LAST CALL : Boston.com Crowd ~ WHATS YOUR SB PREDICTION?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

LAST CALL : Boston.com Crowd ~ WHATS YOUR SB PREDICTION?

HERE'S A CONTEST TO SEE IF ANYBODY CAN NAIL THE EXACT SCORE OF SUPER BOWL 46 .

No prize  ( just  BDC bragging rights )

Will revisit with Awards Ceremony on Mon Feb.6 and post the WINNER
    ( Who will hence forth be crowned the Supreme BDC Super Bowl Prognosticator ...or the BDC Il Duce for short )

If more than one poster picks correct score  - Tie will be broken by the amount of consecutive vowels in mothers maiden name*

2nd tie breaker : First to post.

*Orphans are ineligible ( mothers maiden name corroboration issues )

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Boston.com Crowd ~ WHATS YOUR SB PREDICTION?

38-17 Pats.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

3 beers (I am cutting down), 15 mini pizza snacks.

28 - 12 Pats

the 28 is four TDs' and the 12 is 4 FG's ..pats comeup big in the red zone on both sides of the ball.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

pats 34-20 if gronk is at least 80%
    pats 27-24 if gronk is limited (nope, gronk does not play d. they just control the game better if they have gronk.)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

I hate to say it...but I believe the Giants will win it. I had bad vibes about the Ravens in the championship game and we squeeked by them.

I think the Giants are a little better than we are, especially on the defensive side of the ball. If we win it, it's a HUGE load off my mind, but I'm just not feeling good about this game with our VERY weak secondary.

I don't feel good about this game, sorry.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Sorry to piggyback just after seattlepat70 called it but I was thinking 27-24 Pats regardless of Gronk's effectiveness. I'm sticking with 27-24 Pats.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In Response to Re: Boston.com Crowd ~ WHATS YOUR SB PREDICTION?:
    [QUOTE]I hate to say it...but I believe the Giants will win it. I had bad vibes about the Ravens in the championship game and we squeeked by them. I think the Giants are a little better than we are, especially on the defensive side of the ball. If we win it, it's a HUGE load off my mind, but I'm just not feeling good about this game with our VERY weak secondary. I don't feel good about this game, sorry.
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

That's ok go back to the Celtics board and comment about them losing,

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubthegrub12. Show Bubthegrub12's posts

I predict the game comes down to the 4th quarter. Despite all the hoopla about the Giants defense I think this will be a shootout type of game...like week 17 of the 07 season. Their pass rush is good, but Brady will be ready and can get the ball out quickly. The keys will be turnovers and red zone play. Both teams can score from 20-50 yards out, but who will prevail when they get on the short field? The Patriots defense gives up yards, but forces a lot of FGs in the red zone. They'll need to do that in this game. I'll pick a "repeat" score (since so many are speculating about similarities to everything) of 38-35 with Brady driving the field in the last two minutes to pull out the victory. And to bring a Lombardi home for the memory of Myra. Hopefully Gronk will be able to grab the winning TD and cap off a great season (one of many more hopefully)!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I think it will be a mid to high scoring affair, and the game will be determined on the last drive.....yes, another heart attack game. I've ordered an AEP and sticking on the wall next to the tv.

too close to call, but it will be a fun game to watchLaughing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustWords. Show JustWords's posts

I think it reolves around Gronk.

If he's 75% or better, I think we have a slight edge.

If he's just "not himself" out there, I am not enthusiastic about our chances. 

Brady's confidence and play seems a little more fragile - as in, connected to his mentla state - than once upon a time.  If his go-to target, his 'safety', isn't safe, I don't like the implications. 

I know that sounds like a cop out, but I don't see how anyone can be sure given how incredibly important Gronk is to this team, and how "un-Brady" Brady was against the Ravens.  It's as if he's shifted from fearless, to afraid of failure, which sometimes happens with perfectionists.

Now to counter myself... this too could cut both ways, but, Brady is smart enough to know that this might be his last chance at truly and forever putting his face on football's Mt. Rushmore of quarterbacks, and I think it means a great deal to such a competitive person.

So on the one hand, that's a motivation to take it to another level. On the other, it carries that risk when it's an "I" motive of what the ego can do to screw with a mind.

I know.  I think it to death. 

Like I said above... healthy Gronk, advantage Pats.  Unhealthy Gronk, advantage Giants. Given the necessary secrecy of the severity of the injury, I don't know how anyone can really make a prediction.  The two teams are too close in ability for it to be obvious.

