KRAFT'S LETTER TO FANS ( The Blowhard Dissected )

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Re: KRAFT'S LETTER TO FANS ( The Blowhard Dissected )

In Response to Re: KRAFT'S LETTER TO FANS ( The Blowhard Dissected ):
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: KRAFT'S LETTER TO FANS ( The Blowhard Dissected ) : I have actually flopped from side to side on this issue but it remains as simple as this... If they want to change the deal, the owners should then open the books!
    Posted by Prophet76[/QUOTE]

Sure, because that's what happens every time I have an annual review; the owners lay their books right out in front of me so I can decide if I'm getting enough of their money.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]NFL / Players Feud ( RECAP For Dummies ) 1) Owners pee on players heads  ( Opt out of CBA in 2008 ) 2) They tell the players it's raining  ( Cry poor ) 3) Players question why rain smells like urine    ( Show us the books ) 4) The local weatherman shows up and declares the only moisture Doppler showed at the time of the incident was from the owners loaded bladders  ( Fed Judge rules against Owners for TV money "rainy day" fund ) 5) Owners throw players a scratchy towel and say "Wipe your faces and lets move on "     ( Give players an eleventh hour deal and then feign indignation when players instead opt for hitting the showers ) Personally I hold little simpathy for the Players either  ( I don't believe they should have walked on Friday and using incoming college kids as pawns is hypocritical considering part of the new CBA will be to strip down their salaries )   I get it that there are no completely innocent participants in this conflict , only verying degress of culpability , of which I count us fans as well .    The owners/players were ready for this fight ...but I get the sense that us fans were living in denial .    We probably should have let the owners know after they opted out in 2008 , that if a new deal wasn't in place by the time 2010 season ticket renewels were due ...  We might just form a NFL FANS UNION and boycot pre-paying for season tix until they could garentee they would be played.    Now as it stands , there isnt a whole lot us fans can collectively do right now ... except continue to voice our displeasure. Who out there has enough guts to NOT renew their seats now ? Or even just Boycot a game or two ?       We NEED our NFL fix...and they know it.
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro[/QUOTE]

Good post! That actually makes a lot of sense!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

the owners were sharing their fountain of wizzdom. Trickle down economics.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KRAFT'S LETTER TO FANS ( The Blowhard Dissected ) : C'mon Rusty . . . you can't possibly swallow corporate spin that easily and say it tastes good too, can you?
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

Come on, prolate!  Are you then swallowing the player's rhetoric?  Both sides are spinning this whole thing.  The players only care about ONE thing..  EARN as much money as they can.  The Owners also want to earn as much money as they can, but, they want to GROW their business, too.  The players only want to grow their revenue share regardless of how it impacts the business of football.  Both sides are greedy to the detriment of the fans!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

[QUOTE]I disagree. The owners do not need to open their books. Go open a business one day and then open the books to the employees when they ask you. I bet you lunch the books stay closed. It's none of their business! They're asking the players to give back millions of dollars by claiming that they are losing money.  You're saying the players union doesn't have a right to say "prove it"? 
    Posted by 123meg[/QUOTE]

Prove it with other ways. Make a better case. The players can play or be replaced. I am not being a d!ck just saying......try owning a business and have the employees, some very good and some very poor ask you to open your books. It's insulting.

Now having said that, I have employees that have worked with me (notice I did not say for me) for many years. I hope, assume, I treat them well since they are still with me. Employees are the very KEY to a great business and should be treated as such, but when they want to act like an owner (look at the books) then they can help pay the bills and take on some risk.

If Kraft opens his books and then in a few years things get worse, then the players can help cover the loses. Cool with that? Players will never agree to that, they only want the upside.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

So, thehub...

I take it you are a business owner by your last.  So, as an employee of yours, if I approach you for a raise and you claim you can't afford the raise I desire, you'd be OK with my asking to see your books so I can see for myself why you can't give me a raise, and at the same time, see how much you make.  You'd be good with that?  I seriously doubt that. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

maybe players should start their own league. Call it the freedom league or the players' league or something. Or apeterson can name it the emancipation league.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

[QUOTE]So, tThehub... I take it you are a business owner by your last.  So, as an employee of yours, if I approach you for a raise and you claim you can't afford the raise I desire, you'd be OK with my asking to see your books so I can see for myself why you can't give me a raise, and at the same time, see how much you make.  You'd be good with that?  I seriously doubt that. 
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

agcsbill

Either I can't express my point very well or yuo did not read my post very well.

I am with the owners on this one. The books are off limits. The players only want the upside, the books look good pay me more, the books look bad.....too bad keep me at my current, how dare you cut my pay.

