Larry Fitzgerald

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanWM. Show PatsFanWM's posts

Larry Fitzgerald

I wonder if Arizona would be willing to give up Larry Fitz.He makes a lot of money and Arizona is rebuilding.  Larry wont be happy on a rebuilding team, and the money they save by losing his contract could be used to go after a QB in the offseason or build from draft picks.  Maybe that would be willing to make a deal:

Fitz for a Pats 1st Rounder and 3rd from MINN
    Fitz for Mankins and 3rd Round

I dont know...its just a dream but its interesting because it could work for both teams!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Larry Fitzgerald

That's a wonderful dream, PatsFanWM, and I hold out some hope that there is another deal waiting to be made behind this one, but I think Fitzgerald is a little too much to hope for.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Larry Fitzgerald:
    [QUOTE]no way this would happen.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Don't be too sure about that. In fact, it is a possibility that Fitzgerald can be had:
    http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/2010/10/05/20101005arizona-cardinals-quarterback-larry-fitzgerald.html

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanWM. Show PatsFanWM's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Larry Fitzgerald :      Don't be too sure about that. In fact, it is a possibility that Fitzgerald can be had: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/2010/10/05/20101005arizona-cardinals-quarterback-larry-fitzgerald.html
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Awesome post man!  When i woke up this morning my mind started to race with what if ideas and this one seemed so feasible.  I mean we have the picks, players, etc to make this happen.  It is a win win for both teams...yea Arizona loses Fitz but they are prob gonna lose him no matter what! Might as well get something for him.  If it goes to a bidding war there is no other team that can match what we can offer!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Larry Fitzgerald : Awesome post man!  When i woke up this morning my mind started to race with what if ideas and this one seemed so feasible.  I mean we have the picks, players, etc to make this happen.  It is a win win for both teams...yea Arizona loses Fitz but they are prob gonna lose him no matter what! Might as well get something for him.  If it goes to a bidding war there is no other team that can match what we can offer!
    Posted by PatsFanWM[/QUO

Only problem with that is name 1 time the Pats have entered into a bidding war?  Thats not their MO.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanWM. Show PatsFanWM's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Larry Fitzgerald : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Larry Fitzgerald : Awesome post man!  When i woke up this morning my mind started to race with what if ideas and this one seemed so feasible.  I mean we have the picks, players, etc to make this happen.  It is a win win for both teams...yea Arizona loses Fitz but they are prob gonna lose him no matter what! Might as well get something for him.  If it goes to a bidding war there is no other team that can match what we can offer! Posted by PatsFanWM[/QUO Only problem with that is name 1 time the Pats have entered into a bidding war?  Thats not their MO.
    Posted by Patsman2[/QUOTE]

I agree with your point, but when have the Pats or actually anyy other team had control of a probowl lineman, 2 first round picks and a boatload of 2-5rd picks...i mean picks are great but we dont have the money to spend on every pick so why not unload some baggage(aka Mankins) who is awesome and im mad he is such a whiner, as well as some picks...i dont know...its prob not gonna happen but it is def possible!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Larry Fitzgerald : I agree with your point, but when have the Pats or actually anyy other team had control of a probowl lineman, 2 first round picks and a boatload of 2-5rd picks...i mean picks are great but we dont have the money to spend on every pick so why not unload some baggage(aka Mankins) who is awesome and im mad he is such a whiner, as well as some picks...i dont know...its prob not gonna happen but it is def possible!
    Posted by PatsFanWM[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong I would love to see Fitzgerald here, just not seeing it as likely thats all.  With all those picks there more likely to draft someone again rather then pay 10 mill a year for WR.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

none of these genius trades are happening. they have faith in the young receivers, and will be going with them. price will be on the active roster, tate and edelman will expand their roles, and hernandez will continue to be a huge part of the game plans. 
    if anything we need a secondary RB to compliment BJGE if taylor stays hurt. love woody but he cant handle a heavy load.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]"Fitzgerald has all the leverage. Under terms of the present deal, the Cardinals cannot trade Fitzgerald or place the franchise tag on him." That is the one quote from that link that stuck out.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that would seem to end the discussion, wouldn't it?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jazzpelli. Show jazzpelli's posts

ouch, makes Fitz hard to trade but maybe he would wave it to come to the Pats...I think it would take a first and second to land him anyways which is costly but Mankins and a second would be a win win for both sides.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

No high priced receiving talent is coming in here with a lockout looming, as much as Fitzgerald would be nice. The Pats are going to promote Brandon Tate and by the time they know if that will work out, the trading deadline will have passed. Sad to see Moss go but he didn't want to be here and that's an impossible situation for a young team. 

