Larry Fitzgerald says he like's the pats and wants to win Bring Him on!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Larry Fitzgerald says he like's the pats and wants to win Bring Him on!!

^^NO way.

Hernandez is just scratching the surface and #28 is a great draft pick.  McCourty went at #27 last year, for example.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

If they're going to break the bank for a player at this point shouldn't it be a pass rusher?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrocktonMike. Show BrocktonMike's posts

Maybe I'm missing something here.  

BB did a great job in the draft last year, picking up to kick butt TE, allowing the retooling of the O.   I'd expect finding a top notch WR wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility with all of the picks we have.  

We need defenders folks.  Big, strong fast pass rushers, extras to spell the starters, we need a stronger nickle & dime back field, and we could shore up the LB core a little as well.

We have the top rated O in scoring.  Imagine if they could spend more time on the field because our D stops giving up 3rd & long.

LF may be the 2nd coming in receivers, but that's not our main priority.  We need to keep our O line strong for no matter how fast or strong a receiver is, if Tom is on his back, it's mute.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Yes, but WRs, especially #1s are hard to find in the draft. 

The only way this makes sense is the trading chips not being out of control and the price not being out control.  If these fall in line, it would and should be considered.

Deion Branch is not getting younger, Tate is not a #1, and nor is Taylor Price.  They have good potential as complementary WRs.  Welker and Edelman are interior slot WRs.

NE could go JJ Watt and Phil Taylor/Cameron Heyward in Round 1 for example and use the #33 and one of the 3rds to finish out a deal for Fitzgerald.

You come in to camp with a healthy Ty Warren, Bodden, a JJ Watt and a Phil Taylor, and I fail to see how that doesn't address the defensive weaknesses AND solidify a #1 WR for years to come for Brady.

You can still address Tackle or Guard in Round 2.  You can still address RB in the draft in Round 3, 4, etc, and FA as well.

Sign Pierre Thomas.   Draft Daniel Thomas from KSU in Round 3.

I disagree with the fears with the nickel and dime backs.  Chung or Sergio Brown play the traditional nickel most of the time becuase they can cover in the middle against the H Back.   

When Wilhite played, he played well in the traditional slot nickel role, and Arrington will be re-signed and the likely competition in camp for that.

If BB wasn't looking at good depth at Safety using a rover like Chung in that role, I would agree.

I am not sure people realize how good Leigh Bodden is and how that triggers a downhill effect in terms of quality and depth at nickel and dime.

I keep seeing psost about Asamouga when Leigh Bodden is returning. Unless Bodden's shoulder is career ending, trying to move Bodden inside or a 16 million dollar a year CB inside makes no sense.

They paid Bodden for a reason.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from j24m1. Show j24m1's posts

Some of these trade scenarios are kind of funny.. Arizona is unlikely to trade him unless they truly feel they cannot resign him, but logic says they traded Boldin knowing what it what take to resign him, and they will. 

I live in Arizona, I think the guy is the complete package. I own his jersey, the only non-Patriot I have a jersey of. I met him in a bank during his rookie season in line, told him good luck and talked for a bit. He seemed so down to earth...

Skill wise, currently he is the best and in his prime. The Pats would love him, he would love the Pats. To problems to address, 

-Cost
    -Arizona's interest in trade vs resigning their biggest draw. Everyone here loves him. 
    -Team needs, as some have pointed out, should this money be spent on the defensive side and offensive line? The offense was pretty darn good last year without an additional 15 million on that side of the ball. 

Would be ecstatic to see him in a Pat's uniform though. Just seems highly improbably.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Right, so if the offense is good and Breaston and Doucet are solid, two WRs they can build around, why not secure two additional picks?

This is the same issue Carolina ran into and they blew it.

They were fearful of ticket sales in a bad economy if they dealt Peppers.  Ok, fair enough, I get it.  You're in the red and you are desperate.

But, if you could somehow find a way to sell the fanbase on the move so they get it, they just have to wait a year to see it start to unfold.

