LAST CALL : Boston.com Crowd ~ WHATS YOUR SB PREDICTION?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Re: Boston.com Crowd ~ WHATS YOUR SB PREDICTION?

My prediction: The game will be played as scheduled and someone will win !!

Hetchinspete. 

Pats 27 Giants 24. Ocho catches the winning TD pass from Tom Brady with two seconds left on the game clock.    

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Re: Boston.com Crowd ~ WHATS YOUR SB PREDICTION?:
    [QUOTE]I hate to say it...but I believe the Giants will win it. I had bad vibes about the Ravens in the championship game and we squeeked by them. I think the Giants are a little better than we are, especially on the defensive side of the ball. If we win it, it's a HUGE load off my mind, but I'm just not feeling good about this game with our VERY weak secondary. I don't feel good about this game, sorry.
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

Patriots squeeked by the ravens?  What about the Giants who squeeked by the 49ers.  Both of these championship game could have gone either way.  Lucky both of the loser teams made a mistake at the end!!  

So therefore, I do not think the Giants are more motivated than the Patriots.  

I think the Patriots are more motivated than the Giants due they lost to them two in a row as well most sport writers predicted that the Giants will win.

Patriots will win this one!!  They will take care of the ball this time as well they dont make any dumb penalties.  Both of these losses to the Giants were gifted by many dumb penalties!!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rusco. Show rusco's posts

In Response to Boston.com Crowd ~ WHATS YOUR SB PREDICTION?:
    [QUOTE]  THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE INTERESTING TO START A CONTEST TO SEE IF ANYBODY OUT THERE CAN NAIL THE EXACT SCORE OF SUPER BOWL 46 . ( No prize - just  BDC bragging rights )     Will revisit with Awards Ceremony on Mon Feb.6 and post the WINNER ( Who will hence forth be crowned the Supreme BDC Super Bowl Prognosticator ...or the BDC Il Duce for short )  If more than one poster picks correct score  - Tie will be broken by the amount of consecutive vowels in mothers maiden name*  2nd tie breaker : First to post.  *Orphans are automatically disqualified do to corroboration issue with mothers maiden name .
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro[/QUOTE]     28-17 Pats!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The numbers say Pats by 2.5 points.  Wait, that won't work. 

Pats by 2, 30-28.  I'm true to my numbers.  My heart says that the Giants are frauds who barely made the playoffs and then got extremely lucky. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1262959. Show user_1262959's posts

I'm amazed (maybe I shoiuldn't be) at how the vast majority posting here picks the Pats.

Look at it logically:  The Giants beat the Pats with a healthy Gronk in Foxboro. The Giants were without Bradshaw and Nicks, both of whom should be in decent shape for this one.  Gronk should be about 70%, if we're lucky. 

Going all the way back to 2005, with the exception of games versus Jacksonville in '07 and this year against Denver, Brady's post-season performance has been very poor. (Dude wants to win TOO much.  Makes him press and make mistakes. Look at that awful pick on first drive against Jets last year, after setting the NFL record for consecutive pass attempts without a pick, etc., etc. Then last week against the Ravens...Pats will need Tom to break that trend.)

The Ravens, despite inferior receivers and a subpar QB, put up big numbers against the Pats, again, at home. So what might Manning, Cruz, Nicks and Mannigham do?  Could be ugly. Edleman on Cruz?

So all things, being equal, logic points to a Giants' win, say 30-21.  That said, the game could come down to turnovers.  But it will take a plus 2 for the Pats to pull it out.  Go Pats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boston.com Crowd ~ WHATS YOUR SB PREDICTION? : Wow, you sure are sorry.  We handed the ravens their best chance to win and we still beat them.  NO way they can play worse than that.  And I'm not feeling the Giants.  I watched that game.  Without the 2 gift turnovers by one guy, they are sunk.   Pats roll through this overconfident, overly verbose team.   38-17
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

You mad bro?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Hope Im wrong but I see Giants get ball last and drive length of field for win....secondary gets torched for winning TD...27-24 Giants

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boston.com Crowd ~ WHATS YOUR SB PREDICTION? :  I appreciate your honesty Waynestarr and unfortunately I believe you're apprehension is warranted .   One point to ponder is that over BB's Pats history , it seems whenever the cards appear to be stacked against a Pats win  - He somehow manages to get the troops to out perform expectations. It's also true that many times the opposite's been true ( For example last years game in Cleveland )  I was 100% confident in a blowout win in the 2007 Giants SB contest .  This time around I have to admit I'm feelin' no better than  a cautiously optimistic 60% positive. ( If it was Nicks instaed of Gronk in a walking bott -I'd be feelin' a lot about better)   At any rate ~ My gut tells me this is going to be a white knuckle ride whose outcome will be decided by 3 points or less.  In BB We Trust .
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the friendly response. I can't help how I feel about this game.

For Superbowl 42, I was stationed in San Diego and was DEVASTATED when they didn't go 19-0. I took that loss real hard for several months afterwards.

If we win, I'll be the happiest Patriots fan out here, but the Giants are rolling right now, and I'm not gonna get overconfident. This game will be a 'nail biter' from beginning to end.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Will be a blow out like the Denver game. TFB and BB have been waiting a long time to get back here and to do it against the Giants is too much to pass up.

