Last Draft Prediction to stick to... NO TRADES!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccusson1122. Show ccusson1122's posts

Re: Last Draft Prediction to stick to... NO TRADES!

#22 Sergio Kindle
    #44 Dexter Mccluster
    #47 Brandon Lafell
    #53 Jerome Murphy
    #119 George Selvie

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

ODRICK, MORGAN & BRYANT WILL BE GONE BY 22
    ODRICK HAS SLIM SHOT AT BEING THERE

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sveltics. Show Sveltics's posts

#22 Best Player Available
    #44 Best Player Available
    #47 Best Player Available
    #53 Best Player Available
    #119 Give ya one guess

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Last Draft Prediction to stick to... NO TRADES!:
    ODRICK, MORGAN & BRYANT WILL BE GONE BY 22 ODRICK HAS SLIM SHOT AT BEING THERE
    Posted by jbolted

really?

Most mocks have him in the 24-29 range

morgan for sure will be gone

Bryant is only 'falling' for character reasons as I'm sure you know

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

I think there will be a massive amount of action, so I am pretty sure my mock will be irrelevant. Sadly, I could not find a way to have Graham fall to 22, but I really do believe we will trade up to snag him. 

Would love to here people's taught on this mock.

#22- Maurkice Pouncey G/C Florida
    - Would give the Patriots insurance incase Mankins leaves next year or holds out. Can step for Koppen in a year or two, or fill in for Neal hen he gets injured. Can anchor against the large noses in the AFC East. Would bring an aggressiveness and toughness to the line. Presents solid value, and is considered a safe pick.    
    #44- Damian Williams WR USC- Can play on the outside across from Randy Moss. Is a fantastic route runner whose game speed is faster than timed. Can also return punts. Great production and is a high character man. Reminds me of Jimmy Smith in terms of play, but doesn't have the off the field problems. Can generate Y.A.C. and would help Tom Brady out. 
    #47- Carlos Dunlap DE/OLB Florida- A top five talent who falls due to character and work ethic concerns. Solid production in the SEC. Would be a large outside linebacker who could set the edge and slide to end on 3rd downs. If Urban Meyer tells Belichick that character is fine, then Bill can coach him into a fine player. As long as the work ethic is improved, he could be a steal. 
    #53- Corey Wootton DE Northwestern- Would need to put on some weight, but has a nice frame to play RDE. Decent production, but was hampered by injuries. Has nice potential to be a solid starter. Although he is big, I think he needs to work on his run defense before he can start. 
    #119- Ed Dickson TE Oregon- A pass catcher who has the ability to block. Would learn from Alge Crumpler for a year, then take over the duties. Has good size and can stretch the field down the seem. Comes out of the spread, so he needs to learn how to play in a pro offense. bill could get the report on him from Pat Chung. Could also be Blount.
    #190- Donovan Warren CB Michigan- A big corner who had great production in his 3 years. Can also line up at safety. A solid player in run support, and wraps up well. Is a solid cover corner, but is susceptible to the interference flag. Would give the cornerbacks depth and insurance in case of injury.  
    #205- Myron Rolle S Florida State- Not sure he falls this far, but it could happen. This would allow Brandon McGowan to be released. A very smart player who is athletic. His ball skills need work, and he seems to be more of an in the box kinda guy. Is a former high round prospect who falls quite a ways. Would be a great value this late.    
    #229- Brandon Deaderick DE Alabama Has experience in the 3-4, and Saban would tell Bill everything he needs to know. Great run stopper, and could probably play nose in a pinch. Is dedicated to the game, as he played in a game 5 days after getting shot in the arm. I am not sure he would make the 53 man roster, butt would be a great practice squad guy. 
    #231- Zoltan Mesko P Michigan- Mesko was a Ray Guy finalist, and did a lot of punting the last two years due to Michigan's bad offense. Is a big guy who has a strong leg and can place the ball inside the twenty.  
    #247- Brody Eldridge TE Oklahoma- He played C, FB, and TE for OU. Belichick would love to have this versatility on the squad. Widely considered the best blocking TE in the draft. I would assume he is a hard worker, and seems like the type of player that will do anything for you. 
    #248- Trindon Holiday KR/RB/WR LSU- A small, quick player who is more of a track guy than a football player. Can play a variety of positions, and can go the distance on each one. Not sure he makes it this far, as the Raiders will be salivating over his 40 time. 
    #250- Stafon Johnson RB USC- Was involved in a weightlifting accident at USC. Has a lot of potential that was never showcased due to the stable of backs at USC. Can run over a defender or run around them. I think he would end up on the practice squad, but his attitude would be a great addition to the team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sveltics. Show Sveltics's posts

