Kravitz, Indy Star, picks Brady.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Kravitz, Indy Star, picks Brady.

Interesting article by Kravitz. He picks Brady over Manning as the best quarterback. He gives all the reasons we (on the message board) have been stating since this debate began. In fact, he points out, as we have, that Manning plays in a dome 50% of the time, HMMM wonder if they'll try to run him out of town.  Here's the link

http://www.indystar.com/article/20101121/SPORTS03/11210353/1100

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Kravitz, Indy Star, picks Brady.

In Response to Kravitz, Indy Star, picks Brady.:
    [QUOTE]Interesting article by Kravitz. He picks Brady over Manning as the best quarterback. He gives all the reasons we (on the message board) have been stating since this debate began. In fact, he points out, as we have, that Manning plays in a dome 50% of the time, HMMM wonder if they'll try to run him out of town.  Here's the link http://www.indystar.com/article/20101121/SPORTS03/11210353/1100
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

Gamer...this article is a must read for my pal Indylove, a/k/a Underdog(gggg)...LOL!!! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

I wonder what Foreheads record would be if was in bad weather division? Did you know Indianapolis is in the South ppft.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

The debate was over in last year's SB, but it ended again tonight.

We saw why Brady is superior. No Ints.

Manning with 3 costly ones.

Can we just agree he is a different QB outdoors and in less than perfect weather?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ColtsPacersFan1. Show ColtsPacersFan1's posts

the debate is really Manning vs Belichick.  brady is a good qb, but its belichick behind the pats success (reference 11-5 led cassell team).

kravitz is a tool.

it would be scary if belichick coached manning.  those two on the same sidelines would be invincible.

Manning is the better qb.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

Indi fans are still pulling the Manning does more with less line of thought. I NEED ONE PERSON TO EXPlAIN THIS TO ME!!!  HOW!

Brady has had different receivers prettty much each year.(remember Caldwell, Stallworth, to many to name)
    Brady has lost more coordinators and position coaches yearly
    How many different running backs have the pats had.

and just for giggles lets include Climate controlled dome and warm(er) weather locals.   oh this must be the answer, Manning does more with LESS WEATHER related conditions.. that must be what they are referring to. 

There is very little consistancy on the Pats year to year other than Brady. Hell just look at our defense...

HOW does Manning do more with less?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Ahh Nope. Brady is better in the clutch, and is a better teammate.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

I don't disagree with the article's content, but Bob Kravitz is to Indy what Ron Borges is to New England...a guy who loves to stir the pot to p!zz off the home town fandom.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from l52094. Show l52094's posts

Kravitz addresses the 11-5 Cassell argument you make and says -

"Yeah, but the year Brady was out with an injury, the Patriots still went 11-5. If the Colts lost Manning, they'd win four games."

All that tells us is that Matt Cassel, now a starting quarterback in Kansas City, was and is a whole lot better than Jim Sorgi and Curtis Painter put together. You don't think a Cassel-quality backup could come off the bench in Indianapolis and win games with all those Pro Bowlers on both sides of the football? We're going to diminish Brady because his team was smart enough to get him a solid backup?

http://www.indystar.com/article/20101121/SPORTS03/11210353/Kravitz-Web-voters-favor-Colts-Manning-I-say-Brady?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Colts

I think he makes a great point.  The Cassell argument is very weak.  Cassell was/is a good QB - that is all.  Manning has a habit of throwing game ending interceptions sometimes like yesterday and in, god help Colts fans, the SB.  Both are great QBs.  I'm not sure one is better than the other - but I'll take Brady.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

11-5 is not that great even considering what Cassel did.  NE probably would have gine 14-2, 15-1 or even 16-0 with Brady in 2008.

They had an easier schedule.

So, that's like 4 or 5 wins Brady is better than Cassel with.

The bottom line is, Brady only had Pro Bowl toys like Manning has always had, for 2 years and one of those years was when he was coming off a blown out leg.

Indy fans can stop now.   Manning is great indoors and in the regular season and there is nothing wrong with that.

Brady />Manning

The stats tell us one thing, the games tell us another.

Thanks for playing today, Dolt fans.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Kravitz, Indy Star, picks Brady.:
    [QUOTE]the debate is really Manning vs Belichick.  brady is a good qb, but its belichick behind the pats success (reference 11-5 led cassell team). kravitz is a tool. it would be scary if belichick coached manning.  those two on the same sidelines would be invincible. Manning is the better qb.
    Posted by ColtsPacersFan1[/QUOTE]

Not really sure what BB could do about Manning throwing games away. 

