LaCanforna reports Phins trying to trade Wallace

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

LaCanforna reports Phins trying to trade Wallace

Never was a fan of Wallace, even coming out of college. I dont see the Pats having the interest on Jackson or Wallace, unless they were willing to be paid as a 3rd or 4th option, which they wont.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: LaCanforna reports Phins trying to trade Wallace

Mike Wallace - WR - Dolphins

According to CBS' Jason La Canfora, the Dolphins have renewed attempts to trade Mike Wallace.

It's a story that's barely even worth discussing because Wallace is nearly impossible to trade. He signed a $60 million deal a year ago and is owed a whopping $15 million in 2014 base salary. The Miami Herald has previously disputed reports that Wallace is even on the block.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Gee, I can't imagine why the Dolphins suck every year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Never was a fan of Wallace, even coming out of college. I dont see the Pats having the interest on Jackson or Wallace, unless they were willing to be paid as a 3rd or 4th option, which they wont.

Agree.  No way NE would take on either of those contracts for those guys.  Not even close.  I don't think either guy would be a great fit, anyway.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

What a surprise.  I thought signing a me-first WR who runs 3 routes to a huge deal would have been a great idea.

Too bad the Pats don't sign slouches like this to ball and chain contracts.  Must be because Kraft is too cheap.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:

Gee, I can't imagine why the Dolphins suck every year.

They are trying to trade their biggest FA signing of last year.

AND

They are trying to trade their top draft pick that they traded up for...

They are not completely sold on the 2 FA LBer's as well....

That is the definition of an off season fail. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Mike-J-D's comment:

What a surprise.  I thought signing a me-first WR who runs 3 routes to a huge deal would have been a great idea.

Too bad the Pats don't sign slouches like this to ball and chain contracts.  Must be because Kraft is too cheap.

+1 in spades!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

He got the cash and played like he didn't care anymore...because he got his.....

This automatically enters him into this year's "Albert Haynesworth Slug of the Year" Award

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

One of the biggest mistakes an NFL team can make is to overpay for a flashy, narcissistic and expensive WR. Teams do this all the time. They associate success with a flashy WR with good numbers and mentally imagine the WR's numbers translating to several more wins per season and the playoffs.

It rarely works out that way. Wallace is just the latest in a long line of WR non-performers who soak up team cap space and team energy. Brady did great with no names like Givens, Branch and Troy Brown. The story has been the same across the league but few learn the lesson. Flashy WR make great headlines and excite the crowd but little else.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I LAUGHED when they signed him last year...apparently they missed when PIT sent the OBVIOUS sign that Wallace was no more than a #2 behind the immortal Antonio Bryant, from afar, they viewed him only marginally more valuable than Emmanuel Sanders.

And MIA swooped in with a flat-out STUPID contract. They have the worst management and ownership in football. Just toally clueless, classless, and utterly hopeless. So glad they're in the AFC East!!!!! They have possibly the most desirable home city to live in, FAs LOVE MIA, there are a TON of former-college Floridians who would be happy to go back...and they can't figure it out. I don't think Bobby Grier would do THIS bad of a job.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

I rather have a headache with Jackson instead of taking on Wallace. His behavior last year wasn't good at all. Although when his head is right he's real good. When that is no one will never know.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Can you spell Santonio...

..... .... ... ... ... ... ... .. .. .. .. .. .. it is spelled J-E-T-S

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I'm more a Dan Rather guy.  "What's the frequency Kenneth"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

I LAUGHED when they signed him last year...apparently they missed when PIT sent the OBVIOUS sign that Wallace was no more than a #2 behind the immortal Antonio Bryant, from afar, they viewed him only marginally more valuable than Emmanuel Sanders.

And MIA swooped in with a flat-out STUPID contract. They have the worst management and ownership in football. Just toally clueless, classless, and utterly hopeless. So glad they're in the AFC East!!!!! They have possibly the most desirable home city to live in, FAs LOVE MIA, there are a TON of former-college Floridians who would be happy to go back...and they can't figure it out. I don't think Bobby Grier would do THIS bad of a job.

I agree.  That's why it's hard to take the pundits seriously when they say this is definitely the year the Dolphins are going to take over the AFC East.  Especially since they've been saying that each of the last 5 years.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

But....the Dolphins went for it....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

At least Amendola had a legitimate excuse, injuries shouldn't be counted against performance. Wallace was not worth what the Dolphins paid for him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Mike Wallace - WR - Dolphins

According to CBS' Jason La Canfora, the Dolphins have renewed attempts to trade Mike Wallace.

It's a story that's barely even worth discussing because Wallace is nearly impossible to trade. He signed a $60 million deal a year ago and is owed a whopping $15 million in 2014 base salary. The Miami Herald has previously disputed reports that Wallace is even on the block.

No way anybody will touch Wallace at that price. Miami will end up releasing him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

A) I don't think one person on this entire message board wanted Mike Wallace last year

B) Miami's QB is below average. Their coaching staff sux. Their management sux.

If Denver doesn't win the SB in the next couple of years then you can talk about how going for it doesn't work. Until then, please, just stop...

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

A) I don't think one person on this entire message board wanted Mike Wallace last year

If Denver doesn't win the SB in the next couple of years then you can talk about how going for it doesn't work. Until then, please, just stop...

So Denver is the only team that is going for it? What is your point here bungahole?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

With neither an elite (top 3) defense nor an elite QB (top 10) you have no shot at a SB in today's NFL.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Can't you say the same about the Pats? Signing Revis, restructure Vince, bringing Kelly back, etc....I found all 3 of these moves out of the norm for BB

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

That's just flat out wrong. A LOT of people wanted him...just knew the 15mil per was outrageous and not nearly worth it.

I wanted him, as did many more. Again, wanted him on the team, not at any cost. I will say that NOBODY wanted to give him that contract.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Can't you say the same about the Pats? Signing Revis, restructure Vince, bringing Kelly back, etc....I found all 3 of these moves out of the norm for BB

rkarp, I get your point on Revis but I'm not sure I see it wrt VW or Kelly.  Were both of those moves unprecedented for BB?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

rkarp, I get your point on Revis but I'm not sure I see it wrt VW or Kelly.  Were both of those moves unprecedented for BB?

Signing a 32 year old DT coming off Achilles with Vince's cap hit, and signing a 33 year old DT coming off ACL? Yes, I would say both are unprecedented. Albert and Ellis, as well as TWash come to mind of course, but none of the were coming off such injuries. 

Sections
Shortcuts