Kyle Arrington

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Kyle Arrington

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

False on the resignings.  Many thought BB couldn't keep Talib, Vollmer, etc. 

Thats the point moron. They could not keep both unless TB renegotiated 

No one cared about Edelman and many were whining about Welker.

False. After seeing what was on the roster, everyone wanted Edelman back. Wes signed so quickly with Denver, and Edelman hung around unsigned. EVERYONE said he needs to be resigned

All lies and revisionist history from you as usual, RKrap.

I guess so. In your strange world, I guess so

You introducing Dennard as some mystery new dire need to resign is pathetic, even for you and your doom and gloom prognostications.

repeat, I never said dire, never said rush. I quantified the time frame by stating mid point next season

I guess in your weird mind, I won, you lost?

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

2 issues...he is forced to occasionally play the outside, and he simply gets toasted every time. put it on BB, not Arrington, dont move Arrington outside...ever.

also, the contract. 4/$16 for a sub/slot corner is on the high side. if Talib does resign, one could argue that Arrington is the 4th best CB on the team, not a bad problem to have...

This.

russ, not saying Arrington is not a good slot corner, but I think what we paid for him is a bit above what we get in return.

i do think he gets toasted on the outside. It has been shown over and over again. Play him only in the slot or in zone and he is good. What's the problem with that observation?

It's not a gimme he gets beat on the outside, though. If he's lined up against a #2 WR or one that is not big and fast, he's not as bad as you and RKrap claim. Last year in the AFC title game, he was very good for example.  Talib allows him to play man against what is hopefully a WR he can match up ok against.

I refuse to bag on someone playing through a groin problem in a spot on the field where they are not as strong.

It's not bagging on anyone. Everyone has,limits and Arrington has,his. What's the problem with pointing them out? He's good in the slot. Period. Not so good outside. Period. 

PI will put it another way. i wouldn't want Arrington as my number 1 or 2 cb covering the other teams number 1 or 2. Why is that hard to digest?

Right, but that doesn't mean he is 100% "toasted" or "awful" on the outside 100% of the time, because he isn't. I just gave an example where he wasn't. I can give many more. He had 8 INTs at outside CB in 2011, tied for most in the NFL. 

He pulled himself before he allowed that TD to Ginn last week, due to the groin. Not an excuse, it's just unrealistic to pretend someone laboring through an injury, not in their best spot, somehow is "toasted" all the time. It's false.

If you aren't going to be fair in the discussion, don't bother discussing. Some here always want someone to hammer on D because the media has brainwashed them to do it for years here due to their subtle media attack on BB.

All these people do is scour the the roster for who they can go after for that one game. This week, it's impossible to go after Arrington since he completely bamboozled Welkie.

That's a fact at this point. It's mindnumbingly stupid to see our fans take the anti-media bait when I have been pointing this out for years.

If our team runs the table here, goes 13-3 and gets a 1 seed, BB bringing back the Arringtons, the Edelmans, the Ninks, the ones who are not stars, who have been BASHED here unfairly.....those TCal kind of morons will look like continued morons.

Not every player is a superstar. You need gutty, non star players to win titles.  TCal is a moron.  His ilk are morons. They are either new to the game or don't get this, or are 10 years old.

This in bold.....but dont pay them like they are anything more

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

False on the resignings.  Many thought BB couldn't keep Talib, Vollmer, etc. 

Thats the point moron. They could not keep both unless TB renegotiated 

No one cared about Edelman and many were whining about Welker.

False. After seeing what was on the roster, everyone wanted Edelman back. Wes signed so quickly with Denver, and Edelman hung around unsigned. EVERYONE said he needs to be resigned

All lies and revisionist history from you as usual, RKrap.

I guess so. In your strange world, I guess so

You introducing Dennard as some mystery new dire need to resign is pathetic, even for you and your doom and gloom prognostications.

repeat, I never said dire, never said rush. I quantified the time frame by stating mid point next season

I guess in your weird mind, I won, you lost?

False. People wanted Welker at least the majority did. Do not lie and change history. People mocked BB for resigning an injury prone player in Edelman.

Many thought Vollmer would go to Miami or Philly.  Many teams were in on him. 

Repeat, Welker signed very quickly. Edelman lingered. Everone wanted him resigned. Not only you

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

yes, arrington played a good game but he was not in a straight up man to man on Welker. i saw a LB on him many times as well. Arrington didnt island himself against Welker, he did play good though didn't get burned and got lucky Manning ran it when he was on the outside against Thomas. two plays in a row i saw that and CRINGED! i thought peyton would go at him but didnt!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

It's disgusting all the flak this guy takes here and then he shuts down Welkie on Sunday night and no one says anything.