If you worked for me and wanted a raise, assume sales, I would create a pay plan with a win win upside for both of us. Perhaps, even some share expences (marketing?) so we can both have some skin in the game. if yuo are willing to take some risk with me, I am will to share more of the pie. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]maybe players should start their own league. Call it the freedom league or the players' league or something. Or apeterson can name it the emancipation league.
    Posted by arodrambone[/QUOTE]

I doubt the players want the headache of having to "share" revenue with a demanding group of players who want to see their books.  It is much easier being a player who can demand guaranteed contracts and not worry about the revenue that needs to be generated to pay that contract.  That is an "owner's" problem.  If player's wanted to be owners, they'd partner and not demand. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

.Its not manson its ted bundy

It eerily looks like Jeff Gordon.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsgirl6. Show patsgirl6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KRAFT'S LETTER TO FANS ( The Blowhard Dissected ) : Well, prolate thinks you are dumb.  Didn't you hear?
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

I dont care. I printed it out and show everyone who will read it. I think its funny. Thank you!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KRAFT'S LETTER TO FANS ( The Blowhard Dissected ) : Good post! That actually makes a lot of sense!
    Posted by Rodimus77[/QUOTE]

i actually like this one too

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

I'm a long time season ticket holder and a big supporter of Bob Kraft but I think the original post is funny and pretty much on the mark.  Kraft can go a little too long on the propaganda at times, and this just one example, but he can certainly be forgiven because of the many great things he has done for us ticket holders (too many to list here).  Personally I don't mind sending in the check next week because in the end great football will be played in Foxboro and we'll all be fine. 

I hope the players get what they need but if not, they should do something else.  Just like the rest of us.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]I'm a long time season ticket holder and a big supporter of Bob Kraft but I think the original post is funny and pretty much on the mark.  Kraft can go a little too long on the propaganda at times, and this just one example, but he can certainly be forgiven because of the many great things he has done for us ticket holders (too many to list here).  Personally I don't mind sending in the check next week because in the end great football will be played in Foxboro and we'll all be fine.  I hope the players get what they need but if not, they should do something else.  Just like the rest of us.
    Posted by jimijazz[/QUOTE]

I agree completely with this Jimi.  I'm a season ticket holder too and sometimes when I hear Kraft talk about how wonderful the Pats are for the community I just want to say: "Oh please, get over yourself--it's just a football team."  But I think he's done a fabulous job as an owner and in the end I'm pretty glad to keep buying what he's selling.

So yeah, I sent in my check pretty much the day I got the invoice . . .

(Actually, of course, I paid online using the VISA card I had to get because they don't take anything but VISA . . . which means, of course, that they negotiated a good deal from VISA . . . these guys can't stop making money, can they! )

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I am not a season ticket holder, but extended family have been for over 30 years now.

Anyone complaining about Kraft might want to look around, not only the NFL, but all of pro sports.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KRAFT'S LETTER TO FANS ( The Blowhard Dissected ) : agcsbill Either I can't express my point very well or yuo did not read my post very well. I am with the owners on this one. The books are off limits. The players only want the upside, the books look good pay me more, the books look bad.....too bad keep me at my current, how dare you cut my pay. If you worked for me and wanted a raise, assume sales, I would create a pay plan with a win win upside for both of us. Perhaps, even some share expences (marketing?) so we can both have some skin in the game. if yuo are willing to take some risk with me, I am will to share more of the pie. 
    Posted by thehub[/QUOTE]

I missed your reference about the players would have to be part of the ownership and, therefore, also have the responsiblity to cover losses etc..  Missed that, sorry...  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KRAFT'S LETTER TO FANS ( The Blowhard Dissected ) : I disagree. The owners do not need to open their books. Go open a business one day and then open the books to the employees when they ask you. I bet you lunch the books stay closed. It's none of their business! Posted by thehub[/QUOTE] This is the thing that everyone who hops on the players backs seems to be missing... This is not your average employee based business; this is not you going into your boss’s office and asking what he makes a week while asking for a raise! The players are not salesman, clerical support, or builders of a tangible product. As I said previously, they are the product. The NFL is a collective... aka PARTNERSHIP ! If one side of the partnership (the owners) states they need to be better accommodated financially and backs out of the original agreement, of course the other side of the partnership (the players) is going to want proof as to why they want increased accommodations. So you are wrong… IT IS THEIR BUSINESS as they are a part of it!!!   Before you start to say the players are compensated well enough already and use it as a basis of your argument, think about what Goodell is making. Put it this way, he can afford the dollar a week pay cut as he made $10,000,000 last year! The NFL is the healthiest financially as it has ever been! If by chance this actually gets to court I'm  guaranteeing they rule in favor of the players.
    Posted by Prophet76[/QUOTE]

It's not really a partnership when the players aren't working as partners, though.

