L

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

L

P

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Let the cryfest begin

For the love of god. This is like a bad horror movie with its train of worse sequels.

When will it end?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trox1. Show Trox1's posts

Meh I actually hope he does comeback for Minnesota.  I'm not much of a Favre fan at all and I believe he is 1 of the most overrated players in all of sports.  However putting him on that Minnesota team makes them a more legitimate superbowl contender.  As a fan of the game how could you not get into Favre on a solid Minnesota team going back to play against GB?  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brknwing. Show brknwing's posts

Please say it ain't so, not again, not the human interception machine, go back to Mississippi! and stay there. Sports News www.transworldnews.com/GetImg.aspx?id=87137&h=120&w=160&app=1 " alt="" align="right" /> Brett Favre to Meet with Minnesota Vikings to Discuss Possible Return   Atlanta, Ga. 5/05/2009 10:11 PM GMT (TransWorldNews)   Brett Favre may be wrapping up his second stint in retirement as reports have indicated that the NFL’s most prolific passer could be taking snaps for the Minnesota Vikings next year. According to several reports Favre will be meeting with Vikings head coach Brad Childress later this week.   Favre gained his unconditional release from the NY Jets after one season with the club opening the door for him to pursue another team. The idea of playing had been dismissed by Favre after tearing his biceps tendon late last year but that appears to be an afterthought now.   There has been no word from Favre concerning the meeting with Childress but it is believed he would be making a decision shortly after the two talk.   Minnesota’s quarterback position remains up in the air as Tarvaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels are said to be fighting for the starting sp
    Posted by Harleyroadking111

The nightmare continues.   Brett playing for Alberta Circa 2035.

www.ecumen.org/changing-aging/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/football-player.jpg" alt="" />

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

NFL's most prolific passer, where do they come off making that statement?
    Most drama-queenish, most indecisive, most likely to hold his team hostage i think are more suitable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Wing! Great to see you on the forum again, howya been? good I hope. This forum is OK no place for Timeout though. B will be happy to see you here....it's always good to see a member of the circle.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from THEGREATgymrat36. Show THEGREATgymrat36's posts

I think leon has been talking about brady so much lately because he wants his QB farve to come back and play for the jest....I love it when he cries, retires, plays, and then cries more!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

Wing....great to have you back....how's everything going, hopefully..all well!!

Since there are parts of Florida that are undergoing water shortages, shouldn't the ultimate crybaby come south and cry us a few rivers....LOL!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

Why not? It's entertainment! I'm already circling MNF vikes vs. GB.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brknwing. Show brknwing's posts

Thanks B and Harley,
    I have been reading more than posting on this new forum which is much better than the old one.  Between work and my family things have been quite hectic for me, but everything is good.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brackula. Show Brackula's posts

For the love of god. This is like a bad horror movie with its train of worse sequels. When will it end?
    Posted by zbellino

Jason versus Brett???

Would ANYBODY be rooting for Brett??? Yell

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

I think that it is funny that he wants to stick it to GB.....LOL!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

I think that it is funny that he wants to stick it to GB.....LOL!
    Posted by m1020us

So he's got motivation for 2 games and will mail it in for the rest of the season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Love him or hate him you are stupid if you dont think Brett Farve makes teh Vikings a better team. Lets see Farve, Jackson, or Sage? hummmmmm Farve all the way. I might not like him and i do think he should retire but he 100% makes the Vikes a better football team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I might not like him and i do think he should retire but he 100% makes the Vikes a better football team.             

That's not saying much. Since Jackson and Rosenfels are the only Vikings QBs, adding FA Kyle boller or JP Losman would likely make them a better team!!! But Favre does have an advantage in that he knows the OC well, and was coached by him in GB. That, coupled with his experience, would make it easier for him to learn the playbook than another QB. And while I don't doubt his heart or his mind, I still wonder if he is physically able to perform at a high level for another entire season. His injury aside, he seemed to be tiring out at the end of last year. The picks added up, and the Jests faded away (not that I'm going to lose any sleep over that). So while he may guide the Vikings into the postseason easier than one of the guys already there, the question is can he close the deal? If he declines in December or January, the Vikings are no better off than they are now. Except they'd probably sell more tickets. I think if he is cleared by his doctors he will try another comeback. Either way, I still don't see the Vikings as legitimate SB contenders.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

