Last time Pats were 1-2? 2001. Last time Pats were under .500? 2003.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Last time Pats were 1-2? 2001. Last time Pats were under .500? 2003.

Maybe 2012 can share something else with those two seasons.

Hopefully Mankins can get healthy, Hernandez gets, and stays healthy, and the defense improves upon Weeks 1 and 2, and takes Week 3 as a learning experience and grows because of it.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Re: Last time Pats were 1-2? 2001. Last time Pats were under .500? 2003.

WE are 2 snaps from being 3-0. We got screwed in Bal so even though it still counts as an L we'll be fine. I am not phased in the least by our record at all, in fact, I think it will keep the inane heads at ESPN et al focussed on someone else.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

anyone know offhand what the stat is for the percentage of time the previous SB participants make it to the playoffs the following year?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

After rewatching the Ravens game, Pats played better than most of us think. I'm telling you the Ravens are the team in trouble this year. We'll be fine.

[/QUOTE]

Watch the game sober or with both eyes? Perhaps yiun used The Force????

Sorry to see you missed the 500+ yards allowed, and teh ongoing inability to shut down the opposing offense late in a game. Plus, you obviously were taking a bathroom break, stopping to get some munchies after completing your designated task, and missed 14:10 of the 4th Qtr, when the Pats O was completely shut down, including wasting the gift of the 15 yrd bench misconduct penalty on the Ravens. Then there were two dropped INT's, a few dropped passes, a few overthrows......

But, you're right. Sunday was a GREAT game. No issues with the Pats, and the now 3-1 Ravens are in DEEP trouble, with Cleveland and Cincy in their division. Glad to see you encourage and contribute to the success of Happy Hour.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

both teams will be there in the playoffs.....wouldnt surprise me if its pats-ravens again for a trip to the super bowl....texans are a threat too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

OMG!!!!! ROFLMFAO!!!! Go ahead and excuse the last two games away as being "screwed". There is absolutely NO FREAKIN' WAY tha Pats should EVER score 18 points at home vs the Cardinals! Sunday? Too many lost opportunities in that game. Then, the offense rolled over and died after the first 50 seconds Sunday, when they attained their 9 point lead. A few more 1st downs, if not a score, and they win that game. Ray Lewis, incited by that bogus 15 yd bench penalty WILLED that team to win. That was the Pats's 2011 DFL version of defense gakking it up with under 2 minutes left. That game never should have come down to a FG attempt.

If they lose this week, what will your excuse(s) be? The sub refs are gone.... Hernandez is out, the D is still DFL......   Sorry, gang, but this team does not have the ability (maybe "desire"?) to just turn it on and off anymore. The league has caught up to them. There is absolutely NOITHING that this squad offers that scares other teams. They play to "stay close late in teh game", and have a great shot of pulling an upset. Hmmm.... it's getting to be common place, so maybe "upset" is no longer valid. They have to get attitude back and SHOW us something, starting Sunday.

THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THIS YEAR'S TEAM AND TEH 2001 AND 2003 TEAMS IS THE DEFENSE. THEY HAD IT BACK THEN, DOESN'T EXIST NOW.  

But, you go on ahead and keep deluding yourself. As with a liar, soon you'll be believing your own drivel. Then, the fall will be REALLY hard. Reality sux after a while.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to AZPAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

OMG!!!!! ROFLMFAO!!!! Go ahead and excuse the last two games away as being "screwed". There is absolutely NO FREAKIN' WAY tha Pats should EVER score 18 points at home vs the Cardinals! Sunday? Too many lost opportunities in that game. Then, the offense rolled over and died after the first 50 seconds Sunday, when they attained their 9 point lead. A few more 1st downs, if not a score, and they win that game. Ray Lewis, incited by that bogus 15 yd bench penalty WILLED that team to win. That was the Pats's 2011 DFL version of defense gakking it up with under 2 minutes left. That game never should have come down to a FG attempt.

If they lose this week, what will your excuse(s) be? The sub refs are gone.... Hernandez is out, the D is still DFL......   Sorry, gang, but this team does not have the ability (maybe "desire"?) to just turn it on and off anymore. The league has caught up to them. There is absolutely NOITHING that this squad offers that scares other teams. They play to "stay close late in teh game", and have a great shot of pulling an upset. Hmmm.... it's getting to be common place, so maybe "upset" is no longer valid. They have to get attitude back and SHOW us something, starting Sunday.

THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THIS YEAR'S TEAM AND TEH 2001 AND 2003 TEAMS IS THE DEFENSE. THEY HAD IT BACK THEN, DOESN'T EXIST NOW.  

But, you go on ahead and keep deluding yourself. As with a liar, soon you'll be believing your own drivel. Then, the fall will be REALLY hard. Reality sux after a while.

[/QUOTE]

agree with some points. I think our offense can potentially scare people again, but a couple of things need to happen.  Our OL needs to come together quickly. In addition, BB needs to pick Ridley as the #1 RB w/ spells from Vereen and Woody. McD needs to get his shyt together and be less predictable.