The reality is, the owners handed them a great deal in 2006 because they could. So, they did.

They were happy to reward the players with a deal that they liked.

Then, 2007 hit, the aftereffects of Katrina, lack of job creation, and obviously the housing disaster and you know, Wall Street, blew up.

All these things have an effect on the kind of investment that is the NFL, a massive corporate enterprise.

I don't know one company, one person, who was not adversely affected by 2007/2008.

The landscape changed. 

The owners would have preferred NOT to opt out. It's not like they enjoy spending money with their own lawyers here, but  they have to watch out for themselves as well.

The structure of the deal inhibited the kind of returns they WOULD have normally seen, if the economy hadn't tanked.

What is your opinion of the economic meltdown of 2007/2008 and its after-effects?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

The Owners should just say, give us the 2 Billion then anything over 10 billion income they'll be a profit sharing plan. 50/50. Provided that half of that goes to some kind of a retirement plan for players and a health care plan. The other half of their 50% gets divided EQUALLY between all 53 players on each team.
    That will make that practice squad player actually matter.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I don't think the books are cooked at all.  That's quite a claim#1, and #2, why on earth would the NFL, of all institutions, do that?

I also believe the owners showed them the books or at least the relevant parts that illustrate why there is a lockout.  The NFL said they opened up the books to show context, but apparently the union wants to see more.

I think this is the union's way to push the matter further so they can use as much leverage as they can use to get what they want. It will fail.

If it's not the books opened or 60% of the pot, it will be something else tomorrow to get away from the negotiating table.   They don't like the opt-out. That's the bottom line.

They need to get over it. The opt-out clause was in there in case problems arose, and boy did they ever.

The issue is the money made in the last two seasons, where the owners have set aside cash, in fear their decision to opt out might cause this situation.

They were right. That money would go right back into formula of the new CBA like they proposed, if the union would just use its head here.

The players feel that money should be included as part of what the owners made, but what the players aren't getting, in my opinion, is that the return/expected return when the deal was done in 2006, is not anywhere remotely close to the projection.

And considering the pot is shared, you have to look at all the teams and owners as a whole when discussing this.

The Cowboys, Patriots, Steelers, Giants, Bears, etc, the big, successful markets with new stadiums and successes, aren't the norm.

If the players are truly partners, they need to look outside the box they are in.

They are mad (and I understand) that their deal won't be as good or growing more in the next few years.

Join the reality club, players.  

You want greasing pockets, look no further than the player's union, dude.  Everyday this is dragged out and when it goes into court, the more money the union lawyers make.

See DeMaurice Smith for questions about that. I thought it was funny he took now questions at his press conference, too.

As for operatiing costs to grow, you'd have to ask Goodell. I doubt they want that information publicized, but in my opinion, they want strong markets and they feel Europe is where it will be.

One of the reasons, if not the lone reason why Goodell overreacted with Spygate, is because NE is a huge selling point to teams over in Europe.

Recent dynasty, success story, etc. He was ticked off negative light was brought to the league by one of, if not the preeminent franchise model. W eknow it was more of a witch hunt scenario, but the media had it by the balls, and it was too late, so he lashed out in anger towards BB.

I think Europe is a lost cause now and probably forever due to soccer, but maybe Buffalo gets a new stadium or plays in Toronto at the Sky Dome and the owner of Jax sells or moves the team to LA to generate more revenue.

It's in the players' best interest to see the league grow. 

Just start it off at 55 and 45, and then every 3 years move it up to 56, then 57.

If the league hits a certain level, use another formula and be more aggressive. But, the players need to be rational.

Everything is negotiable,  but the 60% thing has proven to be too high/aggressive, in my opinion.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KRAFT'S LETTER TO FANS ( The Blowhard Dissected ) : I dont care. I printed it out and show everyone who will read it. I think its funny. Thank you!
    Posted by patsgirl6[/QUOTE]

Tanx u patsgirl6 ...

Not sure that the letter is exactly print worthy , but nice to know u enjoyed it .

I enjoy reading your comments as well .

Kraft is a great owner and as owners go ~ he actually seems like a pretty decent guy too 
    ( I only called him a blowhard in the header for affect )

In fact , I wouldnt be surprised if he got more of a kick out of my parody letter than most of the posters here .