Laron Landry

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Laron Landry

Even if you don't think he's injury prone or his coverage ability is sketchy here is another reason why he isn't the answer at safety.  He is a PED suspension waiting to happen:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/23/laron-landry-is-the-hulk/
    http://twitter.com/#!/encoresportsceo/status/172724072327811072/photo/1/large

I mean this can't be real can it?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: Laron Landry

It is real but that wont help him on the field, it is just like when David Boston bulked up. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He's actually smart, cover wells and plays run support very well. He plays both Strong and Free safety positions that BB loves to see in his Safeties. 

I dont like him cause I don't think he's fast enough to catch someone if he's in cover-1. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

This guy always had big arms, but man he looks like a body builder there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

I really hopie we give him a shot....not jsut from those pictures like all around

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Alot of talk down here in the DC area that he has a fairly significant achilles injury that needs surgery. When he's in the lineup he can be game changer but he is hurt quite a bit

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

I live in the DC area. Landry has missed about half of the games the past two years because of achilles problems. He chose not to have surgery this past year, hoping that plasma-rich therapy will fix it.

He is a bigger Bob Sanders. He can (not) play right next to Ras-I. Let's find a healthy safety.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Give me Branch over Landry any day of the week. No injury problems, fast as **** and is a very good tackler. Not to mention the kid is in his prime and the Raiders most likely can't afford to keep him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Bad achilles= steroids

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

With Fred Davis tagged, LaRon Landry likely will leave

Bills' Jackson runs past Redskins' Landry during the first half of their NFL football game in TorontoReuters

The Redskins have decided to use the franchise tag on tight endFred Davis.  And since there’s only one tag to be used, it means that every other unrestricted free agent on the team will be able to hit the open market.

One of those unrestricted free agents is safety LaRon Landry, the sixth overall pick in the 2007 draft.

Per a league source, Landry is currently expected to hit the open market, and to leave the Redskins.

The Redskins retain until March 13 at 4:00 p.m. ET the exclusive (eye roll) negotiating rights to Landry.  Thereafter, he’ll be free to sign with a new team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

a guy doing this much work on his bis and tris (clearly "show" growth not strength- training is specific), is not thinking football (unless he's thinking a wr will see his arms and fall to the ground).

for a football player, give me a power lifter any day over a bodybuilder.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ron-Burgandy. Show Ron-Burgandy's posts

Could Belichick bring him in for that hybrid safety/LB role he tried to have McGowan and a few other try a few years ago? I cannot recall the other guys they tried it with. I say no as it looks like he will tear a bicep on his first tackle attempt. He just go stright to WWE.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I would take any S over Landry at this point. Well maybe not Brown but almost any S. Landry has his achilles issue that has plagued him for 16months now. Instead of having surgery to fix it he elected for alternative natural medication. He might not even play next year because of that issue. Now he's become a body building mass without having the ability to play on the field with isnew body. I doubt he'd ever be able to perform anywhere close to a starting level S

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

"I dont like him cause I don't think he's fast enough to catch someone if he's in cover-1. "

I guess you dont like any NFL safeties. This dude ran a 4.3 40, you remember that.  He is a heat seaking missle. Not many safeties are faster are him.

Take away his bad achilles, his supposed p.e.d and he is an All -Pro player worth taking a chance at if Washington doesnt want him. Period

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Laron Landry:
    [QUOTE]"I dont like him cause I don't think he's fast enough to catch someone if he's in cover-1. " I guess you dont like any NFL safeties. This dude ran a 4.3 40, you remember that.  He is a heat seaking missle. Not many safeties are faster are him. Take away his bad achilles, his supposed p.e.d and he is an All -Pro player worth taking a chance at if Washington doesnt want him. Period
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Yes take away the thing that has limited his playing time to 17games in 2 seasons and has severely impacted his performance on the field and the condition he refuses to have surgery to fix in which his alternative medication has had zero impact to heal and many doctors feel might prevent him from playing in 12' effectively if at all. Other then that yes he's a great player. Oh yeah lets also forget about his recent body building that has been linked to potential P.E.D. use that could get him suspended by the league for multiple games. Yes lets pick this guy up right away. It like picking up Bob Sanders on drugs. Great use of money here  lol

Sorry Jay but that's like saying if flipping off your boss while smoking up got you a raise then we'd all be doing it. Well sometimes you have to call a duck a duck and in this case Landry is way to much of a risk to take a chance on him much like B Sanders was before

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Im sorry, I dont know much about the Peds thing and how serious it is. I know we have taken risks before and if its as bad as you say it is, he should be had at a one year, 1 mill deal , No?

