Last 3 4th quarters, Opponents 35, Pats 6.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Last 3 4th quarters, Opponents 35, Pats 6.

In response to sporter81's comment:

Hopefully this doesn't turn into another offense vs defense thread. Let's be honest here, we have problems on both sides of the ball and the coaching has bee suspect too. Fortunately the defense came up big at the end of the game and in overtime. The offense did too. There is hope.

You're right. The offense can't run the ball. When that happens we have a big struggle on our hands since the D sucks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

First of all, the biggest problem in the forth quarter is that there are alway dumb penalties!!  Sometime it may be a questionable one like Gronk's holding call in game #2 of the season.  Still that erase the touchdown run.  It is not only on offense, it is on defense too. 

And second of all, the defense tended to give up quick points especially in the 4th quarter.

Play calling in the 4th qtr are mostly horrible ones!!  Should let Brady do throw as  many passes as they can.  I know every drop pass would stop the clock.  But what is the different that they run the ball, and get stopped behind the line of scrimmage, and team call time out quickly. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

The Jets helped out in the fourth quarter as well... Cromartie drops what should have been an easy pick. He holds onto that and the discussion today is back to being 100% about Brady not being clutch.

The terrible play calling by the Jets after the McCourty fumble. You have to take a shot on first down (the clock was going to stop after first down for the two minute warning anyhow). The Patriots strength is against you run into the line on first and second down. Way too conservative. One first down in that situation and you can run out the clock before you kick...

All that said, I am still happy the defense made a play in OT to win the game. That was what I wanted to see from this team...

Sections
Shortcuts