Expect the Pats to resolve the Mankins thing one way or the other during the bye week also and go into the next game with the slate of that kind of discontent clean. Whether that will help the team on the field, we'll have to see. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from j24m1. Show j24m1's posts

I live in AZ and I am a Pats fan, I have met Fitz briefly twice and he is one decent guy. Would be a dream to see him on NE, but that is it.. a pipe dream.. it will never happen..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

That's true; however, with all the draft picks, we have more to bid.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Larry Fitzgerald : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Larry Fitzgerald : Awesome post man!  When i woke up this morning my mind started to race with what if ideas and this one seemed so feasible.  I mean we have the picks, players, etc to make this happen.  It is a win win for both teams...yea Arizona loses Fitz but they are prob gonna lose him no matter what! Might as well get something for him.  If it goes to a bidding war there is no other team that can match what we can offer! Posted by PatsFanWM[/QUO Only problem with that is name 1 time the Pats have entered into a bidding war?  Thats not their MO.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

That's a great idea about resolving the Mankins situation during the break.  Any idea as to how it would be resolved.  I don't feel comfortable bringing him back without a contract.  Seems really unlikely that he gets a contract.  I think he is going.

[QUOTE]No high priced receiving talent is coming in here with a lockout looming, as much as Fitzgerald would be nice. The Pats are going to promote Brandon Tate and by the time they know if that will work out, the trading deadline will have passed. Sad to see Moss go but he didn't want to be here and that's an impossible situation for a young team.  Expect the Pats to resolve the Mankins thing one way or the other during the bye week also and go into the next game with the slate of that kind of discontent clean. Whether that will help the team on the field, we'll have to see. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

That's a reasonable question.  I think the Patriots leverage for any trade is with draft picks, regardless of the partners in the deal.  Still, to answer your question, Mankins could go a long way toward protecting a young QB that they will be working with, whereas Fitzgerald is more like a finishing touch to a team.

[QUOTE]If AZ might not pay Fitz, why would they pay Mankins?
    Posted by chuckfairbanks[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

About Fitzy's no trade clause.  Do you think he has talked with Boldin this year.  If so, or perhaps in any case, he might be a little jeolous.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

They won't do it, people! Once the Pats sign the 53rd man that will take Moss' spot this will be their roster moving forward.

There will be no trades. This is what we get for the rest of the season. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I love Fitz on and off the field but I think his loyalty to the Cardinals or preference to stay in Arizona is a huge gamble on his part. Think Kevin Garnett. Garnett himself says he regretted staying with the T'wolves so long.

Perhaps if he waives that clause, he can be on his way and go to a contender AND still leave Arizona in a good position with two high picks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

If you are the Patriots why not try? If you offer enough picks, you never know???

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Rosevelt Colvin...Adalius Thomas. It's not all about money with Fitzgerald. He has the right to turn down any trade. He'd probably love playing with Brady, and the Pats.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Larry Fitzgerald:
    [QUOTE]I wonder if Arizona would be willing to give up Larry Fitz.He makes a lot of money and Arizona is rebuilding.  Larry wont be happy on a rebuilding team, and the money they save by losing his contract could be used to go after a QB in the offseason or build from draft picks.  Maybe that would be willing to make a deal: Fitz for a Pats 1st Rounder and 3rd from MINN Fitz for Mankins and 3rd Round I dont know...its just a dream but its interesting because it could work for both teams!
    Wait, this Bozo Chris Carter on ESPN that no one suddenly likes, was Larry's mentor from a ripe old age of 15. And those 2 may possess the best hands I've ever seen in the NFL.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Larry Fitzgerald:
    [QUOTE]I wonder if Arizona would be willing to give up Larry Fitz.He makes a lot of money and Arizona is rebuilding.  Larry wont be happy on a rebuilding team, and the money they save by losing his contract could be used to go after a QB in the offseason or build from draft picks.  Maybe that would be willing to make a deal: Fitz for a Pats 1st Rounder and 3rd from MINN Fitz for Mankins and 3rd Round I dont know...its just a dream but its interesting because it could work for both teams!

How is this a win for Arizona again? 

Do people just try and convince themselves that a crazy thought might be viable or are they just crazy to begin with?