Kudos to Burgess and Maroney....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Kudos to Burgess and Maroney....

Guy has been a major dissappointment for a 3rd rounder. Then gets sent home.

But he showed up today.

Game closing sack. Two QB hits. Six tackles and one TFL.

Morris however, stunk up the joint.

Maroney was iron today. I want them to re-up this kid. Unlike other players here, he WANTS to win, and it shows.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Re: Kudos to Burgess....

Agree on both points.  Morris should of been benched after 1st half.  I think we should of made a better effort to get Randy's head straight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Re: Kudos to Burgess and Maroney....

In Response to Kudos to Burgess and Maroney....:
    Guy has been a major dissappointment for a 3rd rounder. Then gets sent home. But he showed up today. Game closing sack. Two QB hits. Six tackles and one TFL. Morris however, stunk up the joint. Maroney was iron today. I want them to re-up this kid. Unlike other players here, he WANTS to win, and it shows.
    Posted by zbellino

Z-- I always enjoy your posts. You should have your own tread.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Agreed - Burgess did say that he was disappointed in himself for getting sent home - liked him being relentless and getting the sack!!

Maroney has been running hard the last few games...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from touchdownpats. Show touchdownpats's posts

Agree, Maroney has been running hard the past few weeks, moving the pile, and delivering hits. Need some better play from Moss & Morris, the drops weren't pretty.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfanNH. Show patsfanNH's posts

a win surely feels good..all that -ve feelings have reduced quiet a bit...One game at a time ...Lets keep on improving and keep our fingers crossed...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

haha finally people see that what ive been saying. Maroney needs touches and he will play well and run hard. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think he's been playing pretty well most of the season(Maroney).  Burgess is decent, I think they knew he couldn't replace Seymour but are hoping he could make the loss less severe. 

He could be great with a good 1st rounder up on the line with him from the next draft.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rezadude. Show rezadude's posts

Let's not forget that Maroney's biggest issue with progress has been injuries in the past seasons. He has been healthy this year and has been able to get stronger as the season wears on. Morris is like maroney was in his injury-laden seasons. As someone pointed out, running backs needs lots of touches to gain strength and confidence. The best player in that backfield is still faulk and he had another solid game.
    If you are listing downs, dont forget to include Moss as #1 on that list. I think his feelings were hurt that BB sent him home with the "lesser" players. He is one of those guys who feels that he should be treated differently because of his talent. That has been his issue all his career. I also think that his confidence is really shaken after Revis shut him down in both jets games.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

If Maroney isn't looking to break the bank the Pats should def do their part to keep him around for 3-5 more years.  He's looked like a pretty damn good RB this year, and as was said earlier HE WANTS TO WIN.  Not enough of those guys around Foxboro right now

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

great to see LM and KF make up for the lack of production between Moss and Brady.  Saw the TEs used more today watson had a big TD.  Wes was a roughneck as usual.  saw a little more pass rush than we've been seeing in the past this year.  Burgess did his job.  Good Win.  Outscored carolina 20-3 after the 41 yard TD catch by smith.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat. Show seattlepat's posts

That's good news on Maroney. I wish I saw the game.

That said, I would still like NE to take a RB on the third or fourth rnd (but not before takinga three players to reinforce the defensive front seven, and a RT). I am watching the Dallas-SD game and I just realized what the running game needs to become, for the passing game to work again. NE needs to be capable of going down the entire field while running on practically every snap. You need more than one strong RB to do that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Maroney is stepping up; playing with determination

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Correct me if im wrong but didnt Burgess have a pretty good game against Tennesee....It seems like he plays better with AT on the bench. 

I like Ninkovich as well I think he got good penetration a few times.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Maroney's running has been very good the past several weeks. He's finally stopped all the dancing- really hitting the hole (when there is one) and pushing forward.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

Maroney's play may mean we can choose a defensive giant in the first round--and save the rb for later.  How much later, depends on how well he does in the remaining games.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I was a Maroney critic, but he's come on lately and I like it.  In fact, I wanted to see more of him.  Good for Maroney.

