Kudos To Steelers - Manhandled Patsies

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Kudos To Steelers - Manhandled Patsies

IMO, the game wasn't as close as the score might indicate. The Steelers did a great job disrupting Brady's rythym and playing man-to-man D. Reminded me of how the Patriots used to do that with the Colts.

Like BB stated during post-game, the patsies didn't execute well in any phase of the game. The Steelers had their way with them, for the most part.

After last night's game, I don't know if they can be considered a smashmouth football team.

Lots of football left for the patsies to prove otherwise.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

Re: Kudos To Steelers - Manhandled Patsies

Absolutely. They got their butts kicked. This team has a very rough time with any physical and fast defense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In Response to Kudos To Steelers - Manhandled Patsies:
    [QUOTE]IMO, the game wasn't as close as the score might indicate. The Steelers did a great job disrupting Brady's rythym and playing man-to-man D. Reminded me of how the Patriots used to do that with the Colts. Like BB stated during post-game, the patsies didn't execute well in any phase of the game. The Steelers had their way with them, for the most part. After last night's game, I don't know if they can be considered a smashmouth football team. Lots of football left for the patsies to prove otherwise.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

I agree with what you are saying but why are you calling them the Patsies?  That's what other jerks who hate the Patriots call them, not Pats fans.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

We got out played and out game planned. The thing that bothered me the most is we didn't seem to make any significant adjustments at halftime even though we just got shut down for 2 quarters. All in all, if you have to lose a game I feel better losing to Pittsburgh than the Dolphins and I know we will probably lose a couple more by the end of the year just like every other good team. Not a big deal to me except I lost a few Bucks on the game also. We'll be back....As always.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Kudos To Steelers - Manhandled Patsies:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Kudos To Steelers - Manhandled Patsies : I agree with what you are saying but why are you calling them the Patsies?  That's what other jerks who hate the Patriots call them, not Pats fans.
    Posted by DoNotSleepOnThePats[/QUOTE]
    It should be DoNotFallAsleepPats.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The Steelers came in with the game plan I've been wishing we ran for a while now.

They dominated ToP with long sustained drives that we use to run form 01-06' dictating the flow of the game. Then bumped our receivers at the line and dared Brady to throw all game. It was hard noised football like before we became a finesse team. Maybe, someday we can get back to that type of game

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]IMO, the game wasn't as close as the score might indicate.

This pretty much nails it. It was hard to watch. At no time during that game -- no time -- did I feel the Pats were remotely competitive. You can chalk it up to coming off the bye flat, just like they did last year (and like most teams have this year), or simply having a bad day, but Bitchburgh is usually our . . .  well . . .  b*tch . . .  and what I saw yesterday has me deeply troubled.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]We got out played and out game planned. The thing that bothered me the most is we didn't seem to make any significant adjustments at halftime even though we just got shut down for 2 quarters.
    Posted by Rerun85[/QUOTE]

I wonder sometimes where people get the idea that there are any such thing as "halftime adjustments." You put in a game plan all week designed around how your strengths match up with your opponent's weaknesses. How much of that do you really think can be changed in 12 minutes?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]Two weeks of no-pads practicing will put a team behind the eight ball, apparently, Bubba. The bye week's becoming dubious to conditioning, I'd say.
    Posted by Hog73[/QUOTE]

Well, Simms did mention Belichick noting that teams coming off bye weeks were 3-9 going into yesterday's action.

It's something to think about.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]IMO, the game wasn't as close as the score might indicate. The Steelers did a great job disrupting Brady's rythym and playing man-to-man D. Reminded me of how the Patriots used to do that with the Colts. Like BB stated during post-game, the patsies didn't execute well in any phase of the game. The Steelers had their way with them, for the most part. After last night's game, I don't know if they can be considered a smashmouth football team. Lots of football left for the patsies to prove otherwise.

You are a poor excuse for a fan, calling your team names.  Poor.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

The whole nation saw it. Your DB's and pass rush are not championship caliber. Tom was flustered too, he had a bad day. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

well the defense did make halftime adjustments..sort of..the steelers only scored 6 points in the second half, offense really lost us this game...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

Two weeks of no-pads practicing will put a team behind the eight ball, apparently, Bubba. The bye week's becoming dubious to conditioning, I'd say.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

[QUOTE]I think they lost because they've gone away from what they did the first two weeks of the season.
    Posted by dmpc[/QUOTE]

Why don't you give old Bill a call, dbpc.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Two weeks of no-pads practicing will put a team behind the eight ball, apparently, Bubba. The bye week's becoming dubious to conditioning, I'd say.
    Posted by Hog73[/QUOTE]

Not sure what happened during the two weeks. Whether it was because BB was giving the team a physical/mental break, the strange timing of putting people on IR or waiving players a couple of days before a game. I was expecting the Patriots to be a lil more prepared. I suppose that we would be calling BB a genius if the team had won yesterday....lol Laughing

However, they just seemed to take two steps back. Now, they gotta make the effort to take the next step.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Kudos To Steelers - Manhandled Patsies : This pretty much nails it. It was hard to watch. At no time during that game -- no time -- did I feel the Pats were remotely competitive. You can chalk it up to coming off the bye flat, just like they did last year (and like most teams have this year), or simply having a bad day, but Bitchburgh is usually our . . .  well . . .  b*tch . . .  and what I saw yesterday has me deeply troubled.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

You're right. We have owned them.....in the past. The good news is that it's only one game, we are still tied for first (altho the Bills own the tiebreaker at this point in time).

Since we already lost to the Steelers, mebbe it'll up the odds that we'll beat them come playoff time? It's always hard to beat the same team twice in the same season...lol

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kudos To Steelers - Manhandled Patsies : I wonder sometimes where people get the idea that there are any such thing as "halftime adjustments." You put in a game plan all week designed around how your strengths match up with your opponent's weaknesses. How much of that do you really think can be changed in 12 minutes?
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Well, the team sure could have used halftime adjustements....right about after the first quarter...lolLaughing

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Patsies?  Is there any doubt left this guy is a troll?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

[QUOTE]well the defense did make halftime adjustments..sort of..the steelers only scored 6 points in the second half, offense really lost us this game...
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]
    What lost this game is defense.....Time of Possession......This defense is almost a 60 minute version of the prevent defense....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Runer. Show Runer's posts

Jets troll. Go root for the jests like you said on the other thread back on gang green forums.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

As your name (and your old avatar) suggests, your real allegiance is to randy moss.  so your stupid name calling is just out of what, hurt feelings?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Wow look at that. Bubba has lifted his veil.  Apparently he has been another fake account of Leon all these years.  It was a good disguise too.  I remember defending him years ago against allegations of being a troll.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Patsies?  Is there any doubt left this guy is a troll?
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

Is there any doubt you are a hypocrytical rose colored glass wearing, koolaid drinking, BB brown noser?

Here's some toilet tissue for u to use. No need to thank me...it's on da house.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]As your name (and your old avatar) suggests, your real allegiance is to randy moss.  so your stupid name calling is just out of what, hurt feelings?
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

Awww....poor baby.  After mighty wipes the crappe on his nose from BBs arsse...u can get sloppy seconds ...

Sections
Shortcuts