Larry Fitzgerald

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vegasredsox. Show vegasredsox's posts

Larry Fitzgerald

can the Pats trade our first round pick ( offer the 32nd but if not give up the 17th) for larry and then draft defense with the 32nd and 33 or if they take the 32 nd pick take d with the 17th  and 33rd

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Larry Fitzgerald

That's what I want but I doubt it happens.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I don't know that you can get that deal done with only a first-round pick.

In fact, if I'm the Cardinals (heaven forbid) I don't know that I would be shopping Fitzgerald.

But then again, the Card's didn't get to be what they are by doing the smart thing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

why would they give up arguably one of the best WR's in the league who is still young and in his prime for one low first round pick. It is not going to happen.  The card would completely screw over the rookie QB they bring in through this draft by trading away his top option. it will not happen so stop talking about it.  If this trade does go down i will gladly eat crow, but i highly doubt it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Pmike, I've said all along that the Larry will become a free agent after next season and they'll lose him for nothing. Might as well get rid of him now for picks and continue the building process.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Larry Fitzgerald:
    [QUOTE]Pmike, I've said all along that the Larry will become a free agent after next season and they'll lose him for nothing. Might as well get rid of him now for picks and continue the building process.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

Well, that's certainly what an organization with vision would do, ap.

What the Arizona Cardinals will do is another question entirely.

Cool

Playing in the wacky NFC West, they may believe they're only a Kyle Orton away.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

This would be awesome!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Larry Fitzgerald : Well, that's certainly what an organization with vision would do, ap. What the Arizona Cardinals will do is another question entirely. Playing in the wacky NFC West, they believe they're only a Kyle Orton away.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Definitely agree. Who knows. I'd love the move though. Fitz is a Patriot player: good guy off the field, solid foundation family-wise, cares about football. He's not your typical diva receiver. He's always open: all Brady would have to do is throw it up in his zip code. He's a willing blocker.

He'll be a bit pricey but he's still young so I think it's worth it. He may even take a slight discount to come here because he seems like a guy that wants to win.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]Pmike, I've said all along that the Larry will become a free agent after next season and they'll lose him for nothing. Might as well get rid of him now for picks and continue the building process.

And the Patriots better sign him to an extension as part of the trade....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Larry Fitzgerald : And the Patriots better sign him to an extension as part of the trade....
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. I see Fitz as the Adrian Gonzalez type where he'd have a handshake agreement to come to New England, not go overboard with contract demands, and give both sides ample time to get something together. In the meantime, he'd want to come to a winning program and just play knowing he has a shot to compete and win it all every year he's here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Why do we even need him? Please, everyone calling to waste draft picks on a high priced veteran, what value does this add? Look at Gronk, Hernandez, BJGE, Woodhead, etc. These guys are low money with extremely high reward, they are rookies that BB can mold into TB's offense. Not to mention why the Cardinals would give up one of the best receivers in the game and the best player on their team. This team is changing its direction and most fans can't even tell. I would be willing to go with what we have so far, work Tate and Price in next year and maybe draft a later round WR and see how that goes, we will still have Branch next year also. So why worry with the receiving corp, baring injuries, for the next year or so? I see now reason to shell out for a veteran WR, so why again do we need this guy? I already like the way this team is forming.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I wouldn't be at all surprised if some of those picks are used to pluck players away from teams that are rebuilding.  Not sure Fitzgerald is ever coming to Foxboro, but Bill has been shrewd about finding guys who just want to win and who are frustrated with their current team. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from j24m1. Show j24m1's posts

You guys are missing a much more difficult variable.. Signing him. There won't be a handshake agreement. Keep dreaming. With a good QB he is the best W/R in the league right in his prime. Patriots won't pay a receiver that kind of doh. Period. Forget it. Stop the thread. Give up. Dream of SB trophies!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I'm pretty sure none of us armchair GM's saw Moss coming in 2007...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]I'm pretty sure none of us armchair GM's saw Moss coming in 2007...

LOL..... Well actually I did..........Not!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Kind of like the armchair GM's who thought that the past draft was horrible, last Spring and Summer!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]You guys are missing a much more difficult variable.. Signing him. There won't be a handshake agreement. Keep dreaming. With a good QB he is the best W/R in the league right in his prime. Patriots won't pay a receiver that kind of doh. Period. Forget it. Stop the thread. Give up. Dream of SB trophies!
    Posted by j24m1[/QUOTE]

Realistically, you're right. Receiver isn't a position of need and it's definitely not an area where the Pats are likely to go outside their salary structure. The last time we had a thread about this, I also pointed out that if Fitzgerald does, indeed, become availalbe, there will be a lot more desperate teams out there than the Pats -- both in terms of what they are willing to pay in compensation to get him, and in terms of what they are willing to pay in salary and bonuses once they have him.

Sure . . .   it's a pipe dream.

But the Pats don't play for two weeks, and I've already posted in the fruit thread.

Cool

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toocool9090. Show toocool9090's posts

Me thinks the Jets might get him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I think the Super Star at WR experiment is over in New England as long as BB is the coach.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Agree with MVP - though I would love to have Fitz, not sure we need him - Tate is blossoming, Price looks promising, Edelman is improving, and we probably have the top 2 TEs in the NFL.

On the other hand, we NEED stronger and deeper DL/OLB, OL and possibly a RB etc. I would rather spend our higher picks on those positions..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Fitzgerald has a no trade clause, which means he would need to approve the deal. Why would he go from one bad QB situation to another with the Jets???

That makes no sense. He's made his money. By the sounds of it, he wants to play for a contender and a legit Pro Bowl QB.

The Falcons were mentioned, but I would imagine Arizona would prefer he go to the AFC, not the NFC.

In my opinion, without question, NE would be interested and a possible landing spot for Fitzgerald.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from canpatfan. Show canpatfan's posts

Although in principle I would like Larry F to be a Patriot - I have to agree with others in this thread who say that right now - it is not a need.  Tate and Price could be gamers for a while if they develop well.  We need to keep imporoving defence in the draft and use some first or second rounders in that position.  If they use a later round draft choice to get a WR (the best left out there) - they may strike gold like they did with Gronk and Hernandez.  This team - if they are wise with their draft picks (either to trade them or actually draft a player) they could be set for another long run of wins and titles.  Draft choices are precious - and Larry F is great  - but - do we need him??  That is the q'n?        

In Response to Larry Fitzgerald:
    [QUOTE]can the Pats trade our first round pick ( offer the 32nd but if not give up the 17th) for larry and then draft defense with the 32nd and 33 or if they take the 32 nd pick take d with the 17th  and 33rd
    Posted by vegasredsox[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Fitz is not happening...Pats don't need him nor would they pay him what he'd demand....Love Fitz but we are already sitting pretty at WR & I don't even see us getting one in the draft this year...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Keep in mind Branch will be 32.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

And that Tate could end up being nothing more than a great return man. I'm saying COULD. This was basically his rookie year, I'll give him that. Let's give him another year on top just for kicks. I'll still take a proven commodity in Fitz over him.

It's not only about what you have but what you can give up to UPGRADE.

Sections
Shortcuts