Kyle Arrington starting at right corner....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Re: Kyle Arrington starting at right corner....

Kyle Arrington as a starter?  Where's Earthwind Moreland when you need him? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lawboy. Show lawboy's posts

What's Otis "my man" Smith doing these days?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

O-T-I-S! He can probably still play the game. 

I think we should be starting Butler, give him a chance to build his confidence against a weaker passing team. I think BB is more upset by the 2 penalties then he is about the 200 yards and 2 tds he's let up in 2 games

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

If Butler Plays the Bill's will drive down the field and score at will.  He needs to sit the rest of this year and next. Then by year 4, according to killa, he should be good.  Spectacular use of a 2nd round pick on a guy from a Big East Basketball school.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I think Butler is injured.  Butler in that Jets game was terrible, he got yanked in the middle of the game, and now he's not starting.

I'm like, who's Arrington?  Keep it simple for him. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Butler is a good corner, one game where he gives up a touchdown against an all pro receiver doesn't mean we throw him under the bus. 

The majority of the other receptions were by Dustin Keller who is a tight end by the way, the bigger question might be "why did a corner get stuck covering a much larger tight end?"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

its too bad that wheatley is injured now, because he would get a shot. he had a strong camp and he showed some talent late in his rookie year. but i guess this has been the story of his career - always hurt at the wrong time. too bad...he could have gone from a roster cut (until bodden got hurt) to a week 3 starter.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Just dont understand why BB keeps Wheatley on the roster. This guy has not made  1 play for the Patriots in 3 years.  He gets hurt the moment he steps on the practice field.

Leigh Bodden's injury was devestating, the Pats would have a very good CB's with him and McCourty out there. Still sad we didnt manage to keep Asante Samuel though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

if you look at the last 2 games and look at how butler got destroyed he was in good if not great coverage.  he didnt mess up his coverage, fall down or anything, he was right on his man for the majority of the game, heck he even had some sick tackles
    BUT
    this goes to what ive been hearing from Reiss all summer long:
    BUTLER IN GREAT COVERAGE, BUT CANT MAKE A PLAY AND GETS BEAT

butler was right on Braylon pretty much the whole game, but he doesnt have any awareness to where the ball is, therefore he cant make a play on the ball.  
    but i do see progress.  on the second pass interference call against him he really tried to get to the ball, and thats what caused the penalty [when he pushed off Mr. DWI and awkwardly swatted the ball]

i want to see him play more agressively and look at the ball
    He has the foundation to be a great CB

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Asante should not be in this discussion, I was sad to see him go but that is old news. I would much rather have BB let Butler play against the Bills, get him playing with confidence against a pi$$ poor passing attack. Atleast let him split time with Arrington, we can't abandon Butler just yet, especially not after a single bad performance.

Weren't we all talking about the fact that our young players will have lapses at certain points of the year and how we shouldn't judge them the moment things go wrong? I remeber a lot of these discussions. Yet here we are blaiming Butler like he is the worst corner to ever play in the NFL...

Judging by how badly everyone sees Butler after one game makes me scared. What if McCourty has a bad game down the line against say Reggie Wayne or Greg Jennings, will we crucify him as well?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

The rot set in the secondary with BB with the Ty Law issue. Pats won their last superbowl when Ty was injured in his last year in New England. Rodney Harrison in his prime held a patchwork secondary together using every bad word written or said about the Pats supposed weakness in the defensive backfield as motivation the way only Rodney could. Defensive backs like Samuel and Randell Gay stepped up with Rodney back there as an emourmous influence. Since then BB seems to think anybody can come in and play cornerback at New England and his system will make the difference refusing to pay decent money for the position and getting NFL untried rookies or bargain basement players cut from other teams. What he seems to forget is that the Pats no longer have a great Safety in Rodney Harrison back there helping and a great front 7 that generated pressure or confused opposition QB's with their great play and very rarely exposed the defensive backfield.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JaeD. Show JaeD's posts

that last game should have had McCourty on edwards and this game should have him on evans with safety help over top all game long.  Cromartie had a good game on moss because he matches up well size wise with him.  we should be using devon the same way.  Bigger stronger corner on the bigger stronger receiver. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

Everyone seems to forget that every great player had a rookie season. And a sophomore season. And seasons after that. Did all great players come in and be all-pro's their first year? No way. A lot of them took some years to get games under their belt and develop.

Give people time. It's a disgrace that you people think we should be drafting all-pros with every pick we make, and that every person who steps on our practice field must be the second coming of Jerry Rice or Emmit Smith or Deion Sanders. Even pros like those guys had bad days, or got roughed up and looked horrible out there.

Give these guys time. A large portion of our team are 1st, 2nd, or 3rd year players. No one cared for Asante for the first couple years he was here. Then he became good, and left, and you don't hear much about him since.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

In Response to Re: Kyle Arrington starting at right corner....:
    What's Otis "my man" Smith doing these days?
    Posted by lawboy

Hank Poteat

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryBallz. Show HarryBallz's posts

Our DBs will continue to look like crap until there is a way to get a pass rush going.  The WRs have all the advantages now and asking the DBs to cover more than a few seconds just isn't going to work

Sections
Shortcuts