Not really sure what he had to do with Brady carving the Steelers and Colts (two biggest games of the season with playoffs on the line) for 536 yards, 5 TDs a 73 completion percent, and 5 TDs with a cast of no-name recievers and rookies.

Belichik has maximized an porous secondary, keeping the worst passing defense in the league from hurting the team too much.

Brady is the NFL MVP right now. You can't do more with less than what he is doing right now. And if anyone else were the QB of this team they are likely a .500 team or worse.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ColtsPacersFan1. Show ColtsPacersFan1's posts

same old boring argument.. manning has had better wr's blah blah.  manning made 87, 88, 44 into HOF players.  he has made Collie a 4th round wr look like a probowler this season before the injury. 

most impressive is this.. 18 makes an offensive line made up of mainly FA's look respectable. 

say whatever you want, Manning has had the wrs', but his offensive line and defenses over the years have been average at best.  whereas brady has not had the HOF wr's, he has had one helluva a solid offensive line, and great defenses.

take off the homer glasses.  they are both great qbs, but its belichick who deserves the credit.  do i think belichick cheated in 03, 04 and perhaps gained a few extra wins during the regular season to earn HF advantage, and instead of playing in the RCA dome, were playing at NE, yes i do.  doesnt matter because NFL fans will likely never really know the full story behind it.

to say Brady has not had a good team around him is simply garbage.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Manning throws a better deep ball than Brady. Manning throws more costly passes than Brady, ALA, Brett Favre and his INt's. Other than that the 2 are pretty equally matched talent wise. What difference does it make anyway? I don't care if Brady is the 15th best QB in the league as long as we win Superbowls. I do get the feeling though, that Colts fans would be happy losing as long as they can say Peyton is #1. I'd rather hang my hat on a Lombardi trophy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Explain how BB "cheated".  I have asked your fellow trolls to do this and they can't do it.

Do you hear NE fans complain when we know Indy has their cameras on our team during games?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]same old boring argument.. manning has had better wr's blah blah.  manning made 87, 88, 44 into HOF players.  he has made Collie a 4th round wr look like a probowler this season before the injury.  

Yeah. Manning made Garcon look really good last night when he threw the ball 10 yards past his route into two NE defenders. What would Indy do without Manning?

Manning doesn't make his receivers get open, he doesn't make them fight for YAC, and he certainly doesn't make them have spectacular  fingertip grabs like there were last night.

He does (however) throw three costly picks in the biggest game of  the season for the Colts. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Reche Caldwell
    Jabbar Gaffney

These are not #1 or #2 or #3 receivers on any other decent NFL team, except the 2006 AFC Championship runners-up Patriots.  Gaffney is currently the #3 or #4 receiver on a terrible, underachieving Broncos team.  Caldwell isn't even in the league anymore.  Yes, I'm aware of the Colts' current injury woes, but since the Pats received no sympathy in their loss in that game, neither should the Colts, who STILL HAVE REGGIE WAYNE (potential Hall of Famer) AND PIERRE GARCON (legitimate #2).

And yes, the playoffs ARE more important, and yes, Brady IS better in the playoffs.  Furthermore, Manning might bring more to the table, but he takes a lot off of it at critical times, too.

Forced to pick, I would take Brady under the premise that he does less to hurt my team in the postseason than Manning.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Folks - I love Kravitz.   

Let's be clear here.  Kravitz is on the cusp of some real national media exposure and that has to drive him as much as anything.  It doesn't really matter whether or not he actually believes what he writes.  He's paid to have a take.   

In today's media, your take cannot be just be opinionated.  In order to garner real attention (and this really is the only way for these guys to advance themselves) is to have a controversial opinion. 

Oh - and Russ - the cheating thing has been explained ad nauseum.  You'll probably rest easier if you can simply accept the truth and move on.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from l52094. Show l52094's posts

From ColtsPacersFan1-"same old boring argument.. manning has had better wr's blah blah.  manning made 87, 88, 44 into HOF players.  he has made Collie a 4th round wr look like a probowler this season before the injury."

I don't understand that mentality at all.  It's basically like you root for Manning more than you root for the Colts with statements like that.  It's a team game.  No QB that has ever played the game does what you wrote above-nobody!  Z gets it correct above, Manning does not get separation from defenders, make the great catches or get the YAC.  Those players you don't think have any natural talent do.  Just an absolutely crazy point IMO.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kravitz, Indy Star, picks Brady. : Yeah. Manning made Garcon look really good last night when he threw the ball 10 yards past his route into two  NE defenders. What would Indy do without Manning? Manning doesn't make his receivers get open, he doesn't make them fight for YAC, and he certainly doesn't make them have spectacular  fingertip grabs like there were last night. He does (however) throw three costly picks in the biggest game of  the season for the Colts. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Wow, ZB getting feisty!

