Lack of Enthusiasm........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

was how the Patriots were described by announcers during the Iggles game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyyy. Show mikeyyy's posts

Funny, the same words were being used by the crowd in section 107 Friday night! Not sure what is causing the funk. I believe the starting defense was in against the Eagles opening drive with the exception of AD and Warren. I didn't have the advantage of replay but it looked like Mayo was holding his own. In my opinion, the first indicator of a defense with intensity issues is the quality of tackling.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Mikey,

On August 16 you said that there should be at least one Caucasian announcer during every NFL broadcast so the audience can understand what they're saying. I just want to remind everyone that you're a racist piece of $h!^

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyyy. Show mikeyyy's posts

[Quote]Mikey,

On August 16 you said that there should be at least one Caucasian announcer during every NFL broadcast so the audience can understand what they're saying. I just want to remind everyone that you're a racist piece of $h!^[/Quote]

That wasn't my exact quote, but based on the intellect of your other posts, I think "close enough" is about the best we are going to hope for. The most amusing part of your whining was when you mentioned I must be from Alabama and not MA based on my comments. It took 5 minutes for another poster (I believe it was TexasPat) to pick you up on your hypocrisy. The view must get fuzzy way up on that high horse you're on. Too funny . . . . .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

how is he a racist? did you see him at your last klan meeting or something hahaha

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

I think NFLn is experimenting with three color commentators during preseason - sounds something along the lines of three dudes forced to talk about the game continuously for three hours. It's ok for preseason but they were giving it to the Pats and seemed to enjoy it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

On August 16 you said that there should be at least one Caucasian announcer during every NFL broadcast so the audience can understand what they're saying.

Actually, if we took the diversity requirements that have been imposed on businesses and imposed them on the NFL, the whole complexion of the league would change, simply put.

Ergo, this statement would be obsolete.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Mikey,

What was your exact quotation? (That's right, Mr. Intellect, "quote" is a verb, "quotation" is a noun, but you wouldn't expect anyone who isn't Caucasian to know that, would you?) Please tell us all how you feel about sports announcers who aren't Caucasian. Or better yet, do something you haven't done yet, and APOLOGIZE FOR YOUR RACIST COMMENT.

Sonny,

I see you've decided to attack me whenever you can because I called you out for throwing Stephen Neal under the bus? So because of that you'd rather join a racist in attacking me? Sheesh, how low will you sink?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Mighty I was just messing around with ya man I know your not a member of the klan.... well i did see you wearing a hood and drinking some koolaide aroud a fire but that could mean anything haha just kidding man. Sonny is gong after you cause you and I called him out when he was bashing Neal pay no mind. See sonny I called you out on that Neal post and you went after me for a few days but the next time i saw you make a good point on a post did I continue to come after you? No I agreed with you. thats the way it goes man there is no use in holding a grudge against people you dont even know. I still think you were way crossing the line when you bashed Neal and I would argue with you about it till i was blue in the face but if you then make a perfectly good point about something else and I agree with what you have to say then I will have your back cause in the end we are all pats fans or well most of us anyways. I dont think what the kid said was that racist to be honest i have said worst and i dont consider myself a racist some people just have a different sense of humor and you should just leave it at that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyyy. Show mikeyyy's posts

[Quote]Mikey,

What was your exact quotation? (That's right, Mr. Intellect, "quote" is a verb, "quotation" is a noun, but you wouldn't expect anyone who isn't Caucasian to know that, would you?) Please tell us all how you feel about sports announcers who aren't Caucasian. Or better yet, do something you haven't done yet, and APOLOGIZE FOR YOUR RACIST COMMENT.

Sonny,

I see you've decided to attack me whenever you can because I called you out for throwing Stephen Neal under the bus? So because of that you'd rather join a racist in attacking me? Sheesh, how low will you sink?[/Quote]

Settle down little man, you're getting way too excited. I appreciate the input on the "quote" "quotation" issue. Groundbreaking stuff, keep up the good work. Face it, you are not going to agree with every word spoken or written. . . . It's really one of the basic ideas that formed this country. Learn to live with it. If I hurt your feelings, I'm sorry, but it is difficult sometimes to predict how sensitive some people can become. Watch Hillary tonight, you'll feel better.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Speaking of communication, what exactly does "affluent in their comments" mean, Sonny?

Also, gotta love Adam's allusion to "that chick that is not so hot." I presume this is a reference to Minny native Michelle Tafoya, who stands apart from most of her distaff colleagues (?). While dopes like Sharpe, Faulk and Michael Irvin are annoying, at least they have marginal insight, even if they don't communicate it very well. I would love to see the networks jettison all the fluffed and fitted sideline eye candy. Does some bubble-headed bleach blonde asking the coach how he plans to adjust at halftime, or worse, how he feels, really add anything to the viewing experience?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

LOL.....wish I could have changed the title of the thread to "Racism and Sexism in the NFL".....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

Sorry to interrupt the finger pointing. But, back to subject...I can see why there is a lack of enthusiasm. What is the upside to the preseason? Mainly for rookies. The downside is that a player gets hurt, misses the season and has to take a cut in pay (Tank) or worse yet, gets cut (a la Webster). Would any of you risk your job on something that doesn't really matter? Rookies and guys whose roster spots are uncertain, I can see going all out. So..lets get to the 18 game season and make the preseason 2 games.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

your last comment about me Sonny just proves that you have no idea what I am about. All the regulars know that I am in no way the person you are trying to make me out to be, you can try and slander my name all you want to try and make what i have said about you on this forum less true but it wont work. The people who kno wme know that I have a big football IQ and I am by no means a stalker the way you are trying to make me seem i am simply a smarter football fan then you but i guess to that must mean I am a super fan. whatever man your a dick.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

I don't get why people get all heated about trolls and stuff but when someone disparages every person on the planet who isn't white you all ignore it like it's no big deal. But whatever Mikey, you won't even apologize for making a racist comment, and Sonny backs you for no reason other than he doesn't like me. I'd like this forum to be a place where people who aren't white can discuss football without being insulted because of the color of their skin but apparently you two don't think so, so whatever, I'm done with both of you.

I didn't see any lack of enthusiasm by the starters last Friday against the Eagles. We simply got beat on a few drives and have to step it up come September 7. We've all seen the way these guys play when it matters; they're gonna kick a$$ all the way to Tampa.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

my favorite commentators are-chris berman,tom jackson rod woodson,steve young,mike ditka adam sandler with his cracks,and predictions.my worst are marshal faulk,sterling sharpe,mark shlerith,terry bradshaw,howie long,keyshawn johnson.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Chris Collinsworth is the man, Steve Young is the man, rod woodson is the man, Rich Eison is the man, Gino Capeletti is the MAN!

Everyone on fox news sucks balls except Jimmy Johnson, and everyone on ESPN sucks balls. Cris Carter and Marshal Faulk are awful. I liked Cris Carter on Inside the NFL but as soon as he started working for ESPN its like he is now being told what to say or something cause he went from being a great commentator to being a joke.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsball. Show patsball's posts

[Quote]Chris Collinsworth is the man, Steve Young is the man, rod woodson is the man, Rich Eison is the man, Gino Capeletti is the MAN!

Everyone on fox news sucks balls except Jimmy Johnson, and everyone on ESPN sucks balls. Cris Carter and Marshal Faulk are awful. I liked Cris Carter on Inside the NFL but as soon as he started working for ESPN its like he is now being told what to say or something cause he went from being a great commentator to being a joke.[/Quote]

Jimmy Johnson Works at fox news ??? Looks like we got a bright one here.

Sections
Shortcuts