LaRon Landry to visit Patriots Friday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

Re: LaRon Landry to visit Patriots Friday

Well count me as wrong seeing as we just agreed with Gregory. I would like to think both guys are still an option.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: LaRon Landry to visit Patriots Friday:
    Well count me as wrong seeing as we just agreed with Gregory. I would like to think both guys are still an option.
    Posted by Asher77

LOL, well Asher I think you were partially right. If there was already a backup plan in place or if there was some depth at th position there is no doubt in my mind he'd take the risk on Landry. Look at Moss he got Welker and Stallworth before Moss so if it didn't work out no big deal. With Haynesworth he had G Warren on speed dail, Wilfork, Love, and Brace and Deadrick coming back so if Haynesworth didn't work not a big deal. Now look at our S's, it's basically Chung and only Chung. If Landry failed there is nothing behind him. That's why I think he played it a bit more safe on this one. Maybe he might still give Landry a shot but only if he's got the depth were if it doesn't work he can release him with little worry. That's what makes BB smart. He'll take the chances only after he minimizes the risks, not before

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Absolutely to both Asher and Eng.  BB should get Landry too.  Every year I get sucked into the fan frenzy about landing this big time name or that one and since we have the money, why not - theory.  But what BB does is he hedges his bets.  He fills holes with low risk - high reward types.  He plays the laws of averages.  If he hits on half of his moves, he's paid less than half of the other teams for equal production.  He won't spend $50-100MM on one player.  This is stupid Buffalo, TB and Detroit games.  What if that player gets hurt?  You're screwed!!!!!

This has been BB's hallmark and every year (myself included) we think he'll act differently and spend his money on one or two big name stars.  Well, we're wrong again.  I actually love what he's doing.  Now there is no stress in the draft about us thinking we need this or that.  We'll take the best player there, move back, gain picks and still land solid players 50% of the time, which is average for every team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from df5. Show df5's posts

Landry is a 4 game suspension waiting to happen- if he isn't injured. That's the thing about PEDs

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Landry is a 4 game suspension waiting to happen- if he isn't injured. That's the thing about PEDs
    Posted by df5

Between that, the injures, and that he's still an injured player I wouldn't touch him unless it's a contract you can get out of quickly without much penality in terms of cap and that you had the players in place so you weren't counting on him playing a significant role anyways. By then if you do sign him and he gives you something it's almost gravy but if he can't give you anything you can cut bait and not need to worry

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

Near the end of the You-Tube clip he seperates a NY Giant receiver from the ball.  That's all I needed to see.  Sign him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

How come PFT is reporting that he's visiting the Jets this weekend?  Someone is not getting their story straight.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/16/jets-to-host-free-agent-laron-landry-this-weekend/

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

He has a visit today with the Pats and after that he can take a quick flight to N.Y. to meet with the Jets on Saturday, there is no wrong story. The Jets are hosting R.Nelson today and I hope they sign him and I hope The Pats dont let Landry get to N.Y.

Hopefully he checks out medically.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

From what I have read he is injury prone and not a lot of shining remarks about his play.  But with the injury prone stuff then he will fit right in with the current D backfield, unfortunately!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

11. The Patriots will host Redskins S LaRon Landry on a visit Friday. He has played 17 games the past two seasons and is coming off Achilles surgery. It is not known if he will workout for the team. The Jets were mentioned as a possible suitor, but they will host Bengal S Reggie Nelson the same day.

12. Eng, this is an piece from G.Bedard a few days ago and this is where I heard he had the surgery already. I dont know if its true or not, just thought Id post so you saw what I meant and didnt think I was making it up. Like I said, only person who really needs to know is B.B. anyway.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Absolutely to both Asher and Eng.  BB should get Landry too.  Every year I get sucked into the fan frenzy about landing this big time name or that one and since we have the money, why not - theory.  But what BB does is he hedges his bets.  He fills holes with low risk - high reward types.  He plays the laws of averages.  If he hits on half of his moves, he's paid less than half of the other teams for equal production.  He won't spend $50-100MM on one player.  This is stupid Buffalo, TB and Detroit games.  What if that player gets hurt?  You're screwed!!!!! This has been BB's hallmark and every year (myself included) we think he'll act differently and spend his money on one or two big name stars.  Well, we're wrong again.  I actually love what he's doing.  Now there is no stress in the draft about us thinking we need this or that.  We'll take the best player there, move back, gain picks and still land solid players 50% of the time, which is average for every team.
    Posted by Faucetman

The Pats could have had safety Dashon Goldson last year, but allowed themselves to be beaten out by the 49ers. Are they now facing a similar situation with Landry?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

In Response to Re: LaRon Landry to visit Patriots Friday : You're either drunk or just a WEIRD dude, but I will risk a REPLY. I think Landry is a good PLAYER. I frankly don't CARE, how much WEIGHT he can lift. But my LARGER point is he is often INJURED. It doesn't matter if he's a workout WARRIOR or if he has a CHAMPIONSHIP PEDIGREE, if he can't stay on the FIELD. We're not talking about show DOGS here. CAPICHE?
    Posted by Muzwell

Listen no one's saying to throw the kitchen sink at him but he is absolutley worth the risk for a year of heavily incentive based $. POINT is that He's has been often injured in the past 2 years (CORRECT) but Really look back at Chungs carreer and even Rodney's and tell me if you dont see the same strech of injuries!!!! Dont begin to pretend you know anything about this player or anything about big BICEPS if u CLEARLY DO NOT. COMPRENDO?? #PERIOD

• You have chosen to ignore posts from df5. Show df5's posts

In Response to Re: LaRon Landry to visit Patriots Friday : Listen no one's saying to throw the kitchen sink at him but he is absolutley worth the risk for a year of heavily incentive based $. POINT is that He's has been often injured in the past 2 years (CORRECT) but Really look back at Chungs carreer and even Rodney's and tell me if you dont see the same strech of injuries!!!! Dont begin to pretend you know anything about this player or anything about big BICEPS if u CLEARLY DO NOT. COMPRENDO?? #PERIOD
    Posted by PuPirate

What the hell are you talking about. I can't speak for other people. But I never claimed to know anything about him. But I have seen him. I have been lifting since junior high and I am 100% percent certain that he is on PEDs of some sort. Which lead to injuries and quite often, suspensions.

Relax and unclench. Jesus.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

If the price is right, bring him in.  When healthy, he can be a force.  Maybe between Landry and Chung, one of them can be healthy each week...

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

If the price is right, bring him in.  When healthy, he can be a force.  Maybe between Landry and Chung, one of them can be healthy each week...
    Posted by Faucetman

thats what i posted somewhere tonight faucet. id rather have had others. but between the 2 (landry and chung) of them, hopefuly one will be healthy for each game

• You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

The Patriots will host Redskins S LaRon Landry on a visit Friday. He has played 17 games the past two seasons and is coming off Achilles surgery . It is not known if he will workout for the team. The Jets were mentioned as a possible suitor, but they will host Bengal S Reggie Nelson the same day. Eng, this is an piece from G.Bedard a few days ago and this is where I heard he had the surgery already. I dont know if its true or not, just thought Id post so you saw what I meant and didnt think I was making it up. Like I said, only person who really needs to know is B.B. anyway.
    Posted by JayShizzle45

He has not had the surgery. The Skins wanted him to, but he refused, which is why the Skins decided to let him go and bring in Merriweather instead.

The over/under on both Dowling and Landry missing the same game due to injury is week 3.

• Sections
    Shortcuts