Last installment of what I learned from Hard Knocks last episode.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Re: Last installment of what I learned from Hard Knocks last episode.

In Response to Last installment of what I learned from Hard Knocks last episode.:
    [QUOTE]Hey guys, last night was the last episode of the season for Hard Knocks and for those of you who dont have HBO here is what you missed. Not Much. The beginning of the episode was the footage from the Jets last pre season game. Sanchez did not play but instead they had him call the plays as OC for the second half of the game. I assume this was to show us he knows the offense and from a coaching perspective it gave Sanchez a look at how the OC does his job which im sure is helpful. The Jets fumble that ball....alot. In their last pre season game the fumbled the ball 5 times. Their rookie RB McKnight is not very good. He continues to fumble the ball and he does not know the offense. My guess is he gets cut next year if he doesnt pick it up by mid season. I have said it before and I am saying it again the thing that will be the down fall of the Jets if they fail to make the playoffs this season is their lack of depth. Their number 1 offense and #1 defense are good but their back up's are not very good at all. They spend so much money o their 1's that their back up's are all cheap and not too good. So if an injury bug hits the Jets they are in for some trouble. IMO At the end of the episode we got to see Revis finally show up to camp. We got to see behind the scenes footage of how the contract went down. Rex Ryan at one point flipped his lid on the agent for Revis and was dropping some F bombs and then the next day they went to see him in person and the deal got done. Plus we got to see the final cuts which is always a cool part of the show. They cut a FB that I wish the Pats would sign. Jason Davis was his name (I think) and I think he looked pretty good. But we dont use FB's so I doubt it. Revis made a comment during the contract talks that I think was his way of saying the jets cant beat the Pats with out him or at least he doesnt think they can. The GM told Rex Ryan that the reason Revis would not sign the deal was because and I quote " He thinks we will either fold after week two or trade him at the end of the year". So to me that means that he thought the Pats would win in week two and the Jets would fold and give him his money. Thats how I took it. I think we learned one thing more then anything this season, and that is Rex Ryan wants to be the star of that football team. Its all about Rex. Not good. Well that is it, if i left anything out I will edit later. till then what did you guys think of the episode and what do you take from my notes this week? Do you think my theory of revis not thinking the Jets can win in week two holds any water? or no? Lets talk football!
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

I think your dead on with the Revis part.  This was the perfect time for him to hold out and max his worth.  Reminds me of what Emmit Smith did in Dallas.  Cowboys held thier ground until they started the season 0-2 and thru the kitchen sink at him to come back.  Jets didnt want to be 0-2 either and caved to get him in.  Every loss they suffered would have just strengthened Revis's position.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

Good point about Revis thinking of week 2 being a turning point in negotiations.  It is a moot point now and it was only made by Revis, furthermore the Jets were not buying it.  When Rex flipped his lid he was yelling at revis' agent to enjoy watching the game monday night because we will show you.  My favorite part of perhaps the whole series.  He meant that isht!!!!  I got pumped up watching that.  Just part of the Rex mentality, if you aint with us you are against us.  he might as well been yelling at the patriots or fish.  WE WILL SHOW YOU!!!

That being said, Rex sure does do his best to take the spotlight off his team and onto himself.  He did the same thing last year in the playoffs and I expect nothing less from him. You see this as a bad thing but I see it as a good thing.  he takes some of the pressure off his team.  If the team loses it was his fault or he will try to take the fall for it.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Last installment of what I learned from Hard Knocks last episode.:
    [QUOTE]Not Much.

This right here ^ encapsulates exactly what I think of Green New Jersey in general and Hard Knocks in particular. I didn't have to watch this series to hear all the "blah, blah, blah . . . " the Jests seem to think is going to sustain them this season. I will be very interested next week to see if they can do anything besides run their mouths.

Frankly, I'm inclined to doubt it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

In Response to Re: Last installment of what I learned from Hard Knocks last episode.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Last installment of what I learned from Hard Knocks last episode. : This right here ^ encapsulates exactly what I think of Green New Jersey in general and Hard Knocks in particular. I didn't have to watch this series to hear all the "blah, blah, blah . . . " the Jests seem to think is going to sustain them this season. I will be very interested next week to see if they can do anything besides run their mouths. Frankly, I'm inclined to doubt it.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Nope, defense + running game will sustain us. You will believe it after week 2. 

Classic quote from Rex during his tantrum at team facility during final phase of negotiations: "It's a f---in' joke. Three years left on a f-- deal. Watch Monday night. Watch what the f-- happens."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

NY is in trouble on offense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

Their QB is also a major issue.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Last installment of what I learned from Hard Knocks last episode.:
    [QUOTE]You will believe it after week 2. 
    Posted by whodeawhodat[/QUOTE]

Actually, what I believe is that after week two we will have seen the last of you under this screen name.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

I wonder how much different their training camp would have been if they weren't on Hard Knocks this year....

