Lance Briggs a Patriot....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Lance Briggs a Patriot....

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/6947034/chicago-bears-lance-briggs-9-11-uniform-tribute-approved-nfl

Okay, so the title was deceiving. He's not a player for the New England Patriots - but he's trying to wear custom shoes and gloves on 9/11 as a tribute.

One commentator thinks rules need to be adhered to, the other say it would be okay to do.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Lance Briggs a Patriot....

Every player or member of the coaching staff should be able to wear custom shoes, patches, and gloves, with the stipulation they have to donate all "fine" money to the 9/11 fund. 

Or the NFL should put the signed "memorabilla" up for auction via their website with all money going to the 9/11 fund

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

If I'm Briggs, I wear what I want to (assuming it's a genuine tribute, not a self advertising move).

If the NFL sends a fine, I then go in front of the press and say something to the effect of "I wore special equipment as a tribute to all the lost lives of innocent people, firefighters and emergencies crews, and all the lost lives of servicemen since, and then signed and donated that equipment to charity...and the NFL fined me $XXXXX for it."

That's all, let the court of public opinion then tear them to shreds.

I expect the league would let players wear what they want, within reason. They shut down the whole league when it happened, to not allow players to reckognize it now would be foolish. I don't see it.

Anyone who thinks the "rules should be adhered to" needs to get a life. Rules are generally a guideline, but exceptions are made. "Thou shalt not kill", except when...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

any genuine tribute should be acknowledged as such, fines are beyond absurd in this instance. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

The NFL already said yesterday players can wear red, white and blue on 9/11.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/09/nfl-says-players-can-wear-red-white-and-blue-on-911/

Obviously never was a problem for players on the Patriots.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

No biggie, the Patriots already have red, white and blue in their unis and helmets

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: Lance Briggs a Patriot....:
    [QUOTE]Every player or member of the coaching staff should be able to wear custom shoes, patches, and gloves, with the stipulation they have to donate all "fine" money to the 9/11 fund.  Or the NFL should put the signed "memorabilla" up for auction via their website with all money going to the 9/11 fund
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Think about it; a rule like this would start a contest within the league for the most "colorful" shoes and/or gloves, for sure.

Not what I want to see on Sundays.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

911 is no day to be celebrated. 911 is a date in which the us has committed many immoral acts against other countries and people. if lance briggs can tell me the motive behind the 911 attacks i will have no problem with him wearing whatever he wants. but i see no need to support nfl players cheerleading such an event they know nothing about in the name of patriotism... whatever that means.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]911 is no day to be celebrated. 911 is a date in which the us has committed many immoral acts against other countries and people. if lance briggs can tell me the motive behind the 911 attacks i will have no problem with him wearing whatever he wants. but i see no need to support nfl players cheerleading such an event they know nothing about in the name of patriotism... whatever that means.
    Posted by cantstopme[/QUOTE]

Save your yahoo conspiracy horse crap for another day. Nearly two thousand innocent Americans lost their lives on that day and weather or not there was anything "behind" it should be argued by someone that knows something and not some 2 bit half wit that would pee his pants if he was standing 11 blocks away on the day it happened. No one is celebrating anything, we're remembering people that will not get the chance to see their kids grow up. If some whinny little linebacker wants to wear fancy gloves - let him - better than some tool throwing out worldly conspiracy theories the day before it's anniversary.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

what conspiracy am i throwing out there? talk about beating up a straw man. guess what einstein... the official 911 story is a conspiracy! people die everyday. do you know how many people the US has killed in the middle east since 911? people die everyday!! talk about a 2 bit half wit. don't butt into a convo your obviously ignorant and overly, along with unsubstantially emotional over. it's ignorant robots like you who disgust me and allow these corporate thugs to do whatever they want. grow a backbone and educate yourself!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

Loose Change? never heard of it. again, your a fool who is attacking a straw man. do you even know what a straw man is? your idiocy really shows in your lack of substance and your use of personal attacks rather than logic/reasoning/evidence. your an uneducated fool who spends too much time thinking about sports. you have no substance, your an empty vessel to used as the powers above you wish. there is nothing honorable about people like you. you are a coward with twisted logic and without the capacity to think for yourself.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

you wanna remember people who have been murdered? petition for a national "remember those who have been murdered day"... 9/11 is sham, a spectacle to keep little sheep like you quiet and "patriotic" whatever patriotic means!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

also, you talk about fighting for rights... do you follow politics and national policy? since 911 you haven't gained any rights.. you've lost rights!!! starting with the patriot act. you are truly an ignorant fool

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]what conspiracy am i throwing out there? talk about beating up a straw man. guess what einstein... the official 911 story is a conspiracy! people die everyday. do you know how many people the US has killed in the middle east since 911? people die everyday!! talk about a 2 bit half wit. don't butt into a convo your obviously ignorant and overly, along with unsubstantially emotional over. it's ignorant robots like you who disgust me and allow these corporate thugs to do whatever they want. grow a backbone and educate yourself!

It's really too bad you do not act upon your own advice to educate yourself. Do you realize the US still has not killed any where near the number of Iraqis that Saddam Hussein did. And that is including all those killed in Gulf War I and II as well as all those killed since Gulf War II? Nope, not even close to 10% as many. Did you know that all the people that die on 9/11 had nothing to do with the killing anyone in the middle east. Did you know that all those conspiracy theories about 9/11 were thought up by leeches that wanted to attain self agrandizement through the abuse of the memories of the innocents that died that day in those towers. Did you know that the people who perpatrated the attacks on the World Trade Center believe that if you don't think exactly like them, then you should die?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

"It's really too bad you do not act upon your own advice to educate yourself. Do you realize the US still has not killed any where near the number of Iraqis that Saddam Hussein did." that's called an ad hominem. the illegal war on iraq is a totally different story. what weapons of mass destruction?