For all the wasted money last year, I wouldnt mind spending 1 million on a guy who may be ready after week 6, and even if not,the guy is still young enough to take a chance on, even if its for next year.

Thats just my opinion, but guys like this dont come around often. Knowing B.B., I'd bet he'd atleast look into it. Its how he got Rodney. At the time, Rodney was done according to Marty with a serious groin injury and Rodney has also been linked to P.E.D's right? 

This guy is the hardest (legal) hitting safety out there. He made a lick on a guy last year knocking him out of bounds so hard, i thought the guy died right there on the sideline and it was right in his chest, no head contact.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Laron Landry:
    [QUOTE]Im sorry, I dont know much about the Peds thing and how serious it is. I know we have taken risks before and if its as bad as you say it is, he should be had at a one year, 1 mill deal , No? For all the wasted money last year, I wouldnt mind spending 1 million on a guy who may be ready after week 6, and even if not,the guy is still young enough to take a chance on, even if its for next year. Thats just my opinion, but guys like this dont come around often. Knowing B.B., I'd bet he'd atleast look into it. Its how he got Rodney. At the time, Rodney was done according to Marty with a serious groin injury and Rodney has also been linked to P.E.D's right?  This guy is the hardest (legal) hitting safety out there. He made a lick on a guy last year knocking him out of bounds so hard, i thought the guy died right there on the sideline and it was right in his chest, no head contact.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Jay there is a huge difference between Rodney's groin issue and Landry's Achilles. Landry's Achilles is potentially career ending and this kid refuses multiple times to risk having surgery to have it healed (which I commend him for his long term health perspective). From most accounts his long term health is better letting it heal naturally but short term there is no realistic possibility he can play anywhere near his capabilities and he's risks even further injury if he even tries.

As with the PEDs, there was never any speculation about Rodney and PEDs before coming to the Pats, there is with Landry.

Additionally with Landry, have you seen his body builder body now? The kid has bulked up his upper body without taking meaningful practice on the field. There is no telling how that has affected his mobility and agility. He might hit like a ton of bricks but can he even cover guys anymore if he can't cut, run full speed, and has lost agility? If they wanted a guy who would line players up then try to hit them full force they would have kept Meri. Not worth the contract imo. I'd rather get Ihedigbo back then give the same money to Landry

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

again, like I said, I havent looked into everything. I didnt know his injury situation was that bad, but if you want Idebegho back instead of this guy, we will just have to agree to disagree on that one.

I give a bit of a pass to # 44 as I believe his ability to hit was gone after he hurt his shoulder and he still gutted it out, but going forward we need a Much more talented player than a umass amherst product who played special teams for the Jets and couldnt keep a job there despite their poor safety play.

When it really comes down to it, I may be chasing a ghost w/Landry, but at the very least we need to upgrade from having # 44 being a starter.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Yes we are going to have to agree to disagree on Landry but we both seem to agree that a upgrade at S is needed

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Laron Landry:
    [QUOTE]Even if you don't think he's injury prone or his coverage ability is sketchy here is another reason why he isn't the answer at safety.  He is a PED suspension waiting to happen: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/23/laron-landry-is-the-hulk/ http://twitter.com/#!/encoresportsceo/status/172724072327811072/photo/1/large I mean this can't be real can it?
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

Wow!

Who does this guy think he is, a Boston firefighter out on disability?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Well, with Goldson, Branch and Griffin getting tagged, Landry is the ONLY safety worth his salt in FA this year....

I want him, but it would have to be on an incentive based contract that kept the Pats out of trouble if Landry couldn't stay healthy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Wow, did Goldson get tagged too?  Griffin?

Thats a Wrap!

Gladis, according to most here he has NO value so I dont even see the need for incentives. If he is as bad off as some say, how/why would he command more than the veteran minimum or a 2 year/2 million deal??

Either he has value or he doesnt. We shouldnt have to break the bank if his injury and p.ed. situation are THAT bad.

Either way, I would do whatever necessary. We Def. need to upgrade safety as getting shut down CB's aint easy, (atleast beyond one year)

Other than that, just jags left to compete with other scrubs we have.....smh

Sections
Shortcuts