I think there will be a massive amount of action, so I am pretty sure my mock will be irrelevant. Sadly, I could not find a way to have Graham fall to 22, but I really do believe we will trade up to snag him.  Would love to here people's taught on this mock. #22- Maurkice Pouncey G/C Florida - Would give the Patriots insurance incase Mankins leaves next year or holds out. Can step for Koppen in a year or two, or fill in for Neal hen he gets injured. Can anchor against the large noses in the AFC East. Would bring an aggressiveness and toughness to the line. Presents solid value, and is considered a safe pick.     #44- Damian Williams WR USC-  Can play on the outside across from Randy Moss. Is a fantastic route runner whose game speed is faster than timed. Can also return punts. Great production and is a high character man. Reminds me of Jimmy Smith in terms of play, but doesn't have the off the field problems. Can generate Y.A.C. and would help Tom Brady out.  #47- Carlos Dunlap DE/OLB Florida -  A top five talent who falls due to character and work ethic concerns. Solid production in the SEC. Would be a large outside linebacker who could set the edge and slide to end on 3rd downs. If Urban Meyer tells Belichick that character is fine, then Bill can coach him into a fine player. As long as the work ethic is improved, he could be a steal.  #53- Corey Wootton DE Northwestern - Would need to put on some weight, but has a nice frame to play RDE. Decent production, but was hampered by injuries. Has nice potential to be a solid starter. Although he is big, I think he needs to work on his run defense before he can start.  #119- Ed Dickson TE Oregon - A pass catcher who has the ability to block. Would learn from Alge Crumpler for a year, then take over the duties. Has good size and can stretch the field down the seem. Comes out of the spread, so he needs to learn how to play in a pro offense. bill could get the report on him from Pat Chung. Could also be Blount. #190- Donovan Warren CB Michigan - A big corner who had great production in his 3 years. Can also line up at safety. A solid player in run support, and wraps up well. Is a solid cover corner, but is susceptible to the interference flag. Would give the cornerbacks depth and insurance in case of injury.   #205- Myron Rolle S Florida State - Not sure he falls this far, but it could happen. This would allow Brandon McGowan to be released. A very smart player who is athletic. His ball skills need work, and he seems to be more of an in the box kinda guy. Is a former high round prospect who falls quite a ways. Would be a great value this late.     #229- Brandon Deaderick DE Alabama  Has experience in the 3-4, and Saban would tell Bill everything he needs to know. Great run stopper, and could probably play nose in a pinch. Is dedicated to the game, as he played in a game 5 days after getting shot in the arm. I am not sure he would make the 53 man roster, butt would be a great practice squad guy.  #231- Zoltan Mesko P Michigan - Mesko was a Ray Guy finalist, and did a lot of punting the last two years due to Michigan's bad offense. Is a big guy who has a strong leg and can place the ball inside the twenty.   #247- Brody Eldridge TE Oklahoma -  He played C, FB, and TE for OU. Belichick would love to have this versatility on the squad. Widely considered the best blocking TE in the draft. I would assume he is a hard worker, and seems like the type of player that will do anything for you.  #248- Trindon Holiday KR/RB/WR LSU - A small, quick player who is more of a track guy than a football player. Can play a variety of positions, and can go the distance on each one. Not sure he makes it this far, as the Raiders will be salivating over his 40 time.  #250- Stafon Johnson RB USC - Was involved in a weightlifting accident at USC. Has a lot of potential that was never showcased due to the stable of backs at USC. Can run over a defender or run around them. I think he would end up on the practice squad, but his attitude would be a great addition to the team.
    Posted by Supernova13

