. Wilson, Huges, Aaron H & Toby 7.- Extend Brady All this just to get to the playoffs and win 1 game...  tha´s how hard i think next season will be.
    Posted by auchhhhhhhhhhh

You forgot the Trade Moss on that list.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucky13calistyle. Show lucky13calistyle's posts

MY GUESS IS HE SIGNS FOR 5 YEARS AND $40 MILLION... WITH SOMEWHERE BETWEEN $16-$20 MILLION GAURANTEED

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I am guessing closer to 45-48 mil with 25 mil guaranteed, even with Hampton taking an ave of 7 mil a year for 3 years.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

This is great news for all Pats fans. I didn't think they could get a deal done so yippee!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Hampton has more rings and plays on a better D. Anyone think the Pats D has been better than the Steelers  D the last three years ? But yeah, this deal should get done. Then the Pats brass can focus on Bodden, Mankins, Brady and the draft.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

In Response to Kraft says a long term deal with Wilfork is close!:
    Patriots owner Bob Kraft said Wednesday that the club is close to striking a long-term deal with franchise player Vince Wilfork. "Both sides have worked hard," Kraft said. "I think we're close and I hope we close something. He was our priority, the first priority." The Pats have until the mid-July franchise deadline to extend Wilfork for the long haul. from Rotoworld via the CSNE
    Posted by tamayo2431

I think you could be putting the horse before the Cart here. Kraft said they are close to a deal but what kind of deal?  It could be a long term contract, it could be a trade, it could be surgery to keep his wifes big mouth shut! No one knows til the deal is signed, sealed and delivered.Sealed

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

In Response to Kraft says a long term deal with Wilfork is close!:
    Patriots owner Bob Kraft said Wednesday that the club is close to striking a long-term deal with franchise player Vince Wilfork. "Both sides have worked hard," Kraft said. "I think we're close and I hope we close something. He was our priority, the first priority." The Pats have until the mid-July franchise deadline to extend Wilfork for the long haul. from Rotoworld via the CSNE
    Posted by tamayo2431

And before i get hate mail here is what Kraft said,
    "In business, you’ve got to prioritize," Patriots owner Robert Kraft told a small group of us at the Indy Westin this afternoon. "We’ve got a budget. We want develop and create a team that puts us in the best position to win. Vince was a priority, and we’ve worked very hard, and I think both sides have worked hard, and I think we’re close, and I hope we close something.
    He never says what they are close to, just a deal. He says he hopes they are close to something. That something could be anything.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tamayo2431. Show tamayo2431's posts

Another important aspect to this situation is the press release by the Patriots after they tagged Wilfork. Compare this statement to ones in the past like the A.Samuel or M.Cassel one and you can tell how different it is.

The Patriots know they can ill afford to let this guy especially since its highly likely he will sign with Miami, our chief rival and a NT hungry team. He said he would like to play in Florida and that team is building up. There is no way you can let a player like Wilfork go especially since you woould have to face him twice a year (maybe even 3 times) when you play your division rival.

Sections
Shortcuts