Kravitz, Indy Star, picks Brady.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Kravitz, Indy Star, picks Brady.

The argument that Manning makes chicken salad out of chicken sh-1t really works more for Brady than Manning and the other NE fans who have posted here have made that point quite well. 

Manning has played in a pass friendly environment since he entered the league that now includes 9 regular season games in a dome (Houston), has had the benefit of throwing to extraordinary wide receivers and a world class tight end/H-back. 

Manning is a great QB who probably throws the best deep ball ever.  To suggest however that overall he is better than Tom Brady simply makes no sense when one looks at the facts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

In Response to Re: Kravitz, Indy Star, picks Brady.:
    I am not a fan of NE or Indy and as far as I can see, Brady is the QB that I would take if I had to win one game. Brady rarely if ever beats himself. He reminds me of Montana in that respect and I believe Montana was the greatest ever. How the Pats got him with that draft pick is beyond me. Was he even on anyone else's depth chart that draft? This is why NE has dominated this last decade - they have had the best coach and best QB in the game. I have hated it, but I respect it.
    Posted by jesseyeric

just because you live in jersey doesnt mean you have to stay in your current perdicament, of which there in no possible hope for a positive outcome...you can obviously see the writing on the wall and some of your other posts indicate you have reached this conclusion as well...subliminally

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

the debate is really Manning vs Belichick.  brady is a good qb, but its belichick behind the pats success (reference 11-5 led cassell team). kravitz is a tool. it would be scary if belichick coached manning.  those two on the same sidelines would be invincible. Manning is the better qb.
    Posted by ColtsPacersFan1

I didn't know BB plays in the game.  So, the performance of the players mean nothing, based on your comments?  Look at the article by NFL Player X in ESPN the Magazine..  he basically says that all the coaching and game plans in the world would not work if not for the personnel on a team who can carry out the game plan.  If you DO NOT have GOOD PLAYERS, your game plan would not work, period.  In Player X's words..  "Brady has made Weis and Belichick look like gurus."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Kravitz, Indy Star, picks Brady. : No, it hasn't been explained "ad nauseum". Explain how a different location equates to an advantage in a game. Explain why cameras on my team is not a perceived advantage, but cameras on yours is. Thanks.
    Posted by BBReigns

Done it more than enough kiddo.  and specifically responded to you. 

pretty simple, really.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

The argument that Manning makes chicken salad out of chicken sh-1t really works more for Brady than Manning and the other NE fans who have posted here have made that point quite well.  Manning has played in a pass friendly environment since he entered the league that now includes 9 regular season games in a dome (Houston), has had the benefit of throwing to extraordinary wide receivers and a world class tight end/H-back.  Manning is a great QB who probably throws the best deep ball ever.  To suggest however that overall he is better than Tom Brady simply makes no sense when one looks at the facts.
    Posted by ATJ

Watch it! Bubbly will accuse you of passing your opinion off as "fact"!

haha

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Kravitz, Indy Star, picks Brady. : Done it more than enough kiddo.  and specifically responded to you.  pretty simple, really.
    Posted by UD6

Umm, no you haven't. You just think you have.  Distance, angle or location is not an advantage. Your team filmed mine.  They filmed last night if they wanted to.

It's a violation of one of the portions of the rule, but it provides no advantage.

Pretty simple, really.

lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

CUT THE CRAP! PEYTON DOES NOT MAKE HIS WRs! THE ONLY ONE I CAN THINK OF THAT WAS A NO NAME IN COLLEGE BEFORE HE GOT TO THE PROS IN COLLEGE WAS PIERRE GARCON! I NEVER HEARD OF THE GUY BEFORE HE PLAYED LAST YEAR!

WAYNE WAS A FREAK AT THE U! That's why Polian drafted him in round 1. Like Polian or not, he's a good drafter. He wouldn't have drafted a WR so high if he didn't think it was worth it!

Harrison was a freak in college! 

Austin Collie, the new WR that Peyton Manning "made". Collie was, statistically, the second best WR in the 2008 draft. He was second in nearly every receiving category only behind Michael Crabtree. You might want to get your facts straight, I know Collie. You can't pull a bullsh*t on me when it comes to that guy. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Add Dallas Clark to the mix as well. He was well known as a great TE in college. Guess what, SO WAS TAMME! 

