Kudos to Burgess and Maroney....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Re: Kudos to Burgess and Maroney....

In Response to Re: Kudos to Burgess and Maroney....:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Kudos to Burgess and Maroney.... : Z, Circumstances don't break me. They define who I truly am. In my opinion, words to live by. For his entire career, save a few games in '07 - Lawrence Maroney has been much maligned for his dance routines during games and to some degree it's been deserved. For the past several games he's consistently done what a lot of us wanted to see and think he's fully capable of - gaining tough yards and playing inspired football. To a varying degree the same can be said Wes Welker. They've carried the Patriots offense during those games. Where are all the Maroney critics now?! And why aren't they admitting he's due credit for having improved his game.  I've said this before, but I think it bears repeating - Welker has now become a marked man by defenses. But his success is coming with a price in the form of some hard hits. It's going to make for a long offseason if the Patriots can't implement Aiken and the TE's more in the offense. As for the four who were sent home, Brady and Bill have said repeatedly Moss is one of the more intelligent football players they've ever come across. We need that guile now more than ever, because his defenders think they have him pegged.  The performance of Burgess speaks volumes as to what he knows is expected of him. Guyton is a second year player who is trying to establish his presence, so if you say jump, he'll ask how high? Nothing to worry about with him. I saved Thomas for last. I can't think of anything he's done (since that pick 6 in the '07 season) since his arrival that would warrant his payday. The Brink's truck Patriots management backed up to his driveway was given the wrong address!
    Posted by paob[/QUOTE]

Maroney HAS been running much better lately, but that doesn't make people who have criticized him wrong.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kudos to Burgess and Maroney.... : Maroney HAS been running much better lately, but that doesn't make people who have criticized him wrong.
    Posted by IndianaPatsFan[/QUOTE]
    IPF,
    I think it's fair to say the Patriots don't have the best OL when it comes to run blocking. Combine that with Lawrence's Juilliard auditions on Sundays and you get the idea as to why a lot of us were aggravated with his running style. 
    Having said that, a number of fans on this site even after his resurgence are still trying to revive a conversation along the lines of "trading him for someone better." I actually saw a post about that today. 
    What's wrong with giving credit where and when it's due?! Or is it that his critics just want something to complain about?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Burgess stinks.  If Matt Moore had stayed in the pocket instead of running into Burgess' arms, Burgess was NEVER getting past the tackle on his own.  He just doesn't have it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kickwax. Show kickwax's posts

[QUOTE]I was a Maroney critic, but he's come on lately and I like it.  In fact, I wanted to see more of him.  Good for Maroney. As for Burgess, it is entirely possible that Adios has become a cancer and is negatively effecting others.  From my nughead perspective, the D plays better without Adios.  Burgess does seem to play better without him.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

Burgess had his 2 good games against very weak opponents.  I can't get that excited about him, Tully B-C has been well above what I expected though.  We need AD to put this aside and get his game face on for Dec and the play-off run.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3839316. Show user_3839316's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kudos to Burgess and Maroney.... : Maroney HAS been running much better lately, but that doesn't make people who have criticized him wrong.
    Posted by IndianaPatsFan[/QUOTE]