Well, I am saying something:

We all know his limitations on the edge, but he's not much different than most smaller CBs who lose range and their ability to defend well the more space or size they need to cover.

But, for my money, 15 yards or under in the middle of the field, there isn't a better nickel around.  I hear people say "he's fine" on the inside. Baloney. He's very good. One of the best in the league. The Star role has become an important role and he plays it very well.

He put on a clinic when Welker was targeted and basically took Welker away from Manning in man coverages.  

Superb play.  

We just got a look at what he can do when Talib and Dennard/Ryan are on the edges.  Talib remains the key, but I refuse to bash a guy who plays hurt and plays in a weaker position simply because the team has injury issues.

I'm guilty! It's no secret I hate this guy. I think only tcal hates him even more than me. He had a good game Sunday. Even I will acknowledge that. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Arrington is overpaid at 4 million per as a slot corner, but people are whining we didn't pay Wes 6 per as a slot receiver?  Are you kidding me?  Slot corner is just as much as a starter in today's NFL as any other position.  Arrington played 85 snaps on Sunday.  Before last offseason some corners were getting practically 10 million per season.  Revis is getting 16 million per.  Why do you think Talib only took a one year deal?  He is hoping the market for DBs rebounds and he can get bigger money after this season.  Arrington did not sign a big contract for a DB in today's NFL.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Arrington is overpaid at 4 million per as a slot corner, but people are whining we didn't pay Wes 6 per as a slot receiver?  Are you kidding me?  Slot corner is just as much as a starter in today's NFL as any other position.  Arrington played 85 snaps on Sunday.  Before last offseason some corners were getting practically 10 million per season.  Revis is getting 16 million per.  Why do you think Talib only took a one year deal?  He is hoping the market for DBs rebounds and he can get bigger money after this season.  Arrington did not sign a big contract for a DB in today's NFL.

agree. i thought the deal with Arrington was a steal. he could be a huge assest for other teams and probably more money too

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Umm...Are you sure your first sentence should read "isn't" overpaid since it contradicts your last one?

Which is it?

Brent Grimes got 5.5 and is really a slot CB himself.  McKelvin, 7 million.  Arrington is not overpaid.

he meant to say people say arrington is overpaid but brings alot more to this team than the market does and is two million less than Wes. so = bargain

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Umm...Are you sure your first sentence should read "isn't" overpaid since it contradicts your last one?

Which is it?

Brent Grimes got 5.5 and is really a slot CB himself.  McKelvin, 7 million.  Arrington is not overpaid.

he meant to say people say arrington is overpaid but brings alot more to this team than anyone on the market would for higher price and is two million less than Wes. so = bargain

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

2 issues...he is forced to occasionally play the outside, and he simply gets toasted every time. put it on BB, not Arrington, dont move Arrington outside...ever.

also, the contract. 4/$16 for a sub/slot corner is on the high side. if Talib does resign, one could argue that Arrington is the 4th best CB on the team, not a bad problem to have...

This.

russ, not saying Arrington is not a good slot corner, but I think what we paid for him is a bit above what we get in return.

i do think he gets toasted on the outside. It has been shown over and over again. Play him only in the slot or in zone and he is good. What's the problem with that observation?

It's not a gimme he gets beat on the outside, though. If he's lined up against a #2 WR or one that is not big and fast, he's not as bad as you and RKrap claim. Last year in the AFC title game, he was very good for example.  Talib allows him to play man against what is hopefully a WR he can match up ok against.

I refuse to bag on someone playing through a groin problem in a spot on the field where they are not as strong.

It's not bagging on anyone. Everyone has,limits and Arrington has,his. What's the problem with pointing them out? He's good in the slot. Period. Not so good outside. Period. 

PI will put it another way. i wouldn't want Arrington as my number 1 or 2 cb covering the other teams number 1 or 2. Why is that hard to digest?

Right, but that doesn't mean he is 100% "toasted" or "awful" on the outside 100% of the time, because he isn't. I just gave an example where he wasn't. I can give many more. He had 8 INTs at outside CB in 2011, tied for most in the NFL. 

He pulled himself before he allowed that TD to Ginn last week, due to the groin. Not an excuse, it's just unrealistic to pretend someone laboring through an injury, not in their best spot, somehow is "toasted" all the time. It's false.

If you aren't going to be fair in the discussion, don't bother discussing. Some here always want someone to hammer on D because the media has brainwashed them to do it for years here due to their subtle media attack on BB.

All these people do is scour the the roster for who they can go after for that one game. This week, it's impossible to go after Arrington since he completely bamboozled Welkie.