Arizona has no real QB right now.

They aren't going anywhere. 

So, Fitzgerald playing on a good offense on a bad team is useless.

Carolina is now set back for years to come because they got absolutely nothing for Peppers and then knee jerked in last year's draft.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from j24m1. Show j24m1's posts

You think Fitz on a bad team is useless? How many Az games have you been to? 90% of the fans wear his jersey. Not only that, most of them are fair-weather fans. If you don't think Arizona would have to think very hard about their decision to move the one guy that helps sell tickets on his own, like usual, your off on you thought process. After building the new stadium they have been pushing hard for ticket sales, revenue is all the Card's owners care about. 

Is it possible they would make a move with Fitz? Absolutely. It is no guarantee and it is as much as an issue as his contract. 

BTW, what is up with the new picture Rusty? Little weird man, even for you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

That's Mark Sanchez as my new avatar.  You know, that';s the guy who will lead the Jets to the promisedland.

As for my point, you clearly missed it.

I just used Carolina and Pepper$ as a reference. I have been to ZERO Cardinals games and will probably never go to one because I don't care to go indoors to watch football.

Back to Peppers as the example I just used before you showed you missed the point:

What good was it, really, for Carolina to up its offer to Peppers to keep him and what good did it do for them NOT to deal him after he was tagged in 2009?

They got nothing for him. They were fearful of ticket losses in a bad economy.  Understandable.

But, now what?  It forced them to not have a 1st rd pick, because they were scrambling after not trading a great chip and then they made a bigger mistake by trading up and handing our Pats, what turned out to be #33 overall.

It's very difficult to recover from a blunder or a series of blunders like that.

Arizona would lose $$ in 2011, but it's a much smarter move to maxmimize an asset for them long term.

This is the point.   Fitzgerald will go to another Pro Bowl next year, but what's the point when you have no QB and you are years away from a legit SB run?

The question is, can they absorb one year with lower revenue and do they get it?

This was the same poor case Atlanta used with Vick in 2004. Blank should have traded Vick (I said this then before the dogfight thing) and groomed Schaub.  They had seen enough growth with Schaub and they could absolutely fleeced someone like Al Davis.

A mistake.

Granted Schaub isn't great, but get him an O Line and he's good enough to make a run with for a SB.

Same concept here.  Either Arizona realizes where they are or they don't.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from j24m1. Show j24m1's posts

Your point may be correct, but these owners here stink and are usually pretty short-sighted. 

I also think the trade of Boldin may have been executed to free up space and keep Fitz with a new contract. No way to know. 

Maybe they will go after a QB, they certainly need one! 

Either way, a deal for Fitz would be pretty awesome, even if that is not an area of primary need.

The pic does not look like the Sanchize.. I didn't realize he had a shaved head. That is a pretty funning picture of him if that is him though. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from elendil. Show elendil's posts

That sound you just heard were rumors surrounding Ocho Cinco being kicked to the curb!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

It's absolutely him.  By choice. At practice at USC.  Keep in mind, NY traded up for him. lol

ANyway, I know the Bidwells are terrible. I mentioned this in the other thread on this topic.

I also know they are incredibly CHEAP, so this may tie into the GM being smart, having some leverage and having it make sense to Bidwell.

From a philosophical approach, Arizona needs to have another strong draft because that division is tightening up right now.  They had a good draft last year, in my opinion, but they need another one, because they aren't close.

Seattle has a QB, St. Louis has one, and SF now has a good offensive coach who will probably take that talent and improve them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from j24m1. Show j24m1's posts

Without a legit QB, AZ is going down-down-down.. 

You would think Fitz would see that and lobby for a trade. Or maybe they will just be "cheap" like usual. They are trying to convince everyone they are not cheap anymore (new stadium, good coach, etc..), but I am not buying it. 

Something else I like about Fitz. Big game player. Moss seemed to disappear in certain coverages in big games, not Fitzy... 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Prophet, don't you think Fitzgerald saying he wants to get paid and to stay AND saying he admires the Pats sort of contradicts things a little?