Who knew?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Folks - I love Kravitz.    Let's be clear here.  Kravitz is on the cusp of some real national media exposure and that has to drive him as much as anything.  It doesn't really matter whether or not he actually believes what he writes.  He's paid to have a take.    In today's media, your take cannot be just be opinionated.  In order to garner real attention (and this really is the only way for these guys to advance themselves) is to have a controversial opinion.  Oh - and Russ - the cheating thing has been explained ad nauseum.  You'll probably rest easier if you can simply accept the truth and move on.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

No, it hasn't been explained "ad nauseum".

Explain how a different location equates to an advantage in a game.

Explain why cameras on my team is not a perceived advantage, but cameras on yours is.

Thanks.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]Folks - I love Kravitz.    Let's be clear here.  Kravitz is on the cusp of some real national media exposure and that has to drive him as much as anything.  It doesn't really matter whether or not he actually believes what he writes.  He's paid to have a take.    In today's media, your take cannot be just be opinionated.  In order to garner real attention (and this really is the only way for these guys to advance themselves) is to have a controversial opinion.  Oh - and Russ - the cheating thing has been explained ad nauseum.  You'll probably rest easier if you can simply accept the truth and move on.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

hey udg6....glad your back.... howd you like that gomer choke... you must be used to it by now...  hahahahahahahahaha....  you got some tough games coming up startin with sd...

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]same old boring argument.. manning has had better wr's blah blah.  manning made 87, 88, 44 into HOF players.  he has made Collie a 4th round wr look like a probowler this season before the injury.  most impressive is this.. 18 makes an offensive line made up of mainly FA's look respectable.  say whatever you want, Manning has had the wrs', but his offensive line and defenses over the years have been average at best.  whereas brady has not had the HOF wr's, he has had one helluva a solid offensive line, and great defenses. take off the homer glasses.  they are both great qbs, but its belichick who deserves the credit.  do i think belichick cheated in 03, 04 and perhaps gained a few extra wins during the regular season to earn HF advantage, and instead of playing in the RCA dome, were playing at NE, yes i do.  doesnt matter because NFL fans will likely never really know the full story behind it. to say Brady has not had a good team around him is simply garbage.

Which QB plays in the best home environment possible?

Which QB plays in one of the three most inhospitable home environments in the NFL?

Which QB has won more SB's?

Which QB has the winningest record of all-time?

Which two QBs share the league record for consecutive home wins?

Which QB holds the single-season-TD record?

Which QB has the best play-off record?

Which QB has a 16-0 regular season?

Which QB has had more changes of coaches, receivers and running backs over the past nine years?

Which QB has had more turn-over of personel in the front office and coaching positions over the past nine years?

Which QB holds the unofficial consecutive-wins (including post-season) record?

Which QB has more post-season TDs?

Which QB has the better TD:INT post-season ratio?

Which QB has more OT victories?

Which QB has the best record following a loss?

Which QB accomplished many of these streaks or records in spite of a major injury?

Do I need to continue?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from buttgrundle. Show buttgrundle's posts

Funny.  Manning made those receivers good.  Let's look @ the embarassment of riches around him...

1st round picks: Clark, Wayne, Harrison, Gonzalez, Donald Brown, Edgerrin James, Addai.

Generally, an NFL scout will treat the 1st round as "can't miss starting player in the NFL."  And they've routinely spent 1st round picks on offense, completely ignoring a defense that probably needed it a little more @ times.  Why?  So Drool Cup the Forehead King could have unlimited toys @ his disposal.  Hard to believe one dude made SEVEN first round picks into good players when they otherwise woulda been complete crap. 

One of the many differences with Brady is that he doesn't need a franchise catering to his side of the ball.  He just needs a few guys with jerseys, and the rest is history.  This theory has been proven time and time again.  When his WRs leave New England, they find out how great he was.  Givens, Branch, Gaffney, Caldwell, and to a degree....Moss.  None have done jack since leaving TB12.  And one was smart enough to get back.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I am not a fan of NE or Indy and as far as I can see, Brady is the QB that I would take if I had to win one game. Brady rarely if ever beats himself. He reminds me of Montana in that respect and I believe Montana was the greatest ever. How the Pats got him with that draft pick is beyond me. Was he even on anyone else's depth chart that draft?

This is why NE has dominated this last decade - they have had the best coach and best QB in the game. I have hated it, but I respect it.

Sections
Shortcuts