As for Burgess, it is entirely possible that Adios has become a cancer and is negatively effecting others.  From my nughead perspective, the D plays better without Adios.  Burgess does seem to play better without him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Re: Kudos to Burgess and Maroney....:
    I was a Maroney critic, but he's come on lately and I like it.  In fact, I wanted to see more of him.  Good for Maroney.
    Posted by carawaydj

+1

Hopefully, he can continue to play hard and avoid injuries.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from vapatfan1. Show vapatfan1's posts

Let's not forget that Maroney's biggest issue with progress has been injuries in the past seasons. He has been healthy this year and has been able to get stronger as the season wears on. Morris is like maroney was in his injury-laden seasons. As someone pointed out, running backs needs lots of touches to gain strength and confidence. The best player in that backfield is still faulk and he had another solid game. If you are listing downs, dont forget to include Moss as #1 on that list. I think his feelings were hurt that BB sent him home with the "lesser" players. He is one of those guys who feels that he should be treated differently because of his talent. That has been his issue all his career. I also think that his confidence is really shaken after Revis shut him down in both jets games.
    Posted by rezadude

I agree.  Maroney hasn't been this healthy in a few years and he's making up for lost time.  He needs to finish strong to ensure that he has a future beyond this year.  Whether that's with the Pats or not is not important for now. 

As for Moss.  I think his skills may be on the decline.  He's just not getting separation like he did in years past.  Corners like Revis are able to shadow him now fairly regularly.  Trouble is, Welker is the only other "deep" threat other than dumping off to Falk.  That third receiver is still a question mark.  Whatever happened to Nunn? 

This is the most too I've seen Watson involved in the offense.  What happened to the TE as an option this year?  That's the missing link this year.  Baker was supposed to be the answer but so far Thomas, now with the Saints, has been more prolific it seems than the Pats TEs. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from vapatfan1. Show vapatfan1's posts

In Response to Re: Kudos to Burgess and Maroney.... : +1 Hopefully, he can continue to play hard and avoid injuries.
    Posted by BTownExpress

You can count me as one of those who questioned whether Maroney could be the Pat's main RB.  I'm crossing my fingers that his success continues. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

Agreed, both Burgess and Maroney played well today. 

Let's hope late-gate has lit a fire under Burgess.  Sure would love to see some inspired play from him down the stretch.

Agree that Maroney has been running harder.  No question, he is running with more authority than he has in the past.  No question, the O-Line and running game is much better with Volmer in the line-up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

In Response to Kudos to Burgess and Maroney.... : Z-- I always enjoy your posts. You should have your own tread.
    Posted by TSWFAN

I agree as well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sveltics. Show Sveltics's posts

The Patriots gotta make a move for a premier Cory Dillon back. Maroney, and i applaud his running these past 2 months, is NOT the guy. Until the Patriots have a daily 20/100 runnner, which potential for 24/155, the offense will be predictable.

Maybe its time to talk about some creative packaging (including the Seymore #1 in 2011) to either acquire or trade up and draft the next Curtis Martin or Ricky Williams.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

The Patriots gotta make a move for a premier Cory Dillon back. Maroney, and i applaud his running these past 2 months, is NOT the guy. Until the Patriots have a daily 20/100 runnner, which potential for 24/155, the offense will be predictable. Maybe its time to talk about some creative packaging (including the Seymore #1 in 2011) to either acquire or trade up and draft the next Curtis Martin or Ricky Williams.
    Posted by Sveltics

this is the dumbest thing ive read all day...  no offense.

if the pats are going to package their oakland pick to trade up, its going to be for a defensive stud like ndamukong suh.  NOT a rb

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

Guy has been a major dissappointment for a 3rd rounder. Then gets sent home. But he showed up today. Game closing sack. Two QB hits. Six tackles and one TFL. Morris however, stunk up the joint. Maroney was iron today. I want them to re-up this kid. Unlike other players here, he WANTS to win, and it shows.
    Posted by zbellino

Z,
    Circumstances don't break me. They define who I truly am. In my opinion, words to live by. For his entire career, save a few games in '07 - Lawrence Maroney has been much maligned for his dance routines during games and to some degree it's been deserved.
    For the past several games he's consistently done what a lot of us wanted to see and think he's fully capable of - gaining tough yards and playing inspired football. To a varying degree the same can be said of Wes Welker. They've carried the Patriots offense during those games. Where are all the Maroney critics now?! And why aren't they admitting he's due credit for having improved his game. 

I've said this before, but I think it bears repeating - Welker has now become a marked man by defenses. But his success is coming with a price in the form of some hard hits. It's going to make for a long offseason if the Patriots can't implement Aiken and the TE's more in the offense.

As for the four who were sent home, Brady and Bill have said repeatedly Moss is one of the more intelligent football players they've ever come across. We need that guile now more than ever, because his defenders think they have him pegged. 
    The performance of Burgess speaks volumes as to what he knows is expected of him. Guyton is a second year player who is trying to establish his presence, so if you say jump, he'll ask how high? Nothing to worry about with him.

I saved Thomas for last. I can't think of anything he's done (since that pick 6 in the '07 season) since his arrival that would warrant his payday. The Brink's truck Patriots management backed up to his driveway was given the wrong address!

Sections
Shortcuts