Since 2007 they have been building together to get right here and now that they have it they will over prepare for all circumstance. Gronk is fine, walking with a plastic boot but ZERO limp. TE packages will rule the day, Wes will get his and Law Firm will pound the rock for at least one.

This could be TFB and BB's last SB together (BB is 60 this year) They might have one or two more but the chances of getting back are tough, as we have seen.

This is an all out, down hill, flood of sh--that BB and TFB have been waiting to dump on some poor team, the fact that it happens to be the Giants, perfect!

Pats D will shock the world!!!!!!!!! (The new Shot heard round the world will be delivered on Eli frequent and often via Rob Ninkovich Nickle Blitz Packs)

42 - 7 (Cause the Giants get lucky or we let up at the end)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boston.com Crowd ~ WHATS YOUR SB PREDICTION? : Thanks for the friendly response. I can't help how I feel about this game. For Superbowl 42, I was stationed in San Diego and was DEVASTATED when they didn't go 19-0. I took that loss real hard for several months afterwards. If we win, I'll be the happiest Patriots fan out here, but the Giants are rolling right now, and I'm not gonna get overconfident. This game will be a 'nail biter' from beginning to end.

Hey no problem, now grab your purse and head home

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" Thanks for the friendly response. I can't help how I feel about this game."

Umm sure if you feel bad you feel bad, but that doesn't mean it has anything to do with the game. You're making the classic mistake of reading one week's results into the next. The Giants have had to string together a ton of tough games...they're due for a not great game. 

The Super Bowl that ripped your heart out the Pats were ripe for the picking. Anyone watching the games that year could see that. 

This year the Pats are the underdog (not officially, but by the experts, etc). Much better position. 

Gronk's injury is the only wild card. 

I'm manning up Pats 35 Giants 31.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boston.com Crowd ~ WHATS YOUR SB PREDICTION? : Hey no problem, now grab your purse and head home
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

Why don't you go play in HEAVY traffic? You "internet tough guys" are something else.

I bet you weigh 80 pounds soaking wet.

Undecided

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boston.com Crowd ~ WHATS YOUR SB PREDICTION? : Why don't you go play in HEAVY traffic? You "internet tough guys" are something else. I bet you weigh 80 pounds soaking wet.

Well now you just hurt my feelings young lady.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from YankeeBill. Show YankeeBill's posts

In Response to Boston.com Crowd ~ WHATS YOUR SB PREDICTION?:
    [QUOTE]  THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE INTERESTING TO START A CONTEST TO SEE IF ANYBODY OUT THERE CAN NAIL THE EXACT SCORE OF SUPER BOWL 46 . ( No prize - just  BDC bragging rights )     Will revisit with Awards Ceremony on Mon Feb.6 and post the WINNER ( Who will hence forth be crowned the Supreme BDC Super Bowl Prognosticator ...or the BDC Il Duce for short )  If more than one poster picks correct score  - Tie will be broken by the amount of consecutive vowels in mothers maiden name*  2nd tie breaker : First to post.  *Orphans are automatically disqualified do to corroboration issue with mothers maiden name .
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro[/QUOTE]

41-27  GIANTS.  Write that down !!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewart7557. Show stewart7557's posts

31 - 30 Pats win it ;  Tongue out

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Patriots 31 - 23

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

Michael Strahan ain't walking through that door.
    Pats 31-20

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Pats 31-23

Gronk and Hernandez will destroy the Giants secondary. As long as the Patriots limit their turnovers and protect Brady, I think they will pull it out. Essentially it will all come down to execution on defense. We will need another big game from Sterling Moore, and some solid play be Arrington. I don't envy the patriots corners against those recievers.

Overall, I got the Patriots because obviously I am a Patriots fan, and I can't possibly pick against them ever.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Otay ...

PREDICTION :

PATRIOTS  23
    GIANTS      23

OVERTIME :

Giants call Heads ( Tails )

Pats start at own 20

Brady leads methodical drive that stalls near the Giants Red Zone

Gostkowski kicks go-ahead 38 yard FG .

( New 2 possession OT Rule kicks in )

Giants start at their own 20.

Eli leads his team to midfield where drive stalls .

4th and long .

Desperation throw.

Incomplete .

PATS WIN !

PATRIOTS  26
    GIANTS       23

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Prediction one: Pats 32 Giants 31 on a 57 yd. FG to win it in regulation as time expires. Brady locks up his 3rd MVP with 3 TD's (2 to Gronk!)

Prediction two: Pats 37 Giants 24. Pats build a 21-3 halftime lead and win this going away.

I really, really hope we're closer to prediction two but all signs point to a tight game...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Here are my two cents:

These are two bruising teams, come to...

I tell ya', it will be dog-eat-dog,

good...

...versus evil,

lead by two top quarterbacks, Eli and Tom,

winner take all!

In the beginning, defense will rule.  

But eventually, as the defenders run out of gas and wind down,

the pace of scoring for both teams will increase.

After three quarters,

who shall win will still be in question,

Butt in the end...

...the BEST team will win...

...30-20.

Go Pats!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

^ Nice work Woody!!

Sections
Shortcuts