That's a fact at this point. It's mindnumbingly stupid to see our fans take the anti-media bait when I have been pointing this out for years.

If our team runs the table here, goes 13-3 and gets a 1 seed, BB bringing back the Arringtons, the Edelmans, the Ninks, the ones who are not stars, who have been BASHED here unfairly.....those TCal kind of morons will look like continued morons.

Not every player is a superstar. You need gutty, non star players to win titles.  TCal is a moron.  His ilk are morons. They are either new to the game or don't get this, or are 10 years old.

This in bold.....but dont pay them like they are anything more

Star role important for slot explosion of WRs and offensive rules favoring QBs. Not going to say it again.

I am also not going to remind you that McKelvin signed for 7 million, which was your own thread to induce doom and gloom with Arrington.  Then, BB gets Arrington for less than McKelvin and Arrington is better than McKelvin.

Either way you slice it, you lose in this debate.

mckelvin and arri gton have virtually identical contracts. I didnt like his either

I guess you lose.....again

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to Rodimus77's comment:

It's disgusting all the flak this guy takes here and then he shuts down Welkie on Sunday night and no one says anything.

Well, I am saying something:

We all know his limitations on the edge, but he's not much different than most smaller CBs who lose range and their ability to defend well the more space or size they need to cover.

But, for my money, 15 yards or under in the middle of the field, there isn't a better nickel around.  I hear people say "he's fine" on the inside. Baloney. He's very good. One of the best in the league. The Star role has become an important role and he plays it very well.

He put on a clinic when Welker was targeted and basically took Welker away from Manning in man coverages.  

Superb play.  

We just got a look at what he can do when Talib and Dennard/Ryan are on the edges.  Talib remains the key, but I refuse to bash a guy who plays hurt and plays in a weaker position simply because the team has injury issues.

I'm guilty! It's no secret I hate this guy. I think only tcal hates him even more than me. He had a good game Sunday. Even I will acknowledge that. 

May I ask why you hate one of the best slot CBs in the league if he plays on the Pats?

I think he gives up too many big plays. TD's, 3rd and really longs. He has his moments. Just not enough of them. He reminds me of Otis Smith

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

When you say things like "you are clueless" after I just articulated my points with facts and substantiated support, that means I won the debate.

No, it simpoly means after reading what you wrote, it is still very obvious you dont understand the cap. try studying it, and then get back to me

You didn't counter with anything.  Obviously.

There is no need to, you very effectively pointed out you do not know what you are talking about

Only a moron would think that BB needs to race out to re-up Dennard before he needs to. This is what you do here and I cannot believe others don't call you on it:

But I never said "race out to resign him". I said he should be resigned "shortly" and followed that up with next year, most likely at the mid point in the season, the Pats will try, if Dennerd stays out of trouble and takes a team friendly deal

You introduce new gloom and doom scenarios that don't make sense.  You hope your ESPN employee access will get you some allies here, so when you do make these stupid comments, it gives you credence.

Doom and gloom? I stated quite clearly even you should understand it...the Pats have a GOOD problem on their hands...4 good CB's on the roster. I simply said Arrington looks to be #4, and his deal might make signing the others difficult

It won't work.   I bludgeoned you fair and square on our Jets cap bet with witnesses. I also nailed the BB offseason re-signs with Arrington and Edelman, right dow to the money and years. Also, witnessed by others here.

Everyone wanted Edelman resigned. Dont make believe you thought of it. Ditto Vollmer. Ditto Talib....most here wanted Arrington back, but were shocked at the $$$....dont lie...I am stating simple facts

You lost.  Big time.

What did I lose? Only my time spent pointing out you are again wrong.

Go away.

Done...wasting my time

The Rusty came up with Edelman resigned comment I must comment on. I was one of those who suggested we needed to resign him and Rusty actually made fun of that notion saying why spend the money on a STer. We have Amendola who will play the same role and Jones who's is better. Yeah, just another lie

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

pcm - did you really just compare a 100+ rec WR to a #4 CB and say because the #4 CB cost less it's a bargain? If that's the case then we should let Brady go to have signed Sanders. What a bargain that would have been. How can you even compare the 2? Welker was the #1 receiving target, Arrington is the 4th CB option with Talib the 1st, Dennard the 2nd, and now Ryan the 3rd

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

pcm - did you really just compare a 100+ rec WR to a #4 CB and say because the #4 CB cost less it's a bargain? If that's the case then we should let Brady go to have signed Sanders. What a bargain that would have been. How can you even compare the 2? Welker was the #1 receiving target, Arrington is the 4th CB option with Talib the 1st, Dennard the 2nd, and now Ryan the 3rd

Read the rest of the post instead of focusing on the first sentence.  People bash Arrington for being a "slot corner" and then have no problem shelling out big money to a "slot receiver".  The double standard is dumb.  The slot is important in today's NFL and I pointed out that compared to most of the top DB contracts in the NFL that Arrington is not getting paid big money.  A lot of guys like Talib and all the other guys that signed 1 year deals are gambling that last year was an aberration and that they can get more money on the open market this year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

When you say things like "you are clueless" after I just articulated my points with facts and substantiated support, that means I won the debate.

No, it simpoly means after reading what you wrote, it is still very obvious you dont understand the cap. try studying it, and then get back to me

You didn't counter with anything.  Obviously.

There is no need to, you very effectively pointed out you do not know what you are talking about

Only a moron would think that BB needs to race out to re-up Dennard before he needs to. This is what you do here and I cannot believe others don't call you on it:

But I never said "race out to resign him". I said he should be resigned "shortly" and followed that up with next year, most likely at the mid point in the season, the Pats will try, if Dennerd stays out of trouble and takes a team friendly deal

You introduce new gloom and doom scenarios that don't make sense.  You hope your ESPN employee access will get you some allies here, so when you do make these stupid comments, it gives you credence.

Doom and gloom? I stated quite clearly even you should understand it...the Pats have a GOOD problem on their hands...4 good CB's on the roster. I simply said Arrington looks to be #4, and his deal might make signing the others difficult

It won't work.   I bludgeoned you fair and square on our Jets cap bet with witnesses. I also nailed the BB offseason re-signs with Arrington and Edelman, right dow to the money and years. Also, witnessed by others here.

Everyone wanted Edelman resigned. Dont make believe you thought of it. Ditto Vollmer. Ditto Talib....most here wanted Arrington back, but were shocked at the $$$....dont lie...I am stating simple facts

You lost.  Big time.

What did I lose? Only my time spent pointing out you are again wrong.

Go away.

Done...wasting my time

The Rusty came up with Edelman resigned comment I must comment on. I was one of those who suggested we needed to resign him and Rusty actually made fun of that notion saying why spend the money on a STer. We have Amendola who will play the same role and Jones who's is better. Yeah, just another lie

He is a liar. That is what he does

he says the Arrington $$$ are a good deal because Mckelvin is making $7M. However Mckelvin is making $3M this year. Arrington also has more $$$ guaranteed than Mckelvin. 

Does this make Arrington an ovrr paid CB?

Rusty will now say he never said that

or he will disappear meaning he lost.... Again

and he cries when I imply he doesnt understand the cap....tears

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Read the rest of the post instead of focusing on the first sentence.  People bash Arrington for being a "slot corner" and then have no problem shelling out big money to a "slot receiver".  The double standard is dumb.  The slot is important in today's NFL and I pointed out that compared to most of the top DB contracts in the NFL that Arrington is not getting paid big money.  A lot of guys like Talib and all the other guys that signed 1 year deals are gambling that last year was an aberration and that they can get more money on the open market this year.

Slot is becoming important but there aren't nearly as many WRs even near Welker capability (he's considered the best slot WR in the game) to justify paying a slot CB the kind of money Arrington got. Arrington isn't even the best slot CB out there not even top 3 slot imo but he's paid like a #2 CB. For the most part too you don't see a lot of 3 WR sets except from only a couple of teams so the amount of time a slot CB see's in comparison to Welker doesn't mean they should get paid as much. You are as assuming all slot WRs play the same amount of time as Welker which isn't even close to the truth. In reality there are very few slot guys who see extended periods of time on the field. Welker is an exception because he's treated as a #1 WR not a #3 like most teams treat their slot guys. A better comparison would be to compare #3 WRs on teams to Arrington's contract not a #1 WR type. Btw Talib covered Welker at times, and they had a LB on Welker, and a S cheating. If you didn't noticed they made sure he was blanketed. It wasn't just Arrington on an island.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Ok. I think he typo'd the "is" part and meant to say isn't.  I also think his using Welkie at 6+ million as the slot WR and the defender parallel is a strong argument, that is of course, unless you think Arrington isn't good in the slot.

well i mean if you think Arrington isnt good in the slot you must have your eyes closed then. or not reconize his number this year is 25. Arrington is a VERY good slot cover guy, but moment he touches the outside i feel like his pyschie changes he plays scared. normally a GREAT tackler for a DB he seems to become weak once on the outside, with that being said a great slot CB and strong tackler as well best out of our CBs

Sections
Shortcuts