Polian built the Colts into what they are today. He drafted Peyton and all his other offensive toys. Without Polian, Peyton would still be a damn good QB, but the talks of making his WRs or being the GOAT would not be happening. Polian is just a great drafter. Ask him about Ryan Leaf. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CORRADJ. Show CORRADJ's posts

Indi fans are still pulling the Manning does more with less line of thought. I NEED ONE PERSON TO EXPlAIN THIS TO ME!!!  HOW! Brady has had different receivers prettty much each year.(remember Caldwell, Stallworth, to many to name) Brady has lost more coordinators and position coaches yearly How many different running backs have the pats had. and just for giggles lets include Climate controlled dome and warm(er) weather locals.   oh this must be the answer, Manning does more with LESS WEATHER related conditions.. that must be what they are referring to.  There is very little consistancy on the Pats year to year other than Brady. Hell just look at our defense... HOW does Manning do more with less?
    Posted by ASO9771

I heard this argument many times on TV yesterday about how Manning has absolutely nothing to work with and I was very puzzled by this. Correct me if I'm wrong, but his long time #1 WR was playing, as was his #2 (Garcon). The fact that Garcon didn't play well is irrelevant. The fact is, he had his two top WRs and his #2 RB on offense. The Pats don't even have a #1 WR. No Moss, no Faulk, no Taylor.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

The media, for some reason, lies outright and is just obsessed with Manning.

How funny is this that Brady's #1 in 2006 was Reche Caldwell?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

The media, for some reason, lies outright and is just obsessed with Manning. How funny is this that Brady's #1 in 2006 was Reche Caldwell?
    Posted by BBReigns

considering how things ended that year?  Not too funny

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Speak to Polian and the Colts fans who think they dominated NE in that title game with conconcted calls left and right.

"Faceguarding"

lol!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

actually, i work on forgetting it.  doctor's orders and all...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

same old boring argument.. manning has had better wr's blah blah.  manning made 87, 88, 44 into HOF players.  he has made Collie a 4th round wr look like a probowler this season before the injury.  most impressive is this.. 18 makes an offensive line made up of mainly FA's look respectable.  say whatever you want, Manning has had the wrs', but his offensive line and defenses over the years have been average at best.  whereas brady has not had the HOF wr's, he has had one helluva a solid offensive line, and great defenses. take off the homer glasses.  they are both great qbs, but its belichick who deserves the credit.  do i think belichick cheated in 03, 04 and perhaps gained a few extra wins during the regular season to earn HF advantage, and instead of playing in the RCA dome, were playing at NE, yes i do.  doesnt matter because NFL fans will likely never really know the full story behind it. to say Brady has not had a good team around him is simply garbage.

blablabla
    sure we don't know how everything else around them factors in. all in all, though, you can only conclude either of these...
    /> the first rounder, greatest qb of all, is an underachiever for winning only one so far despite all the mvp awards, or
    /> the sixth rounder qb is an overachiever for having led his team to the most championships , of any active qb

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ColtsPacersFan1. Show ColtsPacersFan1's posts

Explain how BB "cheated".  Posted by BBReigns

im not trolling, i came over here to see pats fans opinions on this game.  thats about the extent of it.

the pats cheated because the NFL ruled they did.  fined a first round draft pick, and cash.  if the pats were innocent then no fines would have been given out.  pretty simple to understand if you ask me.  if the pats had a problem with it, they shoulda appealed to the league, im not the one who decided their fate, it was the NFL.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]same old boring argument.. manning has had better wr's blah blah.  manning made 87, 88, 44 into HOF players.  he has made Collie a 4th round wr look like a probowler this season before the injury.  most impressive is this.. 18 makes an offensive line made up of mainly FA's look respectable.  say whatever you want, Manning has had the wrs', but his offensive line and defenses over the years have been average at best.  whereas brady has not had the HOF wr's, he has had one helluva a solid offensive line, and great defenses. take off the homer glasses.  they are both great qbs, but its belichick who deserves the credit.  do i think belichick cheated in 03, 04 and perhaps gained a few extra wins during the regular season to earn HF advantage, and instead of playing in the RCA dome, were playing at NE, yes i do.  doesnt matter because NFL fans will likely never really know the full story behind it. to say Brady has not had a good team around him is simply garbage.
    Posted by ColtsPacersFan1[/QUOTE

