KRAFT = To Blame For REF Fiasco

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: KRAFT = To Blame For REF Fiasco

Without Kraft there would be no football this year so I think that far outweights the Ref issue

As for the Ref debate

The Refs do a unique job that is much harder that we all think for a multi billion dollar industry, so they should get paid well to do so (hence they should get paid slightly more). However, they are currently being paid more then any other sports umps/refs a on per game and time basis so how much more is up for debate.

I don't agree with pension systems now a days, esp public employee pension systems, because life expectance is longer then when pensions were first drawn up and with the amount of ways to commit pension fruad who can blame a private industry for not wanting to spend extra on pension systems, esp on part time employees. 401k's seem perfectly fine to me, just as long as you're not an idiot and invest all your funds into high risk ventures there should be no reason to believe even a market crash will bankrupt you (even in this last great recession/depression though my 401k return dipped I never lost money just didn't get as much of a return as expected). But, there is a cut off where you need to grandfather in officials that have spent a long time in the league. I'd say 10+ years they should have keep the pensions but anything less you get pushed into a 401k

The other sticking point of holding refs accountable by having backup teams in place I think was a wise and smart idea. I never understood why that wasn't in place to begin with. It allows time for new refs to adjust to a higher level of play before being tossed into the fire so it's more of a smooth transition between aging/retiring refs and the newer refs coming in

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

A lot of people are blaming the refs for ruining pro football.  The replacement refs are just a trade off for the old refs.  The replacement refs have a harder time keeping up with the pace of the game and understanding all the fine print in the rule book.  The old refs favor elite teams and we'll see that beginning this week.  Pick you posion.  If you are a fan of one of the elite teams you'll be happy..IF you are a fan of teams like Detroit, Cleveland, Oarkland get used to getting screwed again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to MichFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A lot of people are blaming the refs for ruining pro football.  The replacement refs are just a trade off for the old refs.  The replacement refs have a harder time keeping up with the pace of the game and understanding all the fine print in the rule book.  The old refs favor elite teams and we'll see that beginning this week.  Pick you posion.  If you are a fan of one of the elite teams you'll be happy..IF you are a fan of teams like Detroit, Cleveland, Oarkland get used to getting screwed again.

[/QUOTE]

Since everyone gets screwed with replacement refs and the Pats are an elite team I'll take the none screwing over everyone getting screwed anyday. At least with the reg refs players know how to play the game. Take the Pats/Ravens game for instance. Reed nails Welker in the head (no call), the reg refs would have called that and put an end to it right there instead the replacement refs let it go and what happens a couple plays later? Edelman gets nailed in the head (no call). Then later that game Branch gets nailed in the head and finally a call. It took 3 head shots for the replacement refs to do anything and that was after half time where I'm sure they got yelled at for not calling the first 2 and letting things get out of hand. The replacement refs are dangerous to the players. It's not just about getting screwed on a call someone is seriously going to get hurt if it continued, is that worth it to you? That's far from a trade off. And don't say well that's the players fault, no it's like giving a 5yr old a box of sugar and some sharp knives and saying it's the kids fault for hurting himself and eating all the sugar. You know the players will take every advantage possible it's in their nature. That's why there are refs to begin with to keep plays in line from hurting themselves or others

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to CaptnFoxboro's comment:
    [QUOTE]

rkarp ...

On your financial point , we are in total agreement and your idea about the owners being better served strategically to wait and get better prepared was spot on .

This would have also served to help sway public opinion against the refs if they balked at showing up for work .

That said ,

I 'd also like to add that I'm not the only one calling for Kraft to nut-up .

MIKE REISS' COLUMN TODAY :

If you're a Patriots follower, it's fair to request an explanation from owner Robert Kraft as to why things have unfolded this way. I wondered what Kraft was thinking as he watched Sunday night's loss to the Ravens, because he was essentially wearing two hats -- influential NFL owner who protects the best interests of the league, and Patriots fan that saw first-hand his team getting victimized by over matched officials.

Kraft/GoodellIt's time for Robert Kraft and the other owners to get in commissioner Roger Goodell's ear to reach a resolution with the NFL officials.

The optimist in me wanted to believe it might have been enough for Kraft to have added motivation to serve as a bridge-builder between the league and its regular officials -- just like he did with players.

PS -

I apologize to all for injectin' political spin into a sports discussion in my earlier post ...man those 1% 's can get me goin' sometimes , and its hard not to see this in part as mega-rich owners vs. middle class refs ( upper /upper middle class to be sure ) and workin' stiff fans .

Political season or not  ...Henceforth I promise to abstain.

My name is Capt. F and I approve of this message .

[/QUOTE]

We understand, by your political views you are one of the 47% sucking up our tax dollars, get a job and stop trolling