Larry Foote Anyone?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArmyPatsFan. Show ArmyPatsFan's posts

Larry Foote Anyone?

Yesterday ESPN announced that the Steelers were releasing OLB Larry Foote.  He is only 28 and has started every game in his 6-7 year career.  He's played OLB in a 3-4 and is a very effective linebacker from the Pittsburg linebacker machine, ie Mike Vrabel.  I think he'd be a great veteran pick-up that might have a bit more impact than a Jason Taylor for long term.
    He could help add veteran savvy w/out being too old.  Have a rotation of Mayo, Bruschi, Guyton, Thomas, Foote, Crable, Woods.  Thats pretty sick.  Can bring some of the younger ones along and play ST.  Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Re: Larry Foote Anyone?

He wants to play for Detroit......and he hasn't been released yet....Pitt is trying to trade him first.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArmyPatsFan. Show ArmyPatsFan's posts

He wants to play for Detroit......and he hasn't been released yet....Pitt is trying to trade him first.
    Posted by m1020us

Well that makes sense.  Just got an idea after watching sportscenter last night.  If he becomes a free agent, nothing says we can't make him an offer.  He'd be a decent fit on the outside.  Plus, anything that can detract from Pit and help us doesn't bother me.  I guess it would depend on what NE would offer vs. Det or another team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Well that makes sense.  Just got an idea after watching sportscenter last night.  If he becomes a free agent, nothing says we can't make him an offer.  He'd be a decent fit on the outside.  Plus, anything that can detract from Pit and help us doesn't bother me.  I guess it would depend on what NE would offer vs. Det or another team.
    Posted by ArmyPatsFan

I understand.  He wants to go home to Detroit.....and he wants to start..I don't think that it is about the money and he already has a ring.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

He is a inside backer not a OLB what are you talking about? He might have filled in at OLB but he is a inside backer. And what the hell is up with compearing him or anyone else for that matter to Vrabel? You are teh second person to make that connection and news flash people there is no replacing a Mike Vrabel the same way there is no replacing a Rodney Harrison. Sure we can bring people who play like them but those are special players who can not be replaced. The same way we cant replace Seymore.

We dont have much room for this guy, Tyrone Macenzee or however you spell it was just drafted to play inside, Gary Guyton is mostly going to play inside, Bruschi is going to play at least 50 or 60% of the snaps and Mayo wont come off the field unless we make him. No room for Foote. He wont be a better OLB then Thomas or Woods or Crable because he is way more of a pure inside backer and we have a log jam at linebacker. for the first time in years we have too many good young line backers. Unless we were to cut Bruschi which wouldnt happen there is no room for this guy. He wants to finish his career in Detroit where he is from and he already has two rings so he just wants to get paid.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArmyPatsFan. Show ArmyPatsFan's posts

My error earlier about the OLB.  I misread the early reports.  However, I was not comparing him to Vrabel in skill set, just that Steelers have a LB machine there and they have translated well to the Patriot system.  Vrabel had great success after coming here. 
    Anyhow, this is a moot point as long as he is on the Steelers.  People have a habit of saying they want to go home, but it remains to be seen.  I am just looking at ways to continue to improve the team, as I'm sure BB will do, should Foote be released. 

Sections
Shortcuts