Kubiak Fired

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Kubiak Fired

I never understood the point of firing a coach midseason.  It just opens you up to an assistant potentially winning a few games and then there being pressure to make said assistant the HC even if he isn't the best guy for the job.  Granted there is a snowball's chance in hell that happens with Wade, but I still think it's pointless.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I think they'll try and turn this into Sumlin/Manziel.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

Agree with you guys, it's not like the Texans were winning while Gary was out. Pointless and lame.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Did you see how that team played last night?  All those penalties?  That is not on Kubiak as he is not the one on the field.  Players don't suck up and the coach gets fired.  Of course, they'll win next week and then everyone will say it was Kubiak!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Wow

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

They have a talented team, with a new QB and a New HC they could return to the fight in AFC South. 

Houston situation proves that if you have a very good team, without a good QB you don`t win in the NFL, but if you have a team that is below average, with a very good QB you can win in the NFL. FACT

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

A pointless and classless move.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Did you see how that team played last night?  All those penalties?  That is not on Kubiak as he is not the one on the field.

Poor discipline is a reflection on the coach.  Houston has been one of the more penalized teams in the NFL under Kubiak.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

The team was horrendous until Kubiak turned them around and he was an elite QB away from being a superbowl team. Pretty sad to me, I really don't blame a coach if the QB that looked pretty great turns into a head case and regresses at an unbelieveable rate. He's leaving a very good team in Houston they were lucky to have him

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They have a talented team, with a new QB and a New HC they could return to the fight in AFC South. 

Houston situation proves that if you have a very good team, without a good QB you don`t win in the NFL, but if you have a team that is below average, with a very good QB you can win in the NFL. FACT

[/QUOTE]

They do, but the problem is their depth of that talent. Their roster is very top heavy. That's why an injury to a Cushing or a Foster sends them into a tailspin.

COmpare our inuries and our roster depth/teambuilding approach to theirs. Kubiak was not  good coach, IMO, but that's not their main problem.

They will never get to a SB and win one without a better teambuild.

[/QUOTE]

I got your point, in the NFL you must have depth, because injuries are very probable, and if you lose one of your top players you can`t win, a good coach must have depth to overcome the injuries and keep the team winning , that`s what happens in New England, even without our top weapons in the offense( Gronk before he retuned) and loosing Mayo, Wilfork, Kelly,(Gregory, Talib, Dennard for a short time) we sitll could win, great job by BB, and having a great QB like Brady helps, but you have to give a lot of credit to our coach.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

better for him tho, his health isn't that good right now, why deal with more stress.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

IMO snts not all about talent and depth somtimes yes ,but look at the 2001 pats it was heart and loved to play the game no matter wh they were making!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A pointless and classless move.

[/QUOTE]

I disagree, one of the few preseason favorites in the AFC has lost 11 consecutive games including two to the woeful Jaguars. Change is needed in Houston, tough break for Kubiak but that's the biz.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Poor discipline is a reflection on the coach.  Houston has been one of the more penalized teams in the NFL under Kubiak.

It's Week 14...not mid-season. But you're right...it does seem kind of pointless to fire Kubiak now.

You're right about poor discipline is a reflection on this coach, who has clearly "lost" his team. They'll let DC Wade Phillips handle the team for the rest of the season. The number of yards in penalties against the Texans last night were the most of any NFL team, in any game, since 2001. Losing for a second time to the lowly Jacksonville Jaguars, in the fashion that the team lost, was more than the Houston owner, Bob McNair, could stand.

Fans down here are livid. The Texans have become the Jets of the Southwest.  

The Texans set a team record with 14 penalties for 177 yards. They had 10 for 115 in the first half.

Rookie receiver DeAndre Hopkins had a 15-yard unnecessary roughness penalty for swinging at cornerback Alan Ball, a former Texan.

Rookie safety D.J. Swearinger was called for two penalties, including a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for taunting the Jaguars after they failed to complete a third-down pass.

Coach Gary Kubiak called the penalties “inexcusable.”

Swearinger called it a “learning experience” for him.

Running back Ben Tate, who carried 14 times for 53 yards, said the record number of penalties for record yardage showed a lack of discipline.

“Wow,” he said. “I didn’t know we had that many.”: http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/12/texans-set-new-penalty-record-in-loss-to-jags/

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's Week 14...not mid-season.

