Late Signings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArmyPatsFan. Show ArmyPatsFan's posts

Late Signings

Hey I was thinking about the upcoming pre-season and our history of signing or trading for some great veterans just before or during camp (ie, Bryan Cox, Roman Phifer, Ted Washington, LaMont Jordan, et all).  The only thing the Pats are really lacking are possible veteran presence on OLB, and conceivably a natural FB or vet backup QB.  Who do you think we could go after?
    Burgess?  Brooks?  Boller?  Karney?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Re: Late Signings

I see an excellent chance of the Cowboys cutting Ellis.  It's unlikely teams will trade picks for a 34 yr old LB with his big cap hit.  If Ellis gets cut, their is absolutely no excuse whatsoever in a million years for the Pats not to be making a move or even signing Ellis.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rabbrandy. Show rabbrandy's posts

Hey I was thinking about the upcoming pre-season and our history of signing or trading for some great veterans just before or during camp (ie, Bryan Cox, Roman Phifer, Ted Washington, LaMont Jordan, et all).  The only thing the Pats are really lacking are possible veteran presence on OLB, and conceivably a natural FB or vet backup QB.  Who do you think we could go after? Burgess?  Brooks?  Boller?  Karney?
    Posted by ArmyPatsFan

they have had some good late signings over the years. i wouldn't trade for burgess with what the raiders are asking though. a number 2, oconnell, and vollmer. what a joke, thats way more than what they got for cassel.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArmyPatsFan. Show ArmyPatsFan's posts

Personally, I would love to get Ellis, since he played in a Parcells system, it would be a much easier transition to the Pats system than Burgess from the Raiders.  But I wouldn't trade for him, not with all the money and personnel/picks he would demand.  If they cut him, I think we need to go get him.  I would also like to see the Pats at least bring in a veteran QB to camp, if nothing else than to push O'Connell and Gutierrez, like Trent Green or Charlie Frye (not much out there, but enough to put pressure).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Just a guess but I think that Brian Griese will be the veteran QB that they bring in if they bring one in at all.Also we have enough LB's,but if Ellis becomes a UFA ok bring him in,with the drafting of 3 DT's it wouldn't surprise me too see a lot more 4-3 this season.I wouldn't trade anything more than a draft choice for Burgess,so I guess he'll be playing in Oakland this season.Brooks is a no go.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Personally, I would love to get Ellis, since he played in a Parcells system, it would be a much easier transition to the Pats system than Burgess from the Raiders.  But I wouldn't trade for him, not with all the money and personnel/picks he would demand.  If they cut him, I think we need to go get him.  I would also like to see the Pats at least bring in a veteran QB to camp, if nothing else than to push O'Connell and Gutierrez, like Trent Green or Charlie Frye (not much out there, but enough to put pressure).
    Posted by ArmyPatsFan
    watch for brian greise to get cut.

Sections
Shortcuts