Last year no offensive coordinator, now no defensive coordinator..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Last year no offensive coordinator, now no defensive coordinator..

Bill going to do it all himself? Interesting???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrisPatsFan. Show KrisPatsFan's posts

Re: Last year no offensive coordinator, now no defensive coordinator..

The no offensive coordinator thing didn't really work last year.  So, now we will have no offensive or defensive coordinator.  I know its "In Bill We Trust" but I think Bill needs some help.  I don't think this is a good call.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsgirl6. Show patsgirl6's posts

I'm not a fan of this move.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

Bill will have help with all of the coaches on the staff. OBrien was horrible to us as fans but he was limited to what he could call...NO THIRD WR! No running game! Everyone knew to double Moss and focus on Welker. This year will be diff through the draft...expect a few trades. Im predecting Boldin for a 2nd  rounder or they sign stallworth for pennies. First pick will be Hughes from Tcu. Wooton in the 2nd and the sleeper tight end will be Jimmy Graham. The coaching staff will unite as one and listen to each other........

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaws213. Show jaws213's posts

Sometimes geniuses turn crazy and paranoid later in life. Could be happpening to BB since everytime he has a coordinator they get hired some place else. Even so I don't see how this is a good thing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

THis is the kinda thing that can ruin the franchise. there are no checks in balances, its like let the president being the executive, legislature and judiciary all in one.

can't beleive Kraft will buy into this.

you've got to hire the right people

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Jeez, negativity.  Somebody will coordinate the offense, somebody will coordinate the defense, it's just a difference in title.  Maybe he wasn't happy with Pees job, and want s to mentor the next DC (Patricia, Peppers?) by himself to make sure he gets the right guy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Yup I dont like this either.  As mentioned aboved and seen all last season, the problem is during the week game planning, its how does BB make in game decisions on offense, defense, special teams etc.  If a defense player or offensive player needs to talk during the game, how can they all talk to BB at the same time.

He is wearing way to many hats.  I don't like this at all.  I think we are starting to see the end of the BB era.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

I think this is a terrible idea. It was too much for him last year with no o-cordinator and now he will take the defense as well.He can't see  everything and there will be one less set of eyes to help him.....bad idea .......not a fan of this at all........he said so himself he needed people to question him more........the window is closing..............

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

I'm adding my vote to the - "oh no" column. I think this is a recipe for if not disaster- than mediocre. In my opinion this past season was the worse season in BB's stint as head coach of the PATS. The play calling lacked creativity, and many times coaching was not able to respond to adjustments opposing teams coaches made at half time.
    Yes, I know team has to execute on the field- and this past year's team had more than it's share of execution troubles. Subpar coaching was a factor in more than a  few losses.
    BB looked tired and worn out.
    As much as I respect the man, he can't do it all. I think finding, naming, having Defensive and Offensive Head Coaches would reenergize  and refocus the team.
    This move is yet another total head scratcher.
    Go Saints!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

My interpretation:

1. They promoted from within as many speculated, but the guy isn't going to hold the title until he proves himself.  I fully expect that come preseason it will be known who is performing many of the DC roles, albeit without the title.  

2. O'Brian must have improved enough over the season to get another shot, but not enough to get the title.

My mood:  Somber.  Maybe Pepper or that Patricia guy will do a great job.  Maybe O'Brian will do better.  I kinda thought our system needed a refresh though.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

This is great.  Kraft gets to keep even more money by not having to pay coordinator money.  Sweet.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Like others said, maybe BB is concerned that EVERYBODY he promotes to coordinator gets poached by other teams to be a head coach.  This stinks in my book; how often in the past few years have we seen BB over on the sideline trying to coach up the defense, while on the field the offense is going 3 and out again, again and again...

In his days in Cleveland one knock on BB was that he was trying to turn straw into gold, trying to get ten cents out of a nickel...  very often he did.  His reclamation projects have worked out well for us at times and I think we could get away with this on defense... but not on offense. 

If I have to watch another season of delay of game penalties, timeouts by Brady because the play isn't on the field in time and blatantly obvious play calling that the defense figures out and stuffs than next season I may be calling for Bill's head on a pike.

Sections
Shortcuts