Late round Qb draftees

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Late round Qb draftees

Is Savage , a big kid, rocket arm , some mobility, rated 6 round some one you would take a shot at?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kezzamuzza. Show kezzamuzza's posts

Re: Late round Qb draftees

Notice David Fales is rated highly in one draft. Keep your eye on him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Connor Shaw

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Logan Thomas is my pick

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is Savage , a big kid, rocket arm , some mobility, rated 6 round some one you would take a shot at?

[/QUOTE]

Savage is no longer flying under the radar...he's now likely a 4th rounder and perhaps higher.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

The issue with Savage is he has always been inaccurate. I don't think any QB finds accuracy, and would not expect Savage to either. He has all the measurables, other than accuracy. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Savage is no longer flying under the radar...he's now likely a 4th rounder and perhaps higher.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

Logan Thomas is waste of a pick - the guy was highly innacurate and that was in College when recievers are more wide open than in the pros. Cant imagine this guy throwing in the pros into tight windows with guys all around him. Maybe as a converted TE-with his speed and size he could convert?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Bradysgirlforreal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Logan Thomas is waste of a pick - the guy was highly innacurate and that was in College when recievers are more wide open than in the pros. Cant imagine this guy throwing in the pros into tight windows with guys all around him. Maybe as a converted TE-with his speed and size he could convert?

[/QUOTE]

I disagree that he'd be a wasted pick.  You're talking about taking a kid on Day 3 as a developmental QB, a kid with elite size and arm strength, good athleticism and a ton of intangibles.  Has he been inaccurate?  Yep... and he needs to clean up his mechanics and footworkbut but again, we're talking about Day 3, where you take a chance on upside and he has a lot of it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I disagree that he'd be a wasted pick.  You're talking about taking a kid on Day 3 as a developmental QB, a kid with elite size and arm strength, good athleticism and a ton of intangibles.  Has he been inaccurate?  Yep... and he needs to clean up his mechanics and footworkbut but again, we're talking about Day 3, where you take a chance on upside and he has a lot of it.

[/QUOTE]

What do you think about the kid Fales from San Jose State?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A competitive, hardworking kid with a lot of intangibles and average arm strength, but touch/accuracy in the short/intermediate areas of the field.  Prob be off the board at some point in the middle rounds or Day 3.  I like what he brings to the field.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A competitive, hardworking kid with a lot of intangibles and average arm strength, but touch/accuracy in the short/intermediate areas of the field.  Prob be off the board at some point in the middle rounds or Day 3.  I like what he brings to the field.

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like he would be off the board before they pick in round 6 but if he is still there would you take him? Do you think this kid has the tools to develop into a legit NFL starting QB?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes I might, knowing nothing else about him. His biggest unknown for me is intelligence.

Plusses:  he played a season for the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, so he'll hopefully be a pro.  McCourty, Logan Ryan, Duron Harmon, all sorts of Patriots players can recommend him (or not).  He doesn't throw interceptions, which reminds me a bit of two of Tom Brady's NFL records.  He gets some kind of malcontent award for not working out with the Arizona coach and transferring all over the country.  This will drive off many NFL teams but not Bill Belichick.

His worst problem is pretty shrimpy arms for a 6 foot 4 guy.  You want to throw over the defensive linemen, not into them. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

how can you tell if a player is competitive and hardworking from watching tape?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You can from reading.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You can from reading.

[/QUOTE]

are any college QB's not competitive or hard working?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You can from reading.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not all QB's have same level of competitive fire and work ethic, no.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You can from reading.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

do you know how Rettig was rated?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You can from reading.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I believe he's met with the Patriots, but I haven't been able to give him much of a look.  I can do so and give you my feedback.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You can from reading.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I believe he's met with the Patriots, but I haven't been able to give him much of a look.  I can do so and give you my feedback.

[/QUOTE]

yes, the Pats have had him in, and I now have heard 2 different comments on him. first I heard they wanted him for a "summer arm"....with a chance at PS...then I heard they like him quite a bit. his career seemed to go downhill at BC...coaching? did the player not work hard enough? I find it hard to believe after watching 2-3 BC games, Rettig will be drafted, but one never knows! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In response to kezzamuzza's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Notice David Fales is rated highly in one draft. Keep your eye on him.

[/QUOTE]

Fales fails.  Too short, no arm length either, small hand size is conducive to fumbling, can't run, can't hit a bomb either.

He's nice and charismatic, exactly like the Sanchize, so if he goes to the Jets I wouldn't be surprised.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Logan Thomas sahkssss.. Look at Connor Shaws highlights..A proven winner wasn't he the MVP of the SEC championship game? 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DxMBssr8qSY check it out. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In response to xxcodyfxx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Connor Shaw

[/QUOTE]

Shaw is a bit of an Edelman without any of Edelman's or Michael Vick's acceleration, but with some passing accuracy.  He might get a free agent tryout and slip through as a gimmick guy on the practice squad until he's any good.  If you haven't got a Tom Brady someday, platooning two marginal QBs with radically different throwing styles is a way to drive defenses nuts and win games.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In response to APpats22's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Logan Thomas is my pick

[/QUOTE]

Yes!  That's the guy!  His ball release point is a full 10 inches higher than Connor Shaw's, so Thomas doesn't worry about passing lanes.  Excellent explosion when he needs to take off and run, so defensive ends can't just lay back their ears and blitz.  He's a load to bring down too when he gets going, reminiscent of Big Ben Roofies over in Pittsburgh.  He would also make a fair tight end. 

He's a big huge project guy of course.  That's ok, BB wouldn't ever play a rookie quarterback to save his life.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You can from reading.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yes, the Pats have had him in, and I now have heard 2 different comments on him. first I heard they wanted him for a "summer arm"....with a chance at PS...then I heard they like him quite a bit. his career seemed to go downhill at BC...coaching? did the player not work hard enough? I find it hard to believe after watching 2-3 BC games, Rettig will be drafted, but one never knows! 

[/QUOTE]

Looks like he had (5) OC's during his time at BC, which can prob make it a bit difficult to build a ton of consistency/familiarity.