Score?  Crossing my fingers, I'll go with 30-21 Pats, since I believe Gronk will healthy enough to contribute.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

21-17 Pats win

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

I feel a lot better now that it has been reported that the red hoodie will not be making an appearance....Patriots 31 giants 20

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

This game will be about field position and turnovers. In the game back in November, Pats got the ball 6 times in the first half with starting field position of their own 5 (4 plays), own 6 (3 plays), own 17 (8 play drive ended in an int), own 20 (5 plays), own 11 (3 plays), and own 9 (12 play drive ended in missed fg). In the second half, Brady gave the Giants 2 short fields on a pick and a fumble, which handed them 10 points. Those turnovers were the difference. Pats (almost) can't have worse field position in this game, which should take a little of the pressure off. As long as they can keep from turning it over in their own end, they should be fine. I see TB having a big game. 

Pats 38-27. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]This game will be about field position and turnovers. In the game back in November, Pats got the ball 6 times in the first half with starting field position of their own 5 (4 plays), own 6 (3 plays), own 17 (8 play drive ended in an int), own 20 (5 plays), own 11 (3 plays), and own 9 (12 play drive ended in missed fg). In the second half, Brady gave the Giants 2 short fields on a pick and a fumble, which handed them 10 points. Those turnovers were the difference. Pats (almost) can't have worse field position in this game, which should take a little of the pressure off. As long as they can keep from turning it over in their own end, they should be fine. I see TB having a big game.  Pats 38-27. 
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111[/QUOTE]

it sure doesn't help having bad field position.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

34-31 Pats.We win it on a last second field goal, like we always do.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

31 - 24 Pats win

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I really don't know.  I didn't want to face this Giants team at all because we just aren't a good match up with them.  Can we win? Absolutely!  Do I want us to win?  Absolutely!  Will we win?  I dunno...i really don't. 

I won't be shocked either way.  I tend to lean to the Giants winning this until the Patriots prove to me that they can get the better of them.  It's been a long while since they were able to beat the Giants.  It really just depends on who is better on that day.

Maybe it's just my way of protecting myself from potential disappointment. *shrugs*  I'm pullin for all the fellas though, 100%...  I'd revel in a Pats blowout so I can enjoy the food and good times at the SB party in a more relaxed way.  But that's just my optimal outcome! :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

My pick is Pats 34 Giants 21. BRADY will be on fire!!! I'm hoping that it's more like 41 and Giants 7, love to blow them away. Maybe shut up the nay Sayers for a while, and have Brady get the respect he has earned and the D laughing at the stats about them being the worse, without mentioning ALL the injuries that happened early. They never failed to mention other teams injuries!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Patriots 28 NYG 17

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

31-30 pats.. Tom Brady with a last minute drive

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BetheKoolaid. Show BetheKoolaid's posts

The 2 weeks between games can cool off a red-hot team like the Giants.
    Will the Patriots play their 4th nailbiting Super Bowl which goes down to the wire?
    No!

NE 31
    NY 17

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

17-14 Patriots.

The Patriots go conservative and BenJarvus Green-Ellis rushes
    20 times for 100 yards.

The Patriots play mistake free and Eli Manning turns the ball over 3 times throwing an interception on the Giants' final drive.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

[QUOTE]I predict the game comes down to the 4th quarter. Despite all the hoopla about the Giants defense I think this will be a shootout type of game...like week 17 of the 07 season. Their pass rush is good, but Brady will be ready and can get the ball out quickly. The keys will be turnovers and red zone play. Both teams can score from 20-50 yards out, but who will prevail when they get on the short field? The Patriots defense gives up yards, but forces a lot of FGs in the red zone. They'll need to do that in this game. I'll pick a "repeat" score (since so many are speculating about similarities to everything) of 38-35 with Brady driving the field in the last two minutes to pull out the victory. And to bring a Lombardi home for the memory of Myra. Hopefully Gronk will be able to grab the winning TD and cap off a great season (one of many more hopefully)!
    Posted by Bubthegrub12[/QUOTE]

Hey Bub!

I too think the Pats will win....maybe high or low total scores...but we WILL WIN BY 3 POINTS !!!!!  Book'em Danno!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

I think it will be a game of opposites.  I think the Giants will only run the ball enough to make play action easier, electing to attack the Pats' secondary.  I think the Pats will want to keep Eli and the Jints O off the field as much, if not more, than the Jints want to keep him and the Pats O off the field.  Ergo, I'm thinking BB and TB may be running the ball more than usual to gain a TOP advantage.  Also, I think that BB will dial in on running up the gut/short screens/reverses in an effort to keep the Jints front four off-balance, using Woodhead, Ridley, Faulk and perhaps Hernandez in the backfield.  We'll need YAC like you read about and I only see TB going deep just to keep the Jints' secondary honest.  I think turnovers (or lack thereof) and a big play or two on special teams may very well determine the outcome - FGs against the Jints won't be easy as Pierre (bad spelling?) can block FGs.  That said, in a dome, I think we'll go ball control, Jints will be off to the WR races.  We get a pick at an opportune time, eat the clock, keep the Jints D guessing, and win a close one that won't be as high scoring as the pundits think (I believe over/under is 55 or something like that).  I'll go with 26-23 Pats.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

27-16 Pats win