I am not reading into anything more than him publicly complimenting the Pats, but if you are in his shoes, maybe by calling for a blockbuster contract, that scares off the Bidwells?

Also, why would you want to go from Kurt Warner and a shot at the division to Derek Anderson/whoever and being years away from a SB run?

The Bidwells are notoriously cheap.

I agree it's unlikely, but it also could be Fitzgerald may be stonewalling for a reason (See Anquan Boldin).

It's not like Boldin broke the bank after he was dealt.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Fitzy is a quality teammate, and the most complete WR in the game. But let's face it... he isn't coming here unless his contract runs out. 

BB looks for bargains in trade ... this isn't even close to how they fleeced Oakland for Moss. Fitz would cost a fortune.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Folks in the NFL and players KNOW what the Patriots organization is about and that is WINNING!!  Terms like "cheaters", classless, arrogant are used by the fan bases of teams outside of NE.  Besides, have we heard of ANY players who lambasted the organization after they left as one that did not believe in treating players as professionals for the good of the TEAM?  If we do see a player who may say they do not want to play for NE, it may be because BB will not treat them as a prima madonna and they have to much "I" in their make-up and not enough TEAM.  That was the downfall of Moss this past season, he spoke too much of "I" and not enough of helping the team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I dont want a deep threat. I think Brady under threw Moss deep some. If we break the bank on O get Chris Johnson or Steven Jackson. I think we would be better off using our picks to fill holes then what we would get with Fitz. Even with the guy we would have no pass rush so one and done again.
    We need a running game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Did you also hear that he wanted to be payed 20 million a year?  I think thats what Tom is making.  So if you are talking about Trading Brady for Fitzy, than thats a possibility I guess, and we can have Hoyer throwing to him,,.,,lol

I think I found a link also confirming the Pats have interest.

www.keepdreaming.com

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

I'm a huge Pats fan as anyone in this forum. That being said, I think we fans pay a lot of credit to 'Patriot way' than players. We always think that players like Larry Fitz and Nnamdi Ash will take huge discounts to play for us. Now it might happen, but it's highly unlikely. Everyone was saying that Julius Peppers would take a pay cut to play for us. He signed a monster contract to play for Bears and is probably top 2 or 3 in salary. Some team will shell out huge bucks to both these players and i don't see it being us. If you were Larry Fitz, or Nnamdi and say a team like the Bengals are paying you 17 mil/yr to play for them as opposed to 10 mil by us, whom would you play for? Money speaks!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

^ Realist 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6095575

Now they're asking him for his QB preferences and he's recommending they acquire Kevin Colb or Marc Bulger. Come on Fitz!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: Larry Fitzgerald says he like's the pats and wants to win Bring Him on!!:
    [QUOTE]I say Send guyton ,TBC ,meriweather ,wilhite ,butler , kazucr + a couple of picks you get Fitzgerald = winner send = salary cap relief
    Posted by yakv[/QUOTE]

Wrapping up all the guys we'd like to dump in a trade package never works. The other side does their homework, too. They're not going to do us a favor by taking these guys off our hands for value.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

In Response to Re: Larry Fitzgerald says he like's the pats and wants to win Bring Him on!!:
    [QUOTE]I say Send guyton ,TBC ,meriweather ,wilhite ,butler , kazucr + a couple of picks you get Fitzgerald = winner send = salary cap relief
    Posted by yakv[/QUOTE]

Imagine if something crazy like that happened?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from j24m1. Show j24m1's posts

Did someone say we don't want another deep threat? Have you watched Fitz ever?? He is one of the only receivers in the league who can run a route in any zone. Sure he can go deep better then any current Pats receiver, but thats not necessarily his mo. The guy runs routes like Welker, has the best hands in the NFL, fast, strong, can run the screens, slants, flats, deep ball etc. 

Hey, and no one ever said the offense wasnt good and this guy was a "need". Would just cool to have him. At 10 mill. Ha! 

Sections
Shortcuts