I agree that an OL could be pick @22. However, i think it more likely that BB uses 2B or 2C for this purpose. That is, unless, the Pats can talk John Hannah out of retirement.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

In Response to Last Draft Prediction to stick to... NO TRADES!:
    NO Trades allowed must pick the picks they have #22 through #53 Too impossible beyond that. If you think they are trading up for lets say JPP at 10 then put him at #22 and take that chance. Last picks accepted  for the purpose of this thread as of the draft bell. Lets see who is the Draft King in here. I'll include a question about trades of picks. my prediction: #22: OL Pouncey- Took me a while to come to this but if they stay at 22 he should be there and it makes sense. #44: OLB Jerry Hughes- I think he could be there but they might have to move up to early second to guarantee it and they have the bullets to get that done. #47: WR Golden Tate- Brady is smiling now this guy will be a seemless fit for the Patriots Passing game. And can take over for Moss in 2011. #53: RB Montario Hardesty- he is a guy I would be more comfortable taking in the 3rd but if we can't move #53 for a 3rd and 5th this year  and a 3rd next for example I would take him at 53 w/o much worry. Now I like that draft and it seems possible to me. Not reaching for anyone either. Now to the question...
    Posted by DaBlade

lol Golden tate take over for MOSS... first off good thought but instantly this guy is going to be converted into a slot reciever where ever he goes, and is no way going to be taking over for moss.  AT a whopping 5'10 195 he is going to be filling in as a slot and he clearly doesnt have the breakaway speed to out run guys down the sideline.

Second we have plenty of slot guys so the fit for him to come to New England doesnt seem right.  And dont tell me tate has the speed to out run nfl cornerbacks because ive watched him over the last 3 years get chased down by mediocre college dbs and lbs. Considering my buddy went to Notre Dame and wouldnt stop talking about this guy, i seen more then enough of this guy to judge, dont get me wrong he is a great slot reciever, but man did I see this guy get run down in the open field plenty of times..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

#22 Dez Bryant, WR #44 Carlos Dunlap, OLB / DE #47Patrick Robinson, CB #53 Dennis Pitta, TE #119 LeGarrette Blount, RB
    Posted by dwhite1220

Dez bryant is number 1 reciever in the draft, with the browns, broncos, and a few others in need of a reciever, hes goign to be gone befere the 22nd PICK.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