You're right...poor discipline is a reflection on this coach, who has clearly "lost" his team. They'll let DC Wade Phillips handle the team for the rest of the season. The number of yards in penalties against the Texans last night were the most of any NFL team, in any game, since 2001. Losing for a second time to the lowly Jacksonville Jaguars, in the fashion that the team lost, was more than the Houston owner, Bob McNair, could stand.

Fans down here are livid. The Texans have become the Jets of the Southwest.  

[/QUOTE]

Well, they've had one or two good seasons in their franchise history! Its not like they were a model franchise or anything.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

It gives them the option to have talks with any college coach first,  I wonder if they have someone in mind. Wade Phillips won't cut it. To the crys for cower and Chuckie start to go up in volume. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It gives them the option to have talks with any college coach first,  I wonder if they have someone in mind. Wade Phillips won't cut it. To the crys for cower and Chuckie start to go up in volume. 

[/QUOTE]

Nick Saban?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I never understood the point of firing a coach midseason.  It just opens you up to an assistant potentially winning a few games and then there being pressure to make said assistant the HC even if he isn't the best guy for the job.  Granted there is a snowball's chance in hell that happens with Wade, but I still think it's pointless.

[/QUOTE]

Phillips is getting an interview to be the permanent head coach. lol

Unreal.  I blame it all on Ed Reed. lmao

They need to can that crapball GM who doesn't understand teambuilding and salary allocation. Look at the players they've lost in recent years due to poor cap allocation (Winstone, Barwin, Quin, etc).

I realize Arian Foster is a stud RB, but he should have traded him, fleeced whoever, and then just turned it over to Ben Tate and some other draft pick prospect or something.

To me, an RB stud like a Peterson, Chris Johnson, Foster, etc, is a suicide to a team.  You end up being forced to pay a ton and it can really skew your formula.  WR and RB may be sexy positions, but the key is not to pay for them.

The QB, you kind of have to pay now, which makes the drafting and player development that much more important.

You pay Ed Reed 6 million out of desperation and to drum up excitement, but your player development and salary allocation has been poor overall off the lockout.

I think last year was their best team and now it's going to take a turn for the worse. They should sell off their best players, get a legit GM in there and figure out what coach they want to pay.

You gotta pay for a coach in this league.  KC finally just did it.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, firing Kubiak after his stroke with so few games left in the season is a bit strange and not quite within the Holiday Spirit is it?

I also agree especially on overpaying for players.  Look at Buffalo.  They signed Mario Williams away from (ironically), Houston for 80 Killgillian Dollars and that got them nowhere.  And how bout them Redskins who have a strong track record for overpaying players.  Lot's of good that's done for them. 

I think the ghost of Adailus Thomas will always be haunting BB.   So with very few exceptions ie, Ocho etc, it's been devlop their own "stars" and keep them as long as it makes sense financially.  Otherwise they are gone.  The team makes up for this by attracting and paying a little more for 2's and 3's in an attempt to keep reserves stronger.  This has been and will continue to be a winning combination. 

I don't know if other teams do this but the Pats also pay some of their Practice Squad Players at a rate of 60% over the Minimum required in an attempt to further strengthen their reserves. 

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think they'll try and turn this into Sumlin/Manziel.

[/QUOTE]

Manziel is definitely a possibility, but Sumlin signed a six year extension about a week ago. Third highest paid coach in CFB now, behind Saban and Mack Brown. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Apparently, Texans' owner Bob NcNair made the decision to axe Kubiak on his plane ride back from Jacksonville:

Eleven consecutive losses were finally too much. So were the franchise record 177 penalty yards. And getting swept this season by a lesser Jacksonville team.

Texans owner Bob McNair said he wanted to let Gary Kubiak remain as the Texans’ coach and eventually retire from the NFL in Houston. But the 2-11 Texans have been the biggest disappointment in the league this year, and McNair said he finally pulled the trigger on a plane ride back from Jacksonville, Fla., where the Texans were embarrassed in a 27-20 loss to the Jaguars on Thursday on national primetime TV.

“The last straw was losing,” McNair said. “We’ve got a lot more talent than Jacksonville. But they played better and smarter.”

Kubiak blamed himself for the Texans’ 14 penalties for 177 yards against the Jaguars. He said the infractions were “ridiculous” and highly uncharacteristic of the Texans. He was fired about 12 hours after the postgame comments: http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/12/texans-mcnair-decided-to-fire-kubiak-on-plane-back-from-jacksonville/

Sections
Shortcuts