Laron Landry

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Re: Laron Landry

I don't get it. On one hand the guy wants to take a more "natural' approach to healing his achilles without surgery but on the other hand is suspected of the "unnatural" use of PED's.

Sounds like a conflict of philosophies.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcatt. Show jcatt's posts

i think he's just a workout freak whose also a pretty good football player and didnt he play for (bb buddy) saben when he coached at lsu. why not sign him?? bb track record w drafting safeties/corners hasnt been great lately, outside of samuals & the one year wonder mccourty. and id probably credit the drafting of samuals to pioli

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Im hearing he didnt have surgery at the request of the Skins management and part of it was because he wants out of Washington and he knows after not having the surgery that he wont get resigned, thus fullfilling his wish to leave.

It doesnt seem as though he just doesnt want to play anymore.

I have seen good and bad years with all the different coordinators they had there.

When he was paired with the late Sean Taylor, they were set to be the best Safety Combo in years....its just that most times they werent used right.

He just needs a change of scenery and clean bill of health. B.B. has connects. They will send him to the best doctors in Boston and get him reaady to go!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

In Response to Re: Laron Landry:
    [QUOTE]Im hearing he didnt have surgery at the request of the Skins management and part of it was because he wants out of Washington and he knows after not having the surgery that he wont get resigned, thus fullfilling his wish to leave. It doesnt seem as though he just doesnt want to play anymore. I have seen good and bad years with all the different coordinators they had there. When he was paired with the late Sean Taylor, they were set to be the best Safety Combo in years....its just that most times they werent used right. He just needs a change of scenery and clean bill of health. B.B. has connects. They will send him to the best doctors in Boston and get him reaady to go!
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

No, quite the opposite. The Skins wanted him to have the surgery earlier last season and he refused. Don't hold your breath waiting for your clean bill of health.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Arent you and I saying the same things sml?

We both stated that he didnt want the surgery and the skins wanted him to have it.

What am I missing?  How is what you just said the opposite of what I wrote?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Jay you said "Im hearing he didnt have surgery at the request of the Skins management". The Skins actually wanted him to have it and he didn't want to have the surgery. They are opposite statements.

The Skins reportedly wanted him to have the surgery after the 10' season and he wanted to go more natural. Then they wanted him to have it again during the 11' season after reinjury and he refused. Now he's come out to the public saying he is going to treat it with alternative medications which failed to work over the previous 16 months he's had the injury

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Ok, I see now, my bad. I meant to say the same thing.

My statement was supposed to say he didnt have the surgery in an effort to get released by the team. Basically him not doing what they wanted.
    In any event, I will just let this thing play out.

I cant see the guy bieng permamently out of football, but who knows.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Laron Landry:
    [QUOTE]Ok, I see now, my bad. I meant to say the same thing. My statement was supposed to say he didnt have the surgery in an effort to get released by the team. Basically him not doing what they wanted. In any event, I will just let this thing play out. I cant see the guy bieng permamently out of football, but who knows.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

I could see that if the injury happened late in the season because he'd still get a huge pay day but the injury happened 16 months ago. If 16 months ago he decided not to have surgery to get out of the Skins then he has to be the stupidest person in the world. He would essentially kill any leverage he had in negotiating for a big deal. 16 months ago he could have gotten top 3 S money easily but after 16 months of lingering problems and a reduction of production because of the injury, combined with refusal to follow the teams wishes to fix the problem he's back to square one. He would have cost himself tens of millions of dollars taking that approach. now I don't think Landry is an idiot and the surgery they wanted him to have carries enormous risk of him not being able to play again along with long term health risks. It's my feeling he took the long term health approach and went to alternative means to protect his long term health. Can't blame a guy for that but it almost assures short term he won't be the same player he was 16 months ago

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Call Rodney , order some H.G.H., He'll be fine!  lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

I've watched Landry closely, some of my friends are diehard Skins fans, and while he would certainly be a measureable upgrade even when healthy he's stiff and awkward in space....enormous athletic talent, but kind of like taylor mays in that he doesn't seem to play up to his timed speed, which is stupid fast for someone of his size.  It all depends on the price, if it's a down market you guys are right, the Pats should pounce.  He and Chung would thump pretty hard playing downhill, but at this point there is no reason to think they would both be healthy at any given point during a season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

There are no good safety free agents available left, including Landry, wait for the draft and wait for teams to start cutting vets, someone will appear. You can't just have a "sign the best of the rest" philosophy if they can't help your team. Landry is huge but just an average safety at best.  At a good price take a shot at him, but only if he can be cut just as quickly...