I think there will be a massive amount of action, so I am pretty sure my mock will be irrelevant. Sadly, I could not find a way to have Graham fall to 22, but I really do believe we will trade up to snag him.  Would love to here people's taught on this mock. #22- Maurkice Pouncey G/C Florida - Would give the Patriots insurance incase Mankins leaves next year or holds out. Can step for Koppen in a year or two, or fill in for Neal hen he gets injured. Can anchor against the large noses in the AFC East. Would bring an aggressiveness and toughness to the line. Presents solid value, and is considered a safe pick.     #44- Damian Williams WR USC-  Can play on the outside across from Randy Moss. Is a fantastic route runner whose game speed is faster than timed. Can also return punts. Great production and is a high character man. Reminds me of Jimmy Smith in terms of play, but doesn't have the off the field problems. Can generate Y.A.C. and would help Tom Brady out.  #47- Carlos Dunlap DE/OLB Florida -  A top five talent who falls due to character and work ethic concerns. Solid production in the SEC. Would be a large outside linebacker who could set the edge and slide to end on 3rd downs. If Urban Meyer tells Belichick that character is fine, then Bill can coach him into a fine player. As long as the work ethic is improved, he could be a steal.  #53- Corey Wootton DE Northwestern - Would need to put on some weight, but has a nice frame to play RDE. Decent production, but was hampered by injuries. Has nice potential to be a solid starter. Although he is big, I think he needs to work on his run defense before he can start.  #119- Ed Dickson TE Oregon - A pass catcher who has the ability to block. Would learn from Alge Crumpler for a year, then take over the duties. Has good size and can stretch the field down the seem. Comes out of the spread, so he needs to learn how to play in a pro offense. bill could get the report on him from Pat Chung. Could also be Blount. #190- Donovan Warren CB Michigan - A big corner who had great production in his 3 years. Can also line up at safety. A solid player in run support, and wraps up well. Is a solid cover corner, but is susceptible to the interference flag. Would give the cornerbacks depth and insurance in case of injury.   #205- Myron Rolle S Florida State - Not sure he falls this far, but it could happen. This would allow Brandon McGowan to be released. A very smart player who is athletic. His ball skills need work, and he seems to be more of an in the box kinda guy. Is a former high round prospect who falls quite a ways. Would be a great value this late.     #229- Brandon Deaderick DE Alabama  Has experience in the 3-4, and Saban would tell Bill everything he needs to know. Great run stopper, and could probably play nose in a pinch. Is dedicated to the game, as he played in a game 5 days after getting shot in the arm. I am not sure he would make the 53 man roster, butt would be a great practice squad guy.  #231- Zoltan Mesko P Michigan - Mesko was a Ray Guy finalist, and did a lot of punting the last two years due to Michigan's bad offense. Is a big guy who has a strong leg and can place the ball inside the twenty.   #247- Brody Eldridge TE Oklahoma -  He played C, FB, and TE for OU. Belichick would love to have this versatility on the squad. Widely considered the best blocking TE in the draft. I would assume he is a hard worker, and seems like the type of player that will do anything for you.  #248- Trindon Holiday KR/RB/WR LSU - A small, quick player who is more of a track guy than a football player. Can play a variety of positions, and can go the distance on each one. Not sure he makes it this far, as the Raiders will be salivating over his 40 time.  #250- Stafon Johnson RB USC - Was involved in a weightlifting accident at USC. Has a lot of potential that was never showcased due to the stable of backs at USC. Can run over a defender or run around them. I think he would end up on the practice squad, but his attitude would be a great addition to the team.
    Posted by Supernova13

I like alot of your picks but i think i would switch a few things

#22 Demeryius Thomas-wr-Gt - everyone says he has not so great route running skills in this forum, but i think im like very few who have seen him really actually play... I hate college football but three guys stood out this year to me this guy was one of them

#44 Dunlap

#47 Dwyer if he is still avialable RB GT- the other guy who stood out for me

#53 koa misi

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

#22 Gresham, TE . I really don't want another 1st Rd TE. But the need is glaring and Gresham can be a 3 down immediate contributor. #44 C Brown, T. We need another OT to go along with Vollmer. #47 T. Alualu , DT . Great motor and quickness for a 300lb guy. Has a knack for springing loose from OT's. If we make this pick, we'll see more 4-3 fronts. #53 N. Bowman, OLB . Not much chatter about him. Smallish but great athlete. 1st Round talent if not for off the field issues. #119 M. Gilliard, WR . His small stature lack of top end speed causes him to slide. But his is another Welker type.
    Posted by pats-fan-2007

How many slot recievers would you like?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kG-solo. Show kG-solo's posts

Had a weird dream about it yesterday LOL..

22. Dez Bryant
    44. Jerry Hughes
    47. Tim Tebow
    53. Best available CB

i'm not saying this is who I want (though I would be happy with Bryant), I'm just going with my gut lol..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The Patriots have two draft picks already ...  Tate the wide receiver from NC and MacKenzie the LB from Pitt . . . this year will really be their rookie season.  Now they have 12 selections in this years draft and not enough room on the team to keep all of them . . . so package some and move up in the draft this year . . . maybe two or three 7th rounders and a 5th rounder to move up to a third rounder.  I would not be against trading their own number one next year and a 6th and 7th rounder to get another pick in the 2nd or 3rd round this year. 
    Posted by tenace4life
    Tyronne McKenzie played his College ball at USF.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotway. Show Patriotway's posts

Will people please stop picking Hughes at #44. He will be long gone!

Sections
Shortcuts