"Did you know that all those conspiracy theories about 9/11 were thought up by leeches that wanted to attain self agrandizement through the abuse of the memories of the innocents that died that day in those towers"

you shoud look up the definition of the word conspiracy. like i told the other bozo, the oficial 911 story put out by the government is a conspircy. was there ever a trial? was anyone ever convicted? i don't think so.

"Did you know that the people who perpatrated the attacks on the World Trade Center believe that if you don't think exactly like them, then you should die?"

did you know that nobody has been convicted for the acts of 911? did you know that the fbi refused to list 911 under osamas wanted article because as they along with other government agencies admitted, there was no ACTUAL EVIDENCE that osama was behind 911, or muslims for that matter? no! what i do know is that you watch main stream media as you list off all of their nonsensicle talkting points. did you know that christians believe if you don't accept jesus as your savior you go to hell? did you know that in the jewish talmud it's ok for jews to kill non jews or goyin as they call us? did you know that you don't know much at all?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Honoring and remembering those that died for our country on 9/11.....Remembering and meditating.....

No it is not a day to celebrating

Tell those that lost loved ones to forget about that day..... 

For those that think tomorrow for the NFL and its players is a cheerleading competition.....I am sorry you think that

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]911 is no day to be celebrated. 911 is a date in which the us has committed many immoral acts against other countries and people. if lance briggs can tell me the motive behind the 911 attacks i will have no problem with him wearing whatever he wants. but i see no need to support nfl players cheerleading such an event they know nothing about in the name of patriotism... whatever that means.

"...911 is the date in which the United States committed many immoral acts against other countries and people?"

It must warm the hearts of every service man to read this sort of garbage, and know that they're fighting to keep knuckleheads like you safe from the ravages of terrorism.

Watch out, moron. The men in the white coats are gaining on you.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

[QUOTE]Honoring and remembering those that died for our country on 9/11.....Remembering and meditating..... No it is not a day to celebrating Tell those that lost loved ones to forget about that day.....  For those that think tomorrow for the NFL and its players is a cheerleading competition.....I am sorry you think that
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

remember it all you want, it's not a national holiday. theres plenty of other atrocities going on in the us and around the globe to be stuck on one incident that pales in comparison to what the united states has done to other countries. do you remember the 30+ us soldiers who were killed on the uss liberty in a terrorist attack by israel? you've probably never even heard of it! we can spend our lifetime remembering the dead.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lance Briggs a Patriot.... :      "...911 is the date in which the United States committed many immoral acts against other countries and people?"      It must warm the hearts of every service man to read this sort of garbage, and know that they're fighting to keep knuckleheads like you safe from the ravages of terrorism.      Watch out, moron. The men in the white coats are gaining on you.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

joining the army out of ignorance and ignorantly killing innocent people isn't anything to honor and i wouldn't waste the time out of my day to consider what they think. fighting to keep me safe? hehehe please spare me the bs! honorable isn't going to war. honorable is not going to war. do you know the history of the date of 9/11? not 9/11/01 but september 11th in general? go do some reading. september of the 11th is in fact a day of murder by the US throughout history. start with chile in 9/11/1973.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Cantstopme, you are clear evidence of what happens to people with 80 IQ's or less. First of all you know nothing about the FBI or any other government agency in this or any other country. Nothing. You know nothing about what happens around the world or what is happening right now. All you need to know and all that you've seen, is a couple of planes fly into the World Trade Center - killing innocent Americans. This is all your tiny brain should and is allowed to comprehend...and you can't even handle that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Cantstopme, you are clear evidence of what happens to people with 80 IQ's or less. First of all you know nothing about the FBI or any other government agency in this or any other country. Nothing. You know nothing about what happens around the world or what is happening right now. All you need to know and all that you've seen, is a couple of planes fly into the World Trade Center - killing innocent Americans. This is all your tiny brain should and is allowed to comprehend...and you can't even handle that.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Do you believe this guy?? No wonder our country is coming apart at the seems.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lance Briggs a Patriot.... :      Do you believe this guy?? No wonder our country is coming apart at the seems.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

you don't have a country. you're a wage slave and you are powerless. this country is coming apart because people like you prefer to be told what to do rather than do what you feel is right. it's coming apart because people like you don't learn about history, you are taught history. there is a fine line between being taught and learning. there is also a difference between knowledge and wisdom. you guys may have an education, and my have some knowledge of trivial things like sports and music, but you far behind when it comes to your own countries policies and the policies your country enforces on other nations. it's very sad.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lance Briggs a Patriot.... : no mthurl, that is all that YOUR tiny brain can handle. speak for yourself, or don't speak at all. you've already proven yourself unworthy of responding to as you are clueless. so please stop responding to me. thank you.

Don't speak at all? Hmmm. Yeah, sorry. That's what happens when you don't have rights as an American; which is what evidently you support and would wish would happen. Why don't you crawl back in the cave you came from and cozy up with your bearded friend? Perhaps you both can enjoy a nice can of soup or something. You should be embarrassed to be an American. You should be embarrassed to be a human being. And I'll say again, you know nothing about anything. Even the people you support would laugh at your sorry sad sack of a brain.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Gloves and shoes don't make a man a Patriot.  His actions in support of his country are what makes him a Patriot.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]you're heroes are across the globe killing innocent people in the name of profit. our troops are fighting a war for israel. our government is demonizing palestine and islam to keep you fools clueless about the inhuman acts going on in gaza by israel. you people should really be ashamed of yourselves.

Go spew your political rhetoric somewhere else!