Kudos to Ghost

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Kudos to Ghost

In Response to Re: Kudos to Ghost:
    In Response to Re: Kudos to Ghost : False premise. Do you think our offense needs to score points?  Read the drive chart in the first from Sunday yet? LMAO How many defenses look good while rested for literally 1 minute, over annd over and over. 6 drives for NE in the first half, all around 1 minute each. LMAO!! You'll be one ahead of yourself, P-Mike, when you finally admit the real problem.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII

Well, Russ, whatever you or I may think, the fact is that the defense isn't going to get any rest, because if the Pats aren't punting, they're running the hurry-up . . .  so you can read all the charts and pontificate 'til Jesus comes back, but there's only one way this team can win, and if you refuse to see it, I'm afraid I simply can't help you.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I wonder how many here have ever tried to kick a 51 yard FG in an NFL game. Belichick didn't go for the FG in the Super Bowl because it was over 50 yards.  You'd be the first to complain if he had gone for it and missed it and the Gints started at their 42 or 43.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

So besides being an unemployed parasite you can also read peoples minds.  I figure you could at least uses these talents to get a job as a Walmart greeter or landscaper.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: Kudos to Ghost : Know how much a Wal-Mart greeter makes? If I'm a parasite, what does that make you?

Parasite exposer.

Gotta go now, Taking family out for an expensive lunch.  Have a great day with that back and forth thing you gotta do on the board.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

He has missed 5 field goals all year.  You are irrationally focused on 2 (one of which was over 50 yards).  He is the 7th most accurate kicker in the history of the league.  He is having an off-year and is STILL 16th in the league in FG%.  Get over it.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Performing in the top half of all kickers in the league = doing his job consistently.

BB HATES kicking 50+ yard field goals.  It is at best a 50-50 proposition no matter who your kicker is.  Add in the 7-8 yards of field position you give up on the miss, and it's almost always safer to either punt or go for it than to kick it.

Do you know how many 50+ yard field goals BB had Adam V. attempt in the post-season?  One.  From 50 yards exactly, against Pittsburgh in their first Super Bowl run.  Which he missed.  He's only attempted 15 regular season field goals of 50+ yards in the 12 seasons he's been coach here.

The point being, 50+ yard field goal attempts have always been an extreme rarity in New England under BB, and forgoing an attempt has nothing to do with his confidence in the kicker.  If he did not have confidence in Ghost, Ghost would not have been here for 6 years.  Hell, he's never even brought in a kicker in training camp to compete with Ghost.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Well, I also agree that the Ghost has had an average year, and I never get a solid feeling that he will make any FG outside of 35 yards, no matter what the stats say. Even many of his makes seem too close to the goal post for comfort.

Now, separately from all that...KUDOS!!! to Ghost for making an OUTSTANDING play on that kickoff return, that saved what would have been a MONUMENTAL shift in momentum for the Fins! In my mind, it was the play of the game.

Rusty, you, more than anyone, should be able to see this. Other posters accuse you of saying Brady is not great, when all you ever say is, Even the great Brady sometimes makes crappy throws, which I agree with. By the same manner of nuanced thought, you must admit that sometimes an average kicker makes a great play.

The Ghost made a GREAT play on Saturday.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

Re:RidingWithTheKingII- "It's a lack of focus from him. There's no two ways around it. It's happened all year."

how can you make such an accusation? do you personally know stephen that you can make the assumption that his miss on sunday was due to a lack of focus?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Rusty, you're not a Pats fan.  Go away.

The truth, he's a lame brain

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Kudos to Ghost : got the nicest avatar as wellPosted by PatFanInBA2

yes

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

$6 an hour? Wow the federal minimum wage out here is $7.25 an hour.  http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/wages/minimumwage.htm Maybe Maine isn't the best place to live then.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Kudos to Ghost : So besides being an unemployed parasite you can also read peoples minds.  I figure you could at least uses these talents to get a job as a Walmart greeter or landscaper.
    Posted by tcal2-

LOL, funny picture.

Sections
Shortcuts