Lack of carries for BJGE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTPatsFan17. Show CTPatsFan17's posts

Lack of carries for BJGE?

Sorry if this has already been covered, but what's up with only 7 carries for BJGE?  Last year he was getting between 15-20 almost every game.  If it was just a case of Woodhead having the hot hand that would explain it, but they both averaged 4.9 YPC.  Am I reading too far into this, maybe it's just Belichick being Belichick? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Lack of carries for BJGE?

Woodhead was the better match up against the Phins D. Nothing more then that. I expect you'll see BJGE and Woodhead trading the majority of carries depending on opponent. Stinks for fantasy owners but great to keep them fresh and take advantage of advantageous situations all season

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfaninswflorida. Show Patsfaninswflorida's posts

Likely that BB felt Woodhead would be more effective against the Miami defensive front...  not a bad problem to have when you have multiple RB's capable of 5 YPC....

...and we still have Ridley and Vereen waiting to see some action.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Game planning.  Woodhead fit the game plan they had for the Dolphins much better.  Receiving out of the backfield, blocking, etc..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTPatsFan17. Show CTPatsFan17's posts

I was hoping it was just a matchup thing and not a case of law firm being in BB's doghouse for some reason or an injury, etc.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

It is because Woodhead can slow down a pass rush with his speed on draw and receiving plays. At least that is what I am attributing it to.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Lawfirm I think was 7 carries 35 yards and td....No getting stuffed there. I like that we had 600 yards and all but I sure would like to see more of a run game.

Can't remember when a defense in the playoffs let a guy go almost untouched and throw for 500 yards.

I'm sure it was the game plan against this particular team and I hope we don't use it against a team that can get to Brady. "Sitting Duck" comes to mind.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

He'll get more touches against SD, and the Bolts know it.

"Defense Wins Championships"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Last night I sat next a fantasy guy at the bar who had the Law Firm on his team and was playing a guy with Brady at quarterback.

Ouch!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In Response to Re: Lack of carries for BJGE?:
    [QUOTE]Woodhead was making plays and Law Firm was getting stuffed, you go with the flow when calling a game and last night was not Law Firms night. End of story.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

STUFFED??????  Different situations call for different approaches.

Woodhead   14 carries  69 yards   4.93 yds/carry

Green-Ellis    7 carries   34 yards   4.86 yds/carry

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]It is because Woodhead can slow down a pass rush with his speed on draw and receiving plays. At least that is what I am attributing it to.
    Posted by oh-my-beard[/QUOTE]

exactly...clearly the game plan was to throw often and and early...Woodhead's game is the draw and screens...BJGE is a north south move the pile type....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Last night I sat next a fantasy guy at the bar who had the Law Firm on his team and was playing a guy with Brady at quarterback. Ouch!
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

And this is why I don't play any Pat's RBs on my fantasy team. TE's now that's a different story

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lack of carries for BJGE? : And this is why I don't play any Pat's RBs on my fantasy team. TE's now that's a different story
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

We actually had this exact conversation.

The Pats spread the ball around too much to offer any good fantasy guys besides Brady (and for the record, I don't play fantasy football), and even with the tight ends, they're both great, and of course they were both great last night, but you just know that game is gonna come when one or the other of them is going to go for an 0-for.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

They ran the hurry up don't forget...you  need a RB that is also a great pass catcher and blocker in that situation I would think. 

They got a Miami defense tired, and small quick guy will also expose that. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]Woodhead was making plays and Law Firm was getting stuffed, you go with the flow when calling a game and last night was not Law Firms night. End of story.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Brilliant run in the first quarter though for the PATS first TD.  I like that man's attitude....  Not to be denied...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTPatsFan17. Show CTPatsFan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lack of carries for BJGE? : And this is why I don't play any Pat's RBs on my fantasy team. TE's now that's a different story
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I've always stayed away from Pats RBs but figured law firm would build on his 1,000 yard season so I grabbed him to be my 3rd RB. I also have Ray Rice and Peyton Hillis, so I should be ok in that department Cool

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]They ran the hurry up don't forget...you  need a RB that is also a great pass catcher and blocker in that situation I would think.  They got a Miami defense tired, and small quick guy will also expose that. 
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

I get that the game plan was up tempo...but with 9 minutes left in the game, up by two touchdowns (31-17) we went 3 and out running the ball once taking .51 seconds off the clock, traded TD's then up 38-24 we run on 1st down, then throw two incomplete passes go 3 and out again, taking a little over 1 minute off the clock? Game plan be damned, up by 2 touchdowns it's about eating clock at that point but in our zeal to continuing the beatdown we forgot the fundemtal of clock management...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lack of carries for BJGE? : I get that the game plan was up tempo...but with 9 minutes left in the game, up by two touchdowns (31-17) we went 3 and out running the ball once taking .51 seconds off the clock, traded TD's then up 38-24 we run on 1st down, then throw two incomplete passes go 3 and out again, taking a little over 1 minute off the clock? Game plan be damned, up by 2 touchdowns it's about eating clock at that point but in our zeal to continuing the beatdown we forgot the fundemtal of clock management...
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

BT.... Your spot on with your assessment

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

They ran the spread offense and went no huddle. He's the best pass receiver so he was out there. Once they go no huddle they don't make any substitutions because it doesn't allow the Dolphins time to make the subs. If the Pats make substitutions they are required to allow the Dolphins the time to make their substitutions too which defeats the purpose of going no huddle. I think we are going to see quite a bit of that this year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

based on the game plan it was prob a match up thing we  didnt need the "hammer" that much  and woody is more of the "nail"

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

for me once the rooks have what they need 
    i like ridley as my 1, woody as 2 (for now), vereen(see what hes got) as 3, bjge as 4. went into this a little more on another thread. these guys just have some things that bjge does not have, though he is solid and works hard.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Lack of carries for BJGE?:
    [QUOTE]Sorry if this has already been covered, but what's up with only 7 carries for BJGE?  Last year he was getting between 15-20 almost every game.  If it was just a case of Woodhead having the hot hand that would explain it, but they both averaged 4.9 YPC.  Am I reading too far into this, maybe it's just Belichick being Belichick? 
    Posted by CTPatsFan17[/QUOTE]

Why bring this up?? Did you watch the game? The Pats put up over 600 yards of offense, and 38 points...against what was, on paper at least, a good defense. I'll be glad to take that type of offensive production every week. 

The NFL has become a passing league.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

48 passes ... 22 runs. Against a team like the Fins or Steelers, who like to run 34 sets, this is probably the mix they are going for.

There will be other teams they run more against. 

It's how NE game plans. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

It's not the amount of carries but production and efficiency 100+ yds and a score, wepicked up 1st downs when needed. When your toasting an opponent for 500+ why ground and pound? Think you guys might be micro reviewing  it a bit.

Sections
Shortcuts