Defensively, is the tough one.  If Jones is shut out, we are screwed. Not concerned about our Run D...but we need someone on the other side who can get pressure on the opposing QB. It's the only way for us to mask our secondary problems.

Peeps are gonna freak if one would suggest trading Brady for a shutdown CB in his prime, a stud LT and let Mallet take over....lol

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to AZPAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

After rewatching the Ravens game, Pats played better than most of us think. I'm telling you the Ravens are the team in trouble this year. We'll be fine.

[/QUOTE]

Watch the game sober or with both eyes? Perhaps yiun used The Force????

Sorry to see you missed the 500+ yards allowed, and teh ongoing inability to shut down the opposing offense late in a game. Plus, you obviously were taking a bathroom break, stopping to get some munchies after completing your designated task, and missed 14:10 of the 4th Qtr, when the Pats O was completely shut down, including wasting the gift of the 15 yrd bench misconduct penalty on the Ravens. Then there were two dropped INT's, a few dropped passes, a few overthrows......

But, you're right. Sunday was a GREAT game. No issues with the Pats, and the now 3-1 Ravens are in DEEP trouble, with Cleveland and Cincy in their division. Glad to see you encourage and contribute to the success of Happy Hour.

[/QUOTE]

The 4th quarter was sketchy ,  since they gave up that 2 score lead with a little help from sh!t refs.

I thought the game was more intense than usual.  I was stressed . Ravens and bad refs... Bad combination leading to frisky vodka consumption .

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i agree. secondary is not as bad as people think. they are better than last year. pass rush, despite bad numbers last week, is better than last year. they would have gotten sacks and tfls if the refs called half the holds. with the reg refs back, they should get those calls. by game 6 it will be obvious that the d will end the season in the top 7 in yds and pts.

on o, tb will be fine if he keeps under c, even when trailing.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

"The 4th quarter was sketchy ,  since they gave up that 2 score lead with a little help from sh!t refs.  I thought the game was more intense than usual.  I was stressed . Ravens and bad refs... Bad combination leading to frisky vodka consumption ."  Coolade2

I agree with this.  Hopefully that's over and we'll see what we have on Sunday.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In 2001, they had some 6th round, second year QB taking over for a franchise, $100million QB. Nobody gave them a chance.

In 2003, they were coming off a year that they missed the playoffs, opening the door for everyone to call them a fluke. They cut Milloy, and "this team hated their coach." Nobody gave them a chance.

Now it's 2012, that once 6th round pick is still good, but not great anymore. Belichick is too stubborn, and the D simply isn't good enough. Nobody is giving them a chance.

I see some similarities there. It's easy to look back at 01 and 03 and think of all the positives, but going IN to those seasons, nobody called them the odds on favorites. Rodney was washed up in 03, remember? Their running game was a joke. They had no receivers. In retrospect, sure, we can see the D was a lot better than we thought. Why isn't that possible with this team? They con't come together like they did after game 10 of the 01 season? Why not?

This team has defied odds more often than not, look no farther than last year, when nobody was picking them to represent the AFC in the SB.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Our defense is young and I am glad we are having tough losses in the beginning of the season. This will only make our team stronger as the season progresses.

Given that we were not going to a 19-0 season after the Cardinals loss, I am ok with losing the Ravens game as well - hopefully, this will put a fire in our team's belly.

Lets see how they respond against the Bills.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to LuvsThosePats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"The 4th quarter was sketchy ,  since they gave up that 2 score lead with a little help from sh!t refs.  I thought the game was more intense than usual.  I was stressed . Ravens and bad refs... Bad combination leading to frisky vodka consumption ."  Coolade2

I agree with this.  Hopefully that's over and we'll see what we have on Sunday.

[/QUOTE]

oh yeah ... I forgot to mention , the game was won on a MISSED FIELD GOAL...!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I saw a defense in the process of totally dominating the Ravens and then had a massive mental letdown.

Yes the refs had somethng to do with it by letting the Ravens have a few key 3rd downs on bogus calls when they were going to have to punt again. Punting againd and the Patriots scoring at this point in the game would have meant blowout time.

But after the gift 1rst downs I saw the Ravens actually feel they were given a reprieve.

However I still  think the Pats defense lost that game, not the refs. Their reaction to the calls and the Ravens getting back into the game was to deflate, have a letdown, when they should have gotten pissed off and laid some Ed Reed hurt on the Ravens and really forced those refs to earn their pay.

So in summary, the Pats defense is going to be very good this year..they just need to get an attitude of them against the world, expect the officials to be against them and not be suprised, take all hardship out on the other team, play tight as a unit and no one let up.

BB can make a little hardship early in the season go along way. I think he will not let them forget this one.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to nyfan11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Your pats will end up with the same fate as your red sux.  Last place.   bwahahahaha.

Go Jets, Your new 2012 AFC East Champs

[/QUOTE]

To quote PFW Paul Perillo "You don't even believe your own crap!". 43 and counting!!!  

Sections
Shortcuts