1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: LaCanforna reports Phins trying to trade Wallace

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

But....the Dolphins went for it....

A) I don't think one person on this entire message board wanted Mike Wallace last year

B) Miami's QB is below average. Their coaching staff sux. Their management sux.

If Denver doesn't win the SB in the next couple of years then you can talk about how going for it doesn't work. Until then, please, just stop...

Can't you say the same about the Pats? Signing Revis, restructure Vince, bringing Kelly back, etc....I found all 3 of these moves out of the norm for BB

rkarp, I get your point on Revis but I'm not sure I see it wrt VW or Kelly.  Were both of those moves unprecedented for BB?

Signing a 32 year old DT coming off Achilles with Vince's cap hit, and signing a 33 year old DT coming off ACL? Yes, I would say both are unprecedented. Albert and Ellis, as well as TWash come to mind of course, but none of the were coming off such injuries. 

Yeah signing Revis for 1 year at a 25% pay cut, extending a core player like VW, and reducing Kelly to a million dollar salary was going for it......And trading for Talib, signing chad, extending Gronk and Hern early, trading for Moss and Welker, paying Moss 27 million for 3 more years,  signing Adalius, signing Stalworth,  trading for Dillion, signing Colvin, signing Rodney, trading for Ted Washington, benching the franchise QB, and starting the guy he drafted and promoted to back up QB from the 4rth spot on the depth chart....

Yeah this guys has been way out of character lately.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:

But....the Dolphins went for it....

A) I don't think one person on this entire message board wanted Mike Wallace last year

B) Miami's QB is below average. Their coaching staff sux. Their management sux.

If Denver doesn't win the SB in the next couple of years then you can talk about how going for it doesn't work. Until then, please, just stop...

Can't you say the same about the Pats? Signing Revis, restructure Vince, bringing Kelly back, etc....I found all 3 of these moves out of the norm for BB

rkarp, I get your point on Revis but I'm not sure I see it wrt VW or Kelly.  Were both of those moves unprecedented for BB?

Signing a 32 year old DT coming off Achilles with Vince's cap hit, and signing a 33 year old DT coming off ACL? Yes, I would say both are unprecedented. Albert and Ellis, as well as TWash come to mind of course, but none of the were coming off such injuries. 

Yeah signing Revis for 1 year at a 25% pay cut, extending a core player like VW, and reducing Kelly to a million dollar salary was going for it......And trading for Talib, signing chad, extending Gronk and Hern early, trading for Moss and Welker, paying Moss 27 million for 3 more years,  signing Adalius, signing Stalworth,  trading for Dillion, signing Colvin, signing Rodney, trading for Ted Washington, benching the franchise QB, and starting the guy he drafted and promoted to back up QB from the 4rth spot on the depth chart....

Yeah this guys has been way out of character lately.

Revis didnt take a pay cut.

My comment was regarding free agent signings..simply you having to go back in history 5-10 years ago proves the point BB broke norm this year...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

That's just flat out wrong. A LOT of people wanted him...just knew the 15mil per was outrageous and not nearly worth it.

I wanted him, as did many more. Again, wanted him on the team, not at any cost. I will say that NOBODY wanted to give him that contract.

Well, thats what I meant. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

I don't see Denver and NE's situation being the same. The Broncos spent big on 3 guys - guaranteed 20+ mil to 2 of them and another 15 to the other. The Pats only guaranteed VW 3 mil with incentives and options and I can't imagine Kelly is making all that much.

Sections
Shortcuts