Lets assume for a minute that everything you say is true...Brady given these circumstances would still come up with a win. Egghead, a big, fat zero. If Egghead is so clutch, please explain to me how when a game is on the line, he continues to blow up and throw interceptions? Did last year in the SB, did it last night against the Pats, has done it so many times, it's almost too many to name. 
    Egghead might have better stats, might be more accurate, might be the best QB to ever play the game (not my opinion, but perhaps Phil Simms), but he like Favre is a class A choker. When the game is on the line and you need a win, I take Brady over Egghead 100% of the time. We've been to 4, won 3, you've been to 2, won 1. Explain that genius. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Also, Egghead isn't as good outside the dome.  That's a fact that Colts fans have a hard time hearing.

He's more prone to throwing INTs to lose games outdoors.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ColtsPacersFan1. Show ColtsPacersFan1's posts

In Response to Re: Kravitz, Indy Star, picks Brady. : Yeah. Manning made Garcon look really good last night when he threw the ball 10 yards past his route into two  NE defenders. What would Indy do without Manning? Manning doesn't make his receivers get open, he doesn't make them fight for YAC, and he certainly doesn't make them have spectacular  fingertip grabs like there were last night. He does (however) throw three costly picks in the biggest game of  the season for the Colts. 
    Posted by zbellino

maybe not, but what he does do is get the offense into the right play call based on what the defense is giving.. he confuses the heck out of d's, and makes them show their hand immediately, rarely allows substitutions, and generally calls the perfect audibles.

im not one to get into the brady vs manning debate, its pointless until these two players careers are over.  look at what wrs have done before and after playing with manning.  stokely for example, a 1000 yard wr, then goes to denver and is unheard of again.

im not naive enough to believe its all manning,  however the colts are a championship contender every year because of him,  you cannot deny the guy who is a 4 time mvp his due respect. 

you all can say that if brady had mannings weapons he would be this and that.. well if manning had bradys offensive line, and defense from past patriot teams manning would be putting up unheard of statistics.

seriously, switch offensive lines and brady would not last 6 games.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Also, Egghead isn't as good outside the dome.  That's a fact that Colts fans have a hard time hearing. He's more prone to throwing INTs to lose games outdoors.
    Posted by BBReigns

Maybe someone needs to pipe it in the loud speakers so they hear it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

same old boring argument.. manning has had better wr's blah blah.  manning made 87, 88, 44 into HOF players.  he has made Collie a 4th round wr look like a probowler this season before the injury.  most impressive is this.. 18 makes an offensive line made up of mainly FA's look respectable.  say whatever you want, Manning has had the wrs', but his offensive line and defenses over the years have been average at best.  whereas brady has not had the HOF wr's, he has had one helluva a solid offensive line, and great defenses. take off the homer glasses.  they are both great qbs, but its belichick who deserves the credit.  do i think belichick cheated in 03, 04 and perhaps gained a few extra wins during the regular season to earn HF advantage, and instead of playing in the RCA dome, were playing at NE, yes i do.  doesnt matter because NFL fans will likely never really know the full story behind it. to say Brady has not had a good team around him is simply garbage.

So.... Collie is a 4th rounder?

Welker was undrafted and an average player in Miami and Woodhead undrafted and cut by Jets

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Kravitz, Indy Star, picks Brady. : maybe not, but what he does do is get the offense into the right play call based on what the defense is giving.. he confuses the heck out of d's, and makes them show their hand immediately, rarely allows substitutions, and generally calls the perfect audibles.

Child, please . . .

Two of Manning's three interceptions last night were a direct result of the defense confusing him. He admitted as much himself in his post-game comments (a rarity in itself). This notion that defenses implode upon themselves at the very idea of Peyton's mysterious audibling skill is a media hype. You may or may not be aware that quite a bit of Manning's pre-snap histrionics are nothing at all, but merely designed to make the defense second-guess itself . . .  which Belichick defenses do not do.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

the debate is really Manning vs Belichick.  brady is a good qb, but its belichick behind the pats success (reference 11-5 led cassell team). kravitz is a tool. it would be scary if belichick coached manning.  those two on the same sidelines would be invincible. Manning is the better qb.

reference "easiest schedule in Free Agency era"..

23. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts