Kyle Orton Will Do Fine In Denver...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Kyle Orton Will Do Fine In Denver...

Josh McDaniels is a hell of a coach, as long as he lets his DC handle the defense and focus on making Orton and that offense good, Orton will do find.  Orton is a scrappy player who has never had a lot of talent around him on offense.   Now he has a great O-line, Brandon Marshall a franchise WR, and Eddie Royal a fast number two guy.  Now he has Knoshawn Moreno, a guy who the potential to be a Clinton Portis, franchise RB.   Orton reminds me of another QB from Purdue, Drew Brees, a guy who in San Diego struggled at times but at the end of his run turned into a solid QB, but once he got with a great offensive mind and good weapons he became a franchise QB.  

I think Jay Cutler, now with a worse O-line and WRs.  He'll struggled to make a Pro-Bowl.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Re: Kyle Orton Will Do Find In Denver...

[QUOTE]Josh McDaniels is a hell of a coach, as long as he lets his DC handle the defense and focus on making Orton and that offense good, Orton will do find.  Orton is a scrappy player who has never had a lot of talent around him on offense.   Now he has a great O-line, Brandon Marshall a franchise WR, and Eddie Royal a fast number two guy.  Now he has Knoshawn Moreno, a guy who the potential to be a Clinton Portis, franchise RB.   Orton reminds me of another QB from Purdue, Drew Brees, a guy who in San Diego struggled at times but at the end of his run turned into a solid QB, but once he got with a great offensive mind and good weapons he became a franchise QB.   I think Jay Cutler, now with a worse O-line and WRs.  He'll struggled to make a Pro-Bowl.
    Posted by DuncanOrange[/QUOTE] Denver got two great Picks. Cutler lost 3 games with 3 to play to lose out on the Playoffs. Maybee it's me but that does not spell Franchise QB

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I might agree that Orton could have success in Denver .  .  .

if I were the type of  person who ignores the evidence of his own eyes.

That he could be supplanted by the likes of Rex Grossman should tell us all we need to know about Orton. Of course, if we take into account what McDaniels was able to do with old friend Matt Cassel, it could be that Duncan has a point.

Nah .  .  .

Orton blows.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Re: Kyle Orton Will Do Fine In Denver...

Orton is Kyle Bollers twin, zero talent.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Denver got two great Picks. Cutler lost 3 games with 3 to play to lose out on the Playoffs. Maybee it's me but that does not spell Franchise QB
    Posted by patriots44[/QUOTE]

Yep - Cutler was THE ONLY reason they lost those games.  Josh McDaniels is a god

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]I might agree that Orton could have success in Denver .  .  . if I were the type of  person who ignores the evidence of his own eyes. That he could be supplanted by the likes of Rex Grossman should tell us all we need to know about Orton. Of course, if we take into account what McDaniels was able to do with old friend Matt Cassel, it could be that Duncan has a point. Nah .  .  . Orton blows.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Look - I can be convinced that a coach could be blinded by the "practiceablilty" of a player like Grossman, but aren't these evaluators and coaches supposed to be among the best 32 in the world? 

I admit from my midwestern couch that I thought orton should get a chance over Grossman.  He got it and performed decently. 

Here is the rub - the guy can be Trent Dilfer, but Trent Dilfer needed the best d in the NFL including an incredible supporting cast on O.  apparently he's got the O covered, but the D is bottom 3 in the NFL.

Kyle Orton cannot carry this team in the same way cutler did.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Kyle Orton Will Do Fine In Denver...

Devner had a horrible draft capping one of the worst offseason's I have seen.

Moreno was a useless reach that addresses a peripheral need. And Robert Ayers is the most overrated prospect in the top of the draft after Brian Cushing.

They essentially traded Cutler for Moreno. Darrel McBath??

The only pick I liked was Alphonso Smith who should be a solid corner at a good price.

Sections
Shortcuts