Kudos to Ghost

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Kudos to Ghost

Saved the day on the KOR, but has been inconsistent on FGs. Hope he doesn't botch one when the game is on the line.

http://www.telegram.com/article/20111226/NEWS/112269982/1009/SPORTS

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Re: Kudos to Ghost

In Response to Re: Kudos to Ghost:
    lol! My Bologna = Funniest person on this board
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII

got the nicest avatar as well...

Kudos for stopping the KR - however, does that not mean that our KR coverage broke down?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

What? This guy has sucked all year!  Kudos?  How about, wake up!
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII

hey a$$$wipe, did you read what I said. he stopped a kickoff return, that could have changed the momentum after we scored.

I indicated he needs to do better on his FGs.

you are about as dumb as people give you credit for.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Where kansas comes from kudos means I  will crapp on your car seat while you are shagging your ho.
    Posted by Mybologna

LOL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Actually he is not inconsistent on FG's.  Inside 45 yards he is deadly.  He is not so good on over 50 yarders.  So best to get him in his range.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Actually he is not inconsistent on FG's.  Inside 45 yards he is deadly.  He is not so good on over 50 yarders.  So best to get him in his range.
    Posted by Patsman3

I think he missed a couple inside of 45 yards this year. Didn't he?

Back to back weekends. Missed 42 yarder at Pissburgh, and 26 yarder against NYG.

Missed 39 yarder @ Philly, and  a 48 yarder @ Mia.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In Response to Re: Kudos to Ghost : I think he missed a couple inside of 45 yards this year. Didn't he?
    Posted by kansaspatriot

Inside 49 yards he is 8 for 10 this year.  80 percent inside 49 yards is that inconsistent?

For his career he is 5 for 8 beyond 50 yards.  That's not horrible either.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Kudos to Ghost : Inside 49 yards he is 8 for 10 this year.  80 percent inside 49 yards is that inconsistent? For his career he is 5 for 8 beyond 50 yards.  That's not horrible either.
    Posted by Patsman3

You think he can deliver in the clutch? I think alot think he's slipped a little.

His leg is not as strong as some kickers, and his accuracy has been off when we need some points.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In Response to Re: Kudos to Ghost : You think he can deliver in the clutch? I think alot think he's slipped a little. His leg is not as strong as some kickers, and hid accuracy has been off when we need some points.
    Posted by kansaspatriot

Well it takes awhile to get full strength back in the leg after an injury like that.  Plus the guy kicks in NE and alot of other cold outdoor stadiums.  If he was kicking in a cushy dome all the time I bet he would have some of those fancy stats too.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Compared to all the other kickers in the league he's had an average year. right now he's ranked 16/32 kickers for starting kickers. Considering he's coming off a leg injury I'd say that's pretty good. I fully expect him to return to a top 5 kicker next year

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Compared to all the other kickers in the league he's had an average year. right now he's ranked 16/32 kickers for starting kickers. Considering he's coming off a leg injury I'd say that's pretty good. I fully expect him to return to a top 5 kicker next year
    Posted by PatsEng

I think he is better then average and much better then 16/32.  The guy is 26 out of 31.  Has he missed a few he shouldn't have? Yes, but the guy is still well above average.

Plus in that 16/32 take out all the guys kicking in a nice dome stadium to make it fair.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In Response to Re: Kudos to Ghost : Maybe they need to draft a new fan?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

Maybe a trade?  Rusty would make a perfect Jets fan.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Not much upside to being a kicker.

When you make your kicks, you're just doing your job and nobody notices, but whenever you miss -- no matter the circumstance -- you suck.

I look at Gostkowski this way:

With the ole' defense the Pats play, they're not going anywhere in the playoffs if they aren't scoring touchdowns . . .  and lots of 'em.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Kudos to Ghost : I think he is better then average and much better then 16/32.  The guy is 26 out of 31.  Has he missed a few he shouldn't have? Yes, but the guy is still well above average. Plus in that 16/32 take out all the guys kicking in a nice dome stadium to make it fair.
    Posted by Patsman3

I do too but just by straight %'s he's smack in the middle. Even given the conditions he'd still have a tough time breaking the top 10. This year is an of year due to injury so I'd say being in the top half of the league in kicking is still pretty good

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In Response to Re: Kudos to Ghost : I do too but just by straight %'s he's smack in the middle. Even given the conditions he'd still have a tough time breaking the top 10. This year is an of year due to injury so I'd say being in the top half of the league in kicking is still pretty good
    Posted by PatsEng

Funny thing was in 2009 (last full year before he was hurt)  he was 26 for 31.  Exactly what he is this year.  Look the guy is not the greatest kicker in the world but seeing what is out there and the struggles other teams have, this is way low on my worry list.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

He's #18 in FG% = 84 with misses from 20-29, 30-39, 40-49 and +50.

Time for an upgrade at the position.  Remember the Super Bowl when BB didn't have the confidence in him to attempt a long one in perfect weather.  We should of upgraded then.

Sections
Shortcuts