Revis probably would have been in camp sooner. Not saying it was staged...but sometimes it seemed like it was more about the show than it was about training camp.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

yeh, it is waaay to early to crable mcknight although he did have a terrible preseason.  If any team's top 2 running backs went down, that team would be in trouble so no news flash there bruddah.  as for rex falling on the sword, that is just for the media which in NY can be as brutal as the 9th man in the box.  I think you saw that inside the locker room there is no sugar coating what is acceptable.  People say that the players rule the Jets but Rex is the man in that locker room.  Like you said, it is all about him, you want to say yes to him, you want to do for him.  Everyone says that if we lose the first two games our team will erupt.  Well, I have not seen any of that from Holmes, Edwards or LT.  I have seen hard work this offseason.  Holmes and Edwards are FA next year, have you heard either one of them mention it? nope.  I say Rex has things in order and as a Jets fan I am happy with it.  If we start out 0-2 I would be shocked but it would not mean our season is over. I dont think our team would implode or rex would have a stroke.  It is all good over here in Jetsville.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

so tell me, whodea...do YOU "want to say yes" to Rex?...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

I am a happy jets fan and if rex says we gunna beat some azz, we gonna beat some azz.  I enjoy watching a violent game, Rex coaches about as violent a game as I have ever seen.  You will not want to play us.  Ask the bengals this sunday.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

[QUOTE]yeh, it is waaay to early to crable mcknight although he did have a terrible preseason.  If any team's top 2 running backs went down, that team would be in trouble so no news flash there bruddah.  as for rex falling on the sword, that is just for the media which in NY can be as brutal as the 9th man in the box.  I think you saw that inside the locker room there is no sugar coating what is acceptable.  People say that the players rule the Jets but Rex is the man in that locker room.  Like you said, it is all about him, you want to say yes to him, you want to do for him.  Everyone says that if we lose the first two games our team will erupt.  Well, I have not seen any of that from Holmes, Edwards or LT.  I have seen hard work this offseason.  Holmes and Edwards are FA next year, have you heard either one of them mention it? nope.  I say Rex has things in order and as a Jets fan I am happy with it.  If we start out 0-2 I would be shocked but it would not mean our season is over. I dont think our team would implode or rex would have a stroke.  It is all good over here in Jetsville.

Is it too early to let Gholston know he isn't worth millions of dollars and a 7th overall pick?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

[QUOTE]I am a happy jets fan and if rex says we gunna beat some azz, we gonna beat some azz.  I enjoy watching a violent game, Rex coaches about as violent a game as I have ever seen.  You will not want to play us.  Ask the bengals this sunday.
    The Jets probably will turn out to be a "pretty good" team but you will have to have patience.
    In week 1 Ray lewis is going to punish the Jets OL and then he is going to scare the s**t out of Sanchez Hopefully Brunelle can still throw for 20 yards. I don't want to guess the end score but the Jets probably won't score more than 10 points!
    In week 2 the Jets will be still nursing their bruises that the ravens put on them.
    Ryan will use this as the excuse why the Patriots humiliate them in their new stadium.
    In week 3 you have a chance.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

we have a team in the ravens this week that many of the "experts" are picking to represent the AFC in the SB.  Patriots are in week 2.  we will find out who has the better team in week 2, agreed?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

Here's what we can agree on:

We will all enjoying watching Monday night's game.  But, for different reasons.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

TV over now time to actually play the game...these folks are screwed..no offence...none, zippo. And a loud fat man at the mic...this should be fun to watch.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]If Green gets hurt like last year and LT slows down the Jets have no depth behind those guys. McKnight is soooooo bad right now, he is young but boy does he look like a "bust" too soon to say but boy does he look bad.

He's talented, but clueless. I'm surprised they kept him; probably saving face 'cause they wasted a draft pick on him; otherwise they're being patient.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]TV over now time to actually play the game...these folks are screwed..no offence...none, zippo. And a loud fat man at the mic...this should be fun to watch.
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

I see there are other clueless individuals besides McKnight.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Last installment of what I learned from Hard Knocks last episode. : He's talented, but clueless. I'm surprised they kept him; probably saving face 'cause they wasted a draft pick on him; otherwise they're being patient.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

It's the same thing with Gholston. Total bust, they asked to him to reduce his contract and he did.   They refuse to admit draft busts.

Even overpaying for D'Bustashaw is a sign of this weakness.

They overrate and overpay some of their draft picks.

When a FB is your best draft pick, you know you had a bad draft.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Agreed; here's guessing Gholston is a reclamation project that eventually may have some good football in him. Unless McKnight has brain surgery, I doubt the same result.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Last installment of what I learned from Hard Knocks last episode. : I see there are other clueless individuals besides McKnight.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

AND where are all the people on here during the draft that bitched because the Pats didn't draft him?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

[QUOTE]we have a team in the ravens this week that many of the "experts" are picking to represent the AFC in the SB.  Patriots are in week 2.  we will find out who has the better team in week 2, agreed?

NNNNOOOOOOOOOO!  We will find out who has the better team if either the Patriots or Jests.......WIN the division!!!! The Phins and even Bills might have something to say about that.

Sections
Shortcuts