On the late news last night the local FOX affialiate ran a poll that said Vikings fan is in favor of Favre wearing purple 65-35. This is the guy who stood in the way of Vikings' success for sixteen years. This guy is Darth Vader. He is the face of the enemy, and retarded Vikings fan can't wait to welcome him with open arms. I find it amusing that there are Pats fans, who presumably paid attention to Green New Jersey last year, who think the Human Turnover actually makes Minnesota a better football team. Oh sure, Favre will occasionally make that seat-of-his-pants play that dupes people into thinking he can win games for you; but for every highlight-reel pass he completes there are going to be six or seven weak interceptions. That's just who he is. He's almost heroically uncoachable and can't function within an offense. He's a selfish freelancer and if you know nothing at all about the Vikings, know this: Chilly is all about control and doing things exactly his way. His stubborn refusal to admit that he completely blew the Tavaris Jackson experiment is going to cost him his job at the end of this season, and if you think Chilly and Favre can co-exist peacefully I should very much like to talk to you about some very lucrative real estate opportunities in the boundary waters of Saskatchewan. And let us not forget that the reason Green New Jersey would not re-sign Greybeard is because he refused to have surgery to repair a muscle tear in his throwing arm that cost the Jests a trip to the playoffs last season. Heaped on top of all of this is the speculation that Favre isn't even really that interested in competing for a championship (which is good, because he'll never last an entire season). It looks very much like what he wants to do is poke Green Bay with a stick one more time before he dies.

This move is beyond idiotic, which means, of course, the Vikings will do it. So congratulate Chilly and wish him luck if you see him, because we're not going to have Brad Childress to kick around next season. Trust me on that.

SAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

For any of us who have not yet overdosed on Human Turnover melodrama, some of the comments under this story are pretty funny.

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=2820?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUycaEacyU

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

For any of us who have not yet overdosed on Human Turnover melodrama, some of the comments under this story are pretty funny. http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=2820?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUycaEacyU
    Posted by prairiemike

It seems the owner is much more concerned with selling tickets (and jerseys) than playoff success. While Favre may be a slight upgrade over Rosenfels or Jackson, like is said by pretty much everyone, he cannot go a full season. He looked tired and burnt out last December. The fans have a right to be sceptical. They could have brought in Cassel, maybe even Cutler. The Jests tried a "go for it all" season last year, and it didn't work. How does Minnesota think they can do it? Childress is another of those coaches (like Wade and Norv) who is good as a coordinator but gets lost as a HC. I agree that most likely he will be updating his resume next January!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

This just in from The Story That Wouldn't Die:

The Human Turnover has sent x-rays of his throwing shoulder to the Vikings medical staff for evaluation. ESPN is trumpeting that if Favre needs anything less than "major surgery" (whatever that is), he will be suiting up for Minnesota this season.

Unless, of course, he changes his mind . . .

again . . .

or . . .  you know . . .

not.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

He should just stay home and hunt or fish or whatever he does in bfegypt down there!!! If he goes to the Vikings I hope the Packers pick him off 7 or 8 times in their divisional games. Then it would be another "going away party", and Childress would surely get canned (even though Ziggy will likely have the final say if they sign him) for the move. Maybe the Jests could hire Chilly to run their offense. He could ruin Sanchez and give us all another reason to rag on the Jests!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I cannot envision a scenario in which Chilly keeps his job after the coming season.

Sage Against the Machine!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

This just in from The Story That Wouldn't Die : The Human Turnover has sent x-rays of his throwing shoulder to the Vikings medical staff for evaluation. ESPN is trumpeting that if Favre needs anything less than "major surgery" (whatever that is), he will be suiting up for Minnesota this season. Unless, of course, he changes his mind . . . again . . . or . . .  you know . . . not.
    Posted by prairiemike

The Vikes have forwarded the Favre X-rays to the Mayo Clinic!  There is some sort of tumor in the throwing shoulder that metastasizes  into the football and results in an interception!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

Hey Harley. I hear what you're saying. I've grown tired of the Brett saga. Why doesn't the guy just get in the booth and be done with it already? Sheesh. Enough is enough. Just what is it that he's trying to prove, and to whom? Himself?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Hey Laurie, I'm not sure if I could listen to Brett in the booth, he is arrogant enough to think he can come back and play (gun sling) so I'm thinking he would arrogant in the booth as well....nice to see you posting always good to get a females take on things....cute pup too..LOL! I showed tedi's picture to my tedy and he says' WOOF! WOOF!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

Hey Laurie, I'm not sure if I could listen to Brett in the booth, he is arrogant enough to think he can come back and play (gun sling) so I'm thinking he would arrogant in the booth as well....nice to see you posting always good to get a females take on things....cute pup too..LOL! I showed tedi's picture to my tedy and he says' WOOF! WOOF!
    Posted by Harleyroadking111

lol Tell your Tedy my Tedi says hi.

As for Brett I guess I'm just assuming that's where he's destined to end up (commentator). Not sure if he'd bother me or not. But if you want to talk about someone that does irritate in the booth...can you say Chris Collinsworth? Nightmare.

Oh yeah, I'll end up posting more as the season starts I'm sure. I just don't get on line much lately. 

Sections
Shortcuts